Cup cakes for birthday

Eliz u remember ur cake pan the bear that u bought at Wilton- pooh huat selling at $17.++ and others- Bugis store.. can go buy cheaper lor. hope u get better buys for me to envy ur buys...hehehe

FM
Nice cookies and the banana Swiss roll. Looks so yummy ESP at this timing. Haha.

Maggie
I got that bear cake pan for $11 only as I joined BIY's novalty cake class and can get a cake pan for 50% off.

Just finished baking and decorating 200+ cookies. Mind still so alert till i cannot sleep! Faint!

I'm always impressed by ur skills whenever i come into the thread
happy.gif

super nice cakes n cookies..

mine is so yucky
sad.gif

any mummies can share recipe for swiss rolls?

TIA

OIC- like that so good.. So super cheap for u lor.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

ls like that one.. brain too active to sleep into dream land...

My Customer's 1kg Log cake order for yesterday party. Deliver to Tanah Merah.. super far but worth the effort. She's going to order again...
happy.gif

4903228.jpg
4903229.jpg

Any mummies know where to get those metal mug kind of flour sifted with spring handle.

Flour in 'mug', then hold handle and keep pulling /pressing the spring handle, flour comes out from bottom.

My OLD Ikea one finally spoilt when I shifted. Went PH-HV, out of stock. Think they sell about 7++.

Need it urgently. Sick of using my handle siever.
sad.gif

Thanks for info in advance.

Get from PH, the plastic one, not bad, I have been using. But abt $17, got a metal one before at cold storage (6th ave) house brand. Also good but cant find anymore I think. I hate using sieve too.

Jac - sunlit have clementi pooh huat have... still $7+. I am getting 1 too... Sieve till hands suan liao... OG chinatown also have but exp.

hi mommies,

Can anyone recommend a good brand for cookie press? I bought one from PH but not good...the cookies dun come out in 1 piece...

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">ねこ (jacquetlc)</font>
i bot mine from NTUC Xtra @ Jurong Pt. Pretty reasonable priced. can't recall if more den $5 but definitely less than $10.

<font color="ff0000">Swiss Roll</font>
aiya... i baked 1 on Sat, but forgot to take pic. n now part of it is in my tummy liao!! But not good lah. texture not fluffy enuff and the skin dunno y dun look like swiss roll skin!!</font>

Yeah! I'm aiming JP tomorrow! Will pop by to have a look! Thanks! Have combed vivo earlier from CS to Giant to Daiso... Dun have! Daiso's too small, take and shake kind. I want spring at handle kind.
happy.gif

Sharon Limb, I think got nothing to do with the cutter, is just that u need to get the correct technique/handling after many tries. all almost the same. we try and try and try till we get it right.

or u can try putting in fridge for 10minutes before cutting.. and also flour ur cutter almost every cut u make. hopes this helps
happy.gif
happy.gif

hi
love all the nice bakes here. i'm actually a novice in this, hv tried baking simple cookies b4.

will appreciate if you gals can share a simple receipe and steps to making cookies wich i can cut out nicely using cutters. i've done those type of cookies which cannot cut out shapes, they will spread out.

hope to hear some advise. TIA
happy.gif

maggie, thanks. am looking thru her blog now too. can check for butter its unsalted? i can jus use e mixer to do the job rite :p

no need mixer also can. I just pour everything together egg last then mix using a fork only... hehe.. lazy to wash beaters lah... :0

for me salted or non salted not much difference.. it is a matter of preference but some might say got difference

fresh cream. and the strange thing is I meet my friend at 4plus(cake already not in fridge) she never eat till the following day with her daughter, whipped cream never melt???

is this suppose to happen(any mummies know), I ask her got spoil she say no and taste great lei..????

maggie
the easiest way is to use a white/light colored background so as to reflect the light when u shoot. when shooting from top down, make sure u r not covering the light source thus casting shadows on ur cake. jmho.
happy.gif

joelle, thanks a lot. Will try it again later. Just made Japanese light cheese cake again... will take pics to see how after the fridge process first.
happy.gif
xie xie ni

hi
i've gotten my ingredients for e cookies, gonna start later :p

can i ask if i put the deco like m&amp;m, when do i put it? is it after e cookie is shape, n then bake it together?

