Happycall recipe!

Doggies mummy

If i'm not wrong, the neoflam clay pot is not the same as the ecoramic. Only the other version of neoflam is similar.

The plus factors I like about ecoramic are the non spill covers as well as they are stackable. Save space lol.

Usually, I use the big one to make dessert, curry, stir fry, etc.

Why don't you go to nearby departmental stall to have a quick look at the neoflam products? At least you can compare prices.

Hi Mrs Chew

Thanks,i saw isetan has promotions on neoflam, 26cm pan and 20cm pot,add up to be around $120. plus a small pot to cook instant noodles, will be similar to ecoramics price liao

think will just go for ecoramics
happy.gif

yup claypot no coating at all but also under neoflam, super good for soup and stew.

According to 247mall, the ecoramic is only meant for the stove top right?
Neoflam can use induction cooker too.

Mrs Chew, what so special abt the non spill covers? I mean why non spill, isit there are holes to let off pressure?

JJ

I think so leh, not very sure. I was awed by how when the soup was boiling and bubbling, it didn't spill off from the pot even when it was fully covered. Truly amazing!! Watch from youtube and you will know what I mean.

Honestly, I do not know it truly works or not, have to wait till my set comes and will update.

Thanks
can this pan be used like a hot plate ? so without covering it, can we do like the japanese okonomiyaki ?

hihi.. just got my happycall pan yesterday.. i just tried cooking chicken chop earlier.. realised that i cannot put in chicken, open pan and check, flip pan, open pan and check again, then flip back.. the oil will drip out.. =( does it means i can only put chicken, flip once, flip back then open pan?

btw, pls share more recipes here.. =)

I got my happy call pan on Saturday and today my mother 'open wok' alr. And she is super PLEASED with the pan.

She made chicken chop and xiao bai chye in oyster sauce for lunch. Record 20 - 25 mins completed all cooking. In the past would have likely taken her at least another 15-20 mins.

Chop was two large chicken thigh type boneless chop, put side by side and cook at one go. 7 - 8 mins each side and the chicken was lightly browned on the outside, cooked through and juicy on the inside. Will try to post pictures later.

Quick recipe for chicken chop.

Use ur fav marinate (teriyaki, salt n pepper, whatever). After marinating for 30 mins (or even a few days in the fridge, haha), heat pan and put a little oil. put in chicken. close and cook 7-8 mins one side, flip, another 7-8 mins. done.

A tip from a friend who has been using the pan for a while (she got hers in May/June i think). The back of the pan, there is a vent for steam and a little open dish. That's the place where the oil may sometimes leak from. What she does is to start cooking with the dish facing DOWNwards. Then when she flips, the dish turns upwards and 'catches' any leak. She has never had any leaks w this method. She only flip once so learning the timing is impt and probably comes w experience. If cooking things with bones in (like chicken or pork) it might take one or two minutes more but pressured cooking is usually faster than conventional.

Hope that helps!

tonight's experiment will be FISH. post results later. Happy Flipping! :D

Botakmum,
Tried ham n cheese with egg sandwich - thumbs up! Success!! With no mess and minimal effort!
Thanks for sharing ;)

Ahnet,
Thanks for sharing, think it now makes more sense to start cookking from reverse - downside then end upside of the pan ;)

Hi Vivien,

Thanks for starting this thread
happy.gif
It will serve as a great source of reference when my HC pan arrives.

Hi AhNet,

how to "open wok"?

i will be collecting my pan from lynn this wk...so is it the normal wash with hot soapy water,dry and grease with veg oil?

hope i can do up some recipes that mummies shared here!

can anyone share how to "open wok" for this pan?

Hi
I have bought the hcpan from 247mall's 1st spree.

When I first used it, there's a smell from the pan though have washed it thoroughly, anyone got the same problem?

Tried the egg and cheese sandwich, turned out to be beautiful.. But when it comes to frying fish, haiz, don't know if it is my problem, my mackerel got burnt while I kept open and closed to check.. Well, I don't really know how to pan fry fish, thought I could do it with no skill with hcpan.. Can someone kindly assist me..

I haven started my wok yet after collection on sat...Nice to have this thread..can share recipe here..nice...

My cousin also got one...he got it online from other places...heard from him that when u want to flip...must tilt the handle down mean the pan up so the sauce wont leak out from the steam part....cos when u flip when flat it will leak...he say very easy to use...he use it to cook sambal sotong...

Going to try it out this weekend...

@ Lotusmum...U cook how long for the mackerel?? maybe over cook...

Princess piggy
The 1st time I fried the fish, it took around 5mins winch I find it long so for the 2nd time, I turned up the fire, who knows it got burnt.. :-(

Hi all,

CC, I think for those cooking stuff that is not wet or v oily, cooking which side 1st doesn't matter.

Cloudme, my mom jus wash in soapy water and rinse n wipe dry.

avocado, ours not teriyaki chicken today. Marinated by mom's fren n given to us. If using teriyaki sauce, do note that there is two type, the thick one and the thin one. i think both shld b ok. but do note that any thing with high sugar content tends to burn more easily. So may have to control the fire a bit n not have it too hot.

lotusmum, no smell from mine. and i think your pan was probably too hot. 5 mins is not long for a thick fish. Usu to steam a pomfert to about jus nice takes 10 - 12 mins.

