Glenn Doman Flash Card Users Corner

dear mummies, can share on how you organise and store the flashcards?

right now i leave my flashcards on one corner of the playmat after i've prepared them so that i can do a session with my girl anytime during the day. but she's creeping now and loves to go over to the flashcards and grab/chew/crumble them when they're on the playmat.. my hubby says to try to look for a wall organiser big enough for the flashcards but it seems rather impossible..

need to get some ideas from other mummies how you store the cards that are prepared daily.. also need to get ideas how to store the entire set and how you prepare/retire cards daily. for now i keep my set in a huge drawer but i'm throwing out the cupboard already so need to plan for storage space and ideas for the new furniture i'm going to buy.

dear Lynn,

Wow, you are so on, even think to buy the furniture for the cards. For me so far ok cos baby still young, only 4 mths. I will put the cards into 1 rectangle basket which he can use for 3 months. The rest will put in the wardrop.

Nevertheless, I guess you can put in the wardrope or your book shelve which he/she cant reach?

Currently how many cards you are showing and how big is your kid?

Hi Yin

Happy New Year!

Kindly send the word lists to me too at [email protected].
Thanks so much
happy.gif

Yokoh

hi Tulip, sorry for the late reply. I don't check forums often. But I login my blog www.*******************************.blogspot.com daily so you are welcome to drop by if you would like to discuss about GD methods etc.. :D

I found out that my older son could read soon after I started flashing homemade cards GD style by accident really. Shortly after we started flashing the cards to him, one day, he saw the word 'milk' and 'avocado' somewhere and read it out proudly. There were no pictures to suggest the words then, so I knew he could read those. Then I tested him by writing some words though I know we are recommended NOT to test. But hey, what is the damage! It boosted his confidence so much and our motivation too. Anyway, we stopped flashing cards to him soon after as I didn't see the need anymore once I realised he could read 800 words. He is 4 now and could read amazingly well. I am in the midst of uploading some videos onto my blog of him reading books meant for 4-8 yo and some for 6-12yo.

I started flashing cards to my younger boy recently. He is 26 mths old now and just after a few weeks of infrequent flashing (I didn't do it diligently in the beginning and took a 2 weeks break due to the holidays), he can read over 100 words too. He has also started reading some Eric Carle's books on his own.

I am sure you will see progress real soon!

hi, i'm interested to find out more too....can someone send me the list that everyone is asking about....thank you so much!

yippy i got it. Hey great to have u sharing. I am reading up more on phonics, hopefully i got enlightment and will summarise all i can. Give me some time. =)

Hi,

I have a set of original Glenn Domain English flash cards (including the book) to sell (bought at around $500, selling at $300). Anyone interested please PM me.

Thanks

Hi Yin,

Happy New Year!

Would love to receive the ENglish, Chinese and Math list too.

Email: [email protected]

Thank you so much.

Dear mummies,
Anyone looking at buying flashcards card material? Would like to share the cards since it seems so many.

thx.

Dear all mummies,

I am very new to the GD programme.... and would like to try on my 2 mth-old son. The kit is very expensive.....hence, I am thinking of DIY.

I noted that some mummies (e.g. DomesticGoddess) managed to achieve similar wonderful results through DIY methods.

Few questions I have:
1. Which GD book did you all read? "How to Multiply Your Baby's Intelligence" Or "How Smart Is Your Baby"?

2. Will the book guide you the step-by-step in doing the flash cards (e.g. the exact size of each card) I noted that different sizes are for different purposes (e.g. 6" x 22" - GD Reading size cards, e.t.c.). Are these sizes standard?

3. I noted some mummies intro the DIY brand... http://www.dajiadiy.com/data/2006/1224/article_66.html
Are these cards similar to the ones used in the GD method?

PS - Can I also have the English and Chinese word lists? Appreciate it very much.

hi all

wish you all have a very happy and prosperous 牛 year !

have sent the lists , pls check. Thks.

Eugenia

pls provide your email address to send over, and you don't accept PM.

yes, if you read 'How to multiply your baby's intelligence' or 如何教宝宝阅读 in Chinese, you will have the idea how to DIY and the sizes is just a guide, if you can follow is good.

the Dajiadiy brand flashcards are made based on GD mehtod, if you have no time to DIY, can consider too, they are similar to GD cards, and the prices are much cheaper compare to GD cards. especially the Mth dot cards, my experience is the cost to diy dots card is not cheap, the $ you spend can buy the cards already.

anyway.. if you have time to DIY , it's great too.

hi mummies..

Dajiadiy is frm Malaysia right..
so how to order from them?

thinking of getting the math dots kit.. anyone bot that before??

thanks~

Hi yin,

Just want to say thank u for sharing the lists. Sorry for late reply, as I forgot which thread this is on.

Hi,

I want to buy 12 blank cards 11' * 11' as some cards are missing in my GD Math kit. Pl. let me know if some one has extra blank cards to let go.

Thanks

Dear Yin,

Thanks for your advice. My email address: [email protected]

I have bot the Dajiadiy brand flashcards.... the lady told me to start the Maths 1st, followed by Chinese, lastly English. Does it matter the type of sequence to start?

Oh yes, one more question: Wanna check if it is alright if I miss 1 day not flashing to my baby? Sometimes, I may work late, baby maybe sleeping already when I return home.....

Hi all,
I am new here. I am thinking to flash the card to my child too. But how do you flash the card really fast? I find that i cant do it really fast lei.

any tips?

Hi Yin

Just Pm you as need to ask from you the word list on English & Chinese. If u have the Math list, can also send to me. Thanks.

hi zoom88

You're welcome!

Eugenia, Hossana, kuddles

have sent, pls check.

Greengrape, owl & hazel

pls provide your email address to send over, thanks.

Dear Yin,

My apologies. Do you think you can re-send the Chinese and English word list again? Strangely, I did not receive it.

Thanks.

Hi Yin,

Could you kindly share with me English n Chinese word list as I wish to DIY too? My email: [email protected]

Btw any advise on how to DIY Maths FC or would it be better that I just buy off the rack since your commented that the time/efforts/$$ may not worth the trouble?

Many Thanks!

I have a silly question here. For mummies who DIY their cards, how do you do it? Is it as simple as printing the words and the pictures in colour? If you DIY, where do you usually get the images for the words?
Thanks a lot!

Back