Excellent confinement nanny recommendation

RaisinWeixin

Dear mummies-to-be,

If you r looking at this post, u're probably doing the right thing. Why would I said so?? Because I did not have a confinement nanny during my 1st birth and I suffered ALOT. U may not know what I mean. I tell u my reasons:
1) I have a super cranky baby. (Maybe I was new and didn't know what to do. But my baby do not cry. She literally scream. Basically I have to carry her for 4 months. Almost like 24hrs. I was a panda.
2) I asked my mil to help me, so she did cook for me. Only cook for me. And she asked me not to bother my hubby too much Bcox he need to focus on his work.
3) I do not know how to tell if the baby is hungry, too tired or ....etc..
4) I did not use pump, did not use "Yao lan" or formula milk
5) by end of the 1st month, I'm as good as dead.

I did not intend to have another baby until my hubby has an agreement with me.
Basically, your mood, your rest your intake of food affects your breastmilk. I guess I was too stress to maybe I had very limited supply.
Anyways, cut my story short. If you want to make your life easier, trust me on this, please hire a confinement nanny. Be it my recommendation or others. But again, I have to tell you. Im so happy that I've hired Meiling as my confinement nanny because...
1) she deals well with my old folks(especially my mum who is a little OCD),
2) she cooks well,
3) and she definitely took care of me. Her priority is to take care of u n the baby.
We often have small talks before we zzz ..well before baby zzz and those talks are very useful talks (at least to me)
4) btw, my older girl loves her cooking. Which makes me having to learn more dishes now.. :p

If you have any specific questions to u need to ask, please feel free to drop me a comment.
Otherwise, here's her contact:
Hp: +65 93577400
She is Malaysian. Usually she is quite busy, so book her early.

Btw, I spent $2800 for the confinement nanny, ~$340 for dry confinement ingredient and about $1500 for everyday food (28days and dinner include my family).

Dear mummies-to-be,

If you r looking at this post, u're probably doing the right thing. Why would I said so?? Because I did not have a confinement nanny during my 1st birth and I suffered ALOT. U may not know what I mean. I tell u my reasons:
1) I have a super cranky baby. (Maybe I was new and didn't know what to do. But my baby do not cry. She literally scream. Basically I have to carry her for 4 months. Almost like 24hrs. I was a panda.
2) I asked my mil to help me, so she did cook for me. Only cook for me. And she asked me not to bother my hubby too much Bcox he need to focus on his work.

Basically, your mood, your rest your intake of food affects your breastmilk. I guess I was too stress to maybe I had very limited supply.
Anyways, cut my story short. If you want to make your life easier, trust me on this, please hire a confinement nanny. Be it my recommendation or others. But again, I have to tell you. Im so happy that I've hired Meiling as my confinement nanny because...
2) she cooks well,
3) and she definitely took care of me. Her priority is to take care of u n the baby.
We often have small talks before we zzz ..well before baby zzz and those talks are very useful talks (at least to me)
4) btw, my older girl loves her cooking. Which makes me having to learn more dishes now.. :p

If you have any specific questions to u need to ask, please feel free to drop me a comment.

Btw, I spent $2800 for the confinement nanny, ~$340 for dry confinement ingredient and about $1500 for everyday food (28days and dinner include my family).

Hiring private CL need to apply some license or levy for them from MOM? What documents do I need to hire her?

Yes. But u only need to apply for her work levy when she arrives at your place. White card her passport is all u need. Just have to go to MOM website. The levy costed 22bucks.

Anyone know a good English speaking confinement nanny? My frd who is a Japanese is due in feb 17. Need to look for one as no one will help her out after delivery.

Anyone know a good English speaking confinement nanny? My frd who is a Japanese is due in feb 17. Need to look for one as no one will help her out after delivery.

Hi, I have a good and experience nanny to recommend. She is able to speak English, She has done confinement for families in US and Australia. She attended the confinement nanny training course in KKH just few months ago. You can contact Mary at 97788522. She is currently a live in nanny at my house but Im able to make work arrangement to work from home therefore I do not require her service by end of this month to save some cost too. Helping to promote her service

Hi, I have a good and experience nanny to recommend. She is able to speak English, She has done confinement for families in US and Australia. She attended the confinement nanny training course in KKH just few months ago. You can contact Mary at 97788522. She is currently a live in nanny at my house but Im able to make work arrangement to work from home therefore I do not require her service by end of this month to save some cost too. Helping to promote her service

Is she Aunty Mary Wong from Penang?

