Fenugreek experience

I've been taking 3 caps 3x a day, so total 9 caps a day for nearly a week now. And zilch effect
sad.gif

I took Fenugreek from Nature's Farm. Didn't do anything for me. Trying Motherlove's Special Blend this time round. Hope it works

I just finished 1 Greenlife fenugreek capsule. Was on 3x3. One thing I noticed the flow is faster but the amount not really significant though I have once pump 70 and once 80 ml. Normal around 40 ml only. Wish I know I can take until 12 capsule a day.. Mite works wonder.. :p Actually according to my hb, fenugreek can cos constipation cos he's taking it since he small whenever he had diarrhoea lol..Cos my bottle of fenugreek just finished n havent bougt the new 1, now am on other supplemen called Galact. SIL gave it to me. Suppose to be taken with milk. Will keep inform the result. For SIL it took only 2 days to drip drip.. Hopefully me too

Hi Tan leng leng...
THanks so much... Have you ever used their product before ? I meant is it really work ? my concern is different brand mite have different potency like people said here between GNC and green life..
Anybody use iherb before ?

Ling ling (linx),
I used GNC's fenugreek when BFing #1,
currently BFing #3, no need fenugreek yet,
may need when he's demand increases.
happy.gif

There are mummies who told me Nature's Way Fenugreek works as well as GNC's,
cause it's are 610mg too...

HTHs.
happy.gif

Tan leng leng...
IS that so ?? MAybe I should try it oso. The last one I tried the green life 3 capsule 3 times a day, the flow is better but the amount not so so. Just now I read from you that I should've taken 2 capsule 6 times a day.. will try it again. Do u know Usually how long for the shipment from iherb to reach us here?

anyone noticed a change in bb poo poo after taking fenugreek ? my bb poo poo became more watery and greenish

Ling ling (linx),
ordering from iherb takes about 10 days to reach us,
I'm still waiting for an order I place last week,
online shopping a lot... hehe...
happy.gif

Catherine (dardar63),
might be due to more milk supply on BOTH breast,
(after you take fenugreek)
do you switch breast during a feed?
BB's poo may be greenish due to drinking more "foremilk",
do let BB "empty" one side before switching side.

For myself, I let BB feed fully on one side only,
switch side for next feed,
this way, BB can get to drink more hindmilk & put on more weight.
happy.gif

I read that we will have loose stools after taking fenugreek. Did anyone of you experience a lot more gas when you consume fenugreek. I took 2 pills after every meal for about 1 week and has cut down to 2 pills per day but I feel that my tummy a bit strange, not really bloated but I have a lot of gas to let out. Is it common? I stop taking the 2 pills today but still a lot of gas today.

hey i believe tummy bloated/ gassy is very common after delivery.. i also experience the same.
my jamu lady always help to push out the gas via massage and herbal wrap. i dont think it got anything to do with fenugreek.

i took GNC fenugreek after delivery and milk supply increased tremendously. however, my baby had serious gassiness problem and could be colic or due to fenugreek. colic went off after i switched to formula. not sure if fenugreek is the cause of colic for baby.

Hi i hv been taking green life fenugreek since my bb is abt a month, it dun increase alot but somehow maintain the ss, just enough...

but now my ss is decreasing, so i wana maintain, is it oki to increase intake?

to increase means pump/latch very frequently 2-3hrs. counting 2 hrs from begining latch/pump then latch/pump again...Taking fenugreek helps to increase ss faster. If you dun pump/latch frequently, fenugreek will not help u increase ss.
HTH, JMHO

Hi, mothers

My ss has dropped to 5ml to 20ml per session for both breasts for the past two weeks (after 3-4hrs for pumping). Sometimes, not a single drop after 30 mins pumping. My ger is already 10 months now. May I know if i take the fenugreek now, will it able to increase again cos I hope to give breastmilk till she is 1-yr old. Latching on is impossible as my ger is used to expressed breastmilk. Or is it an indication that I can no longer produce and have to stop.

Any advise??

Jassy, I read that fenugreek is more useful to kick start milk production during the first week when baby is born. but you can try taking now. no harm. if it;s GNC's Fenugreek, can start with 2 tab 3 times a day. if no side effects, can increase dosage to 3 tab 3 times a day. then, increase freq of pumping (try to do 2 hourly pump).

my milk supply dropped during the 3rd week since baby born cos of blocked ducts. so, i tried the above method and my milk supply slowly increased to meet my baby's demand. Cos now i wan to further increase my supply, so i've been taking this

http://www.motherlove.com/product_more_milk_special_caps.php

this really works wonders and i think it;s more potent than fenugreek itself.

Hi

I'm also trying to increase my milk supply for my 11-week old baby. I took fenugreek but didn't like the idea of myself smelling like maple syrup / curry.

Read that some mummies took malunggay capsules and their milk supply increased.

U interested to try the malunggay capsules from http://www.mumsfairy.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=31&productid=100?

