DR SF LOH OF KKH

hi everyone,

I am also seeing Dr Loh.
Anyone has his email address to share? I forgot to ask him when I saw him yesterday.

This morning I got slight spotting and am ordered bed rest for 1 week. I am currently 29.5 weeks pregnant and having low lying placenta.

Dr Loh even came down to check that I am ok or not despite today being Sunday.

I think he is a great Doctor. Nurses say he is a man of few words but the best around.

I just thought of asking for his email in case I need to get in touch with him next week when I am at home for bed rest. Can someone PM me his email address please?

Thanks!

Hi Betty

I'm also seeing Dr Loh.

I personally feel Dr Loh is a great doctor.Hubby and I are very comfortable with him. He always crack jokes with us.
But his waiting time is a killer though. Always have to wait at least 1hr 30 mins to 2hrs. But every time Dr Loh will apologise for the long wait.

I'm still TTC. I'm currently under the SO-IUI programme.

I've already PM you Dr Loh's email. Take care yah
happy.gif

Hi Lucky Clover,

thanks for Dr Loh's email.
He is fantastic and definitely very good with IVF.
Just remember to keep stress away during treatment and drink lots of water. Heard it helps with treatment.

Ya he will always crack jokes - I had my scans 3 times to confirm sex of baby and everytime confirmed its a girl - he say if wrong he help me leylong sell my baby girl's clothes !

Hahaha.... I feel the wait is worth it. Usually I will go for breakfast after registration to shorten the wait. Also a good time to catch up with hubby and chat while waiting so I guess its about making the best of our waiting time
happy.gif

Similar to happy74, i have tried all the "famous" gynaes and TCM. Did 2 laparoscopy and all sorts of tests but still no result. When I read this forum and gotten the positive feedback on Dr. SF Loh, i decided to give it a try. I just seen him last week and told him about my medical history. He advised me not to wait anymore and go directly for IUI or IVF.

As IVF need to Q for appointment, he suggest to fix a date first, go for IVF briefing and take the hormone prep-test. Tentatively the IVF is scheduled in Sep 09.

Heard from many bad experience on IVF, just to find out if it is true that the process is painful and stressful? I am having cold feet now. But Dr. Loh jokingly told me n my hb that i went for laparocopy so many times also like that, IVF will be nothing to me...hehe :p I know he's trying to comfort me but I hope to hear from real live experience who went through IVF before.

Hi,

I am scheduled for IVF and will be collecting my first set of injections this Thur which is day 21 for me.

Can share what is the pain like for injection of Lucrin and Puregon?

I had done 1 open surgery and 1 laposcropy in the past due to Fibroids...

Helo meoldy,

i just went thru IVF with dr loh and agree with him.....laparocopy is worse than that. hope you will see this msg.

Hello postpet2,
Lurin and puregon is not painful : )

Anyone who has Dr Loh's email? Can PM me cos i got something important to check with him.

He gave me some medicines for regulating my period and i think the instructions given by the Pharmacist wasn't clear. Just search the net and found more info and i realised i ate the wrong sequence of medicine, no wonder my period came twice within a month. So now need to email him to check with him how to eat the remaining medicines. Thanks.

can anyone advise me whether it's necessary to see two doctors at ivf in kkh? I was given two ppointments to see.. one sh loh and the other, a female doc... i am referred to the ivf centre coz of male infertility problem.. i'm now thinking of postponing my appointment coz i'm ot mentally prepared to go thru' ivf now..

Hi, I think the female dr whom u r talking abt should be dr hendricks (she's a very pretty, well-mannered and nice, helpful gynae). She works closely with dr Loh as a team as Dr Loh is very busy. He's very popular in KK IVF and some of us believe that he has the 'golden Hand'... I am one of the lucky ones who gave birth to my 2 handsome princes with 1 try each. If u r not prepared for the procedure, then u won't be able to do it too as u will have to go thru counselling before u r given the green light.
However, I would like to point out to u that age factor is very impt in this procedure...
Hope, the above helps...

