Cooking Tips & Recipe

Van,
Thanks for website.

Yep, I finally bought my wok!
happy.gif

And very happy cos now my fried beehoon and fried rice won't "overflow" out of the pan when I fry them!
My hubby was more excited about the wok than me! He was the one who seasoned it - no idea what he did to it... I think boil water then throw away water then put oil then dunno-what
wink.gif

Think I will follow your advice and buy the small Thermos pot esp. now around CNY got sale. But that day went to Parkway Parade Isetan didn't see any small Thermos pot. Or maybe I was just blur.

Krisjoy,
Van is right - don't buy those woks with non-stick coating cos the coating will eventually come off, then dunno toxic or not!
Thanks for Neo Garden info on discount
happy.gif
and on ang ku kuehs.
Which Daiso you going to this Sunday? The Vivo one?

lyn,
Yeah, keep your pressure cooker - they're fantastic for cooking beans! I was actually tempted to buy a small one to cook beans too, cos can cook it so fast!
Heee, tell your MIL they're expensive, but in a few months' time, your smaller electricity bill will breakeven the price of the pot liao!

B2B3M4,
Welcome!
I think La Gourmet is a Malaysian brand, that's why cheaper. Cos my hubby is like a kaypoh auntie, went around Taka chatting up the promoters.
Tiger is from Japan, and Thermos, originally from many years ago was European, now dunno whether still European or bought over by American or Japanese. Endo is Made is Taiwan.

Choc here uses La Gourmet - never heard her complain before leh.
Me Van & LittleCat use Tiger - you can wait for sale cos then the 5.2L goes for $199 and they give free small stuff like knives or a small 1.8L Endo pot.
lyn just bought the Thermos, but I don't think it's that small? Cos I saw from Robinsons flyer that the capacity is 4+ or close to 5L right?
How many people you have in your family?
btw, Endo not very good... hubby says they use foam tehcnology instead of vacuum, and this foam in my small Endo pot expands after a few uses, then pushes/split the plastic outside open.

cookiemonster,
Thanks for Arm & Hammer info. If I go visit my MIL this weekend, I may drop by 10-mile-junction then!
Thanks for the advanced well-wishes too
happy.gif

Sophie,
I'll be going to the one at IMM. Heard that Vivo is very crowded during weekends so I try to avoid now that baby is tagging along...

I kept forgeting to upload the pics of my gal...will do it tonite..hehehe..

Krisjoy,
There's a "Wanchai" Hong Kong place outside Daiso's cashier exit, food is cheap and not bad.
The wonton is quite big, and the "zhong fan" (I had chicken and mushroom) is not bad.
I see lots of people order the fried chicken wings too, but looks a bit oily to me.

The last time I was there on a weekday, the eatery was perpetually crowded from 5-8pm!

Sophie,
Yes, I hv tried that place. I went there on the nite when I was due to check-in for induction.
Told hubby that I want to eat out before the confinement starts..hehe. I ate the pork ribs baked rice which I find nicer than Hong Kong cafe at Upper Thomson. Price is also cheaper. The milk tea is also quite good. Maybe that's why it is always packed to the gills.

hi ladies,
I've added 2 more pics of my gal in the Yahoo group...can take a look if you are free. Gd nite everyone and have a good nite rest
happy.gif

Good morning ladies....

Yesterday I'm super moody and upset. Just bought one quilt cover and was blown away by the cruel wind. My maid and I tried so hard to find but can't and is impossible so we presume must be landed to someone stick and they keep it. I'm so upset because is the last piece, discontinue, the material is so soft, silk saten and I like the colour so much,some more 60% disc!! Went to another departmental store, the promoter told me is the old model and already no more stock, say that is lucky that I found one. She also say that the material is very good, haiz....

sophie, you bought supor wok!! How is it? I notice that If added oil on high fire to stir fry garlic it tend to stick the wok but my maid use medium fire and it doesn't.

About the coke pork rib, some recipe added Char Siew Sauce but I did not. Just marinate the pork with coke and the sauce will be dark soy sauce, soy sauce,lemon juice,coke and some ginger. I don't really like it cos it taste more like soy sauce pork rib. But with char siew sauce maybe it will be better or turn out to be char siew sauce pork rib hee...

Wah..... 8 more days to go to see your princess. Try to eat the food you like, take lotsa sleep before give birth. You'll probably don't have the time for here and will miss you alot, think same to the rest too...

Krisjoy, just went to have a look at your dd, so cute......and the last pic look so chubby. I always like to look at baby gals clothing, very nice and lotsa design unlike the boys, their design look almost the same and design are quite boring. I liked your dd tops too...

Kris,
Happy Shopping at IMM Daiso! I am sure you will enjoy it!

The promoter at Tangs does the "seasoning" of new wok for customers. Can't remember is it heat up first then wipe oil or wipe oil first then heat.Leave overnight afterthat then wash away the oil...

Your dd looks qutie different now...and very chubby. Very soon you will be busy buying all the pretty clothes for her to doll her up liao.

674969.gif

Sophie,
Thermos didn't have sale that often.Even the other time, it's only at Isetan Parkway,couldn't find that model at Scotts.Joy reserved the thermal pot for me then I went Parkway to pick up.

I was aware of their sale before cos the their promoter told me a about it two months before the sale.

