Cost to hire a FDW (maid)

I agree with your cost.

We need more source countries to counter attacks from Indonesia and Philippines embassy.

Pay S$400/mth or $450 and live-in costs for inexperience maids, really thought sporeans have gold for them to dig?? They thought we have money to spare to hire princesses?

We must be united and let MOM know many employers living in miseries due to MOM's pro-maid, pro-embassy and pro-agencies policies.

We have no official organisation or minister to stand up for us, do we deserved to be so badly treated by our own govt?

Most full-time women hiring fdws to free our hands so that we can concentrate on our jobs, spend quality time with kids! Can't imagine 2013 when off days are implemented, chaos and we become maids, working machines (non-stop, worked longer than our FDWs), can't even strike a balance between work-personal life-family.

Should we continue to pay levy??

No. Esp when maid r employ to take care of kids n old parents. Y r gov sucking us dry? We shld unite to stop paying levy.

how nice if levy is waived for those who really need a maid.

Those people who can afford to hire 2 maids in the same house are not just rich but are the ones who should pay double levy.... cover our share so MOM minimises it's losses.

To allow local full-time working female employers have a fair market price, expatriates aka those holding work permits and dependent passes should not be allowed to hire FDWs.

Angry bees

Some tat hire 2 maids doesn't mean they r rich. Some its a need. Eg: look aft bedridden old folks n the oth maid to look aft kids n hsework.

Mom shld justify y they nd to collect levy.

Gov wan more kids but they r making lifes difficult for ppl.

hi can i know how you all interview the maid?
by video call or just telephone interview?

how to know the maid is the person over the end?

Our govt, left pocket out, right pocket in.

They want to improve the TFR, dream on!

Take for example, you give us 6 days childcare leave regardless of how many kids we have, but on the other hand MCYS allow the childcare centre to close for 5.5 days on working days.

?????? Make sense?

Increase population to 6.9M ... with such a competitive, over-croweded, stressful environment, Singaporeans are mostly thinking to migrate and not produce babies.

juz for your info...

1 yr plus ago...the agency fee range is between300-500.

recently i wento chk, the agency fee become 1200-1600 bucks!!!! 3 -4 times more!!!

y?

because now the indonesia govt clever liao. last time the maid will take the maid loan diretly from agency, watever is the loan is profit to agency. now with the new implementation that the maids have to take bank loan, the agencies earn less cos the bank snatch their profits away.

i wonder if there is any govt agency tat ctrl the setting of agency fees...hw can they happy happy shoot up 4 times the price!!!!!

Back