Happycall recipe!

Hi Botakmum,

How about your signature dish u posted at the BP previously? the pork one. Dunno what it's called...
happy.gif
Look very delicious!

For me I fried fish with 1 tbsp of oil.

Saw from the advertisement that no oil is needed. Anyone tried without oil?

For my bake chicken, I used the oven bake method

2-3 boneless n skinless drumsticks.
Marinated with 1tsp salt. 30 mins

Ingredients
1/2cup flour
1/2cup melted butter(divide half into 2 portion)
2tbsp honey
2tbsp soy sauce

First take out the marinated chicken. Spread 1portion of the butter evenly on the chicken. Sprinkle flour on the chicken.

For the sauce. Mix 1portion of butter, soy sauce n honey together.

Preheat pan on low fire for 3-5mins. Then put in chicken. Put big fire for 30seconds then switch to small fire. Then bast with the sauce when the chicken is cooked at 8 mins. Then turn the pan over 5mins later and bast the other side of the chicken. Total cooking time is bout 15mins. During the first basting u can put in the potatoes.

Fry vege

Vege ( I used xiao bai cai the other day) portion is enough for 2 adults.
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp of dried shrimps
1tsp of sugar
1/2 cup of chicken stock (I used maggi brand the one without added msg)
1 tbsp oil

Add oil heat for 30 seconds then add in garlic and dried shrimps. Close the pan and stir for a minute.
Then open pan n put in vege. Close the pan and 3 mins later add in sugar n chic stock. Then close the pan and flip the pan a couple of times. Cook for 3 mins. Then vege is ready.

Note: I felt that for stir fry vege using wok is still nicer. Cos I used really big fire with it so it tasted more like those from stir fry shop. Whereas for happycall fire have to be of medium to low.

Black pepper spare ribs

2 spare ribs. Chopped into small pieces.
3 cloves garlic
A generous amt of black pepper
3 tbsp soy sauce

Marinate spareribs With all ingredients for at least 30 mins.

Then just put in happycall. For 10-15mins and turn every 5 mins.

Fish kebab

Sticks to make kebab.
Capsicums
Cucumber
Tomatoes

Cut the 3 above into cubes of around 1inches

For fish I used "ji rou yu" muscle fish ( sorry donno wat it's
called in English) can use dory fish too.
Cut fish into the desired size.
Marinate with garlic, mix herbs, salt.

Then put the fish n vege on sticks then put 1tbsp of oil n put the kebab in. Cook for bout 7-10 mins

Thank you, Mummies. I just got my HappyCall Pan. Never cooked a meal for my hubby before. But now, with the pan and your receipes, I'm sure I gonna cook

My turn:
happy.gif

TWICE FRIED FISH

1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 fish (I use white pamfret)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon cornstarch
4 tablespoons water

Directions:

In a mixing bowl, mix together hoisin sauce, tomato sauce, pepper, soy sauce, sugar and salt. Set aside for 20 minutes.
Rub fish with 1 tablespoon of oil. Heat Happy Call for 1-2 mins with medium fire. When it's hot, add the remaining oil and lower the fire a bit. Fry fish for 2 minutes on both sides, don't forget to flip. Take it out, drain on paper towels, and set aside.

Add 1 tablespoon of butter in pan. Melt over medium heat and add soy sauce mixture, stirring well. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and pour into the pan, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened.
Return fish to the pan and cook again for 1 minute on each side, don't forget to flip. (I usually do this final stage a little bit longer with very small fire, so the fish will absorb the flavor more)

MALAYSIA SIMPLE FRIED CHICKEN

1 Whole chicken (cut into pieces, depends how big u want it to be)
4 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp curry powder
6 cloves garlic (chop)

Directions:
Mix oyster sauce, curry powder and garlic in one bowl. Put in chicken and marinate. Cover bowl and put inside fridge for 20 mins.

After 20 mins, put all chicken inside heated Happy Call. I melted little butter for flavor instead of oil. Close pan, wait for few mins and flip. Continue checking your chicken from time to time over small fire until it is cooked. Don't forget to flip.

Very delicious fried chicken, served with sambal chilli.
happy.gif

LAMB STEAK... *drools*
happy.gif

Sauce:
Depends on how much sauce you think u prefer. I'd like mine with lots of sauce.
happy.gif

1/4 or 1/2 a bottle of tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
1-2 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp plain flour
1/4 cup water

Steak:
1 tbsp butter
pepper, salt
lamb steaks (I use 4 standard pieces)

Directions:

Steak
Marinate lamb steaks with salt and pepper. Let it stand for 15 mins.

Sauce
Melt butter on pan, pour in tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, white sugar. Mix well. Small fire.

Mix plain flour with water, and pour in to the pan, stirring as you go. Mix well into a thick consistency.

Taste and feel free to adjust. The taste should be a bit sweet and sour.

Put aside if you happy with the taste.

Steak

Heat pan with medium fire, melt butter. Put in 2 steaks (doing this in 2 batches as the pan size allows), close pan. Wait for 3 mins or so, and flip. When both surface cooked, make the fire smaller. And flip again when necessary till they are cooked. Depends if you'd like it medium rare. Repeat for the other 2 steaks.

When done, serve steak with the sauce together in a plate. Coupled with boiled broccoli or carrot.
happy.gif

Anyone tried frying fish like cod fish? Those one piece type. How long to cook it? I'm waiting for my happycall to arrive.

