Dr Goh Shen Li Mt Alvernia

Amy Jeane

Hi,

Dr Goh Shen Li was previously from KKH. Now she is practicing at Mt Alvernia.

Aanyone seeing her at Mt Alvernia? Can share your experience as I can't find much information on her.

Thanks.

There are some reviews and generally positive. Heard she was very popular when she was with kkh. And recently only started her own practice. I'm also with her. Switched from Sgh to see her. So far consulted her twice. Found her to be very assuring n information. She is very very pretty n pleasant. I feel comfortable.

Thanks Kitty,
I will be seeing her next Monday. I saw her photos, very young and pretty.
One of my colleague saw her previously at KKH as well. She said not bad. But went into private practice a year or so back.
Just odd that there isn't much review on her.
How many months are you now?

Hi there, I was with a different gynae (Kang Wee) before switching to Dr Goh during week 20. Dr Kang delivered my no. 1 but she's not doing delivery anymore. So far I have only done one consultation with Dr Goh. I was surprised to see how young and pretty she is. Very pleasant and soft spoken, she took time to find out about my first delivery and all other matters. I also liked the fact that she does not rush through the ultrasound scanning and Will explain the images to you. Hope to hear more good feedback about her. Anybody else can comment on her delivery and stitching skills?

She delivered my #1 at KKH. I'm seeing her again for this pregnancy.
Delivery wise, she's really gentle and she did try her best to wait for me to push baby out and only suggested doing suction when she see that I already got no more strength less. My husband said her stitching is very fast. Not painful, I recovered fully 2 or 3 days later.
As for during consultation, I find her very reassuring and kind. She broke news over my missed miscarriage the other time and she was very compassionate to me during that time. That's why I'm comfortable to go to her again after with my follow up pregnancy.

I am currently week 7. I keep worrying this and that. Sigh.
Can't wait to see the gynae this coming monday.
Should be 8 weeks by then, can hear heartbeat. hehe

If anyone is interested to know her package, here goes.

Package starts at week 14 for $1100.
It includes 10 sessions of consultation, ultrasound and urine test.

Cheers

If anyone is interested to know her package, here goes.

Package starts at week 14 for $1100.
It includes 10 sessions of consultation, ultrasound and urine test.

Cheers

any detailed breakdown of the package? and any idea roughly how much for the different type of the delivery by Dr Goh ?

any detailed breakdown of the package? and any idea roughly how much for the different type of the delivery by Dr Goh ?

What amy jeane mentioned is the breakdown of the package already.. price excludes supplements and other test like oscar test and 20 weeks detailed scan..

Delivery fee

Normal delivery: $2500 onwards
Assisted delivery (Vacuum/Forceps): $3000 onwards
C-sec: $3500 onwards

What amy jeane mentioned is the breakdown of the package already.. price excludes supplements and other test like oscar test and 20 weeks detailed scan..

Delivery fee

Hihi!

Yep...$1100 is the package price, which only includes ultrasound, consultation and urine test.
Supplements or other medications are not included. Blood test or DS test are also not included.
I paid $1412.40 for the Antenatal Profile blood test ($70 w/o GST) and panorama test ($1250 w/o GST) last wednesday.

Thanks for the info on delivery fee. :)

Delivery fee

seems Dr Goh's delivery fees for normal / assisted delivery is on high side...

saw the below post in another forum topic..

Hi,

My gynae is Dr Ho Hon Kwok from Mount A and his current charges are:

His delivery fees are:

Normal: $1900-$2500 ($600 claimable by medisave)
Assisted:$2300-$2900 ($850 claimable by medisave)
Caesarean: $3900-$4900 ($1450 claimable by medisave)

My new born was delivered by Goh Shen Li... She made my entire pregnancy journey a great wan.. She is always patient to answer all kind of enquiries... She will also explain things in detail...

If I have a second kid I will definately go back to her...

My new born was delivered by Goh Shen Li... She made my entire pregnancy journey a great wan.. She is always patient to answer all kind of enquiries... She will also explain things in detail...

If I have a second kid I will definately go back to her...

Hi, dun mind to share the total bill with hospital charges?

i delivered on 2 march at Mt A. throughout my preg and delivery Dr Goh was amazing. we were very very glad she was there to deliver our child. we had an easy delivery but it was our first time so very reassured when we saw her enter the ward. highly recommend dr goh for her patience and gentle approach especially for first time parents.

we went for natural with epidural. bill is standard (maternity package + delivery w epidural + doctor fees + doctor appearance fees) IF your child doesnt need extra medical attention.

we took a single bed package and the total bill came to about 8000 before medisave etc.

Anyone take the growth scan? Dr Goh is also our gynae. We have an appointment for growth scan...just wonder if it is any concern of it...

