Cup cakes for birthday

joanne, yeah... wire rack... a black tray and the wire thing comes original with the oven... i got the two wire ones... so i put a flat tray / cookie tray onto it and bake two levels...
happy.gif

wa seh.. so earli morning see meow post so many things.. hungreee... pineapple jam u oso make.. really peifu u..

i went to buy frm ph.. lol.. too lehchei to make.. n the ones ph sell is gd enuff for me.. told dad i wana make frm scratch.. he say i siao.. (he love ph pineapple filling =_= eat wif bread.)

1st time made KB yesterday.. but not really melt in mouth.. so gona test again today.. hope succeed..

2057374.jpg

meow n peng.. can chk wif u.. gota knead n knead? or juz knead abit can liao? mine when bite abit crispy.. den not melt in mouth leh.. how come huh? i used all tapioca flour.. oh.. n if use sago flour.. gota dry fry oso?

Pineapple filing... every year i prepare from scratch one... just last year, bought outside (so called homemade too), HB and josh no touch my tarts... eat only the biscuit part without fillings
sad.gif
... so this year... must guai guai do again lor...

kendy, must knead till white. Tapioca / Sago flour, ALL must be dry = fry/baked.
happy.gif

wire tray arh.. Hmm.... Hmm... msn hor bo? hahahaha

u really tomato siow... u want rudy cheeks arh?? Do tomato biscuit/cake? *yucks*... hahahaha...

tomato gd for health.. lol. n only wanted to plant cherry tomato.. den no 'friend' so boring.. so planted 3 more types to accompany the cherry lor.. heng the shop n save no more other types.. =_= skali got 10 i get all 10 different ones..

Kathy....i normally dun buy bak guah cos so ex during cny, just make for fun
happy.gif
the crispy peanuts not yet updated...soon....

Catika....ur penguins looks so adorable! i also bought 4 pineapples this morning!! too tempted when saw the fruits..

Kendy...sago flour must also fry..

As usual cant sleep so bake another batch of pineapple tarts using different recipe. The texture very soft & melt in the mouth.
Thanks Peng for the gd recipe, is juz the doughis too soft to handle N difficult to cut into shape.

2057789.jpg
2057790.jpg

keke.. thx.. i knead till hard.. hmm.. but recipe machiam not melt in mouth.. :p n i brown some of the corners.. will try again tonite..

*faint* still got green p cookie n pineapple tarts haven touched.. =_=

lol.. gona start doing.. no time.. :p
n gota do mac soon oso.. KB use only yolk.. whites so wasted..

already using 170C.. mayb will lower see how.. thanks!!

Hi Pink,

I also want 1 of the wheel pan
Collection : Kathy will help me to collect from you.

Confirmed:
1. Cat
2. CL
3. 1-0
4. Ixorarred

Wait list:
1. Kathy
2. Pink's coll
3. MDL
4. yewyen
5. Mo2

Thanks Pink & Kathy in advance.

ice lim.. no use butter.. the recipe i trying tonite has butter.. will try n post pix tomolo..

err.. y so many ppl like to make own pineapple? izit really better? muz fry till dry dry anot? will mouldy?

Kendy...cannot fry too dry leh...still need to bake with pastry..cool completely then store in air-tight container then chill, wont get mouldy so fast. Saw ur blog and u mention want to make nian gao! NG must take long time to steam, waste electricity hahaha so i just buy one from outside, going to fry with sweet potato & yam! yummy.....

kendy,
Wait for ur pic n feedback on which 1 is nicer... homemake pineapple sure taste better cos suit to own taste bud. But v siong hor got to keep stir n stir to prevent chao tar?

meow.. no leh.. NG only steam 40mins.. hmm.. thinking make FISH pattern NG.. have the mold i bought to make the jelly mooncake still sitting in shelves..

ice lim.. lol.. i got 3 other recipes to test.. n today's already the 8th.. better not waste time make own pineapple.. still got NG, KB, GPC, KA tarts.. =_= long long list in my blog..

meow meow.. Msia got sell hor.. u mash the sweet potato, yam.. den wrap the NG inside den u fry.. VERY NICE!! lol.. mayb i should start a BP on that..

