Cup cakes for birthday

Pink, my muffin recipe listed below. Pls advise what could be wrong. Thanks a lot!

Choc Chips Brownie Muffin (makes 6)
Ingredients:
80g butter
150g dark eating choc, chopped
100g sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g plain flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
Handful of choc chips

Method :
Preheat oven to 180 deg C, line muffin pan with muffin cups
Sift together flour and cocoa powder, set aside
Place butter in a saucepan, melt over low heat. Once butter starts to melt, add in sugar. Stir to prevent sugar from getting burnt. Add in the choc and stir till smooth.
Transfer choc mixture to a mixing bowl. Stir in eggs gradually, follow by vanilla extract, then the shifted flour and cocoa powder mixture. Stir till just incorporated.
Divide batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle with choc chips and bake for 20 mins or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.

yany: the hakka lui chai and this ant veg is differ veg
happy.gif

Missyling,
the 'ANT' vege you all talking about, is not available in most mwet markets? my mum is a Hakka, but dunno if I have tried this vege before. is 'ANT' the pronounciation in Hakka or the you mean the Hakka word for ant is the name of this vege?

s@l... its not available most of the time.. unless you are lucky enough to get it.. but pls wash it properly of you getting it from the market...

'ANT' the pronounciation in Hakka ... hehe that is what i learn from my granny.. my hakka only 1/2 pail water... i can understand but speaking.. is like bits and pieces...

keng said she saw it in mei-dai-yu the jap supermarket before but is really ex for a small branch of it... maybe you can check with meow if she can get some for u from her mil.

Rave...i think u have overfilled the cupcakes?

Sunsweet...oreo biscuit can eat lah...i got a small pack also wanting to bake orea cupcake also :p back to ur qn hope i dun misguide u :p diff texture sugar does not affect the texture cos if is fine type easier to 'melt' if using too coarse will take longer time to cream into the butter, only if u subsitute using brown sugar or molasses will alter the taste and colour of ur fruits...

For muffin recipe, usually the wet ingredient (eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla) is mix first, follow then add in the dry sifted ingredient. Do not dump all the dry ingredient at one time. Instead fold in by batches. Do not mix too long for each adding. The texture is usually a bit lumpy and thick, is ok...

For cupcakes recipe, cream the butter n sugar using a electric whisk till light and fluffy, the colour will turn a bit pale white, then add in the beaten eggs gradually and beat at the same time. Make sure the eggs are in room temp or else will curdle which i encounter this scenario b4! Follow then beat in vanilla essence if using. Fold in sifted flour and milk alternative in batches also. I usually mix in 3 batches (flour milk, flour milk , flour milk) I notice i usually dun get lumpy texture compare to muffin recipe during this stage....hehehe pardon me for my nagginess :p

Cat,

If u to go to MIL hse these few week since will be meeting for lunch in 3rd week, pls help me to pluck some "ant" veggie for me leh... Kum seah! Me find very long time liao... dunno can grow in a pot anot so that dun need to search high n low for it....

ice lim, according to my granny.. as long as your place got sufficent sunlight and you water them.. its rather easy for them to grow.. but too bad.. though i stay in the west.. but my place where i can plant is like "cold palace" grow what die wat....

Peng/fatmum,
Thanks for the links.
But I no confident to make a whole cake. hahahaha
Can use sponge cake base or not?

Pink,
No reply still from the email.
Guess u super busy. I shall make other cake arrangement this time then. No worries. Hope next time will have chance to try yr "fruits"! Thanks so much!

MissyLing,

My place oso cannot grow plant cos too salty liao me stay near the sea area. Will plant at my mum pl if can get it... since it is so easy to grow.

Hi mummies, i still hve a pack of premix snow skin flour frm phoon huat. Anyone have any idea what i can do with it? Or if anyone wants it, pls pm me. Thks.

Peng ,

thanks for the info.

I think I mix in ALL the dry stuffs with the wet together.

I'll try doing it by batch next time.

Carrefour having breadmachine sale..
but Ah lao says cannot buy cos i hardly make BREAD!! and most at home dun eat much bread..

but but its like 40% off.. U.P $99.9 and now about $59 i think..

How how..

Anyone uses the Homebrand Breadmachine B4? does it consume a lot of electricity?
Home made bread can keep for liek 3-4 days?

