Cup cakes for birthday

Hi mummies,

Can I ask if using silicon baking pan - do you need to grease the pan? Is baking time same as normal pan?

Thanks in advance.

peng, i also want to eat yr cake!!! i just want 1 slice... it looks so muddy and yummy!!! eat with 1 scoope of ice-cream~~~ yummy!!! where u stay?? i get from u today after work!! whahaha

i stay at hougang.. i dont mind le.. whahaha..

but today i'm going to bukit batok to see my daughter le.. can save till tomorrow?? tomorrow i meet u at punggol MRT can??

our lunch today... prawn noodle...

I always use spaghetti to subst. other noodles as it will not turn soft when soaked as well as healthier!

Luckily got ingredients in my fridge to whip up boy's request!
happy.gif

Ingredients and stock - cooked for about 1.5 hours...

1794437.jpg
1794438.jpg

Serving ah boy and... Ta-Da... his lunch!!!

1794439.jpg
1794440.jpg

Verdict: Wah mummy... taste very nice and real (aka authentic) leh... *i grin grin grin*
happy.gif

Juz done some 'red rubies' ... followed Lim's instructions via phone... hahahaha... still can lah!
happy.gif

Now waiting for it to cool down and dump all into one pot and put into fridge... dessert tonite!
happy.gif

Ingredients used and Floured rubies

1794450.jpg
1794451.jpg

1 min cooktime versus 9 mins cooktime

1794452.jpg
1794453.jpg

Dumped into COLD water and soaking in cold water

1794454.jpg
1794455.jpg

Rubies close up and waiting for syrup to cool and dump all into one pot to store...
happy.gif

1794456.jpg
1794457.jpg

cat, yr prawn noodles look so much like what its selling outside.. reminds me of a stall at hong lim centre.. that stall super yummy!

my workplace is in between chinatown and clarke quay.. hehehe...

i knock off at 530pm.. what time u leaving? YUMMY~~~

peng, thanks! emailed u back my no already.. so tomorrow i got yummy!!! hehehe.. if u bake more tonite, pass to me also.. whahaha..

its been such a long time since i bake and cook..

hmm... how to go alexandra?? i only know MRT tracks.. dont know how to take bus.. whahha..

i want yr prawn noodles!

i got peng's chocolate cake already.. so i need a main dish.. whahah

schedule for peng tomorrow is to travel along tracks! hehe..

peng, maybe reserve 1 more slice for dearie. i sms-ed her if she wants ornot.. she stays very near to me so i can pass to her..

Catika...ur hse where got near mrt? ur prawn noodle soup looks yummy, did u add pork ribs to stew the soup also?

CL...hahaha noted! sometimes i also go raffles city shopping with my boy :p

peng, do i need to bring tupperware?? since u r going to deliver to so many places, enough tupperware? i dont mind bringing my own..

Cat..wish I could cook like that..no need to travel all the way to Hong Lim Market. Btw anyone know which store there is the real "McCoy"? There are so many prawns mee stores there.

Hi baking mummies

Seldom post here... juz a silent reader oli. I've got an unopened packet (250 gm) of Bakeway cocoa powder from Phoon Huat to give away. Expiry date is 30 Oct 08. Bought it in Apr 08 intendg 2 practise wat I've learned in Pink's video on donuts in her blog. Bt my DD has been takg up a lot of my time & by the time she slps ervy nite, it's 10pm liao. I oso too tired 2 bake after tat. I've kept the powder in a lock & lock container in my cabinet all these while. I can meet interested mummy at sengkang, upp thomson or bukit merah. I can spilt the powder up in2 smaller portions if more than 1 mummy r interested.

I oso hv an unopened 1kg block of Selbourne coatg chocolates to give away. Bought it at the same time as the powder & for the same reasoning too.

Peng, I want too...i stay in SK. :D kekekeke...

Cat,
next time u cook big meal with yummy dessert hor...give hamster a call lah...I work so near..wont mind popping by..hee hee he...

dinner had lotus soup and belanchan kan-kong and eggs... very simple... after dinner had this cooling red rubies dessert... i added honey longan into it... sedap!
happy.gif

on top of this, ah lau ALSO had his fantansy realised... chocolatey cake with ice cream BUT NO chocolate sauce... hahahahahhaha

1795056.jpg

Cat / Lim
can share red rubies recipes. Thanks in advance

Js Mum
Not baking anything jst browsing the pc. (",)

Peng, I will start using emborg now..hee.... think the bigger packs are more worth it. Yup, evaporated milk tends to curdle abit. I tried using full cream and the normal ones.... only the full cream pasta tasted decent. The normal evaporated milk really weird!

