Cup cakes for birthday

n2inpink, thanks for the reply. ya me too think that Wilton fondant taste 'blahh'! i will continue to use MMF and familiarise myself with the texture. U know my problem here is not sure/confident of making the cake for my DD birthday coming Nov..maybe can start by 'playing'with it for my son's bday in Oct first.

Anyway I am still waiting for ur quote for the cake...can u send to me ASAP as i hope to decide these few days.

thanks in advance.

bling,
if you can proof that it was bought from PH, I think they can chg for you..call them to check.

Pink,
yr macaron looks very yummy..got spare for me??
I believe my gal will definitely like it. She is a biscult and cake monster..Let me know if you hv class for tat
happy.gif

hi ladies,

i just called phoon huat, they say not affected. Thier butter are from australia. When i wanna ask about the whipping cream, the guy just hang up on me.. haha.. i think alot of pple called them and ask.

Pink,
wah pian oi ! look at the fruits! If I got the LV, I will keep it for dn't know how long.............how to cut this type of cake inside the mouth. Going to show this to my friend who is crazy over branded bag.

vinn, zainab, yany, icelim, hammy, KENG, KL148, bbgirl,
thks for the encouraging words
happy.gif
till now still practicing the MMF so tat can get better 3D cake.

Icelim,
macarons, now taste much better than the last time i gave u
happy.gif

when we meet, can pass u some to try.

yany, hammy, bbgirl,
u all look so high on me leh. my macs still on practicing stage.
as you all know, it is the most mischievous cookies. failure rate super high.
i'vnt achieve 100% success.
wait till i'm very comfortable and expert in macs, then will let u know.
mean while, you all can have it if comeby my place
happy.gif
pass to you some to try.

sunsweet,
haha ! hope u enjoy viewing our "fruits" here
happy.gif

Ling,
u have very small feet ! 5.5 is very small leh !

xiau ling,
yes, my merry-go-round cake published in today classified. the straits time.
happy.gif

BIY trying to advertised wilton fondant and gum paste course.
and my cake been approved by wilton, 'tho it's not those wilton conservative looking cake, my merry-go-round cake meet the criteria. i'm using all the method that i learn. the border ribbon, twisted ribbon, carnations, inlay cut out, marbleizing fondant etc.

i still remembered tat day, after my wilton course, i'm rushing back to office.
with fat hand fat leg to wave taxi, i fall down, lucky nothing happen to me, but the cake? look like tis:
1744149.jpg

b4 i fall down:
1744150.jpg

today paper:
1744151.jpg

morning all,

exctracted from Yahoo:
SINGAPORE: Five more China—made food products sold in Singapore have been detected to contain the industrial chemical melamine.

Two are flavoured milk and three are confectionaries containing milk powder as an ingredient.

They are: Dutch Lady Banana Flavoured Milk; Dutch Lady Honeydew Flavoured Milk; Silang — House of Steamed Potato — Potato Cracker; Puffed Rice Rolls — Butter Corn Flavour; and Puffed Rice Rolls — Cheese Flavour.

The latest findings bring the total number of affected products to eight.

The other products that were earlier found to be contaminated with melamine are Yi Li Choice Dairy Fruit Bar Yogurt Flavoured Ice Confection; Dutch Lady Strawberry Flavoured Milk; and White Rabbit Creamy Candy.

Morning, Pink
The B'day girl sooooo happy!!!! now she has a problem, she dont know where to put the candle and where should cut the cake...is so nice...so sayang
to cut..
1744331.gif

Hi Pink, I luv yr merry go round cake. Will definitely order fm you for my girl's bd.

1 stupid question - Is the MMF difficult to cut? Sorry ah, I baking idiot.

ling
yr legs is elephant then mine will be Dinosaur, haha! I am wearing size 8 and my hb side all small feet one. My hb feet is same size as me but thinner than me. So I can buy shoes for him, hehe! One of my sil is wearing size 3 or 4 and I ever look for a shoes for her in china n the sales girl asked me to go children section, hehe!

hi sunny (nyny),
i kpo abit?
i normally use 220 ml for 1 cup of oil or milk.
I prefer weight measurement, it is much more accurate compared to volume measurement.

ling,
your feet call elephant.. then mine dunno wat liao...
before give birth, my size was 7....

1-0,
wow ! size 3 or 4? then can fit in the LV shoe i made wor... hahaha!
your sil feet super tiny.
my feet oso bigger then hubby, when i buy the shoes for him, have to make sure is tight with me, then juz nice for him. jia lat...

Vinn,
thks for your kind words.
MMF cake not difficult to cut, is not hard, it's chewy texture.

my last nite "fruits":
pandan kaya swiss roll.
1744714.jpg

1744715.jpg

yany, thks for the recipe ! AY recipe is excellent! very soft and moist:
1744716.jpg

lapis surabaya - butterless version, yet still very soft, not dry at all:
1744717.jpg

have a blessed weekend !

pink
thanks! normally is converted to gram? then 1 cup = how much gram?
your kaya roll makes me drool leh....

