Frequency of falling ill

How often does your preschool attending 3 year old (born in 2019) fall ill?

• Every 6 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every 12 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mumo2

Hi mummies.

I'm really at my wits end. My 3 year old falls ill almost every 3 to 4 weeks. The most recent episode is a 2nd attack of HFMD in a span of 6 months.

My first inclination is to blame the preschool, but when I speak to 2 fellow mums with kids around the same age, attending different preschools, I'm told their kids also fall ill with that kind of frequency. Other mum's with much older kids tell me that our son is falling ill too often and we should look into changing schools. Who to believe? Is it a pandemic effect? Is it the school?

Before we go to drastic measures and change our sons preschool, I'd really like to find out if falling sick every month is the normfor many kids Around the same age?

Some background, Our son started preschool last year in March at 20 months of age. Prior to that he has never fallen ill.

Fellow mum's please do share your experiences. I'm going crazy here taking so much leave from work.

Hi mummies.

I'm really at my wits end. My 3 year old falls ill almost every 3 to 4 weeks. The most recent episode is a 2nd attack of HFMD in a span of 6 months.

My first inclination is to blame the preschool, but when I speak to 2 fellow mums with kids around the same age, attending different preschools, I'm told their kids also fall ill with that kind of frequency. Other mum's with much older kids tell me that our son is falling ill too often and we should look into changing schools. Who to believe? Is it a pandemic effect? Is it the school?

Before we go to drastic measures and change our sons preschool, I'd really like to find out if falling sick every month is the normfor many kids Around the same age?

Some background, Our son started preschool last year in March at 20 months of age. Prior to that he has never fallen ill.

Fellow mum's please do share your experiences. I'm going crazy here taking so much leave from work.

Hi hi

I saw your post and thought of reaching out to you because I can fully empathise with you. My son used to fall sick as frequent as once every 3 to 4 weeks and it is really frustrating. There were months where he attends school for only a week out of the entire month as he fell sick that frequently and took a while to recover. Based on my personal experience, things changed after I switched school. I switched him to a school with fewer students and while he falls sick still, the frequency has dropped drastically. In fact, he fell sick once every 2 to 3 months. So I think you should consider changing your child's school.

Back