Cup cakes for birthday

Richard class can start at any stage.

I started at Stage 2 tinking was stage 1....lolx.

Onli after attending 2nd class then I realised its Stage 2, many of my classmates were signed up in error tinking was Stage 1, like me.

Richard is very cute at times, he cracks jokes during class. N he sells flour, lotus paste, fresh cream etc... Cheaper than outside. He stays in Hougang so u can arrange to get stuff fr him if u happen to stay ard that area. I like his blueberry paste not so sour as wat we usu buy fr outside.

skinless roll
happy.gif

4068706.jpg

Peng I tried ur yoghurt cranberry breaf but flopped.

Someting wrong with the dough. Din rise during baking, tough! End up throwing them away.

Wonder izzit coz I adjusted oven temp to 170 degrees as I scared it burnt on the top.

*Sobz*

Fatmum skin tastes soft even when exposed to air? In ur blog? I made bao sometime back but skin turns hard easily.

Is it in ur blog? I w go look see look see. Hehe...

Baked this for tomorrow's 10th Anniversary
happy.gif

First time using Pillars so dun know how to position it appropriately The pillars a bit too far in. It would have been more balanced if I've move it outwards a little
happy.gif
Just a few pics, will post more in my blog.

4072141.jpg
4072142.jpg
4072143.jpg

Mrs Teng
You are amazing for a self learned baker. If you intend to conduct any classes for a small group, I will be the first to enrol..Well done.

Baywater

Took me 4 hours plus (on and off, half way thru run away to entertain guests) to complete.

I use Bakel's white fondant about 1 1/2 packet for this whole cake.

Mrs Teng,
Wat kinda cake u use with fondant? I realised fondant cakes are not yummy?? not light...v dense, not really the I like to eat another piece kind?

FM,
My swissroll is also ALWAYS skinless. Wahaha. Can I check how long can the buttercream last when we make a batch and how to keep? Usually I will have a lot of leftover.

hi Mrs Teng,u mean that u did it on the event day!!! Wow

Does Bakel's fondant taste good?? where can i get it???

I've did a little project of my own, its for my sister-in-law's ROM... ">

as I dun like the taste of the ready make one, I've whipped up the my version of sugarpaste ">

4076435.gif

Hi Mrs Teng

Your cake is so pretty. During my first attempt to make a fondant cake, I found it hard to remove the fondant from the cutters (mainly the alphabet type). Got to use something to poke them out so dun look very nice. I did dust cutters with icing sugar but still sticks to the cutter leh??

snnowy
i used whipped cream for my roll. My swissroll skin sometime oso not ok.
happy.gif
buttercream can keep longer jst defrost and whipped again when u need to use it. think 2 weeks no problem. RG always say so no colour change and taste ok then its ok haha....

Baywater

The cake is very pretty!

You got to taste the fondant and see if you like it. Personally find it okay as compared to Wilton. Dun quite like wilton. Can get is from BIY or Kitchen Capers. If I'm not wrong SunLik should have also.

Sabby

Dun cut the alphabet immediately, let the surface harden a little before cutting.

FM

Thanks, will try out the bao recipe when I get the chance

fatmum.... the swiss roll is SEDAP!!! ... very very nice... i cut into 6 slices... i only whack 1 slice... J&J POLISHED OFF all... muahahahaha...

u can open bakery liow!!!

jandew, if use the daiso mini, can use 6 den the rest bake in paper cups.. size should b a 22cm or 28cm.. recipe frm a ex colleague, never had big tin so no try wat size it fit.

Mrs Teng, your anniversary cake is so nice!
happy.gif

You are really talented for a self learner!

Fatmum, after seeing your delicious char siew baos, very tempted to try baking them one of these days.
happy.gif

I'm very curious, who are the SAHM here? you ladies can bake so often. Envious!

Andrina

You got to give me you email address.
happy.gif

Fatmum

Tried making Char Siew Bau this afternoon. My recipe was slightly different from you... hehehe.. I cut on the yeast and baking power by 1 Tsp.

The filling, I didn't have Char Siew, so I make from scratch using char siew sauce, brown sugar, oyster sauce and other seasoning.
happy.gif

Here's my Bau bau, still as soft. Supposed to open up but it just opened a little, think I forgot to cut a cross on the bau before steaming.

4082165.jpg
4082166.jpg

Meow
不客气:)

Mrs T
Got standard! Like those in dim sum hse. btw when u knead the dough did you pass the window test like bread? Seems like by reducing the yeast & BP didn;t affect the softness

Fatmum

No leh, I did not do window test, cos the dough was like very wet.. how to stretch?

Maybe I was lucky that the dough was knead well enuf. Knead for about 3 mins in KA.

I oso never do the window test. But shld the dough similar to that of a bread dough very smooth kind? mine I think took me 8mins in kA at speed 2

must google for more bao recipe. Tat day i bought a box from the tanjong Rhu small one already 60cents. My boy can easily finish 6 at a go!

Difficult to do the char siew?

tanjong rhu bao... i LOVE the yuan-yang bao... half black dousha, half lotus with a salted egg yolk kiap in between... the size can finish in two mouthful kind... hahahaha...

BY THE WAY, whats window test??? throw some out of window to see how long it takes to reach ground floor??? hahahaha... calculate density???

KA kneading dough... tonite can dream of it liow... (one more way to TORTURE my tangerina!!!) *evil*...

what speed to use knead dough and what hook to use? ... thanks.
happy.gif

http://www.nisshin.com/entertainment/komugiko_club/meikan/03/index.html

meow
i have nvr try the yuan yang bao. by your description I think it is worth trying for next time I visit them

u watch the video u will kn what window test am referring to. simply stretch the dough where u will see a membrane kind and when u stretch it will nt break. Then its pass!

I used the 'j' hook and knead at speed 2. somtime will up to 4-6. But scared will spoilt the machine so mainly use 2.

Fatmum

Ka Ka Eng, dun scared, the more you worry, the more it will break down.

I use speed 3-4 to knead small amount. And if large amount, will use up to 6. But usually, will pause and push the dough down with knuckles so that the knead is even lor. I'll repeat this 2 to 3 times depending on volume.

For the bau dough, I find it very easy to roll lor. The feeling is like rolling Q Q marshmallow like that. No additional flour needed. I think that also means I've knead enuf kua?

Back