Glenn Doman Flash Card Users Corner

worrymum,

we are going to pasir ris branch 2pm timeslot. They say that's the only slot available so no choice. I would have prefer early morning... I am going pasir ris since they have free flashcards given as feedback by other mummies here. But we may end up going to orchid country club afterall ... cos distance slightly better.

OIC...where do u stay? BTW, heard OCC staff said that they will increase they school fees and flashcards will be given next term onwards.

worry_mum
is it ?? ohh .. maybe i shd change my appt to OCC instead then since no diff. I stay in j west
happy.gif

poohy, u also stay in J west? I stay near Jurong Pt. But I attending the BJG class at Pasir Ris cos of the strong recommendation of teacher April. She's really gd and very willing to share with what she knows. Also she's really concerned abt her students. In fact, she just called me to check abt my gal cos she's absent from class for 2 weeks. She even shared with me tips on building up her resistance level. I thot your bb is still very young?

giggler,

ya my boy is 5 mths old. I find that he enjoyed the singing session i have with him daily so i thought maybe its a good time that he will be able to enjoy the bjg class liao. Wat time slot of class is your bb attending ?

hey me too stay near jurong pt leh!

poohy, my gal is attending the 4pm time slot. So you'll be there at 2pm? Let us know how you find the class. I stay at Blk 686A, opp the construction site for the new cc. How abt u?

re: BJG trial class

i brought samuel to his first trial class at BJG today. It was really fun and he thoroughly enjoyed it .... keep laughing and smiling. and he can really concentrate on what the teacher is showing or saying. There are only 2 other babies there and both are already confident crawlers.. think they are much older than samuel. The teacher did give us tips on how to give our boy exercises which is really quite good
happy.gif
And I was so surprised that he managed to get the rite card when the teacher show him some cards to test/train his photographic memory. I mysef got problems with those cards. Think i will use this method to train his photographic memory at home...

but i wont be signing him up yet most likely cos i think most of the thing i can already do it at home... and after attending the trial class today i got a much better idea on most things liao. Now I am feeling so excited on starting him on more activities at home
happy.gif
I will prob sign him up when he is slightly older and a confident crawler for him to make some friends to improve his social skills ... and when BJG comes to the west. They told me they are planning to set up a similar branch in the west.... so i place my boy on their waiting list.

maybe i will bring him to other trial classes elsewhere to see what best complement what we already do at home...

poohy, you went to Pasir Ris branch? Heard that BJG is gg to have a branch at Bt Batok. It'll be alot nearer to us hor?

giggler,

ya ya ... by the time they set up one there, my boy is older and maybe i will consider sending him for classes there for a few term. for now, I feel i can teach him at home too... cos seems like the same thing we do at home.. but i got more inspiration out of that trial lesson.. to do more activities
happy.gif

Worry mum,
yah... mine is the sunday class. I heard Jocelyn will go over to PR branch on weekend?

How old is ur boy? Sorry i think u posted before but i coldnt rbr. U planning to continue?

Hong,
Mine is at OCC on Sat. Joycelyn will be at Pasir Ris on Sunday.

My boy is now 23 months old, and he will con't his 4th term.. cos we pay for buy 3 terms get 1 term free..

Oh really. i didnt know they have such offer but that mean u have to bond for 1 yr.

BTW, how is the runner class.. cos 1.5hr shld teach more... wat is the diff between the walker and runner class?

hong,
Yes, but average out the cost, we still benefitted from there..keke...Sorry, I was in the Walker class, no idea on the runner class.

Oh sorry... 23 months still in walker class..

Can u see any improvement in ur child? How u spot it?

hong,

Oh yes, personally I can see alots of improvement from him, he knows alots of things, also we got to do alots of homework. Had compared him with some of the same age kids, many parents told me that my son is better off.. than theirs.. My son can already recognize from All alphabets, and a for apple, b for ball, etc, then for numbers he can also do it for 1-20. He also learn lots of words in English and Chinese via the flashcards method.

So I think he really knows what is the words, and also the meaning.. Now the main part is he is a bit shy, he needs at least 20 mins to warm up, then he wanna speak.. and he dont like to speak to "stranger".

Worry_Mum, your son's result is really encouraging leh.

