December 2017 mummies

Any mummies experience discharge? Is that normal?
I'm actually having some mild yellow discharge now causing me to itch too. Just went to see my gynae ytd and he gave me a prpbiotics feminine wash and cream to apply. And also he take some of my discharge and send for testing.

I'm actually having some mild yellow discharge now causing me to itch too. Just went to see my gynae ytd and he gave me a prpbiotics feminine wash and cream to apply. And also he take some of my discharge and send for testing.
Still need to take sample and send for testing? :eek:

Have any 2nd time mummies here tried confinement food catering? I'm thinking of engaging confinement meal catering because I don't really need a confinement lady. My mom will be helping me with my #1 and I can manage #2. Also because I have dogs at home who are very wary of strangers...

I managed to Google Tian Wei, Natal Essentials and Chilli Padi catering... anyone tried them before? The menus look good... Tian Wei also has confinement bathing herbs.

Have any 2nd time mummies here tried confinement food catering? I'm thinking of engaging confinement meal catering because I don't really need a confinement lady. My mom will be helping me with my #1 and I can manage #2. Also because I have dogs at home who are very wary of strangers...

I managed to Google Tian Wei, Natal Essentials and Chilli Padi catering... anyone tried them before? The menus look good... Tian Wei also has confinement bathing herbs.
i tried before netal essential.. their food pretty good! btw when i tried tt time, i wasnt pregnant,i was just sharing the food with my sil cos she couldn't finish it

Anyone having spotting at 12 weeks? I'm currently on duphaston and twice weekly proluton injections but still having brown spotting every now and then. My gynae says it's not normal and advised me to stay home and rest. But the thing is I have been on hospitalization leave for the past 6 weeks already hence I'm left with not much HL

Last edited:
Hi! I'm due 31 Dec 2017 :)!! Week 9 by this Saturday. Going to see my doctor for a scan. Hope all is well.

Actually have 2 sacs but only one got heartbeat. But it's ok - just one healthy baby is good! Though I was abit disappointed when I knew the other one didn't have a heartbeat. Once gynae saw 2 sacs, he put me on Duph Aston 3 times a day.

Few weeks ago (around week6), had spotting. Went to KKH during midnight twice but they just scanned. First time, wanted to do blood test for me to see if must give Duph Aston. Luckily my gynae already giving me (Hate blood tests!!). Second time, they do swab test - turned out got 2 infections.

Went to my own gynae few days later, he gave me injection to stabilise the womb. One suppository to tackle 1 of the infections, antibiotics for a week.

When he knew of the other infection, he gave me another round of suppositories. But I only used about half of them cos spotting was gone and I don't like to over-medicate...

Week later, still abit spotting. Gynae gave me one hormone injection.

Now glad that spotting is gone.,

Just that I'm perpetually tired at work and I realise I've been having quite crazy mood swings. heh.

Honestly, I was even planning to quit my job to rest. But my mood is swinging like mad. Some days I want to quit, some days I don't. X.X

Hi! I'm due 31 Dec 2017 :)!! Week 9 by this Saturday. Going to see my doctor for a scan. Hope all is well.

Actually have 2 sacs but only one got heartbeat. But it's ok - just one healthy baby is good! Though I was abit disappointed when I knew the other one didn't have a heartbeat. Once gynae saw 2 sacs, he put me on Duph Aston 3 times a day.

Few weeks ago (around week6), had spotting. Went to KKH during midnight twice but they just scanned. First time, wanted to do blood test for me to see if must give Duph Aston. Luckily my gynae already giving me (Hate blood tests!!). Second time, they do swab test - turned out got 2 infections.

Went to my own gynae few days later, he gave me injection to stabilise the womb. One suppository to tackle 1 of the infections, antibiotics for a week.

When he knew of the other infection, he gave me another round of suppositories. But I only used about half of them cos spotting was gone and I don't like to over-medicate...

Week later, still abit spotting. Gynae gave me one hormone injection.

Now glad that spotting is gone.,

Just that I'm perpetually tired at work and I realise I've been having quite crazy mood swings. heh.

Honestly, I was even planning to quit my job to rest. But my mood is swinging like mad. Some days I want to quit, some days I don't. X.X
Congrats joyfulmommy! Glad dat all is well with you and bb! Now 9 weeks is the roaring hormones of the 1st trimester! Will be over soon. Jiayou!

