Cup cakes for birthday

Pink
thanks so much for your macarons. Less then 5 mins all got snapped up!!! Boy still asking for more. After your encouragement I will defintley give it a try again!

Ladies

Happy annivesary!!! Glad to 'know' alll bakers here!!! Still no chance to meet all as yet!!!

I bought the silpat mat. It can fit well into my table top oven which is tecno brand 42l.

Keng,
Order closed liao ah?

I was just thinking of asking someone to start BP on silpat today coz I want to get one for macs. Then today out for interviews.... and just got home. Was so excited reading .... then saw your posting order closed
sad.gif

Yany,
Besides baking, it seems can use silpat mat for fondant, dough & pastry work, reduces flouring.

Can also use for cooling & mixing sushi rice or any messy n sticky baking work.

I have not tried, just read about it. Hope it is true!

keng, yes the siplat mat can be used for rolling fondant, very good. thats why i tot of buying and also for making Macarons (in time to come!)

so are u opeing another batch? can u count me in? jus buy first la, hope can fit in if bend a bit
happy.gif

Keng...aiyoh my msg got virus hur hahaha...no lah just to tell u keep me inform if u open #2 since u mention can use as rolling mat and i thought quite useful also cos i always roll on my dining table :p

Peng,

I only read about it. I am not buying just for that purpose.

Also, the #2 already closed. To start #3 needs 12 mats to make it worthwhile for everyone. I am not sure whether will go ahead or not.

keng,
pls do one more round lah....i was busy baking cake and huat kueh, now then have time to sit down and read the thread...i also want the mat leh..let me know if u change your mind....
happy.gif

Happy anniversary to this thread!!!

pink, thanks for all your patience and guidiance to us. I have learnt a lot from this thread...

maruolin, why u need 2 silpat mat? spare one for me leh...
happy.gif

help appreciated... silicon mat is baked with goodies on shiny side or matte side.... OR ... is there a time to use one of the side for specific bakes; like eg. macs on matt, cookies on shiny etc.? thanks.

kak zainab,
thks for your kind words.
hope you enjoy this thread ! ok, will post as much as possible......
happy.gif
takecare!

yany,
hahaha! messy girl is very messy like u? hahha!
the cracked egg? yolk use MMF, egg white use jelly
happy.gif

for MMF, you HAVE TO sift the icing sugar wor...
knead 1 hrs is too long liao.... how is the texture? not suppose to be too long leh... 30mnts is the maximum.

snowbelle,
fondant figurine, depend on what you wanna make. if those tiny turtle lah, fish lah etc etc, you can prepare it ahead. one week shd be no problem.
once it dry out, keep inside container and avoid direct sunlight.
macarons, easy to prepared, however, the result is very unpredectable, it's the most mischievous cookies i've handled. perhaps i'm not skillful enuf? if you see aunty yo, or chef veron, or pierre herme, or other chef, how easy for them
happy.gif

i'm too amateur to comment abt macarons.
i can only share my experience & knowledge
happy.gif

go ahead and try..... you'll addicted to bake it.. haha!

maruolin,
thks for your kind words
happy.gif

u sure u want my fat fingers? later when your hubby hold your hand, will "hiam" how come so fat ? :p
hahaha! another PINK thingy u didn't notice? is the hair clip.....
and the cabinet, made from cake, size is abt 8 inches leh.

icegoh,
macs recipe is available at my blogspot, i'm using mine, the sugar content is slightly lesser than AY.
however, as a start, perhaps you can use AY recipe, u can reduce the sugar amount when you have the feel and comfortable with the texture.
sugar really matters for macarons, it helps to sustained and hold the texture so that it will not be too runny.

R11,
dun wait anymore! try and try and try!
i never coount my failed macs, coz it's not worth to count ! let's count our success
happy.gif

cat,
no sure the silicon mat u have and mine is the same. i bot it from KC.
to me, both side are matte side, no shiny side for me, perhaps my eyes no good liao.
one thing for sure, DON'T USE the side which have those tiny emboss oval shape.
use the flat side.

maya & hammy_yaya,
glad you all enjoying this thread....
happy.gif

lynzi,
tat hour, me oso at sunlik wor.....
did u see long hair, fat and wearing pink spec lady? tats me
happy.gif

why so "malu"? no bringing everything oso can join us mah...... next time, pls do not hesitate ya?

dior,
the cupcake stand centre, i made my self. i can lend it to you if you want. can come to tampines?
i don't have your contact, u can pm me
happy.gif

ah yes, A WAITING for your rainbow layer kue recipe wor.... we all so addicted.
i ate one pc at chicken rice store, then bring back one, my girl said "thumbs up" !