My mom accompanied to both BJG and GUG over the weekends. She feels that BJG is more suitable for Vane cos she's more attentive in the class. And the teacher is really good to make sure that everyone pay attention. Whereas at GUG, Vane tends to wander off and walk round the class. To my mom, she likes no interest in what's gg on in GUG class. Now I headache if I shd listen to my mom's observation and continue with BJG.

poohy, think the timing just right for you leh. Think your son will be more suitable for the class when they have it at CDAN. I'll keep you inform, ok?

wow..if is at CDAN also good for me leh...I stay just very nearby to it...U also right? more convenient to us... western part mummy..

Giggler, how u get all these info? Thanks for the compliment...think the GD/flashcards method really works on them...

giggler, worry_mum,

does BJG has any product we can get from them to help our baby practice photographic memory at home ?

worry_mum,

do u know what kind of material they have and how much it is ? If i din sign up for their class can i buy them ? If not ... maybe can get help from u mummies who are attending to buy for me hehee
happy.gif

Poohy, the list is not with me now, will post here tonight for you.

However, I got these as i posted to giggler not long ago:

a) 10pcs @ $28 (but hor, they put a remark there) - art cards to be purchased separately) leh...

b) DIY Ency cards (A4 pic & fact sheet) @ 10pcs @ $10 => only picture printed on A4 papers, then u got to do the cutting and pasting, etc.

But I have seen their works, think we can also search it if we want... then print..

worry_mum,

really thank you for your help!

I am actually more interested in material used for photographic memory... cos for encycopedic cards, I am going to make use of the picture dictionary from GD to either flash on the PC or print out on 11x11" cards.

poohy, you mean the right brain stimulation cards? They are selling at $20 for 4 cards (2 sets). Very ex leh. Where can we can the picture dictionary from GD? I thot of making ency cards myself too since I've the 11"x11" blank cards.

worry_mum, the teacher knows I stay at the west so let me know the gd news asap lah. But I haven put my name on the waiting list.
happy.gif
The branch will only be ready before Xmas that means got few more mths to go leh.

Worry Mum, Giggler,
I never now they selling the cards?
i am more interested in the ency card but sound like very very ex.
Do u know where we can get the pix?

Worry mum,
yah i dun think i have done enough homework with my daughter. I am not diligent enough. Look like i must put in more effort starting now.

Hong,

U can subscribe to Yahoo Groups under Glenn Doman, Shichida method, shichida method files, childbrain org, for all those printable flash cards topics...

Poohy
Do u mean ur Pic Dictionary is the CD for ency? how much is it? where u bought? and how many pics? Sorry for asking so much... cos sound interesting la...kekekee

giggler, worry_mum,

the picture dictionary is the 10 volume cd from IAHP. They are available locally from GDbaby at $79 a cd (10 cd total)... will get 10% discount if buy a few at a time... so it will be abt $700+ for the entire set. It consists of BITS picture/facts in 5 different languages.... total should have abt 1500 bits. Its actually cheaper to import from the usa... cos it cost $29.95 usd in the USA...
happy.gif

wah the stimulation cards are so exp! I am contemplating buying the tweedlewink right brain training kit instead... still considering cos its also very exp and only available in US.

Hi all,

Just curious to ask what does GUG stands for?

I will be sending my girl of coming 15 mths to the walker trial at BJG. I am kinda worry because she still can't walk. She only cruises around furnitures.

babycutie,
OIC, So will not be able to meet u... my boy class is at 11.30am. So I think yours is under other teacher, not teacher Joycelyn. However, do keep us posted on the trial class. Take care

Worry Mum,
The trial class was conducted by teacher Joycelyn. My girl was the only one crawling. The rest of the babies are walking already. And she crawl around actively. But during the flashcard she did sat and look at the card flashing. But when teacher Joycelyn ask her to choose the correct flashcard, she didn't want to. But I can see she is enjoying. I have signed her for next term starting October. Hopefully she can enjoy and progress from there.

hihi,
saw from the previous threads that some of the mothers here are making your own flashcards. The topic has since changed to talk about enrichment classes.
happy.gif

Anyway, can I check if anyone has the list that Karen sent out earlier, can send to me at [email protected] ? Thanks!!
I also want some advice from mothers who have made your own English flash cards, is there any non-toxic red broad markers that you can recommend? Found a few brands like pentel and others from Artfriend but they are all solvent based. Very bad for health. I am pregnant. A bit KS. Start reading in advance already. Hee!

