Cup cakes for birthday

jandew
I used chocolate melt in whipping cream then mix with whipped cream =)

Jess
nice log cake. Can't wait to make my first log cake too.

FM,
actually it's my elder boy who been asking for swiss roll so i might as well make one & turn it into log cake since i've not tried making one b4... haha!

btw, PH sells bread maker? how much ah?

A friend Jst bought it ard 125. I saw another brand takada selling 150. If many wan buy then maybe we can ask for discount haha.

ahh... so ex! if not wrong last time i heard someone said tat carrefour has one only selling $69 or so, but i went last mth & was told no more selling le...

dun feel like paying for much since it can only produce bread, hehe...

Diamondsmum
It's tip no 21

FM
Those reindeer cupcakes are so cute!! I haven't start on cuppies yet. Been baking cookies till I'm going mad. Can't wait to start on Gingerbread Hse and Logcakes too.

Jess
Nice! I'm having this horrible thot. Thinking to just go buy a swiss roll and decorate instead. Haha.

Jess, Fatmum Carrefour one is their in house brand Blue Sky brand. I bot at $99.90 used for 1 year and now cannot use, blade spoilt...so means no more home made bread. Muahahaha.... Heard they pulled it off the shelves not too long after I bought mine the year before.

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Maggie</font>
I managed to get the pineapple tart mould from NTUC at the basement
happy.gif
thanks loads

<font color="ff0000">Jess</font>
ur log cake v nice! can share recipe? now i'm tempted to try log cakes..

after baking 1 round of pineapple tarts. so much work!!!! i'm more appreciative of the tarts sold outside now :p</font>

ilove max max, no problem. Did u take pics?? show us lei.

I did this log cake(mini for the fun of it)cause the other half of the roll my son did the house..
Hope can pass ...

4892400.jpg
4892401.jpg

MY log cake- super simple

4892402.jpg

My elders' creation.. of house as he said.

eliz,
buying swiss roll &amp; decorate urself... haha, might as well buy the whole log cake :p

jandew,
yaya blue sky is the brand but $99? oh i thot i heard $69 only...
actually last time my neighbour wanted to giv hers to me... Kenwood one somemore, but too bad the blade cannot rotate liao, think she kept for too long &amp; never use tat's y spoil le...

ilovemaxmax,
i;m using fatmum's receipe... this receipe is very good, i like!
http://fatmumbaking.blogspot.com/2010/05/chocolate-roll.html

Jess
True.. hahaha.. but decorate myself i can design the way i like it..
Got some Xmas hello kitty figuines. haha.. A HK Log Cake. Very me indeed
happy.gif

No bakes this week as i was not well but managed to make it to my wilton class and this is what we did.

4892664.jpg
Totally love the clown!!

4892665.jpg

Eliz nice. the clown is made from butter cream right...

My mum place selling big swiss roll 2 for $5. so consider cheap..' can just buy to decorate lor...

backing up my photos in hardisk &amp; found this... this is my last year's bake actually, haha... but dun think i post here b4

X'mas cupcakes
4892832.jpg

NOTE: Yesterday went to imm starnet, they are going to stop direct retail sale... Not sure what the paper at the door meant. But I translate it as must order then pay, cannot walk in to buy anymore from feb onwards.. and they are going to change the place to more of browsing and ordering kind then collecting is on the same day or not, I not too sure.

Maggie
The body and legs are made of buttercream. The head is plastic
happy.gif

Jess
Yup, made during the wilton class.
The xmas cupcakes are lovely! The santa claus is sugar figuries?

Need to work on my roses. Not easy to pipe ah..

wow missing this thread a lot.

Lovely lovely bakes.

Meow, you are on the go again, well done.

Want to ask for advice. anyone using sharp R-888C(G) grill convention microwave oven for baking ?

Is it ok ?

Maggie, actually I realised not all Starnet stuff are cheap. The plastic "bags" are slightly cheaper than Daiso etc. But their muffin/silver foil cups are more ex than PH's actually.

Jess, normal price for Blue Sky was $99.90 but on sale its $69. Everytime on sale always out of stock. Hubby knew I liked it, so even though was $99.90 normal price, he went ahead to buy for me as pressie.

Hope that clarifies why. Keke....

Jandew muffin/sliver foil cups How much u get from them. I always get pricing is $6 to $9 only-- got to depend how many I buy.. buy I buy their cake boxes always very cheap 40cents... but those plastic kind for simple butter cake one then is very exp $2+ per 6'set

CL...yes must put the rack on the rotating plate for before placing any baking pan, if not the base of the cake will get burnt before is cooked.

Maggie dun rem the exact price but I think was abt $9 for 1 long row, but many places like Phoon Huat etc sell much cheaper. After I bought then I realised.

Cake boxes for 40 cents? What size? Then its really cheap.

JESS me too been thinking of signing up the Wilton Class. Wrote to PH last week ask if they have express one like BIY.

Waiting for PH to reply on their 2011 time table.

the laminated muffins cups mostly i get for like $6 even if i buy just 1 strip.- 250cups kind mini size

STARNET QUOTE : Before we begin our message, all staff and associates of Star Net Marketing Pte Ltd would like to thank all our patrons (which is you) for the support over the past few years. We have learned how to cherish you not as a customer, but more like a long lost friendship that has just been reconnected.

Thank you.

We will be removing the walk-in &amp; retail section from our office by mid Feb’2011. By doing so, it will cause some inconvenience and disturbance to you. We are deeply sorry about this decision, but it is important for us to do so, as we need to focus on our main objectives and goals.

For that, we are sorry.

With immediate effect, all our prices will be reduced as to our corporate clients. This means that you will enjoy a huge rebate when you make purchase before Feb’2011.
The 8”x8”x5” cake box that you usually buy from us for $0.48 will be now $0.27, that’s a 43% discount! We have only one condition which we hope all our customers will comply, that is to purchase in a full packet/carton quantity.
After Feb’2011, we will not be serving anymore cash &amp; carry purchases. As for how the new ordering system works, we will announce as the date approaches.

Warmest regards,
Star Net Marketing Pte Ltd

jandew 1 pkt of muffin cups is 250pcs ..

A bit blur as to what u are implying abt which item liao...

Anyway they still got loose one still can purchase cheap lor...

I also bought a metal turntable for $45- pooh huat selling $76++

I see got 1 whole roll and loose ones too but didnt ask the price.. U can call and ask before going down... thats what I did.. compare price through phone first.

Please take note Star Net operations hours is like office hours, too late close liao. Saturday half day, Sunday not open. Public Holiday also close.

Peng Vivo Cold Storage carried 2 other varieties under same brand but not this...arghhh so disappointed. End up bot Betty Cocker pizza dough again. Next weekend got potluck not decided what to bring.

Back