Hi Mummies,
my due date is on 21st Dec 2017. so now is 10 weeks. Have you ladies continue with excercises eg: yoga and gym? is it safe to start on 1st tri?

Any ladies here encounter bad insomnia? I'm now at 12 weeks plus and was actually having some sleeping problems during week 7 to 11. But not as bad as now! Since week 12, I've been having problems to fall asleep and even if really managed to doze off, will wake up on off and becomes hard for me to sleep again. It's really agonizing. Sometimes I will wonder did I really sleep? Thank God I'm self employed and by the time I really fallen asleep it's already 7 or 8am and wake up at around 12pm.

i read that it's safer to start in 2nd trimester,im also thinking of doing yoga or pilates.
Ya usually gynae will recommend to start in 2nd trimester or from week 16 especially for ladies who have spotting or bleeding issues earlier. I intend to sign up for pilates as my friend recommend prenatal pilates helps alot for back issues. All along I have back problems and now it's worse with the pregnancy.

Any ladies here encounter bad insomnia? I'm now at 12 weeks plus and was actually having some sleeping problems during week 7 to 11. But not as bad as now! Since week 12, I've been having problems to fall asleep and even if really managed to doze off, will wake up on off and becomes hard for me to sleep again. It's really agonizing. Sometimes I will wonder did I really sleep? Thank God I'm self employed and by the time I really fallen asleep it's already 7 or 8am and wake up at around 12pm.

Ya I think is common. I woke up at 4am 3 and 2 nights ago... I work normal hours so feel so tired when need to go to work T.T

Ya I think is common. I woke up at 4am 3 and 2 nights ago... I work normal hours so feel so tired when need to go to work T.T
Ya I know it's common but mine is quite bad. I can't fall asleep when I go to bed. Roll here and there or get up to pee for few hours. Maybe doze off somewhere 2am den wake up suddenly again around 3am and can't sleep till morning 7 or 8am. With my snoring hubby it's even worse. Feel so frustrated. Dats why complain here to find some comfort. Lol.

Im having the same thing too! Did you go back to your gynae or can just see a gp? You got your test results already?

Anyone having spotting at 12 weeks? I'm currently on duphaston and twice weekly proluton injections but still having brown spotting every now and then. My gynae says it's not normal and advised me to stay home and rest. But the thing is I have been on hospitalization leave for the past 6 weeks already hence I'm left with not much HL

Hi there! I am currently 10 weeks and will be 11 weeks this weekend. I just experienced bleeding earlier this week and am put on Duphaston as well. I had to wear a pad, and then pantyliners when it lessened, so it was quite a bit of blood.

For my case, my gynae spotted a small dark mass at the end of my placenta and he said that the mass is a pool of blood although he's not sure what caused it. It could be cervical trauma, broken vessels which pooled blood or subchorionic bleeding (a condition that should clear up on its own) because we did not see any cysts and my placenta thickness is ok.

It has been 3 days now and it stopped bleeding completely last night. I'm hoping that it means the pool of blood has "emptied out". Will be going for a scan to be sure this weekend.

Did your gynae spot anything strange during the scan? Any cysts? How about your placenta thickness?

Im having the same thing too! Did you go back to your gynae or can just see a gp? You got your test results already?
I went to my gynae as just nice my appt for the panorama test. The result is back. The nurse told me just mild fungal found but can just ignore it and treat it with the probiotic feminine wash and the cream they gave me. She also told me not to be so stress and to eat more veggies which will help to relieve the fungal.

I went to my gynae as just nice my appt for the panorama test. The result is back. The nurse told me just mild fungal found but can just ignore it and treat it with the probiotic feminine wash and the cream they gave me. She also told me not to be so stress and to eat more veggies which will help to relieve the fungal.

Cook with coconut oil! You can google coconut oil. It is amazing and helps!

I even put coconut oil on my face now - pimples , scratches, eyebags. Cos preggy cannot use a lot of product and coconut oil is safe and amazing!

Buy Extra Virgin, organic one!!!

Cook with coconut oil! You can google coconut oil. It is amazing and helps!

I even put coconut oil on my face now - pimples , scratches, eyebags. Cos preggy cannot use a lot of product and coconut oil is safe and amazing!

