December 2017 mummies

Yeah me! I start to have softer stools now I'm at 13 weeks plus and every day pooping. Before dis was constipated only every few days will poop.

Thanks tingluvsbutt! Sigh. Everything makes me a bit paranoid nowadays. Same with you, I used to be constipated for few days previously!

Thanks tingluvsbutt! Sigh. Everything makes me a bit paranoid nowadays. Same with you, I used to be constipated for few days previously!
Dun worry. I guess our baby is growing and currently press on our intestines which make our pooping more frequent.

Not exactly softer but maybe easier to come out? I find that squatting helps with my bowel movement tremendously.

On a side note, anybody feel pain in the lower abdomen? I feel some pain, sometimes like it's stretching, sometimes cramp kinda pain and sometimes sharp pain. Each time i have to rest for a period of time before the pain lessens.. it doesn't fully go away either :/
When is your next checkup with the gynae? If u didn't experience any spotting, it should be still fine.. Cos some cramp is due to the stretching of the womb..

The sharp pain could be round ligament pain, you can Google and see if it's the same symptoms you're experiencing. Take care!

Hello! Was tested positive last 2 weeks and tot my dd is in Jan. Went first checkup with gynae today and tested that I'm abt 10weeks with EDD at end Dec. Hehe.

When is your next checkup with the gynae? If u didn't experience any spotting, it should be still fine.. Cos some cramp is due to the stretching of the womb..
No spotting, that's 1 reason why I didn't rush to my gynae to check.. tomorrow's my appt so I'm gonna ask him then.. I'm also guessing it's stretching of the womb but sometimes it lasts awhile, making it very difficult for me to move about..

The sharp pain could be round ligament pain, you can Google and see if it's the same symptoms you're experiencing. Take care!
I read about it too.. but doesn't feel like it sometimes.. I'll just ask my gynae tmr.. thanks! You take care too! Now everything gotta be extra careful..

Congrats! :)

I paid $1600 for the Harmony Test. I think the cheapest I've heard of is $1300.

Wow, that's almost double of what I've paid for our harmony test at $900. Just curious, does it include all the other additional test options? I only knew ours confirm test for trisomy 21, 18 and 13, and also for the fetal sex. Not sure if it includes the additional monosomy X and sex chromosome aneuploidies which I forgot to ask.

Hi mommies, I like to recommend my confinement lady, aunty ah nee to others mom / mom-to-be if you are looking for a CL. She's from Malaysia and have about 10 years experience as a CL ( if im not mistaken ). But anyway, she is good, experience and truly love and patient with baby. Want more detail can whatsapp aunty nee, +601136539563.

That's very long to go. Haha. I was thinking to go for some foot massage. And back massage.
Foot massage is a no no! Cos there are many points on our feet dat connect to our womb. So do not go for any foot massage. For pregnant ladies we can only go for body massage dat is prenatal certified as there are many points on our body dat cannot be anyhow press or massage.

Last edited:
That's very long to go. Haha. I was thinking to go for some foot massage. And back massage.
Wait a little while more before going for some prenatal massage. The hubs and I are planning to take a short trip out once I pass my 20th week. You may consider doing that too! Heard some resorts offer prenatal spa holidays (babymoon~~) so you and your hubby can enjoy them together, before the baby pops!

Wait a little while more before going for some prenatal massage. The hubs and I are planning to take a short trip out once I pass my 20th week. You may consider doing that too! Heard some resorts offer prenatal spa holidays (babymoon~~) so you and your hubby can enjoy them together, before the baby pops!
That's sounds great!
Did any mommies had facial too? Normally they will massage your head and shoulders, is that ok?

That's sounds great!
Did any mommies had facial too? Normally they will massage your head and shoulders, is that ok?
Ya me have facial, head and shoulders are fine. My beauty therapist who do facial for me are certified for prenatal massage too but she don't do it anymore now as she focus on facial, beauty and body massage only. She shared with me alot about the dos and donts of types of massages for pregnancy.

Ya me have facial, head and shoulders are fine. My beauty therapist who do facial for me are certified for prenatal massage too but she don't do it anymore now as she focus on facial, beauty and body massage only. She shared with me alot about the dos and donts of types of massages for pregnancy.
Cool! I can go facial without having any worries! Thanks so much.

Anyone can share the myths and pantang of do's and don't's?

Before letting my parents know, they did paint my house (but I wasn't around in the house when they are painting)
Is that ok? Heard of birth marks if you do painting in your house. :(

And if we use scissors during work is that ok?

I am going to iGene test tomorrow to do the blood test, I start to wonder if we can deduct any physical or facial defects?

So worried. :confused::confused:

Wow, that's almost double of what I've paid for our harmony test at $900. Just curious, does it include all the other additional test options? I only knew ours confirm test for trisomy 21, 18 and 13, and also for the fetal sex. Not sure if it includes the additional monosomy X and sex chromosome aneuploidies which I forgot to ask.