Hi all,
I would like to recommend my confinement lady Aunty Xin Lan who is from Malaysia. I'm very satisfied with her service as she has taken very good care of me and my baby.
Best points about her:
1) she can cook very well.
2) she has great experience taking care of babies; can see from the way she handles and manages the needs of my baby
3) she shows genuine care and love for my baby, very gentle and patient handling her.
4) she is very tidy, hygiene-conscious and ensures safety of baby at all time
5) she imparts her knowledge on taking care of baby and continues to give after care service.

Her phone number is +078615513(home), +0177852978(Malaysia hp),
+6583874398(Singapore hp),
+6583239514 (her daughter's hp)

All the best and hope u will consider her service

Hi all,
I would like to recommend my confinement lady Aunty Xin Lan who is from Malaysia. I'm very satisfied with her service as she has taken very good care of me and my baby.
Best points about her:
2) she has great experience taking care of babies; can see from the way she handles and manages the needs of my baby
3) she shows genuine care and love for my baby, very gentle and patient handling her.
5) she imparts her knowledge on taking care of baby and continues to give after care service.

Hazel u using aunt Xin Lan?

Yes. But u only need to apply for her work levy when she arrives at your place. White card her passport is all u need. Just have to go to MOM website. The levy costed 22bucks.
Hi, is there a need to apply for levy? My fren who jus had a CL did not apply for anything

Hi, is there a need to apply for levy? My fren who jus had a CL did not apply for anything
If I not wrong, levy is required if u engage a CL via agency. if freelance, normally no need levy...do correct me anyone if my understanding is wrong

If I not wrong, levy is required if u engage a CL via agency. if freelance, normally no need levy...do correct me anyone if my understanding is wrong
As Long as these freelance Malaysian / Indo CL are here to WORK .. , you must apply work permit and pay levy for them .
Good luck

Hi all,
Best points about her:

Hello! Mind to share her charges? Also is she those naggy and traditional type (cannot shower, cannot aircon and etc)

Thanks!

Hi!!
She is ok with both tradition and modern.. my cousin did the super tradition on her last confinement.. I did the modern one because Singapore is just way too hot!!

I think she is charging 2800 for 28days. Food and foreign worker levy is separate. ;)

I'm using Star confinement agency and is a peace of mind because you get free replacement if you don't like the nanny and for sure there is nanny for you. As my experience before this during dec 2016 my own nanny last min say cannot come......as a first time mum i very panic and worries for my up coming deliver at feb 2017. For now I'm doing my confinement and my nanny from Star confinement fong jie is very caring and willing to go extra mile to take care of my reflux baby, she is a very soft and gentle auntie.

Dear all, what factors do u look for when engaging a confinement nanny. currently cant decided whether to get a private one through forum recommendation or agency.

Dear all, what factors do u look for when engaging a confinement nanny. currently cant decided whether to get a private one through forum recommendation or agency.
You can try Star confinement.....I'm currently using this agent.....so far so good. I'm going to full month, they can follow our requirement the most important and got replacement too if you don't like the nanny.

Hi all,
I would like to recommend My CL - Kam Lan which from Malaysia too.
She very friendly & patient.
Taking very good care of me & my baby.
I recommended her to my fren, they all are happy. Need to book her early, she quite popular.
She very experienced on taking care baby & cooked very well. ( my family like her cooking alot!)
Best part is she very fast & hardworking , while taking care of us, she still manage to keep my house clean & neat. ( my previous aunty for my first born was calculative, didn't do any housework at all, understand that she not need to do cos not part of her duty, but still feel not so good like that)
Really appreciate to have confinement lady like her.

She charged $2700 for 28days.
Her number : +6012-7288628( hp)
Her daughter : +6592715065

Hope you all can engage her service.

Last edited:
I prefer a CL thru recommendations. For agency, based on luck! My fren get CL from agency, the aunt dun have much experience on taking care baby. She suffered a lot, crying together when the baby crying. Things become better after changing another CL.. but already after 2 weeks for her birth. If get a good CL, we can get enough rest thru confinement. You happy , your husband will be happy too.

I heard lots of bad reviews on both freelance and agency. I think I will still hire through an agency as they provide free replacement.