Buy Extra Virgin, organic one!!!
U mean cook coconut oil to consume or to apply? Lol

Hi there! I am currently 10 weeks and will be 11 weeks this weekend. I just experienced bleeding earlier this week and am put on Duphaston as well. I had to wear a pad, and then pantyliners when it lessened, so it was quite a bit of blood.

For my case, my gynae spotted a small dark mass at the end of my placenta and he said that the mass is a pool of blood although he's not sure what caused it. It could be cervical trauma, broken vessels which pooled blood or subchorionic bleeding (a condition that should clear up on its own) because we did not see any cysts and my placenta thickness is ok.

It has been 3 days now and it stopped bleeding completely last night. I'm hoping that it means the pool of blood has "emptied out". Will be going for a scan to be sure this weekend.

Did your gynae spot anything strange during the scan? Any cysts? How about your placenta thickness?

Oh dear, do take care! Try to rest more (bed rest!)

Hi everyone!

Despite experiencing a devastating blighted ovum at the start of the year, I'm currently expecting again!

I'm a first time mummy-to-be with Dr Chua Yang at Mount A. I'm into Week 9/10 now. Expected date of delivery to be 25 December 2017. :) HO HO HO...

Due to the previous incident, I've been pretty paranoid this time round. Limiting myself to the things that I can eat and do (that was after I found out I'm Week 7 preggies). Before that, I actually went for the JP Morgan run/gym/yoga/Cycling during week 5 and 6, so hopefully this baby would be a strong one! Been feeling extremely lethargic for the past couple of weeks and extremely nauseous for the past two weeks (puking got worse, more so in the evening). Been adviced by Dr Chua Yang that this is normal as the morning sickness symptoms tend to peak from Week 8 to 12. Crossing my fingers and hoping to pull through this period.

Hope to meet more December mummies, first time and experienced, who can share their knowledge with me!

Hi, glad to know that ur bleeding has stopped :) My gynae wasn't the one who did the scan for me... The sonographer did the scan but she didn't point out anything strange from the scan prb because she was focusing on getting the NT measurement? I'm thinking if I shld see another gynae to get another thorough scan cause my next gynae appt will be in another 3 weeks time.

Hi, glad to know that ur bleeding has stopped :) My gynae wasn't the one who did the scan for me... The sonographer did the scan but she didn't point out anything strange from the scan prb because she was focusing on getting the NT measurement? I'm thinking if I shld see another gynae to get another thorough scan cause my next gynae appt will be in another 3 weeks time.

If you are still bleeding... it depends on what colour the blood is and how heavy the flow is. But just trust your instincts. I prefer erring on the safe side and so does my gynae, so he asked me to go down for a scan on the same day I called. And then scheduled another scan 3 days later. But because it stopped on the 3rd day, he says to go down on the weekend instead. Is your gynae on leave that's why he didn't do the scan and you have to wait 3 weeks?

If you prefer, go get another scan from another gynae (a second opinion doesn't hurt either) in the meantime. Anything to ease your concerns.

i read that it's safer to start in 2nd trimester,im also thinking of doing yoga or pilates.
Thanks for the info nettie, i had a mc last year june and not sure if cox i was too active back then. This time round, i had spotting during my 6 weeks and Morning sickness was kind of bad. So since i slowly gained back my energy :) :):) i really looking forward to my 2nd Tri to be active again.

yes me me! my sleep problem started since week 7 till now 10 weeks, getting worse. i wake up every 3 till 5am then i will fall zzz again.Even when im sleeping, my mind is not resting i know cox i had so much of weird dreams. Not sure is because of my sleeping pattern, my mood is also affected.. i get annoyed and cranky so easily :(

Hi ladies, anyone here pregnant via ivf with twins?

I just found out I have two sacs yesterday, and even though we decided to go with two embryos, my mind is in a big loss now. The fact that I had intermittent red spotting also didn't help.

Would love to hear from you and get some support together, thank you

Thanks for the info nettie, i had a mc last year june and not sure if cox i was too active back then. This time round, i had spotting during my 6 weeks and Morning sickness was kind of bad. So since i slowly gained back my energy :) :):) i really looking forward to my 2nd Tri to be active again.
hugs to u. me ftm so im not sure if that caused you to mc or not. i think it's good to have some exercise to prepare us for delivery but probably not too much. i had bad ms from week 6 to 10 too & i felt horrible. now that im reaching week11,seems like my ms is better! appetite seems to be slightly better,hopefully it'll be back to normal soon.