Hi, does Dr SF Low deliver at other private hospital? i am considering doing IVF at KKH but delivering my baby (hopefully the IVF can be successful) in another hospital cos i heard of poor services provided by nurses at the labour room/ wards at KKH. Or is it possible to switch to another gynae after a successful IVF with Dr Low? Any advice from those who did IVF before?

Hi Bing, I did my IVF at KK with SF Loh last year, my baby boy borned and gynae is Dr Loh too at KK Hospital. The nurses there were very good at the delivery suite. There are 2 nurses with me all the time from I walked into the delivery suite till after delivery. The nurses taught me how to release my pain, how to breathe. They even chat and joke with me.

Even at my ward for the 2 nights stay, the nurses are all very good too!

I signed up the 1 bedded package with SF Loh delivery charges.

Hi Bing,
I dun think Dr Loh deliver in other hospital.
I used to be Dr Loh IVF patient, when my IVF succeed, I change Hospital as Dr Loh's waiting time is very long. We are allowed to change Dr and hospital cos we are the one paying $$
happy.gif

Have you done some checkup on you n hubby fertility problem, cos IVF is not the only option. U can do SO IUI, which is less stressful. IVF have a lot of injections, you have to be mentally prepared. You can visit the thread in Matters of the heart: IVF/ICSI Support group, you can get a lot of inform there.

Hi ladies

I am going to start my IVF program next month. Meanwhile I was thinking of visiting a TCM to tiao my body. Does anyone got any TCM to recommend? Does this give a higher chance of succeeding in the 1st attempt? Please advise.

Hi nini, my hubby and I tried TCM at Clementi 2 years ago, quite famous in the forum. But it will take longer times for TCM, whole process is about 6months to 1 year. So we half way the treatment we decided to go back to Dr Loh for IVF, my son is 5mths old now. The whole process for IVF is about 2 - 3 months.

Hi Nini,
I did not try TCM, went straight to IVF and succeeded during the 1st attempt, hope this can boost your confidence
happy.gif
Must think +ve and rest well after the embryos are placed in the womb.

Hi Li Mei

Thank for the encouragement. My husband and me are looking forward to the process and also keeping our fingers cross. Sincerely hoping having our first baby to come.

Wondering wat is the waiting list until now for KKHIVF under Dr. Loh.

Is it queue until March 2010 ??

HI- I just called KKH to make an apt. Was told by the nurse that if i wann to get the govt grant, i need to get a referal to KKHIVF to do IVF. If not, it will be pte rate. Can anyone pls advise me.

Hi all....

it's been a long time that I have not access in to this thread. I have been with Dr Loh for my 1st IVF in Year 2008 and my son was born in Year 2009, and now he is 13months. A very smart and playful boy.

Dr Loh is really a good doctor although he is a doctor with very very few words. But both myself and my hubby feel comfortable with him. He is straight forward, he dun like to turn here and there to tell you what to do or what cannot do.

During my pregnancy, he kept reminding me to apply stretch mark cream on my tummy to prevent those marks comes out. He also kept remindning me not to put on too much weight, must maintain. And must do a lot of light exercise like slow walking, yoga, swimming or window shopping.

I followed whatever Dr Loh reminded me and a lot of my friends said that I still look perfect although I'm pregnant.

And also with all his reminders, I had a very smooth delivery without using an pain killer. I just need 1 push and my boy is out to the world.

A really very big thank you to Dr Loh, otherwise I won't be able to have such a wonderful baby and a family.

i am also a success case under Dr Loh, delivered my gal last year after 3 tries of ivf. He is very straight forward, like what Janice mentioned. This is the kind of doctor that we need for ivf, if not alot of money will be spent unnecessarily.

But his queue and waiting time is too long so i switch to other doctors after conceive.

