Gestational diabetes

Sherminlam

Hi any mummies failed the 2 hours Glucose test on week 24? My reading is 9.7 and my gynea ask me cut down the sugar but did not advise me much and I very confusing what foods I can eat or should avoid? Possible to share with me ?

Hi any mummies failed the 2 hours Glucose test on week 24? My reading is 9.7 and my gynea ask me cut down the sugar but did not advise me much and I very confusing what foods I can eat or should avoid? Possible to share with me ?
Hello! How are u now? I also failed my test

Hi dear!

I had DM even before my pregnancy so i was put on Metformin 500mg 2 times a day to control my diabetes. It was more of a glucose imbalance as per what my clinic Dr told me.

So during my pregnancy, my hba1c is 6.6mmol/L then at my 3rd trimester it was 5.3mmol/L. So my obstetrics feels that i control mu sugar well then I dont need any insulin

My diet is fresh hot soya milk with no sugar daily about 2-3 cups, more protein intake like egg whites, i enjoy eating yong tau foo alot. Rarely rice.. Also, enjoy tofu soups, grilled chicken wraps.. homemade barley with rock sugar once awhile too is good! And alot of water dear! ❤

I cant recall my actual diet but i did record it in my blog at my bio dear.. u may have a look!! All the best!! Take care!!

Back