Hi ladies, anyone here pregnant via ivf with twins?

I just found out I have two sacs yesterday, and even though we decided to go with two embryos, my mind is in a big loss now. The fact that I had intermittent red spotting also didn't help.

Would love to hear from you and get some support together, thank you

How many weeks are u? 2 sacs don't mean confirm is twins until you see two heartbeats. I'm didn't do Ivf but I have 2 sacs and only one got heartbeat.

There's a twin 2017 group. V nice ladies. I think there's a thread for it, can ask them add you to their WA group :).

How many weeks are u? 2 sacs don't mean confirm is twins until you see two heartbeats. I'm didn't do Ivf but I have 2 sacs and only one got heartbeat.

There's a twin 2017 group. V nice ladies. I think there's a thread for it, can ask them add you to their WA group :).
Ohh I see.. ok then I should wait a while more until the heartbeat scan.. thank you :)

Ohh I see.. ok then I should wait a while more until the heartbeat scan.. thank you :)

Ya don't worry so much! When I thought I was having twins one million thoughts rushed through my mind as well!! Whether just one or twins, I know they are blessings! Take care!

Ya don't worry so much! When I thought I was having twins one million thoughts rushed through my mind as well!! Whether just one or twins, I know they are blessings! Take care!
Correct! Will definitely accept one or two, but starting to be fearful of two

yes me me! my sleep problem started since week 7 till now 10 weeks, getting worse. i wake up every 3 till 5am then i will fall zzz again.Even when im sleeping, my mind is not resting i know cox i had so much of weird dreams. Not sure is because of my sleeping pattern, my mood is also affected.. i get annoyed and cranky so easily :(
Ya I feel u exactly! Even when sleep the mind is not totally resting. I have plenty of weird dreams or nightmares dat makes me startled up. Really wonder did I sleep anot. Really agonizing.

me too CHH Mummy, i really looking forward, now my MS subsided i feel soo relieved, no more"hangover" feeling. Lets look forward to our 2nd tri:) btw how many weeks is ur bb to 2nd tri?

Lucky you! My MS is better now compared to when I just hit 8 weeks but I'm still feeling quite nauseous and tired on most days. I'll be 11 weeks this weekend. :)

I did not do any exercises when I was pregnant with my #1. I only went for long walks (about 2 hours each time) every Saturday and Sunday morning. So after I delivered, I had to go to the gym religiously and took up Muay Thai to get fit again. I'm hoping that with this pregnancy, I can start some light exercises earlier so that it's easier to get back in shape after delivery.

I'm awake from 4am to 5:30am everyday. It's like a horror movie. Everytime I wake up automatically, I'll look at the time and see that it's 4am sharp. Been a few days now. I also have really vivid dreams after I fall back to sleep.

I'm awake from 4am to 5:30am everyday. It's like a horror movie. Everytime I wake up automatically, I'll look at the time and see that it's 4am sharp. Been a few days now. I also have really vivid dreams after I fall back to sleep.
Ya, somehow 4am is the magic time for me too. I woke up at 4am last night again! T.T

If you are still bleeding... it depends on what colour the blood is and how heavy the flow is. But just trust your instincts. I prefer erring on the safe side and so does my gynae, so he asked me to go down for a scan on the same day I called. And then scheduled another scan 3 days later. But because it stopped on the 3rd day, he says to go down on the weekend instead. Is your gynae on leave that's why he didn't do the scan and you have to wait 3 weeks?

It's not heavy but just on and off brown spotting. My gynae is from NUH and I think all first trimester scans at NUH are usually done by sonographers so my gynae have not personally scan me himself.. anw I had another bout of spotting with watery discharge so I quickly went to see another gynae and found out that my placenta was bleeding due to low lying placenta so she gave me utrogestan to insert every night.. hopefully that will help to stop the spotting

It's not heavy but just on and off brown spotting. My gynae is from NUH and I think all first trimester scans at NUH are usually done by sonographers so my gynae have not personally scan me himself.. anw I had another bout of spotting with watery discharge so I quickly went to see another gynae and found out that my placenta was bleeding due to low lying placenta so she gave me utrogestan to insert every night.. hopefully that will help to stop the spotting

Ya if ur bleeding best is see a gynae. My gynae says any bleeding is abnormal.

Luckily you went to another gynae then! Hope it gets better soon for you! Take care! :)

Back