Peng,
oh tot got to cook under low heat slowly stir till cook .... :p

Kendy,
share the NG recipe leh... me got the yuan bao jelly mould wana make yuan bao NG....

Times seems too short to do so many things leh....

wah peng... u good lah... pineapple jam can do with MW!!
happy.gif

ice... yeah... pineapple jam gotto use low heat and stir stir stir... two objectives, one is to prevent chao tar, the other is to obtain the golden yellow look... because sugar melt and slowly evaporate and become 'caramel' to give the sticky/golden effect!
happy.gif

peng... i want to try the MW pineapple fillings leh... hehehehehe... want to taste taste... :p

peng, KOKz... hahahaha... i don't want to touch pineapples liow... cooked last nite till 'siow' hahahahha... whole house (corridor/block) filled with the pineapple+sugar smell! Pang... but GONG lor...

I want to just EAT yours... hahahahahaha... :p

All the bakes.. yummy... good to see all the CNY goodies popping out.... this yr.. i am not going to do anything... hehe *excuse* oven going to sent in to hospital...

Cooked dinner today... finally the painting of my place done after 11 days...

cooked mung bean ( green bean) soup

2059498.jpg
2059499.jpg

Did herb butter fish in Dan Bao Fan style, pan fied some fish with sambal chilli & fried brocoli

2059500.jpg
2059501.jpg

Hi all! So glad to see this thread. I need help on cupcakes. I find tt my cupcake texture turns hard after I put in the fridge, is this normal?? The texture is fine b4 putting in the fridge. Tks in advance.

Joanne, its a time where our body is trying to make some adjustment, sometimes due to age or other changes which we are unaware, that why cannot sleep. No need pregnant lah. in fact i think pregnant will sleep more.
happy.gif

But at least yr sleepless nites will make you more money. I just stare at the ceiling.
Yr pineapple tarts cheaper than those in mkt. Ok, will help you promote.

Peng, let me knw when you updated the peanuts recipe. Thks. just nw went to buy the garlic peanuts frm Heng Xiang, the HK famous Lao Po Bing. So exp! $4 for a small pack but taste very nice.

Wow nice cookies and pineapple tarts. Good job mummies and keep the CNY mood coming.

Ling
Meals you prepare make me drool. Got do tingkat ???

My turn to share. My creation for my son's birthday today. Credit goes to Pink for helping me with red fondant, Hwee for my cake and my fren for lending me the LE figurine

2060297.jpg

ChickenLittle,
U made the rocket yourself?
My gal love little enstein too...a lot of work isn't?
Where to get the mould?
I wish I could make 1 for my #1 or #2 birthday this year.

CL: WOW super nice cake.. aden must be so happy with your creation. Look very pro.

tingkat??? haha cannot la... that one alots of commitment and work. Won't be enjoying liao.

cat,

can share ur recipe for oxtail stew? thanks.

Have not been here for awhile and so many CNY goodies already!! My boi boi still recovering from flu and became super gluey (with snot and also to me) Can move into another room without him crying. Hope that he fully recover before CNY so that I can whack CNY goodies!!

Eliz...u want to try this recipe...

Honey Corn Flake Crisps

Ingredient
(A)
60gm butter
50ml honey
1 tbsp castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
(B)
100gm corn flakes
100gm groundnuts (roasted)
(C)
3 tbsps white sesame seeds (toasted)

Method
1. Place ingredient (A) in a wok. Turn on low heat, stir till sugar is well dissolved. Turn off heat.
2. Add in (B) an mix evenly. Scattr in (C) and mix again.
3. Spoon into small paper cups. Baked at preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 10mins. Cool well b4 storing.

Back