Actually I also have a blog but not a food blog. But I do post the pics of the bentos I made and food I cooked and even meals I had outside. Mostly my personal rantings and pics too. But I have quite a big list of food blog links on my blog. Those who want to cook or bake can check out the links. My blog addy: www.sumbebejo.blogspot.com

HI all,
what's the topic now?
i think i've lost many steps to grab angel_baby solid chocolate?
happy.gif

fatmum,
thks for your kind words. tell you hor, your yoghurt cake...... YUMMY leh....
my helper said can't stop eating it.
i saw your recipe and faster soaked raisin with rum.. instead of water... soaked only couples minutes ago. hope can bake it 2moro.

R11,
no wonder i saw giraffe when i pass by simei? hahaha! juz kidding!
hm... sunday class very difficult to arrange leh. some more fondant tiers cake need long hours, need 2 lessons oso. each lesson can dragged to atleast 5hrs leh.
i try my best to arrange the timing again.
week day you want? afternoon, perhaps 2Pm.

1-0,
candy house very beautiful, trust must be very yummy.

S@L,
1st time baking whole cake & proper cake, very very good liao leh..... you havn't see my 1st cake! hahaha!

angel_baby,
how is dana? is she feeling better? u oso gotta takecare, if u sick, no one takecare dana wor.

sharon,
me oso loves PENG's cooking lah.. always make us drool. haha

Celia,
perhaps u can start with muffin? then follow by buttercake....
if u looking for recipe, go to aunty yochana website, there got plenty recipes.
happy baking !

kak zainab,
for this moment i hvn't decide which date to have workshop. very tired leh... haha!
if i've, then will e-mail you ....

little orbit,
you may go to my blog: http://myhumblearts.blogspot.com
but hor, still have one or two design haven't upload
embarrassed.gif
but 90% is there lah. i usually base on reguest.

Joanne,
your questions too general wor.
can more specific then i can advise you which nozzel to use.
i.e, rose swirl buttercream can use Wilton 2D.
grass i use wilton 233.
writing cupcake use wilton#2
writing big cake use wilton#3
leaf i use wilton#67
small shell use wilton#16
medium shell use wilton#18
big shell use wilton#32
normal swirl use wilton# 2C
BIG rose#127
small rose#101, 103, 104

these are all number i'm familiar with. i still have some more piping tips, but not common use, it's more for advance and royal icing flowers
happy.gif

hammy_yaya,
your aunty's bday cake looks good, what is it in the ctr? issit fondant with ribbon rose?
happy.gif

PENG,
i oso want goodies leh! i want i want i want!

shers,
i dunno u interested in my workshop wor, coz i only sent e-mail to those who PM or e-mail me, or my previous class attendance leh...
if you interested, perhaps can e-mail me your contact.
i probably will open workshop again early nov, or early dec'08. haven't decide the date.

ah yes, i've appoitment at CITIHALL next tuesday, 21 Oct'08.
if you all wanna meet (lunch time), pls list down your name so that i can prepare and ensure everyone hv macs.
happy.gif

my "fruits" :
design requested by a wife who wanna give surprise for her husband.... very romantic hor?
1795647.jpg

1795648.jpg

use melted white chocolate to make the heart shape
1795649.jpg

1795650.jpg

1795651.jpg

thks for viewing !

pink... when will u be doing macs? ... can i go view??? want to see real-life action... that time say can view fondant till now become course liow... hehehehe...

can steal a look at how u do macs? anytime/anyday...
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Pink</font>
Wah, the wife so romantic, count down to anniversary some more. So sweet.
I like your piggy! So cute!

Dear Peng, Thanks for your receipe of the chicken dish....Can I don't put the wine?

The Cream: Emborg diary whipping cream is a brand. If not how to do it...
Sorry I hardly cook....alway buy the instant one. Now trying to learn since so many "Si Fu" here.

Shers,
The Part time cleaner. Let me check with my husband. Thanks.

Pink,
Very nice cupcake....

Wow this thread got so many thing to learn...

Back