TIA

vgirl it is up to u.. bake together will crack. if for deco is use icing to glue M&amp;M to the cookie and make sure its cool before u glue it hoh.

I wanted to do a bp for baking, my hb ask me to count how many ppl doing first and to compare pricing.... results 20 ppl are doing food/baking stuff and even taking order for chinese new year.. I gave up....

Saw that even those baking stores also came in to sell too.... piak head..

maggie, thanks for sharing. i duno how to do icing, is it difficult? any recipe to share?

i done it. yes e m&amp;m cracks but its ok for this trial, i happy n kids happy..haha, cos its my 1st try for such n finally i get to use e cute disney and hello kitty cutters although i still hv so so much to improve.

can ask u gals, where shd i improve if my cookies is very hard? actually i find it abit dry cos it cracks when i try to cut it, but i still go ahead.

too much flour.. reduce abt 1 tbsp . ...

icing sift then add water drop by drop .. then add coloring to smooth texture.. but remember to lessen ur cookie mix sugar. if not too sweet liao

Hi ladies
Have been silently following this thread.
Today I tried baking Xmas cookies using fatmum's recipe. Gosh, it's so hard to cut out the cookies though I followed Option 2. I spent more than an hr cutting the dough cos was transferring in n out the freezer. But it tastes good. Not hard like my prev try. Thought of making n let my ds bring to sch for Xmas celebration. But without the icing decor, it looks so plain. Is it difficult to pipe on it? Can just pour the icing mixture into plastic bag n cut a small hole? Any better way?

hi ladies,

it's been sometime since i logged in... nice cakes and cookies... yummy!

I'm moving to punggol soon... and intend to get an oven for my mini kitchen... so need to consult the experts here... should i get a built-in oven or just those separate set??

by the way, where d u ladies get the animals cookie cutter?? very cute!!!

o ya... I've lost the link to mrs teng's blog... she had authorised me to view her blog previously... but i lost the blog add... can someone pm me that... gam sia...
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">FM
Nice gingerbread men!</font>

I think i have never baked so much in my life, to date. hahaha.

Mad rush for the xmas orders. Here are some of my bakes
happy.gif

4914619.jpg

4914620.jpg

4914621.jpg

purple (purpleangel)
We bought those animal cutters from a cake supplier shop in jb which i recently found out they are closed on sundays. Made an empty trip
sad.gif

I use piping bags and wilton tip #2 or #3 to pipe out the icing.

You can also just cut a hole in a plastic bag but i find that doesn't give me a nice striaght line.

purple below u Q&amp;A:

built in oven- clean interior no need clean outside... pay 1 time for a long time use bah. now Aristion on offer $600+ or u go ikea buy $599(last week) I think

separate oven, U will find that u have to shift here and there to have enough space and clean up is very troublesome... whole thing must clean up... and not big enough for mass cookies.. waiting time longer-cause I am having all this troubles...

I use piping tip too but its bought from Pooh huat..

Mrs Teng Blog think post here share bah... http://tigg3rsdelectablefare.blogspot.com/search/label/Elmo

Any idea where to get PLASTIC crimper? The one at PH is in a set $17.90 (different designs)but I only need 1 piece (normal type).

I heard is easier to use thus I want to get one to try out.

AHHHHHH.. FINALLY! I'm Free at the moment! Almost going to drop dead from all the work.

Maggie: So sorry about the late delay~ Paiseh Paiseh. I think mail will be delayed if I post it out now since its almost christmas. Perhaps I drop it in your mailbox tomorrow if ok with you?

Have been sick for 3 days, sore throat, high fever and coughing. Today try my very best to make the log cakes for Christmas. Was super tired after baking, no more strenght to do the deco.

4921197.jpg
4921198.jpg
4921199.jpg

Eliz
Nice work! U must be bz with lots of order! Huat ah!!

Nice log cake. I wanted to try this year but the 懒虫in me jst refuse to work. Esp after I am done with my son bd cake......

Bd cake for my son
4922156.jpg

FM the Spongebob is a fresh cream wth butter cream right? Do you have a simple fresh cream recipe? Is it, heavy whipping cream, and sugar only?

Back