Glenn Doman Flash Card Users Corner

Hi sweetheart, I made 1 to 100 for the dot cards.

Hi karen, I got the same qns as Kelly leh. How much you spend on the laminator and pouch and where u got them from?

hi giggler

how long does it take u to do that? pardon me huh, so u actually bought the cards + red stickers and paste the stickers on the cards?
happy.gif

even for the number 100, hence 100 red stickers?
meaning u have to count the correct number for each card / number?

Hi sweetheart, I spent abt a week to finish the dot cards. I bot the red stickers from Popular and paste them one by one. Not difficult to calculate cos one pack is 100 pcs mah.

Hi Giggler,
Besides red stickers, are there any black ones ?
How much does a pack of 100 cost ?

wah, u girls very ON..

My passion for this die down liao.. i prepare the card and it was laying there to collect dust.. hahaha..

girls, i did a test on my girl on color. surprisely she can identify the correct one.
I tried two colors, repeat the color a few times then ask her which is XXX color and she can pick up the correct one...

I add 3 color and she managed to pick up the right one again. But bb have to be fully concentrated, able to sit upright, can grab object then u can test it.

give it a try OK... may be everyone can report whether ur bb managed to select the correct color u name.

hi ! serene,kelly,giggler,

sorry for the late reply coz was out of town for a week,just came back to office yesterday.

I bought the laminator brand Ibico (GBC) A4 size laminator at a shop call "Standard Stationery Shop" located at 2nd Floor of Funan Centre, cost me S$169.00 plus FOC 100pcs pouch during the promotion, and also bought 100pcs pouch get another 100pcs FREE at S$23.90.But now i think the promotion was ended.

By using the laminator,i only used the normal 80gsm paper to print out the pic or word and laminated it.If without the laminator i thinks we have to use a thicker papers to print such as 300-400gsm in order to flash.

The only problem is might used lots of ink cartridge to print...i bought the cartrisge through auction to save as much as i can.

Hi Kelly, there's all sorts of colours at Popular. It costs $1.60 per pack of 100 pcs.

Hi hong, your gal very smart hor? Can differentiate colours liao.

Hi melody, what's your gal's reaction when you show her the cards? My gal was very excited when I flash the dot cards to her the past few days.

Hi Karen, thanks for your reply. I think it'll be more economical if I get the laminator. Let me consider abt it.

hi,
I think 2 weeks back, laminators were on sale at Giant. They were going for 75 -85 dollars. I do not know what brand though. You may want to check it out.

But I do find it not very cost effective to use lamination though. Becos 300 to 400 gsm paper, cost around less than 5 cents per piece. What I do is I use 310 gsm paper, print using printer. Then i slot into clear plastic bag (A5) size which you can buy from plastic bag wholesaler. It only cost 6 dollars for 800 pieces. You can seal it using the plastic sealer if you want. It is more cost efficient. I have done almost 1K cards this way. It is may not be as professional as lamination. It serves its purpose and i still can reuse them for my second one next time.

Some other people have also used the self seal plastic pouches, which you can get from some stationary shops. Those go for around 4 to 8 dollars per 100 pieces. I think can get cheaper if go through wholesaler.

Hi moms,
Thanks for sharing your ideas on making the cards. They serve as a good reference for me to get down to doing the flash cards
happy.gif

I think getting the plastic bags/pouch are probably more cost efficient.

giggler,
all babies can do it. Just repeat a few times and u can see them "perform".

I tested on bbgal's daughter and she also pick the correct color. I shocked her mum! hahaha...

giggler,
good that ur gal is excited...cos arouse her interest n maintain tat...

my gal wan to snatch e cards from me leh
lame.gif

b4 this, ve been showing her picture card that i cut out fr mag,she can sit properly n sort of "enjoyed" leh..dunno y wanna snatch the word cards...

Hi Hong, is that true? Ok, I'll try on my gal and see how she performs.

Hi melody, my gal just sit and laugh out loud when I flash her the cards so it's really enjoyable doing it.

Hi sweetheart, there's different size and 19mm is recommended by the GD book. I got no lobang to get cards leh cos someone from this thread helped me to get the other time.

Hi Giggler,

Can I know how u do the red dot? Is it number 1 u will paste one dot and so on till number 100 = 100 red dot??