Ya Bouncy, his waiting time is super long esp on Sat. Usually I will arrive early to take my q number then go for breakfast before seeing him. But in the Private Suite is more comfortable then in at Clinic D.

Hi,

My child is also delivered by Dr Loh.

Have a question here. Would like to know for those mummies already delivered by Dr Loh, do you go to him for pap smear after 1 or 2 years of delivery?

Asking this question cos' he's so busy, pap smear is such a small thing, so thinking should I go back to him?

I have an appointment to do pap smear next year July. My boy is delivered in July 2009.

Hi ladies, been married for 4 yrs and has not got a baby yet.
I would like to see dr loh but i do not want to go thru IVF, do you know if dr sf loh will recommend other mtds to conceive???

I have made my first appt with Dr Loh next week at Clinic D for fertility check. Just wanna ask how much do I expect to pay as a first timer?

Appreciate if anyone can advise what are the tests/check I will be going thru or the things I need to prepare before visiting him?

Thanks a million!

Ladies,

I had my first appt with DR Loh on Wed and to my surprise, he is quite a chatty person, I always assume he is a man of few words, but he is quite humourous and answer majority of our questions when asked. Can tell that he would want to finish the session asap, but we insisted on sitting there longer so we ask more questions. Ha!

I had polycystic ovaries, he told me I can google to get more info, but do not be too persimistic about this condition as it is quite common.

He is being quite encouraging, tell us we are basically quite healthy couple and shouldnt have any problems.

So fingers crossed we can develope to the next stage year end, with the help of Dr Loh's prescribed medication. :)

I recently got pregnant and am seeing Dr Loh. He's quite a nice dr and always reminded me that my baby is precious and I shud avoid crowded places, dont go near smokers. My hb and me both felt that he loves his job alot, and simply loves delivering babies and bringing babies into this world. When I complain the medication he prescribed was too expensive..he reminded me the one inside is much more expensive.
He's quite humorous and maybe when he's very busy, his words became fewer. But job wise, he really is doing a good job, very confident and happy with what he's doing.

hi all
I have just seen Dr loh recently and he advised me to go for IVF since I am trying for 4 yrs without success. In my mind, I am quite scared for poking myself with needles everyday (which is what I heard).

Can someone in the forum share their IVF experience with me. Is injecting yourself simple and fast (eg: like mechanical pencil) or not fuss free?

Hi all. I am a new member in this forum.

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to do a TVS (trans vaiginal ultrasound) during menes?

Thanks

hi All,

my missus is starting the 1st consultation @ KKH. We have just finished all the tests, and we would actually prefer going to KK Private Suite for IVF.

1.) KKH's nurse told us that, during IVF process, it is same team at the backend that is choosing the tadpoles and the eggs. Is it true?

2.) Also if we like to go to Private Suite for IVF treatment, at what stage should we request?

3.) What is the price differences between KKH and Private Suite? Heard that Private Suite is much expensive compared to Thomson Medical and Mt Alvernia.

4.) We are looking to approach Dr Fong @ Private Suite.

Any comments would be appreciated.

I don't have an appointment to see Dr Loh ever since the last Appt at 20 weeks. Is that correct? I only have a 25 and 30 week scan at the FMC and there are no doctors or midwives there who can attend to my needs or answer my queries. Is this the usual practice of KKH?

I feel a bit disappointed that I can't call a doctor or nurse just like at private clinics. This means whenever I have questions I have to email him, or do my own research on the Internet. 

is this the common practice any of you experienced?

Hey nitro, kkh ivf is all at the same place, at the ivf centre. Everyone goes there whether subsidized, private or foreigners. After your ivf you can visit your gynae at The Private Suite for follow up sessions. But in my opinion there's no difference. Out of the 6 months I've been pregnant I've only managed to see Dr Loh at TPS twice! Hah! The other times I see him at Clinic D or I am monitored by the ADC which is their antenatal development centre which does scans.

