Happycall recipe!

hi, I stumble upon this thread as I just received my HC pan today. Was wondering if anyone of you know if this pan can be used on induction heat?

princesspiggy: Agree with u that fish is much softer when cooked on HC. However last week my husband fried batang fish with the pan and turn out to be very tender. I'm actually more used to the fried version. LOL.

Btw, anyone tried making popcorn using HC? My mum wans to try tmr but I cun find a good sweet popcorn recipe. Anyone can share? Thanks

Hi, All. I just saw the advertisement on TV today. In the G marketing website, there are different sizes. Which is a good size for a family of 3? And how much is it? It is advertised on TV for SGD 108 but I also see SGD 62.90 in some websites. Thanks.

Hi to all HappyCallers...
happy.gif

So hapi to see a thread here for this pan...
I use this pan mainly for meat n egg related dishes n use e normal wok for veg...
Taste is quite similar compared to usual cooking but e appearance can b quite different.
Yup, oso face e usual inconveniences like rubber trimming comes off upon hugh heat n content all jumbled up upon flipping...
Carry on sharing!

Hi all ,

I just received my HC , can I ask is it both side I can start on cooking .Mean if I going to cook some thing have more gravy can I cook on the flatter base after flip (it before deeper base ) then I put those sauces .

hi all,i just got my happy call pan and started using it for the first time,but i really find it small to cook vegetables even for a family of 2!Regretted and prefer deeper pressure pan as my main purpose is to cook vegetables without oil splatter over my open concept kitchen.the current pan does not allow room for movement when i fill the pan with veg.aroma doesnt seep into the veg and hence doesnt taste as gd as i pan fried it. Not only, i noticed the kitchen floor will also be sticky after cooking, even though i have closed the lid but open only at intervals to check if it is cooked.i hv to clean the floor again but luckily it is only half the floor not the whole floor i used to.My advise is that regardless for a big or small family so long you want to cook a proper portion of vegetables,buy the deeper pressure pan.i ordered mine online,dont think can be exchanged
sad.gif

Hi Princess Elaine

Think the main purpose of this pan is for frying fish and meat related dishes...

I personally use the pan for fried fish without too much oil and meat(chicken and pork).

All the dishes turned out beautifully and without oil splashing over the kitchen and also more healhtier as less oil is being use.

As for Vege, I dun use the happycall pan..
Vege is better done with stired fried which I prefer and taste better... anyway, vege can't do much oil splattering.... so i'm fine with it...

happy.gif

Posting on behalf of Esther: getting her to move to this thread .
happy.gif
happy cooking

1. Happy call chicken wings
=> marinate the chicken wing 2nd in advance. Place the chicken wings on the dry pan and close cover for 5min and flip over to cook the other side of the chicken wings for another 5min. Flip back to 1st side and open too check if it's cook and simmer from another 5min with cover unlock.

2. HappyCall egg sandwich
=> fry egg omelette in the pan and add bread on top of the egg when it's half cook. Lock the pan handle and flip over for 3min twice and unlock the handle n cook for 2min.

3. Sit fry vegetable with HPC
=> add a few drop of oil. Add in garlic and small onion, when it's fragrance add in vegetable and lock the pan handle for 3min. Unlock and stir the vegetable and cook for another 1-2min. Dish out.

was reading all your post.

1. Frying fish need oil to be crispy and the pan handle has to be open at the end of the cooking for 5 min. Dont cook too long with the handle lock cos the fish will be harden, overcook.

2. Flip the pan without opening the cover will avoid dripping from the outlet. If you need to open and check clean the water from the outlet and cook for 1 min before flip over.

3. I tried omelette bread. if want to be crispy dont lock the handle let some air flow in.

1. Happy call chicken wings
=> marinate the chicken wing 2nd in advance. Place the chicken wings on the dry pan and close cover for 5min and flip over to cook the other side of the chicken wings for another 5min. Flip back to 1st side and open too check if it's cook and simmer from another 5min with cover unlock.

6345685.jpg

2. HappyCall egg sandwich
=> fry egg omelette in the pan and add bread on top of the egg when it's half cook. Lock the pan handle and flip over for 3min twice and unlock the handle n cook for 2min.

6345686.jpg

3. Sit fry vegetable with HPC
=> add a few drop of oil. Add in garlic and small onion, when it's fragrance add in vegetable and lock the pan handle for 3min. Unlock and stir the vegetable and cook for another 1-2min. Dish out.

6345687.jpg

=====================================================
4. Pan Fried Tou Gua

6345688.jpg

5. Pan Fried Fish

6345689.jpg

6. Fried Fish

6345690.jpg

7. Pork Patty

6345691.jpg

Hi Mengyuan,
What is the different between happycall ceramic pot set and kitchen-art ecoramic pot set? Which is better and are they the same coating?

hi tjccml,

personally I haven't tried with any of the ceramic pot so far, as I don't cook often. I have 1 happycall double pan only. So I can just tell you something theoretically
happy.gif

The ceramic coating tech is more or less the same. But non of them could be used on induction cooker. Only usable on gas / radiant / electricity cooker. Both happycall and kitchen-art got the steam-release glass lid.

I have one customer told me that the Neoflam Venn could be used at induction cooker, as she purchased 1 before in Singapore (OG or Metro, I cannot remember), and she likes it so much. She intend to collect the full set from Korea. I have ordered for her.
happy.gif
However the lid for Neoflam is not steam-release.

Compare the price, I think Kitchen-Art is the cheapest among ceramic pots.

hi meng yuan,
actuali,i very tempted to buy the neoflam pots fr u,but can't decide if shld get PHILOS or VENN.Not keen on KitchenArt coz of the long handler looks funny:p

I notice there is small hole on the PHILOS/Venn pot cover,can the steam release fr its hole?

hi avocado,

yes, soup will spill out just like the normal lids we have in our kitchen now. I happened to got a set of Neoflam Venn at my house, ordered by a customer. Shared with you some pics of the lid. There is a small hole on the glass lid, like our normal lids, to let steam go out. But soup will still spill out with this kind of lids.

6416346.jpg
6416347.jpg

compare Venn and Philos, personally I prefer Venn as the whole pot is coated with ceramic, including handles, this make it easier to clean, and looks nice in colour.

Happycall and Kitchen art got a long handler on top of the lid, is to help lid stand on its side. Some mums likes this design. So far, I found all the steam-release lids are with such a long handler.

I'd like to clarify one thing I stated before: Neoflam pot make in Korea is not for induction cooker. Only the design made in China, with an inductive disk inserted at bottom of the pot, could be used on induction cooker. Sorry for my mistake.

But According to the design of the lid, it is just the normal ones, while the steam release ones should have special release holes below the lid handle. I'll double confirm n let u know.

Back