WOW pink... i wan the swiss roll n the lapis surabaya.... recently my mouth itchy.. i went to buy from B ar... the standard drop -_-"

Pink, wan to make kaya roll long ago but dunno wat in my mind keep stopping me leh...
If roll tat time, roll from length side or width side
My feet also very big leh, i also wearing size 8 leh...

finally log in after a LONG LONG week... caught up with the posts liow... thank god it's not like the olden days rocket speed kind!
happy.gif

hammie, yeah... received sms from niko... hahahaha... GIANT one again!
happy.gif
congrats niko.

pink... i'm always right beside you... got maca - (hoons or rawns) <--- i dun care ... i ONLY want to eat... hahahahaha... anytime u need dumping ground... ring ring and I'll Be There... I'll Be There... I'll Be There... *croons*... hahahahaha

and LV ?!?!??!!? I'm a die hard fan of LV lor... wah lau... the b'day cake set makes me drool and my eyes pop out!!! I'm a size 7 ... pink... ok? hahahahah...

haven't been baking for the last one week... hmm... will pick up again once i can go near heat...
happy.gif

wah lau... today first day F1 ... right? ... raining so hard since morning... now starting to clear up... think it's gonna be a good match with slippery road? ... whoz going to watch?? hotel? yacht? grand prix stand???
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Pink</font>
I have to say this: Your photos are getting better and better! =) Your 'official' photographer or you took them yourself?
I remember seeing one of the pics that you mentioned you took yourself - good too!

Your fruits looks really yummilicious! Making me hungry now.
sad.gif

hi mummies,

anybody can tell me what is vanilla oil? if i dont want to use that, can i substitute with other thing? is that the same as vanilla extract, essence or favour?

sunny,

is it because u set yr oven temp too high? did yr cupcake rise very high then flatten and crack when cool?

this happened to my 1st attempt of cupcakes as well. its because of yr oven. though receipe might say certain temp but maybe diff ovens have diff characteristic..

u can try to lower yr oven temp..

Pink,
YOur swiss roll look sooo good. I want... I want!
Yes, aunty Yo's rum ball very very good. Next time order cake, can order bigger size coz balance can mutate to rum ball... hehehe (yumm). I even bought rum essense and the smell.... like liquor cabinet... hahaha. Too bad it makes my kids hyper!

Shoe size,
I guess I am lucky as my feet did not expand. Still the bony long type.... similar to ronald mcdonald... hahaha

Pink,
Saw your macs and decided to make them.... again no legs. See the begining of them but it doesn't form" more. Haiz.....
Do they appear at the begining or mid way during the bake?

hehehe macaroon wind is blowing....
tinking of making but neber made b4, and i dont have the swt tooth for it...

is there anyway of making semi swt one? hehe

hope those who going to make will success...

hallloooooooo
i havent been here for months!!

Pink
yr cakes getting prettier n prettier..

catika, missyling, CL,
how are u??

Hello EP
you ? How are you?

Me fine. Just send my maid off and tell my mum no more maid. Will do everything myself. Like tat more peace everyday from mum's nagging

No maid dunno will stop baking or not ha ha

1-0,
Ice-cream cone treats cookie recipe from Alan Ooi

Ingredients A
250g butter
120g icing sugar

Ingredient B
2 egg yolks

Ingredient C
360g plain flour
30g ice-cream powder
80g cornflour

For decoration:
100g cooking chocolate (melt by double boiling)
some candied toppings

Method:
1. Beat ingredient A in a mixer until fluffy. Add in ingredient B and mix well. Fold in ingredient C and stir to form a soft dough.

2. Place no.(1) between sheets of plastic. Roll out flat, stamp designs using the cookie cutter which has been stained with some flour. Arrange cookies on lined baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg. C for 15-20 mins. Remove to cool.

3. Melt cohocolate by double-boiling and spoon mixture into a piping bag. Pipe the top portion to resemble a doppon of ice cream on a cone. Decorate and repeat process until ingredients are all used up. Leave to set very well before storage.

Dearie
Thanks for the recipe.

Hi all
after saw some many of u do the fondant, so I try to make it using mmf today. It proofs that I have no art talent n patient in making fondant, hehe! Do half way give up and put some ready cake topper, haha! Really peiful pink n other mummies got such a talent n patient!
1748550.jpg
1748551.jpg

Eileen, i see ur cuppies raise up nicely and the col is pretty. can u advise the recipe u use and the type of coven /settings u use? cos my cuppies tend to crack or overflow..dunno why. hv tried diff settings, most times ended the same way
thanks in advance

Pink,
I went to Carousel this afternoon. I tried half of the macs. (Don't know why those they are serving are all half but those they sell are complete macs.)Guess what, your macs is so much nicer than theirs. Happy for you !

PENG,
Wah! You also into MMF liao. Keep it up!

kl148, wow i saw their Macs too when i was there last week! They sure look yummy...but u said Pink's better....cant imagine....hehehe..must ask Pink if she sells them?

Like the delifrance's Madeleines alot. Ha ha dun have the mould so use my tart mould instead. taste not too bad. My challenge of baking without the helper. Ha ha finish cleaning within 10 mins while waiting for baking time.

1748835.jpg

Hi Mummies,

Care to share with me what brand &amp; perhaps the model no. of the hood, hob &amp; built-in oven u are currently using or hv used before? Are they any good? As these appliances don't come cheap, I'm looking for a value-for-money one.

Do also share with me any brand that don't satisfy your criteria so as to further narrow my search.

Ariston, Delizia, Indesit, Smeg, Teka, Fujioh, Rinnai, Brandt, Borsh, Elextrolux, Pacific..... ????

By the way, anyone using a Spar mixer? Any good?

Thank you
happy.gif

Hi all,
Always hv nice fruits on this thread.

1-0,
We will always support u, Jia Yu.

Wow, CL now very ON hor. Ur CL Madeleines look yummy le.

Back