Dr Tan Kai Lit (Thomson Medical) - reviews and recommendation

jazzgoh

Hi mommies-to-be, if ya looking for a gynae, I would highly recommend Dr Tan Kai Lit. I delivered all my 3 kids at Thomson Medical. Dr Paul Tseng delivered my first 2 in 2008 and 2011 while Dr Tan delivered my third in 2020.

Dr Tan is a meticulous and approachable doctor who is very dedicated to his work and always takes time to explain clearly when we have any queries. I had a pretty rough time for my third pregnancy as am nearly 40. Had warded for Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) - a pregnancy complication that is characterized by severe nausea, vomiting, weight loss, and possibly dehydration, food poisoning and enteritis. He was very quick to respond whenever we called him. That really calmed my nerves.

I remembered an episode when I was admitted to A&E due to severe vomiting and dehydration. Was almost hysterical and crying uncontrollably. Dr Tan quickly came over to the hospital and dealt with my condition promptly. We were so grateful though that was late at night.

In addition, I had a tough 27hours of labour at the delivery ward, he was supportive and came by to check on me regularly with various interventions as I had labour induction. Despite of the ordeal, I had normal vaginal delivery without any cuts or tears nor stitching needed! Dr Tan was also very thorough in removing my placenta and performing fundal massage (uterine massage) - a technique used to reduce bleeding and cramping of the uterus after childbirth. Thanks to Dr Tan and the care of nurses at Thomson medical, I recovered pretty well by the time I discharged from hospital with my bb.

Back