Mom was trying to cook the fish just now. she went n opened the pan while it was still upside down to see if she shld flip and one corner of the rubber seal popped out. gave her a shock. can b fixed back in but i think i need to explore to see if it's jus because of her opening it when upside down, or because of something expanded or she open too quickly n the vaccum caused it or the rubber seal length not right or something. but must wait for pan to cool down 1st. Has anyone experienced this b4?

but the fish turned out okay. lightly browned n moist.

will post later.

Ahnet,
My teriyaki chicken came out perfect ;D! Kids finished the whole chicken thigh.

Lotusmom,
The manual read to me by hubby says, add water to used pan, drop few detergents and bring to boil. The smell shud go away. Btw, it's open pan boil. You can see small bubbles forming at the base of pan. Hope it helps.

Ahnet,
I bought from NTUC prepacked marinated teriyaki chicken, think if I bought the sauce it might take me more than a yr to finish the bottle ;p!

Hi,

I just got my HC pan..

and tried to "fry" chicken medjoint wings.. Just marinate the wings w peppers and salt. and fry them..

at first use small heat to fry, but it dun turn out nice.. its cooked but dun have the crispy skin.

Then i turn the fire to medium.. and it had the crispy skin..

its good to use this pan then deep fry chicken wings with oil, save oil and the oil will not spilt outside.. nice nice..
happy.gif

oh no.. can't wait to get mine today..
i'm going to collect from Lynn today during lunch...

gotta try all the dishes which you all posted...

very excited.......

Ok.. I'll try pan frying the fish again.. Thanks for the tips.. :)

Cc, I like the idea of teriyaki chicken..very tempted to go buy from ntuc now..

Mommies,
I just tried frying sotong balls, I coat them with oil first, then cook with small fire for 12mins, it works...very nice colour..

Heeeheee... This is so much fun ;)! Cooking used to be a drag with cleaning and now - ta da!!! No cleaning if not minimal :D!

Lotusmun,
The Ntuc prepacked black pepper chicken is nice too - really no hassle.

Lotusmom,
Just drizzle some oil, skin side first - close pan 2-3mins and flip 2-3mins open check and serve. Different thickness will take awhile longer ;)

Wow... i needed this... thks to all who have contributed. I know nuts abt cooking. more receipes please....

got the pan last sat, tried chix chop n it was burnt, now i know its bcos im using honey BBQ sauce. will keep low fire next time. Thanks CC ;)

I'm cooking chicken thighs now and I tried to open it to check n the oil splash out, scare me and I quickly cover it back. I tot its not supposed to splash oil out? Or isit we can't even open to check?

Just finished cooking and the skin got burnt but inside still very tender n juicy. My recipe is:
4 thighs marinated with soya sauce, sesame oil n pepper.
Place in HC without any oil coz I've sesame oil inside.
Cook for 5 min then flip, the other side also 5 min but think have to reduce next time to prevent burnt skin.

And also the cooking smell quite strong leh, tot HC is not supposed to have that smell?

@ Jenny - cos Chicken tighs itself already with oil as the skin and fats...so when u fried I think there is some excess oil....

I think there is still smell only not that terrible than you cook on normal pan...and the surrounding is oily....

I think also got to depend what we cook maybe...Cos my uncle have 1 but cant flip one...also say low on smell..but when we fried salmon, faint...my whole kitchen is that smell...but when we fried saba fish was ok..not so strong....

princess-piggy: My mum told me maybe the tv ad nv use oil so no splashing of oil. At least the smell went off on its own after a few min and the whole house doesn't have the smell like we use normal pan. I find the HC quite heavy to flip over.

My husband just ate the chicken thighs n he said the burnt part very delicious. LOL

@jenny-haha..yr hubby so cute...my mum also start the wok just now...she make bbq pork rib and chicken wings...I ask her how..she keep laughing say cos inside got sugar as part of the ingredient so get burn easily...she didnt add oil at all...I also try to hold the pan..quite heavy...haha...I nearly drop on the stove just now... yeah, burnt part normally is nice but must not be cold...cold liao no nice...my mum also say no much smell and floor not oily...cos normally she use oven to bake and my whole kitchen got smell inclue my towel..but now is free of smell..

Hi, today is Potato Day.

I tried to "fry" potato chips to day.. turn out not bad... slice potato to v v thin, lay them in the pan, add few drops of oil. i turn the pan every 5 mins and open to 're-arrange" the potato again..

I also tried to "bake" sweet potato. took abt 30mins, taste v nice.. it taste the same as we do during BBQ (throw inside the charcoal) But this time not only need to turn n also shake the pan to let the sweet potato turn to other side.

little tip: buy sweet potato that is not so "fat" if not cannot cover the pan..

happy cooking

Jenny, yes.. but depend on ur size of sweet potato too.. remember to shake the pan..to make it roll to the other side, or u can also open the pan to turn it.. u can use a chopstick to poke the sweet potato, if it can go thru "smoothly", then its cooked..
happy.gif

Yeah...the sweet potato is nice after cook using the pan..I also use it to cook the corn...I cut in few slice and just pan fried..nice...the juice is kept in the corn and when bite is so crunchy...the corn top and bottom part will be a bit crispy crispy cos fried on the pan...yummy

aiyo,
my attempt for a fried fish is horrible...

no crispy side....

my hub said it's the worst fish he eaten so far...cos no crispy skin
but the meat is very moist...

did you ladies rub the fish with salt b4 frying in the HC pan?
how to get crispy fish skin on the outside?

Back