Where did you get your Harmony test done? Which hospital was it at?

I'm not sure as I'm still waiting for the results. My gynae only told me that they will "test for everything". Besides testing for the 3 major birth abnormality and gender, there's also HIV and any other genetic/blood outliers.

I'm not sure as I'm still waiting for the results. My gynae only told me that they will "test for everything". Besides testing for the 3 major birth abnormality and gender, there's also HIV and any other genetic/blood outliers.

i did at SGH just for the harmony itself is $618 + GST (i have a fixed gynae so not subsidised patient). For HIV and other genetic think the hospitals can test locally themselves but maybe that is included in your price and maybe also including consultation so that is why the price is higher?

i did at SGH just for the harmony itself is $618 + GST (i have a fixed gynae so not subsidised patient). For HIV and other genetic think the hospitals can test locally themselves but maybe that is included in your price and maybe also including consultation so that is why the price is higher?

Wow, that's so much price difference. But what to do right? I don't mind paying $2000 even, as long as the results come back saying that my baby is healthy. Some money are meant to be spent. Hahaha.

I'm not sure if doing Harmony at different hospitals make a difference to the price, besides opting in or out of all the extra things (meaning things other than the 3 major birth abnormalities and gender) that they can test for. I did mine at Mount Elizabeth. A friend who did hers at Mount Alvernia paid $1200 or $1300, I can't remember. Or whether is it the gynae we went to marked up the price to include his own consultation for it pre/post test.

Either way... I just hope for good results and healthy babies for all! :)

I have mine done at Mt Alvernia, but the $900 is purely for harmony test. As far as I know, the full complete test (including all options) only test for anormaly of the 3 chromosome and the sex chromosome. So if you've said HIV, then the amount you pay includes other test outside of the harmony test.

You've gotten your results yet? The results came back pretty fast though. Although they told us it's about 10 working days (i.e. 2 weeks), it we got a call just a little over a week with for the results. Indeed, worthwhile for peace of mind and a bonus for being able to know the gender so early. :)

Hello ladies,
I am new in this thread and currently wk10. This is my no.2 baby and EDD is on 1Jan2018 but will probably pop in Dec17.

For those MTBs who opt for panorama, When did u all took the blood tests ?

I have mine done at Mt Alvernia, but the $900 is purely for harmony test. As far as I know, the full complete test (including all options) only test for anormaly of the 3 chromosome and the sex chromosome. So if you've said HIV, then the amount you pay includes other test outside of the harmony test.

You've gotten your results yet? The results came back pretty fast though. Although they told us it's about 10 working days (i.e. 2 weeks), it we got a call just a little over a week with for the results. Indeed, worthwhile for peace of mind and a bonus for being able to know the gender so early. :)

Ah... that means my gynae wants them to test for other stuff too, hence the extra cost. Because they said it includes HIV and other genetic outliers like genetic pre-propositions to other medical conditions. So strange...

My results are not out yet. Should be within this week. :)

Ah... that means my gynae wants them to test for other stuff too, hence the extra cost. Because they said it includes HIV and other genetic outliers like genetic pre-propositions to other medical conditions. So strange...

My results are not out yet. Should be within this week. :)

I see. All the best for your test!
I guess each clinic breaks down the billing different. What I've heard from them is test like HIV is mandatory. Anyway, we did all the tests during our 1st appointment at 10 wks and is still waiting for our next appointment at 15 wks, which felt so long away. Guess by then we'll know what exactly was tested. :)

Just back from iGene test. Baby is currently 12 weeks.
The test is not as painful as I thought!:p
The Gynae took 4 tubes of blood.
Gotta wait for the results in 10 days time!

Anyone still on Duphaston and needs them? I have leftover and dont mind passing them to you. Collection to be at Punggol/Along NE lines after work hours. Other locations to be discussed at my convenience. First come first serve, please PM me. thanks!

Got my results today! My gynae said good news, all looks good and he will take through them in detail during my next visit. And it's a boy! I actually thought it would be a girl this time. Guess I was wrong! :)
Congrats! We have boys! I also initially tot mine is girl! Haha!

Hi, couldn't find a Jan 2018 so I joined this thread instead.
This will be my 3rd baby, due 1 Jan 2018.

Tested positive twice at home and just saw the gynae today.

Congrats to all mummies here!

Hoping for a girl this time round. Have 1 girl and 1 boy and seriously think I don't need WW3 in the house!
Doing my Harmony test end June. 1k! My most expensive pregnancy test ever!

Just saying hi,

1. My wife is Vietnamese and her EDD is 19 Dec 17. She is anxious (as she has few miscarriages before) and basically has been confining herself to our room for the last couple of months...

2. I am leaning towards Mt A for deliver and am currently opening our options to find a female gynae. Please pm me if you have info to share.

3. Any Vietnamese ladies here delivering this year? Please pm me if you would like to get in touch with my wife to chat. (Cam on).

Thanks very much
:) Lorenz.

Back