Glenn Doman Flash Card Users Corner

Dear Mummies

I would like some advise on starting my babies - 21mths & 3mths girls on GD flashcards. I went to GD baby for a preview on what the programme is about and it is really expensive...besides the flashcards, I was also recommended to buy Ben and Bella CDs, activity books and so forth.

Has anyone here bought the entire package from GD Baby? I would really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks a lot!

Faith, just to share my own experience here. I didn't buy any set or attend any workshops before I start GD with my kids. I just bought a GD book $20 from Kinokuniya and decided to do it myself. Everything was self-made and contrary to common belief that it will take a long time, all it took was a few minutes each night to write out 5 cards or a full hr one weekend to write several hundreds.

I started GD on my first born when he was about 15 months old and diligently flashed 3x daily for each set of 5 words. But I only did so for about 2 months and after that the frequency dropped as I got lazy. The results came really fast. My son showed that he could read soon after i started. So by about 17/18 mths, i stopped GD word flashing and just read more books with him together. By age 2, he could read about 800 words and could read fluently by 2.5. Now at age 4, he reads books meant for age 6-12.

i wrote about it quite a bit in my earlier posts in my blog www.*******************************.blogspot.com

So if you are keen to know more, you are welcome to check out my blog just drop me a line there if you like more details.

hi, I'm selling Maths Dots and flash card here

350g best A grade hard white card (the best know good quality white hard card). Save ur time doing urself.

hi, I'm selling Maths Dots and flash card here

350g best A grade hard white card (the best know good quality white hard card). Save ur time doing urself.

1860328.jpg

Hi Domestic Goddess

Thanks for sharing the information. Initially, i had wanted to do the cards myslef to save money. I am a FTWM running a business, it was quite difficult to spend time doing the cards. I have 2 small children - 3mths and 21mths....

After discussing with my husband, we bought the full set from GD baby and is glad tt we did so. They provide guidance and support which is very helpful in my case.

I am on Day 5 of the maths programme and started on the English set today....Wish me luck in imparting facts to my children.
happy.gif

Yin - Thanks for sending off the list to me. ..
happy.gif

hi domesticgoddess

Hw did ur son show tat he cld read? Ur son is really amazing! I understand we r not supposed 2 test the kid? I'm oso in2 the programme currently. Been 3 mths liao. So far hvnt seen any result yet. I'm still wondering if I will ever see the result on my ger.
biggrin.gif

Hi Mummies,

I'm buying $150 worth of blank flash cards from hiap moh and they will only deliver for free for purchases of $250 and above. Are there any mummies (in sengkang) who would like to combine orders with me? I need $100 more to reach the $250 to get free delivery. PM me if interested.

C1S Ivory (FBB) 25" x 37", 300gsm and cut to size:

6" x 22" - 600 sheets (GD Reading size cards)

11" x 14" - 400 sheets (GD Book cards)

11" x 11" - 600 sheets (GD Math and BOI cards)

5" x 17" - 1,000 sheets

Price at $51.36 (inclusive of GST 7%) per packet of 100 sheets of 25" x 37".

If you are interested in other sizes / weight, pls let me know your requirements and I'll check out their rates for you.

Thanks!

Hi mummies, I'm new with this method, and am really interested.
Few questions to ask:
Can i use d flash cards sold in bookstores, d ones with pictures n words or do i have to specifically use glen doman's kind??
For dot flash cards, they are just dots only rite?? How will it help babies since they are looking at dots only..
Can anyone whos has a sample of d flashcards pls send to me d English and Maths samples, so i can understand.. I'm hopelessly clueless, but wants to tey on my 3 month old.. Thanks..
My email: [email protected]

Hi,
I start the visual progam with my boy when he was 5 weeks old. Now coming 11 weeks, he shows signs of excitment by kicking when we show him the cards.

Can i also show my boy flash cards sold in bookstores? Will he get confused?

I am keen to buy (about 300 pcs) blank A4 flash cards with at least 300 gsm. My quantity is probably too small to go to the printer directly. Anyone putting any orders together to the printers as I would like to join. Tks.

doris

Hi Mummies,

Do any mummies know where to get blank flash card beside getting from hiap moh .

I want to get 6" X 22" and 11" X 11"

thanks..

Thanks Yin, got your mail.

Dear Yin,

You are really nice.

Dear mummies,

I tried to make the card myself for english card... oops.. is really painful, so tired and is not cheap too... So, I decided to buy it frm a supplier, DIY brand... http://www.dajiadiy.com/data/2006/1224/article_66.html
She is selling exactly the same price showing in the website. She will deliver to me @ MRT / LRT. Price, I feel is reasonable..... If you any of you interested, pls send email to me: [email protected]

I started the flash card since baby is 2months 2 weeks. Dont know what is the result yet but can see very obvious that baby like the cards very much. He shows very excited by kicking and big smile once shows him the maths, eng , chinese card.

Hope all enjoying the "game"

Not at all...

hi divachamp, miow

have sent.

Carolynn, you're right too, sometimes the cost we spent may not cheaper than what we buy, especially mth dot card..and haven't count the time we make cards..

Back