Any of u interested to get blank flash cards? I m ordering fm a paper supplier. Interested pls pm me for the prices. I need to plc order tis Thu

Hi all mummies, I'd like to check what's your schedule to flash the cards to your kids? As I'm FTWM, I feel that I dun have much time to flash all types of cards to my gal. So I'd like to check what's your schedules in flashing the cards.

giggler,

me too FTWM. Hmm I flash the cards back to back (i know shd make it short and have 15 min interval) but bo bian cos lack of time... once in the morning when my boy finish his milk, and once in the evening, the moment i reach home. We had been doing this schedule since my boy turn 2.5 mths till now he is 6mths... hope i will be able to persevere on hehee...

i flash 6 english cards, 6 chinese cards, 6 dots cards plus 3 set of equations card. The language and dots cards are replaced with one every 2 days and the equations changes daily.

not exactly what glenn doman recommend, but that the best i can do liao... never tested my boy whether he knows or not .. just keep flashing.. my aim is more for brain stimulation... though if he know those things i flash would be a good by-product.

wat are u flashing now to your bb ? Me thinking of starting of BITS tomorrow when my boy turns 6mths... but i dun have much printed BITS, so thinking of flashing the GD picture dictionary and the tweedlewink dvds... only concern is his eyes... dun really feel comfortable of him seeing tv screen too long...

poohy, what equation card you have? I only managed to flash 5 eng and 5 dots cards to Vane. However, I've stopped for abt 2 mths liao cos either she sick or I sick.

Guess I got to reach home earlier if I want to flash cards to Vane. Cos most of the time I very tired once I reach home and dun feel like taking the cards out. Me lazy mummy lah.

I dun recommend bb to watch TV since so young leh. I only let my gal watch TV recently cos I afraid my mom cant handle.

giggler,

the equations are all made up by me... like last 2 weeks i taught samuel all the addition equations from 1-30... eg 2+10 = 12 ... then this week i am starting on all the subtraction from 1-30 dots.

what time do u normally reach home ? I placed Samuel with my mum in the day and when i come back and have my dinner at her place.. we normally reach home abt 8:30pm. I will immediately take the flashcards which i already prepared in the morning to flash liao.... takes less than 5 min... after that he can play other things hehee
happy.gif
must do it very fast else he will be cranky and wanna sleep liao.

agree.. flashing cards really take a lot of perserverance... especially the equations ... imagine each day gotta come up with 3 different one... so siong... gotta keep putting the dots card in and out and i like to keep them in order.

ya i also think watch tv so young not that good.. so i will limit it to real short session like less than 10 seconds per session. The GD picture dictionary can flash at quite a high speed.. so can flash one session in less than 10 seconds.
happy.gif

hi mummies:
can any of you tell me where i can buy the protective sheets for the cards? what are the sizes they come in?
i am looking for 24"x4" dimension.

thanks

Hi all, Can I find out if anyone is still engaged in this program for their child? I'm wanting to start but wonder where to get the 11 by 11 cards that we're supposed to use for the Maths program.

Hey Poohy,
Thanks for responding. I was wondering if there are any other retail stores that we can get them from. Did you laminate your cards as the book suggested?

furry,

i did not laminate my card. I am worried it will be too slippery and not reflective.

in any case, I bought the ready made ones from gdbaby... they din laminate too!
happy.gif
But mine is 2nd hand though... so its cheaper... the price quoted by gdbaby too exp.

I am not so sure abt retail store though...

Hi mummies,

just find this thread, interested, i just start to make math dot diy cards. my son is 14+ mth. so far he quite like watching in laptop..

Hi Mummies,
For starters, is it necssary to purchase the GD kits from GDbaby and attend their workshops to get going and flash the cards to the baby using the right methodology taught in the step-by-step workshop? or we can do it ourselves via reading the GD books and making our own DIY cards?

Pls advise.
Thanks!

anyone has samples to show? what size cards to buy? have to buy the thickest red marker is it? which to start first? words or colours?

Back