MissyLing,
thanks for the info. I'm a terrible Hakka as I don't know these things. Since I'm M'sian, I think the Hakkas there a little more different than the ones here... hehehe. I guess my mom never exposed me to the Hakka tradition so much as we followed my aunt's Cantonese tradition more.
In my "old" age, I'm appreciating my roots more and more! ;)

Sunsweet,
wow... 40% off for bread machine? Sounds like a really good deal. I would love to buy but my house is so pack with my kitchen stuff... it is spilling over to the dining area!

Sunsweet,

WOW! $59 is good price! I got the breadmachine at $69. The brand is their housebrand - bluesky? It's useful to me cos I make bread and pizza with it! Works well for me. You just need to find the right recipes and can prepare bread easily...

Yany,
My kitchen pretty small.... so its spilling to my dining room and living room! Haa Haaa

Sunsweet...the breadmachine consume a lot of electricity...imagine kneading proofing and baking using that machine takes at least 2 hrs..elect bill going up by 20% ...ah lao ask me dun bake too much liao...but how to rite...my passtime hobby leh :p

yany, hehe i am only following but i like hakka foods.. i missed the black bean kueh which granny made but she is so old already and don't want to bother her with it.. too bad she said is agar agar.. if not, i want to pick up the skill too...

$59 for breadmachine is very cheap wor!! dont really mind whether its homebrand or not.. they consume quite similar electricity.. moreoever electricity bill is increasing another 20%.. so make no diff...

i will go down and take a look tomorrow!! then no need to use 'nai li' to knead!

hi keng, i have received the herbs!!! you gave me so much! then i must go and buy the breadmachine already! Thanks ya!

Hi Ladies,

Just to share.

I will stop the machine once it stop kneading... for Bluesky - it will take 20 mins to knead thereafter proof. Normally I switch off the power point at 30mins. The bread machine will stay warm for a while... thus bread continue proofing.

Result of bread is the same...

Hi Sunsweet,

Do you happen to know when the offer for breadmaker will end?

I am keen to get one too but these few days busy so afraid cannot make it in time to buy one at such cheap price.

Thanks in advance!

sunsweet,
breadmachine at that price is really worth considering..and I heard this weekend, carrefour is having the 10% discount again for POSB Everyday card..hmm..more reasons to buy..hehe
happy.gif

Hi mummies keen in bread making. I've a breadmaker machine to give away if u're interested. Bot abt $200+ a couple of years ago. Very zealous during the 1st few months, bake and bake now sitting in the store room.

Hi all
today we help our Lim to bake the cake for her nephew. Actually is making a 3D train cake but the cake didn't rise up that much so do 2D cake, hehe! Although tired but quite enjoy! Dear sisters, don't forget my ZL bd is on 23nov hor!

1779814.jpg
1779815.jpg

We also bake a simple castle for cat's kids.
1779816.jpg
1779817.jpg

Ling, make this for u and yr hb but forget to pass to u, hehe!
1779818.jpg

Nice work, westerners.

Ha ha I oso want to ask for help in Jan. Since train is done for our nephew. My son I think I want to see how to do the Little Einstein Pat Pat Rocket ha ha

CL: hahahaha ur sil now very pro liao lo... steady steady de

keng, orders? who will want wor...
tonite we will all be having backache liao

Eileen n all,
Wow u all realli superb! So nice. Envy Envy Envy!
Can I ask the base, u all use sponge or madeira?
The base colour veri nice n even. So yummy.
Thanks.

sally
we make butter cake for the train n sponge cake for the castle. But think sponge cake too soft for the castle bundt pan.

Eileen,
If I wan to bake the base for Barbie Doll Cake, should I use butter or sponge cake? I no confidence for Butter Cake. May I know which recipe you use? For butter n sponge. Realli like your even colour. Thanks so much.

if you are going to cover with creams.... the colour even or not.. people oso can't see...

the barbie doll, are you using any mould or going to cut it into cone shape for the skirting?

Ling,
Me no mould, going to try out using the link from fatmum. Bake round shape n stack up, then use butter cream. My little niece wan that cake but her mom dun wan to spend on it, so my little niece begging me to do for her. I tell her no promise, I will try. :-(

Back