They're offering "Buy 12 Get 2 Free" Promotion i.e. each bottle costs $18 (instead of UP: $21/bottle). Perhaps we can consolidate orders to enjoy this offer.

I'm keen to get 2 bottles for myself to try. U wanna try?

Posting this in a couple of threads cos I'm quite pleased with this recent find.

I found that fenugreek tabs and nursing teas helped increase my milk but are really quite expensive. Found a shop at North Bridge Rd (722 North Bridge Rd) which sells the herb in its natural state - first time I bought 50 grams for $2. Good for quite a few cups of tea. Owner (Encik Wahab HP97341700) is very helpful and will teach you how to brew the tea.

I just bought a second round from him today. He also recommended "black seed" to me, also to increase nursing amongst other benefits.

Hi, I have an unopened bottle of GNC fenugreek 100 capsules exp 11/2012 selling for $20 (retail price is $29.50). Pls pm me if interested.

Hi just to follow up on my 15 Dec post.

When I came back to work after 3 months ML, I was averaging about 100-150ml per 15 min pump. About 2 weeks ago, suddenly ss dropped to about 30-60ml for the same pumping time.

With some luck, lots of latching and LOTS of fenugreek & black seed tea, this week, I'm back to averaging about 110-130. This morning 200ml in a 15 min pump! Hurray! I feel like a prized freesian cow who's won a blue ribbon.
happy.gif

Hi Sunny

Do u take the fenugreek tabs n nursing tea together? Wats ur intake per day, how many capsules n how many cups of tea per day?

Tks

yup. I take fenugreek tabs and nursing tea together.

Tabs - if i'm having low output (due to time of month, stress etc) I take 2 after each meal (when I remember
happy.gif
~ about 6 tabs I guess ) I have a friend who took up to 16 tabs a day!
Some sites say that for the tabs to work as a galactagogue you can/should take until your pee smells like maple syrup (which may be a bit too extreme I think).

Nursing tea... how many cups...hmm... I dont brew fresh cups every time. e.g. I make a cup with a tea bag/the actual fenugreek+black seed herbs and then refill it a couple of times a day. Basically, instead of drinking plain water or any other liquid, I just drink/sip the tea throughout the day. So, assuming that I drink at least 7 cups of water a day, that would be 1 full strenght cup and 6 refills, something like that. When using the natural herbs, I throw away when I see that the fenugreek seed has expanded and softened.

Wow! Take both together! Then did u experience loose stools? U mean the fenugreek seeds can re-use a couple of times? Cos the nursing tea from Origins Jamu says tat those herbs can't be re-use, can only brew once.

No loose stools.
I drank & finished two packs of sacred tea during my confinement. I must say it works. But then the ratuio of the herbs mix to water is also very high so quite concentrated. & V expensive ! If u follow the instructions strictly, a pack will only last two weeks or so. v ex if u r thinking long term. The main ingredient seems to be fenugreek. Initially I TOT nursing teas all so ex cos the herbs so ex. I was shocked to find tt fenugreek herb was so cheap.

I treat the herbs like chinese tea in a pot. Just refill until no more taste. Works for me for 'maintenance' purposes. Of cos if I'm hving low ss, then I brew fresh cups more often.

Hi Leng Leng,
Thanks very much for your advice =)

Do you know if the capsules or the tea is more effective in increasing milk supply?

There are so many "sacred tea" in the market, any brand would u recommend?

Daisy (happy_daisy),
both works well,
if you don't mind the taste, you can try the tea,
some mummies don't like the taste, so take the capsules.
happy.gif

Click all you need into cart,
at check-out, Under "New Customers: If you have a Referral Email or Coupon Code, enter it here",
Use this Promo Code "NEV454" to get US$5 OFF your purchase,
and then click on 'Update'.

At "Shipping Calculator",
Zip code: = Singapore Postal Code,

For small orders, you can use "
International Airmail",
takes about 2-3 weeks to reach your home.
For large order, use "DHL - International".

Let me know if you need help with placing order.
happy.gif

I have 1 unopened GNC fenugreek bottle left (from USA - 200 capsules). I'm willing to let them go for S$35 per bottle. I took the pills myself and I stopped when my milk supply increased. Please contact me if interested. Email [email protected]. Thanks.

Personally, i feel that fenugreek does increase my milk supply. My bb is 4 months old and i'm able to pump 3 120ml milk per day in the office. Plus i let the bb latch on (helps to stimulate the supply) when i'm back home and for night feeds.

However, the con is, i'll have some chinese medical hall kind of odour when i perspire. The bb's urine might has this smell also
happy.gif

Mai I ask if we hv to continue eating fenugreek to maintain milk supply?

I stopped eating for 4 days because I realized it causes gas which may affect baby. My baby has been spitting up milk often after feed even though she has been burped.

There r 'milk-boosting' foods which may be suitable for u..mine is spinach soup n oats. Just need to try n monitor. Most importantly is to keep hydrated n latch/pump regularly as supply=demand for bf. :)

Back