Hi coco, I got no time to do that yet. Actually, I don't have time to flash those cards to my gal every nite though it's recommended to do so. Sigh...

hi jul,

have been long time never login...just happened to see your message today.
i download the BOIs from the net http://www.palmchristy.net and also some from a China's website.
If you interested, i can email send some to you see what category you need...

Hi Karen,
I'm interested in the BOIs that you have downloaded. What are the categories that you have? I tried the hyperlink, but couldnt get into the website...

Will appreciate if you could email me some at [email protected]. tks.

Hi Karen, can I have the BITS too? BTW, are u a FTWM or SAHM? I'm a FTWM myself and I find it difficult to find time to do the program for my gal. Can you share the schedule with me how you do the program?

Hi Serene, you start flashing card to your boi? What's your schedule like? I find that I only can do one session every nite to my gal.

tks, Karen, I have received the files..

Me too, I'm wondering how to flash the cards three times a day... The most I can do is one session every morning before leaving for work. Only manage to flash one set of 5 cards every weekend...

I think the recommended method is more suitable for SAHM...
sad.gif

Hi sheryl, me got the same thinking too. I just do the best I can, tell myself that it'll be an achievement as long as I flash once per day.

hi Giggler,
Sorry for the late reply.I'm a FTWM you're right it was really tough for a FTWM to make the flash cards and run the programs.I takes 2-3 months to complete all the flash cards such as 600 word cards (300 chinese & 300 english),500 BOIs & Dots cards, and very costly for the ink cartridge..

My schedule is 1st section (morning),2nd section after back home & dinner around 8pm, 3rd section before he sleep at 10pm...sometime only manage to flash 2 section a day..Beside using flash cards,i also show him "your baby can read" VCD once a day (30mins),...and have no time to start GD pic dictionery at all (10 volumn)....

ya i just try my best..fully agreed that it was really tough for us !!

For those mummy who haven't start to make the flash cards herself,can consider buy the 2nd hand cards which i saw someone was selling at Yahoo Auction for S$450.00 for the completed sets (Dots,English & Chinese Cards) which i thinks can consider coz the new sets cost S$1k++ and save a lots of time.

Hi Karen, I only have time to do one session during weekdays. That is, around 9pm before she sleeps. How do u do the chinese cards? What's GD pic dictionary?

Karen
Is it a must for the words to be in red?
Could you send me the files?
My email add is [email protected]
Was wondering what font to use for the english cards. Can't seem to find any where the letter 'a' is simpler to write. Does it matter?

Giggler/Karen
I'm working PT also got trouble making the cards....
You're really motivated!

Hi Karen, do u mind sending me the Chinese words? I've made abt 200 Eng cards. What fonts did u use to print them out in A4 size?

Hi Girl, I used abt 2 mths to make both the word cards and dot cards. You can do it too!

Hi girl,
According to the book the words must big & use red marker to attract the young bb,when they grow bigger can use the black wordings, for more details the book "how to teach your baby to read" is a good book to start the GD program.

I'll send the files to you later..but if you print out all the words it'll be very costly for the ink cartridge,you can use the red marker to write instead of print it out.

Hi Karen,
You are very on!! Can still show your child 3 times a day even though you are working.... The best I can do is once in the morning, sometimes didnt even get to do that...
sad.gif

I managed to make 300 English cards and 100 dot cards within a month... including the laminating. I engaged my husband's help to do the laminating while I do up the cards. Like you, I printed out the cards...

Karen
Thanks for the excel files. Managed to print some out last wk.Printed black though cos only got laser printer, but looks striking enough and my girl seems quite attracted to the words.

Hi moon,
I tried to send to you but was failed..already send again pls check again whether you got it ! my child is now 10mos by today, actually he was not really interested on the VCD except for the song section "twinkle twinkle little star...", i'll try to show him again said when he turns 1 year old.

Hi Sheryl,
I just spend 30 second to flash to him & i thinks everyone can do it,but sometime also failed to do that..understand was really tough for a FTWM like all of us...
I spend abt 2-3 mos to finish all the cards (words,dot&BOIs) including the laminating..same like you hubby do the laminating and i do the cards.

Hi sweetheart,
You may want to try http://www.geniusexplorer.com i ever bought the 11" x 11" blank cards & protective sheet, i thinks the quality are goods but the price are higher than some suppliers.

Hi girl,
You care welcome, if you want you just buy the red marker pen to write the words...

Back