katherine,
u hv mail, pls check
happy.gif
thks for your patient

kathy,
ya lor, how time flies ! we know each other for one year liao!
since u like the "softer" type of macs, i'll bake it for tis saturday
happy.gif

sharon,
rose & passion fruits? i ate it before.... nice hor?
me long way to go to achieve it..... i better master out the chocolate , green tea flavour, then can step in to other liao....

iadji,
hope u enjoy tis thread ! pls do not hesitate to share with us
happy.gif

fatmum,
you most welcome! tat macs is slightly over bake, i think over bake for 2mnts.... if not overbake, then would be nicer.
yes, take the courage and let's practice again !

i know how trauma and stress it is when you failed the macs.
especially if your failing rate higher then success rate.
it's happend to me before, i stopped for abt 4 mths, but pick up my courage and do it again after i saw many beautiful macs, especially when i got supply from AY.. haha!
my kids use to challanged me tat time, they keep saying: mummy, come on, do macs again, u see how beautiful and yummy is aunty yo macs...

so.... for those who hv tried and have a "not good" result, lets pick up the courage and fight with macs, not to worry, i'll advise and share my knowledge as possible as i can.

ERON,
you most welcome !
thks for your kind words.....
i'm glad you can learn many things from this thread, actually, not only you, my self oso learn many things from here.
happy.gif

jus hope that other mommies oso learn many things from here as well.

ah yes,
KENG,
thks for slot me in for the silpat mat.
it's damn worth buy!
somemore, it's a very good brand ! shermay cooking sch sell 49+
u have help us to save atleast $20 leh....

Keng...no prob if u not organising another one :D

Catika...i am using the shining side of my silicon mat..

my 2nd attempt on macarons...using AY recipe I 1/2 the recipe reduce the sugar my cookie becomes fat n chewy but still no feet...

1818977.jpg

Keng,
Yah the small size mat is really small, like cannot put a lot of things on top. Saw Fatmum's post that the big silpat mat can fit techno 42L, so happy coz my oven is the same as hers. Think I can order the big one already ....shall organise a purchase here. Recycling some of your text, hope you don't mind....

Hi All,
(open to forumers here only).

I am also getting the silpat mat from amazon.com. They are having a 4-for-3 promotion (offer good while stock last).

Minimum order size: 4 mats
Maximum order size: 8 mats
To benefit from the promotion, I will order in multiples of 4. That is, if there are order for 5 mats, then I will not be able to order for the last person.

The exchange rate is 1.52 (will adjust subsequently based on the actual credit card rate). Collection by mail (normal or registered) or meetup during weekday lunch time at Raffles Pl or Tanjong Pagar mrt stations or buildings in shenton way area only.

International shipper: Comgateway.

I will collect the cost of silpat mat first and collect the international shipping charges later. The shipping charges will be dividend equally by the total number of mats ordered.

Please activate your pm. I will pm my bank details to you once we are able to reach the minimum order size. I reserve the right to cancel the purchase.

Please join me only if you are comfortable with the above terms. Thank you for your understanding.

http://www.amazon.com/Silpat-2-Inch-Nonstick-Silicone-Baking/dp/B00008T960/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1224722470&sr=1-1

Price Calculation is as follows:
Price in SGD per mat: [(US$18.49 x 3)/4] x 1.52 = S$21.07
1. cookiepie

Hi All,

I am also getting the silpat mat from amazon.com. They are having a 4-for-3 promotion (offer good while stock last).

To benefit from the promotion, I will order in multiples of 4. That is, if there are order for 5 mats, then I will not be able to order for the last person.

The exchange rate is 1.52 (will adjust subsequently based on the actual credit card rate). Collection by mail (normal or registered) or meetup during weekday lunch time at Raffles Pl or Tanjong Pagar mrt stations or buildings in shenton way area only.

I will collect the cost of silpat mat first and collect the international shipping charges later. The shipping charges will be dividend equally by the total number of mats ordered.

Please activate your pm. I will pm my bank details to you once we are able to reach the minimum order size. I reserve the right to cancel the purchase.