Hi all,
I would like to recommend My CL - Kam Lan which from Malaysia too.
She very friendly & patient.
Taking very good care of me & my baby.
I recommended her to my fren, they all are happy. Need to book her early, she quite popular.
She very experienced on taking care baby & cooked very well. ( my family like her cooking alot!)
Best part is she very fast & hardworking , while taking care of us, she still manage to keep my house clean & neat. ( my previous aunty for my first born was calculative, didn't do any housework at all, understand that she not need to do cos not part of her duty, but still feel not so good like that)
Really appreciate to have confinement lady like her.

She charged $2700 for 28days.
Her number : +6012-7288628( hp)
Her daughter : +6592715065

Hope you all can engage her service.

Hi Viva,

May i know how old for aunty Kam Lan and she is from which part of Malaysia?

Thank you.
CCL83

Hi all,
Best points about her:

Hi Hazel, wats her charges?

Hi,

My confinement lady has taken very good care of my bb and me.
She can cook vinegar pork trotter very well, brew nutritious herbs, chicken soup.....

My bb gains weight very fast.

She has been in this line for more than 20 years. Enabling me to have a good night rest, only getting up to pump milk.

She is already booked for June, July, see, Oct, Nov 2017

Some book her for 2 months to rest well or they have twin bb

Her number is
9 149 1959
+6013 935 9336

Last edited:
Hi mummies, I just done my confinement and do have a recommendation of my confinement lady to others mom-to-be out here. You don't have to worry about if you engaged her. She's from Malaysia with 2 years professional experienced from confinement center and 8 years experienced as a freelance CL. Some CL are relatively cheap but I go for quality rather than cost.
She takes good care of me, especially for my baby. She's very concerned, being patient to my daughter and really shows love. My daughter stays with her every night and she responsibility.
She make everything run smoothly during my confinement. As a new mom, I don't need to worried about and I can fully trust on her.
By the way, her cooking was pretty good.
I've learnt a lot from her of how to take care of a baby and of course of her professional, I did extended her for a month.
If any Mommy wants to get more information of my CL, here's her WhatsApp or call to +601136539563.

Dear mummies-to-be,

2) she cooks well,
4) btw, my older girl loves her cooking. Which makes me having to learn more dishes now..

Hi RaisinWeixin,

Is she pro in breast feeding?

Thanks.

Hi all,
Best points about her:

Hi Hazel, is she those dat are strictly on traditional confinement methods like cannot shower or etc? And also is she pro in breast feeding?

Thanks.

Hi all. I want to introduce CL. She is 58 years. She is from batam indonesian. Can speak mandarin and hokkian. Not a traditional style. Very clean. Not a calculative person, Usually she quoted $2300 .Call/ chat her whatsapp +6285264414668 aunty Gim Hua

Hi All, this is my very first forum post and am dedicating it to this forum because there seems to be no post on my CL. She was previously with agent then now most of her clients are recommended via verbal intro so i thought it's good to post one for her here

I like to recommend my confinement auntie from Malaysia. She's very good with taking care of babies, easy going and cooks some really good chinese dishes. Her fried kway tiao, fried rice, ee mien, sweet sour pork ribs, salty sweet chicken and "zhu jiao cu" are all very delicious! You can request for her to cook these for you :) She's very experienced (10 years), pro-breastfeeding, knows how to massage for engorged breasts and relatively young (50s) hence more energetic. She will provide advice to you but don't force it if you have your own thoughts - Example: my baby had jaundice and the level hovered around 12-13 for 2-3 weeks so every week i had to bring baby to hospital to monitor his jaundice level. Auntie recommended to bottle feed/formula so that jaundice level would drop quickly but i insisted on latching for the 1st month. She was still v supportive :) I know some CL who insists that you go for bottle feed...

As my mum comes over to my place everyday, she also cooks for her most of the times and it was very nice of her.

For mummies who intend to do full-time latching for first month, you can safely let her take care of your baby at night and she would bring baby over to you for latching when baby needs so that you can catch a good night rest :)

Her charge is $100/day so $2800 for 28 days. You can Whatsapp or Wechat Auntie Evon @ +60 163308664 (Malaysia) or 8435 9873 (Singapore). From what i know, she's packed till Oct 2017 so contact her if you're interested!

Last edited:
Hi,

My confinement lady has taken very good care of my bb and me.
She can cook vinegar pork trotter very well, brew nutritious herbs, chicken soup.....

My bb gains weight very fast.

She has been in this line for more than 20 years. Enabling me to have a good night rest, only getting up to pump milk.

