Cup cakes for birthday

Hee. I have the same question too. Have been wondering about this.

Some says Muffins doesn't have toppings (like fondant, buttercream etc) and Cupcakes have them.

Some says Muffins are denser and Cupcakes are more light.

Can anyone verify on this?
happy.gif

A big Congratulations to Nikkonet.
Wow so fast pop. Seems like yesterday just had lunch with her n all at KFC. hee
Time realli flies.

Peng, no prob.

Fatmum,
not bad right the book?
U try other recipes there?

Hi mummies,

I have OG receipt of $163.80 and $61.50 dated 7th September 2008 which can qualify for the membership card redemption.

If applied jointly, can be shared by 3 persons.

Please let me know if you are keen as I am offering to mummies from here first.

If there is no taker then I'll offer to anybody interested.

I also have the corningware redemption card with 8 stamps.

1737362.jpg

Bake breads again... this batch took longer time to proof but very happy with the texture. I used milk to "wash" it.. the colour look more grossy.

Peng,
Just done these designs with MMF, completed within half an hour, no time to do 3D. kekeke Next time try again. Aiyo so hard lei.
1737553.jpg

Ice,
Thanks. Still a LONG LONG LONG way to reach one tenth of Pink's skills. hee But fun trying out.

Pink,
How long can keep the MMF? Can just leave outside in an airtight container?

peng, hehe must eat bread so bake bread lo.. since i had cake few days back le.

Ice goh, nope really hard but must be patient to wait for the proofing time..

MissyLing,
Does hot weather help in proofing faster? So using breadmaker faster? Or skipping the process of kneading? U knead by hand or machine? Knead must be veri long? Paisei so many questions.

yes hot weather will help. SOmetimes i will place it near my stove while i am brewing soup. Or if you wan faster, on ur oven for 15min... and off it.. leave ur dough in to proof olso very fast.

Breadmaker is good when u do alots... and less work... i knead it with hands... hehehe like washing clothings like that.... Till its not really sticky to handle and slightly elastic feel..

Peng, i use the wilton black gel lor...
happy.gif

actually attended a fondant making class tis morning and those were wat we learnt. its the basic techniques, at least i know how to make holes and nooks etc - the proper way!

its very much like sculpting la...for me i like...cos i m in the creative field la..so ya maybe a Little Bit easier for me...but i see the other mummies in the class did very well too..jus hv fun!

Sol,
where u learn? So clever lei. Ex or not? Where u get the black colour?

Peng,
me thinking to get the wilton food pen, so easier to dot eyes etc. hee

Wah, so many pple into MMF. I am interested into MMF too, but have yet to try. But now see so many nice fruits, so motivated to start .. like now. haha..

Sally,
your rainbow and flowers are very nice.

S@L,
your 3Ds are very nice too! Especially the little girl, looks very sweet! WHere did u learn it from?

Missyling,
your bread are very nice. Look at mine! they are freshly baked today but the texture are like 5 days old bread, so hard. haha..

1738146.jpg

SN/Green Muffin/Missyling, I took up the fondant modelling class by Meng choo (MC). Its conducted in her house. u can check out the rates in her webby, but her classes are all full.

As for the black col gel, i bought from MC this morning. I couldnt find it in phoon huat. But i bought the set of primary col gel from Phoon huat. Oh didnt know there is a black pen for drawing small details..that will be cool. where to get it?

Still learning la, nt that pro. But really hope i can make some for my son's bday to try out before i sell to frens or give them as gifts lor..otherwise very paiseh.
sad.gif

Forgot to add that the fondant we used during the class is actually Wilton Fondant, not MMF made from scratch. I compared the 2 texture, Wilton one is easier to mould and control. Maybe my MMF not hard enough, tats why the bear i did the other day like collapsing...hehehe...but Wilton fondant nt so tasty le....i prob will mix both so that the taste will be better

n2inPink, do u use MMF or u use ready to roll commercial fondant for ur creations? Can share a bit?

S@L,
WOW... is pretty de loh. How you mould the princess? Think I better use play dough 1st.

MissLing,
Bread v nice. Me on Diet! No carbo leh. Can see, can smell but cannot touch.

SN,
The rainbow very cheerful. I like rainbow.

My fruit, Bobo Cha Cha.
Eat already must dance cha cha to get rids of fats!

1738521.jpg

The Sculpted Baby Cake look so scary.. i will jump up and scream if someone were to send me this.. It look so real... Made my hairs stand....

Ling, ask u hor, for bread making, the dough can leave for 1 day? coz thinking to make dough at nite then do filling & bake the next day leh, can it be done this way?

congrats Niko, enjoy ur confinement...

all are so nice fruits.... Now in thingy is MMF after moonies. All looks so great n nice...

Peng, is that a mashmallow in the cup ?
happy.gif
so cute.

and i guess u same like me...palms are hot yah? Cos my fondant also glossy looking like urs...hehehe i use quite a bit of cornstarch thru the process

Peng, ya that why aft playing with Wilton fondant yday really easier to handle..but the taste jus sucks le...i will try mixing MMF and Wilton together to see if its more palatable.

u try dusting some cornstarch on ur palms..it works a little. and weather also plays a part

MissyLing,
Thanks for the explanation.

Green Muffin,
Thanks.
Yr bread not ugly lah. At least u have courage to attempt. I no courage to make brea. hee

Sol,
Thanks for the info.
Cornstarch = CornFlour?

Peng,
Wow yr MMF veri nice. hee
Me also have hot hot palms.

Just did these:
1740669.jpg

You all very fast hand fast leg eh.. hahaha i think i am too "meow" "meow" i made the fondant too but cause i don't want make so much.. i end up making only fondant that is as much like a fist size...

Peng,
Nice meal. I like the burger, the egg and the rose. But i like my burger with tomato, so pls add tomato for me. haha..

MissyLing,
i did not add anything inside my bread. But i guess it was due to the kneading and proofing, i used my breadmachine to knead. And i added wholemeal flour, substituted sugar with molassas... haha... think i have messed up everything and never follow the recipe. I will try again by following the recipe closely. If still fail i will have to consult u liao. haha..

sally,
thanks for comforting, hmm.... ya they are not that ugly but they can kill. haha... because they are so hard... hahahha

Made some MMF last night, but turns hard today. Luckily was able to revive them just now. Hopefully have time to try them out tomorrow.

1741071.jpg

S@L,
So coincidence! I also attended cupcake decorating today and I just came back. Below are my fruits!
happy.gif
First time doing this....So excited... will try MMF soon!

1741078.jpg
1741079.jpg
1741080.jpg

WOW all the fondants makers here....

Peng, i melted only abt 70 something.. can't remember where i scribble on my paper... hahaha very jialat... now like going to do extra work..

Back