Please join me only if you are comfortable with the above terms. Thank you for your understanding.

http://www.amazon.com/Silpat-2-Inch-Nonstick-Silicone-Baking/dp/B00008T960/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1224722470&sr=1-1

1. cookiepie
2. Peng

Hi All,

1. cookiepie
2. Peng
3. Tulip

here are some info for macs:

my pink macs, OVER RESTED, i think is around 5hrs?
when after resting for abt 25mnts, i do the finger test, macs still stick to my finger. so i tot ok, leave it for awhile.... then i forgot and.... after long rest, the texture TURN to super sticky, more sticky than the 25mnts rest !
no choice, i still have to bake it lor, here it is:
1819363.jpg

this is the botak strawberry macs:
1819364.jpg

and the below is chocolate macs, rest about 35mnts.
however, it's totally depend on the texture, right texture go oven: got feet, if not, botak.
i believe weather play a part as well.
so... don't be surprise if next time when i post chocolate macs picture, i stated different resting time.
what u all can do is, try to catch the texture.

even when i use same temperature and same timing to bake macs, the result might be difference.
sometime i'll feel over baked, some time i feel under bake.

unfortunetly, i can't tell is it over bake or underbake DURING baking time. the shell will looks the same ! till it cool down and i turn the macs to see the butt, then will now.
perhaps i'm still in learning stage, if u ask AY or other chef, they might give u the accurate ans.
1819365.jpg

this is the silicon mat surface that i'm using, the flat one without emboss tiny oval shape:
1819366.jpg

and this is the surface that I said DON'T USE:
1819367.jpg

to me, both surface is matte, no shining at all.

Hi All,

http://www.amazon.com/Silpat-2-Inch...p;s=home-garden&qid=1224722470&sr=1-1

1. cookiepie
2. Peng
3. Tulip
4. mdl x 2

cookiepie
I bought mine from KC that time they selling US$19.90 the bulk of the shipping is because the organiser uses vpost and they used very big box. I jst went to dig the receipt to be exact its $35.52.

blur
I placed it on the baking rack. SO far i only use it for my failed macarons ha...ha...

<font color="aa00aa">PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
err...were u with a boy that day?
cos i saw got 1 lady with her son.
ehy...pm me lei...
wana order thomas cupcakes from u!!!</font>

Hi All,

http://www.amazon.com/Silpat-2-Inch-Nonstick-Silicone-Baking/dp/B00008T960/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&amp;s=home-garden&amp;qid=1224722470&amp;sr=1-1

1. cookiepie
2. Peng
3. Tulip
4. mdl x 2
5. Kathy

Posting onbehalf maurolin

Hi All,

http://www.amazon.com/Silpat-2-Inch-Nonstick-Silicone-Baking/dp/B00008T960/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&amp;s=home-garden&amp;qid=1224722470&amp;sr=1-1

1. cookiepie
2. Peng
3. Tulip
4. mdl
5. mdl
6. kathy
7. maurolin
8. maurolin

Mdl,
I will take over your 1 pc.

Please note I have organised this in good faith and already paid for it. Amazon has advised that delivery to Borderlinx is on 28 Oct.

All cost will be divided as charged.

Order confirmed for:
1. Keng,
2. Pink,
3. Mdl - Keng will take over this.
4. Hammy-yaya,
5. Yew Yan
6. Yew Yan - friend.
7. Lim,
8. Dearie,
9. Maruolin,
10. Maruolin (2nd pc)
11. Imelda Adji,
12. Yany.

Looking forward to receiving the Silpat mat and happy baking to all!

Hi Mira,
I have placed the order. Cookiepie has started one. Perhaps u could join hers?

Fatmum,
I am glad to read your posting. Went to measure my belling and realised it coud actual fit abeit with a slight curve.

Amended, total for my order is 4 qty. thks

Hi All,

1. cookiepie
2. Peng
3. Tulip
4. mdl
5. mdl
6. kathy
7. mdl - fren
8. mdl - fren

wow..... silpat mat really into fashion hor? haha!

blurqu33n (blurqu33n),
beside macarons, silpat mat can use to bake anything like: bun, cookies, puff etc.
ofcourse the most useful is for macarons, the "butt" result totally diff.

the silpat, can put on top of baking tray.
see the below pic:
1819579.jpg

wah, Mdl,
u r going to open cookies shop? where is it? 4 silpat?
happy.gif
kekeke!
joke only ya? dun get offended leh....

lynzi (lynzi1606),
tat day i alone only lah..... perhaps i'm not fat enuf? tats why u didnt see me? :p

here is my past few days "fruits":
1819599.jpg

for adult:
1819600.jpg

thks for viewing !

sorry pardon my typo....

cos i did indicate my interest this morning if anyone helping to get the mat pls add my name in...then come bk a while all slots taken again ....

pink,
hahah..no la.. to me, one is always not enuff LOL. Helping a friend to tobang oso, she's a silent reader in this forum mah..^^

Many Many Thks for ur cake leh...Seeing my two kids so excited over e "EXTRAORDINARY" cake..me really happy lor..
kao_happy.gif

Muuakkk Muuakk to u for keeping me in ur mind ' so touch by ur offering, ai shi ni le..kekeke
kao_blush.gif

<font color="aa00aa">pink,
did u see any small gerl in green top?
if u do then that's me...hehehe...
btw i have replied your pm!!!</font>

Back