She is already booked for June, July, see, Oct, Nov 2017

Some book her for 2 months to rest well or they have twin bb

Her number is
9 149 1959
+6013 935 9336

Hi Lovingsoup
How old is your confinement lady?
May I have her name pls.

Dear mummies-to-be,

I would like to recommend my confinement nanny Kui Jie to all of you. I had Kui Jie as my confinement nanny during the birth of my first born and I was so fortunate to be able to engage her services again when I had my second one!

I find Kui Jie to be a good-natured and motherly lady, which I feel is quite important because the family stays with the CL for a month, and so she must be someone who is easy to get along with. Even though this is my second one, because every little one is different, I feel that I still have much to glean from Kui Jie’s 10+ years of experience as a CL, for example, she has given me much advice and tips to deal with baby crankiness, burping and diaper rash.

Kui Jie is a really good cook and one of the things that made me look forward to my confinement this time is the many yummy and nutritious dishes she cooks! These range from black vinegar pig trotters, mee sua with rice wine, fish head papaya soup, pig stomach soup, danggui chicken/fish, chicken essence chicken/fish and fish head bee hoon. Knowing that mummies sometimes get sick of the traditional confinement foods, she has also come up with less traditional dishes to add more variety to the mummy’s diet. I love her black vinegar fried fish, salted egg yolk fried chicken and red beancurd marinated chicken wings. Kui Jie is very particular about the recuperation of the mothers, so she makes it a point to prepare two herbal soup/tonic for her clients every day, one for lunch/dinner and one just before bed. Knowing that I had sweaty palms, she also prepared ginger juice with DOM wine during my first confinement to improve my condition. This time round, because of my baby’s jaundice, I was unable to take in any alcohol, but she still prepared red peppercorns/ginger water (something we read could improve sweaty/cold palms) for me to soak my hands/feet every afternoon. For both my confinement, she has demonstrated the same initiative and work ethic.

Kui Jie usually takes care of the baby at night so that the mummy can sleep through the night. I choose to let my baby latch on for night feeds, but she is always helps me to burp/change diaper for the baby after every feed so that I can get maximum rest.

Kui Jie is still doing my confinement now, and she can be contacted by her Singapore mobile number: 9240 5765, otherwise, she can be contacted by her Malaysia mobile: + 60 14 3485 236. As a side-note, as a mummy who was blessed with the service of a CL for both her pregnancies, I would also like to say that it is important to manage your expectations and communicate them effectively to your CL. Sometimes, unhappiness arises because expectations are not reasonable/put forward clearly and respectfully in the first place. We have to bear in mind that CLs are humans too! They may not be correct all the time (hence, use your discernment even though they may be very experienced), they do make mistakes (like us), they do need a respectable place to sleep and rest; and they cannot be expected to work non-stop from morning to (laterally) the next morning (since they have to get up and take care of a baby while everyone is sleeping). In short, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

All the best, and jiayou to all the mummies!

I would like to recommend Auntie Susie for her confinement nanny service. She is experienced, responsible, hygienic, and caring nanny.
She cooks well and the food is really delicious. The vege that she cooks has nice green color and my confinement food has wide variety. She is responsible and will wake up to feed the baby. She works well with my family members too. My girl was having flu, she helped me to look after my girl and the baby. I was so fortunate to have her. She is highly recommended. You may contact me for more information or you can contact her at +6012 6489 568

I'm using Star confinement agency and is a peace of mind because you get free replacement if you don't like the nanny and for sure there is nanny for you. As my experience before this during dec 2016 my own nanny last min say cannot come......as a first time mum i very panic and worries for my up coming deliver at feb 2017. For now I'm doing my confinement and my nanny from Star confinement fong jie is very caring and willing to go extra mile to take care of my reflux baby, she is a very soft and gentle auntie.
hey may i ask where is fong jie from and may i get her number pls?

May I know what is the market rate for the Ang pow for confinement nanny? The opening and closing rate?

Dear mummies-to-be,

I would like to recommend my confinement nanny Kui Jie to all of you. I had Kui Jie as my confinement nanny during the birth of my first born and I was so fortunate to be able to engage her services again when I had my second one!

I find Kui Jie to be a good-natured and motherly lady, which I feel is quite important because the family stays with the CL for a month, and so she must be someone who is easy to get along with. Even though this is my second one, because every little one is different, I feel that I still have much to glean from Kui Jie’s 10+ years of experience as a CL, for example, she has given me much advice and tips to deal with baby crankiness, burping and diaper rash.