So quite dumb that I am a private patient but don't really enjoy privileges like at private clinics. Maybe it's because it's a hospital. -.-

Hi ladies,

Now Dr Loh is on leave til 13 th feb. Meanwhile, who is covering him ? Yeah is there an emergency number that we can contact if we need to look for him urgently?

Hi. this is a message for Janice (bride_sep05)
I am 33 weeks pregnant with my second child. I had a caesar with my first due to minor complication. This time round I am keen to go for natural birth. I have only started to see Dr Loh when I was 25 weeks pregnant. We like his pragmatic approach.
Can you share with me if KKH is pro natural birth - meaning they allow you to stay upright/walk around during labor? or they are strict and insist on us lying in bed? Do they follow your birth plan? I dont know anyone who has given birth naturally at KKH with Dr SF Loh and would be very grateful to hear your experience.

If you prefer to email me privately it is [email protected]

I just saw Dr Loh today - first time visit. Tried IUI for 4x and failed so my friends recommended him for IVF. He recommended that we do one round of SO-IUI.

Anyone has any success stories re SO-IUI? Can't quite decide if we should go for it before IVF (planned for May) or just try naturally and then go straight for IVF.

Hi Leith,

I am going for IVF in May under Dr Loh, but now till then will still try naturally. In fact, i just seen him 1st time on 19 Feb 2011. Have you decided to for IVF?

Hi Leith,im seeing Dr loh too.i have been ttc for 3 years but no result.Dr loh suggested me to do SO IUI too.im also looking for anyone with their success story of SO IU.

Hi Agnes,you mean the next KK IVF queue is already in May?gosh...did you decide to go for it?or suggested by Dr Loh?

hi ladies,

can i know what are the basic tests you all done when seeing Dr loh for the first time?

are the consultation costs high?

Hi Agnes - Yes, same here. We're 'booked' for IVF in May because I told him that we want to try naturally first. However, hubs say to go for one round of SO-IUI first so we'd do that this month.

Hi Vivi - Yes, same here. Dr Loh showed me a pic of 4 kids conceived through SO-IUI but I know that IUI's chances is pretty low. I've already gone through 4x!

Hi minibunny - Consultation is about $90+ (can't remember exact figure). I did not have to do any tests because I've done it all at the private gynae. I know that before IUI/IVF, the couple needs to undergo blood test. This test will last for 6 months and this is a new ruling after the Thomson IVF mix-up saga. Basically, during my 1st consultation, I literally had a chat with Dr Loh on options, next steps, etc. I think he wanted to prescribe us with some supplements but as I told him that we are already taking it, he said that we should just 'continue taking the poison'. Hee. He's quite funny.

hihi

I'm starting my 2nd attempt of soiui today.. just went to collect the prescribtion this morning...

2nd attempt no need clomid le.. but they adjust the purgeon dosage frm 50 to 75iu

Hi Leith,

You did IUI or SO IUI 4 x?with Dr Loh?
I did 1x IUI at Gleneagles but failed
sad.gif

The whole period of ttc is very demoralising.envy those women who are able to conceive naturally and as planned.

i wished all of us who are ttcing Best of Luck
happy.gif

Hi Vivi - No, this is my first time (as per my post above). I was with a private gynae previously. I did IUIx3 and SO-IUIx1 with the other gynae but nothing came out of it.

Dr Loh shared that he wouldn't recommend IUI for "normal" couples unless there's a problem with the process, i.e. couple cannot have intercourse due to disability, etc. My previous gynae didn't say that! Yes, I share your feeling that it is disappointing, esp the 2week wait!

Hi minibunny - I think the tests will depend on what is your concern. If you're having probs conceiving after a year (or more), doc may ask you to do a tubes test, i.e. to check if tubes are clear. I've had all sorts of tests done - hormone levels, tubes, blood test, etc etc. All's fine and dandy. Just that we're not preg!

Back