Anyone take the growth scan? Dr Goh is also our gynae. We have an appointment for growth scan...just wonder if it is any concern of it...

I'm with dr Goh but so far she didn't mention anything About growth scan. Currently week 21. Have you done your fts or detailed scan?

I'm with dr Goh but so far she didn't mention anything About growth scan. Currently week 21. Have you done your fts or detailed scan?

Yes. We just did a detailed scan. Everything is fine except placenta is a bit low but still within normal range.

Hello, does Dr Goh only deliver at Mt A? I'm wanna change gynae but Dr Goh is not available until two weeks later for an appointment :(

Hi I have been with Dr Goh for 3 visits so far (week 13 now) and I find that she is very nice. I really like her and would like to follow her all the way. Unfortunately she wont be ard during my EDD (early Dec) so I am thinking of changing gynae to Dr Choo Wan Ling whom ive been with for a few years before pregnancy.
For those who are considering her, good choice!

Does dr GOH give HL? Currently week 34 almost 35, and the lower tummy pain n discomfort is getting more unbearable. But still going to office every day. Wondering if I should ask her for HL maybe from week 36-37 onwards. Some doctors give n some don't.

Does dr GOH give HL? Currently week 34 almost 35, and the lower tummy pain n discomfort is getting more unbearable. But still going to office every day. Wondering if I should ask her for HL maybe from week 36-37 onwards. Some doctors give n some don't.
going to see doc Goh on coming Friday. And wish to try ask for HL too. :)

Hi all MTBs,

Just called Dr Goh Shen Li's clinic. She delivers only at Mount Alvernia and apparently her delivery fees has increased for my EDD in end December 2016.

$1100 before GST package for 10 visits remains the same, includes consultations, ultrasound scan and urine test.
Delivery Fees: $2800 onwards (Normal Delivery)
$4000 onwards (C-Section)
After the package is maxed out, subsequent consultations will be ala-carte.
Consultation: $90
Ultrasound Scan: $60
Urine Test: $5

Hope the above helps.

Hi, anyone know if Dr Goh is good at C-section?
did mine with dr c in July. First time so I can't compare. But overall is smooth and she is very assuring. I delivered at mount A, the experience is good. No pain at all during the c-sec but after that of cos for a few days. Took painkillers

I just delivered under Dr Goh earlier in April. My water bag broke at 35 weeks so it was quite unexpected and scary . But Dr Goh was very reassuring throughout as we tried to delay my birth for a couple of days so that I get my steroid Jabs for my baby's lungs to mature. My baby was naturally born healthy just a few days shy of 36 weeks without having to stay at NICU. One thing to add about my delivery process was that she did not perform episiotomy because my baby came out after just one push and she's not a big baby either (2.3 kg). As such I only had a small tear which she stitched up and my recovery was so much faster and better than my first birth 2 years ago under a different gynae who did episiotomy on me. Overall a great experience with Dr goh. I did hear that now she only does delivery with Mt Alvernia.

Hi mummies! Anyone have detailed breakdown of Dr Goh Shen Li charges?

My wife just delivered last week naturally without epidural. Total charges is around $6600 before medisave deduction for 2 day stay, so cash payable is around 3300. This is inclusive of the pd fees for baby.

Mount alvernia will require a deposit of $2100 upon admission and thereafter $1200 upon discharge. So total is 3300 but this is an estimate as they will post the final bill to you. I've checked with the staff and they say the difference is minimal.

Hope this helps.

Hi all,

If you are looking for a female gynae, I would, without a doubt, recommend Dr S L Goh. Both my daughters (2013, 2015) were delivered by Dr Goh in KKH and Mt Alvernia respectively. I must say that she is one of the most assuring and gentle (but competent) gynae I've seen so far. In my course of consulting her on natural birth (without epidural), she did not discourage me like the other gynaes did. But rather, she supported my decision all the way. During the birthing process, she was very encouraging, calming me down when I was having difficulty pushing my firstborn (3.44kg) without epi. By God's grace and with Dr Goh's help, both girls were delivered healthily without complications. As for the episiotomy, she was swift to finish it without much pain. For my second pregnancy, just 1 hour after being wheeled back to the ward from the labour room, I was able to walk to the toilet my own. And in less than 20 hours, I was discharged from the hospital. The recovery was really quick!

I'm now expecting my third (5 weeks of gestation) and will definitely be going back to Dr Goh!

Cheers,
Vivien

Thanks Kitty,
I will be seeing her next Monday. I saw her photos, very young and pretty.
One of my colleague saw her previously at KKH as well. She said not bad. But went into private practice a year or so back.
Just odd that there isn't much review on her.
How many months are you now?

Back