Kui Jie is a really good cook and one of the things that made me look forward to my confinement this time is the many yummy and nutritious dishes she cooks! These range from black vinegar pig trotters, mee sua with rice wine, fish head papaya soup, pig stomach soup, danggui chicken/fish, chicken essence chicken/fish and fish head bee hoon. Knowing that mummies sometimes get sick of the traditional confinement foods, she has also come up with less traditional dishes to add more variety to the mummy’s diet. I love her black vinegar fried fish, salted egg yolk fried chicken and red beancurd marinated chicken wings. Kui Jie is very particular about the recuperation of the mothers, so she makes it a point to prepare two herbal soup/tonic for her clients every day, one for lunch/dinner and one just before bed. Knowing that I had sweaty palms, she also prepared ginger juice with DOM wine during my first confinement to improve my condition. This time round, because of my baby’s jaundice, I was unable to take in any alcohol, but she still prepared red peppercorns/ginger water (something we read could improve sweaty/cold palms) for me to soak my hands/feet every afternoon. For both my confinement, she has demonstrated the same initiative and work ethic.

Kui Jie usually takes care of the baby at night so that the mummy can sleep through the night. I choose to let my baby latch on for night feeds, but she is always helps me to burp/change diaper for the baby after every feed so that I can get maximum rest.

Kui Jie is still doing my confinement now, and she can be contacted by her Singapore mobile number: 9240 5765, otherwise, she can be contacted by her Malaysia mobile: + 60 14 3485 236. As a side-note, as a mummy who was blessed with the service of a CL for both her pregnancies, I would also like to say that it is important to manage your expectations and communicate them effectively to your CL. Sometimes, unhappiness arises because expectations are not reasonable/put forward clearly and respectfully in the first place. We have to bear in mind that CLs are humans too! They may not be correct all the time (hence, use your discernment even though they may be very experienced), they do make mistakes (like us), they do need a respectable place to sleep and rest; and they cannot be expected to work non-stop from morning to (laterally) the next morning (since they have to get up and take care of a baby while everyone is sleeping). In short, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

All the best, and jiayou to all the mummies!
Hi, is she hygienic and help with light housework?

May I know what is the market rate for the Ang pow for confinement nanny? The opening and closing rate?

Depends on your comfort level
I gave hongbao as below
First day $50
Last day $268
She is good in taking care of my LO, good cooking as well, everyday diff dishes.
Will engage her if i have second child. Well, i need to settle my boi boi first now only 2+ mths...

Hi All, this is my very first forum post and am dedicating it to this forum because there seems to be no post on my CL. She was previously with agent then now most of her clients are recommended via verbal intro so i thought it's good to post one for her here

I like to recommend my confinement auntie from Malaysia. She's very good with taking care of babies, easy going and cooks some really good chinese dishes. Her fried kway tiao, fried rice, ee mien, sweet sour pork ribs, salty sweet chicken and "zhu jiao cu" are all very delicious! You can request for her to cook these for you :) She's very experienced (10 years), pro-breastfeeding, knows how to massage for engorged breasts and relatively young (50s) hence more energetic. She will provide advice to you but don't force it if you have your own thoughts - Example: my baby had jaundice and the level hovered around 12-13 for 2-3 weeks so every week i had to bring baby to hospital to monitor his jaundice level. Auntie recommended to bottle feed/formula so that jaundice level would drop quickly but i insisted on latching for the 1st month. She was still v supportive :) I know some CL who insists that you go for bottle feed...

As my mum comes over to my place everyday, she also cooks for her most of the times and it was very nice of her.

For mummies who intend to do full-time latching for first month, you can safely let her take care of your baby at night and she would bring baby over to you for latching when baby needs so that you can catch a good night rest :)

Her charge is $100/day so $2800 for 28 days. You can Whatsapp or Wechat Auntie Evon @ +60 163308664 (Malaysia) or 8435 9873 (Singapore). From what i know, she's packed till Oct 2017 so contact her if you're interested!

Hi Jenn83, did you have to apply for work permit and pay levy for Aunty evon ?

Hi all,
Best points about her:

Hi Hazel, is Aunty Xin Lan pro-breastfeeding and able to give tips and all on it?

Dear mummies-to-be,

2) she cooks well,

Hi RaisinWeixin, is Meiling calculative in terms of chores etc, and is she neat and hardworking, especially with night feeds and all?

Also, is she pro-breastfeeding and able to advise well in this area?

Feel free to PM me, I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

Back