Wow thanks mummies/ladies/chefs! I'm gonna earmark this page. Am still waiting for my pan. Will certainly share recipes once i rec'd n start experimenting! :D

woo hoo!! I'm going to love this page!!! Tks vivien for starting this!

I manage to "take over" the pan from another mommy who decided to sell hers to me yippy and I am officially in the loop :p

Botakmum, I saw your roast pork in BP#2 and it's still in my head! I am going to try it out first thing I get the pan!

Oyster sauce fried fish
Ingredients:
ó Shallot (sliced) or onion
ó Ginger (sliced)
ó 1~2 tablespoon Oyster sauce mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
ó 1 fish (I use black pamfret)
ó 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
ó 1 tablespoon butter

Method:
ó Rub fish with 1 tablespoon of oil.
ó Heat Happy Call for 1-2 mins with medium fire. When it's hot, add the remaining oil and lower the fire a bit.
ó Fry fish for 2 minutes on both sides, don't forget to flip. Take it out, drain on paper towels, and set aside.

ó Add 1 tablespoon of butter in pan. Melt over medium heat and add ginger close for 1 minute, stir.
ó Open add shallot close for 1 minute, stir.
ó Add oyster mixture, stirring well.
ó Return fish to the pan and cook again for 2 minute on each side, flip.
ó Serve

H Jenny

I.ve tried frying cod fish last week.

Sprinkle salt on fish.

Then use butter instead of oil. Then put in the fish. Big fire for a while then switch to small fire. N remember to turn the pan. Took bout 8 mins to cook.

Separately I.ve standby fried garlic beforehand cos my hubby loves fried garlic. So I.ll sprinkle lots a fried garlic on it before serving.

Hi cc,

Did it said no pre heating? Thanks for highlighting it to me.
happy.gif

Hi jj,

Don't mention. Welcome to the thread. Hope you'll enjoy cookingnwith ur happycall

Hi,

Bought the pan but have yet to use it. Did anyone pretreat the pan before using? How to treat it? Thanks

Hi Ladies,

thanks for all the recipes... i am waiting for my pan too..

Think the MOST important action in all recipe is "DUN FORGET TO FLIP"

So, Happy flipping! ^_*

Hi everyone

Alway always remember:
Never never put detergent immediately onto a hot pan when washing. You will spoil the coating easily and the chemical from the detergent will penetrate in.

Last time when I purchased neoflam products, the salesman reminded me that regardless of what brand, as long as the pan/pot is non stick coated, what I have to do is to take kitchen paper to clean off the dirt and later wash when the pan/pot is cool.

Cheers.

Mrs Chew,
thanks for the tip
happy.gif

sorry to digress...
btw, did you buy the erconomics pots from 247mall? any feedback?

Hi CC

No, I'm still waiting for her to start a thread on the pots.

However, I find the pots' feature very familiar with the neoflam products too. So, intend to get one first and if it is good, will buy another one for my sis.

Mrs Chew,
Yes, saw the Features almost same but I don't have a neoflam - waiting for her new thread ;). Old thread was just deleted 10mins ago.

Looking forward to new pots too!

Doggies mummy

U mean the ecoramic pots?? I don't know yet. Must ask 247mall.

Honestly, I find that as long as it's non-stick coating, better not. I ever bought a ASD wok which Is non-stick coated and yet is able to use metal ladle (indicated clearly on its box). But I discovered a lot of scatches when I used the metal wok ladle to fry my food. I called the agent but was told the wok was still safe to be used. However, I never use it till now cos I still don't feel safe.

So, ultimately, I find that using non metal ladle helps to preserve the lifespan of a non-stick pots/pans.

but plastic ladle is not safe leh... have wooden ladle or not? i really thought ceramic coating is better than other types of coating

Me use wooden ladle.

Only use metal one on my old black traditional iron wok as well as those stainless steel pots.

Mrs chew,
Really??? I bought neoflam and no one told me cannot use detergent when it is still hot!!
After cooking, I just wash immediately to prepare to cook the next dish!
Wonder if it applies to their clay pot range? I used that to cook my girl's porridge everyday!

jj

Yes, the salesman told me. I cant remember his name liao. He also advised that if you need to rush for the next use, cool the pan over running tap water and once cool, you can use detergent Liao. As for the clay pot, I dunno. Never buy that one before. Are they good?? I only bought the pans n pots.

jj,mrs chew

Is neoflam available at singapore's shopping centers? wanted ecoramics but i dun need the big pots of 24cm. may just get neoflam instead

Ecoramic sets are cheaper.

I always purchased my neoflam when they are having 30 to 40% discount. I couldn't remember the price liao, so sorry.
You can check it out at most departmental store. Sometimes, they will throw in chef knife or cutting board during promotions too, on top of the discount.

Doggies mummy,
I got all my neoflam when there are 30-40% sale, sometimes at isetan and sometimes those expo sales.
If u are isetan members or OG members do look out for their coupon during sale, sometime very worth it. I got their big clay pot for making soup (the brown one) at something like $50!

Ya. Me ordered one set of ecoramic pots liao.
Actually, I'm more interested with the covers than the pots.

Haiz... If my ah lao knows, sure show me his face.

sigh i dun noe want to order or not??!!
John little sales will have neoflam or not?
my house only 2 big and 2 small, dun need 24 cm pots, hubby will faint when he see the "giant pots"

Back