B2B3M4,
I would suggest getting Tiger or Thermos,but wait for sale.Yi4 Fen1 Qian2 Yi4 Fen1 Huo4 when comes to buying thermal pot. Though I do feel that they have overpriced the pot, may be that's why they always have sale, to bring down the prices to a more reasonable level? Especially Tiger,always have sale at Taka.

Thermos promoter told me they "sub" out their production line to Tiger...so I supposed both should be equally good?!

I have a 5.2L Tiger with extra 3L inner pot and 2.5L La Gourmet.

For Tiger or Themos, after say 3 hours, can still see smoke coming out,where as cheaper brand like La Gourmet, you don't see so much smoke coming out, I usally have to re-heat on stove every two hour for La Gourmet one.

As for which size to buy, it really depends on how many people you are cooking for.

For a family of 3, I find my 5.2L rather big, but the problem is solved when I got an extra 3/3.5(don't knw exact capacity) inner pot at $20+.

LittleCat has a 4.5L Tiger, Choc's 6L LG and Lyn's 4.5L Thermos .All the others bought 5.2L during Taka Sale if I remember correctly.

It's true that you have to fill the pot up to certain level.The promoter mentioned at least half to 2/3,but not more than 80% full.

cookie,
I've already emailed you.

Which part of Bt Batok is Jia Yuan located? I go to the Zi Char (think the name is Min Zhen Yuan) at blk 279, and blk 154(not sure the exact block) regularly for more than 10 years liaoz..Both are under the same boss. They also have other branches,one of them is at Sengkang.

lyn,
re: wok
may not be a good idea to get WMF wok compared to those seasoned kind... Those silver stainless steel kind tends to heat up very fast n sticks easily. If u do those Chinese cooking where u need a hot wok to do stir fry. i feel it heats up too fast n burns easily. i still prefer those black, thicker wok.

The Thermos pot u brough. Wat size is it n how much??? Bcos when i check it out, i tot it seems much smaller than the Tiger one i wanted to get.

Sophie,
There are 4 people in my family. Hb, me, 8 mth baby n a 3yo tod. so far depends alot on my slow cooker n pressure cooker to cook the food. Either waste alot of electricity or needs alot of watching. I'm a FTWM, so thinking of buying a Thermal pot to prepare food in the morning b4 i go to work.

Re: Coke pork ribs
There's a Filipino dish whereby they put Sprite or 7-Up n cook with prawns. Taste not bad too.

Sophie,
7 days more to hug baby in your arms
happy.gif

B2B3M4,
Oh, I see... the seal is not expensive
happy.gif
My pressure cooker is only 1 year plus, and it's already leaking like mad. Not only from the sides, and also from the top where the steam comes out also got lots of steam. I dun have much time to clean the steam on the kitchen tiles now, so need something that's fuss free, and mess free
happy.gif
Now very tempted to get another small thermal pot for cooking baby's food.

Van,
For the thermal pot, we need to fill it up to at least half ah? My pot is quite big at 4.5L. hmm... did not consider that when I buy.
I have received your email. Can send me the other parts of the recipe please? Thank you very much for sharing with me
happy.gif
It's very useful...

sophie,
When I cook red bean or green bean soup, I had to clean up a mess.. Cos got red bean or green bean on top and on stove.
I am very conscious of my MIL thinking that I am spending lots of my hubby's money. Though my hubby agrees that I am very low maintenance already, but my MIL might think otherwise :p

The Thermos I got is 4.5L.

Van,
We can get a smaller inner pot and use the big outer pot? Where can we buy the smaller inner pot?
For Thermos, on Monday, when I boiled soup, I open and close a few times to scoop out the soup. Then cannot finish and kept it close. Next morning, still warm... I was pretty impressed.

B2B3M4,
Oh stainless steel one no good ah... Ok, then I wun buy that
happy.gif

Mine is 4.5L, $199 from Robinsons. It's member's price.
I think slow cooker use a lot of electricity. I have two brand new slow cooker, now collect dust already...

Sophie,
Sorry I might have missed your previous posts.. Which wok did you get?

annlee,
The wind is indeed very strong these few days. Gotta "giap" the clothings properly leh... I dare not hang out the bedsheets also, cos the wind is too strong.

So many interesting postings on pots and Coke recipes... will post this evening!

Going for gynae appointment now then fatten up with lunch then the afternoon teabreak at Crystal Jade!
biggrin.gif

lyn,
I got the Supor 34cm anodised wok from Taka - sold at $65.
They have 36cm but base is wider and flatter which I don't like cos afraid have to use more oil. The 36cm also comes with glass lid so you can see what's cooking inside, but I find glass lid too heavy and cumbersome.
Promoter does not season for you, but there is an instruction sheet which should be quite easy cos my hubby did that.

annlee and Van,
Thanks for your compliments!

annlee,
Sorry to hear about your quilt! Can understand that it is very sim-tia...Have u considered getting a silk quilt? I bought one from Suzhou last year and it is quite cooling and soft...

Van,
You reminded me that I actually have an article from Simply Her that teaches how to season a wok using oil. Will need to dig out that issue and 'yan-jiu'...

Sophie,
I like the afternoon tea from Crystal Jade too. I ordered their pork-cubes noodles the last time. While the noodles and soup were good, the pork cubes tasted exactly like what we get from the canned ones. The po-lo buns and milk tea are my favourites too!

Krisjoy,
Don't need to dig out and Yan Jiu lah...some promoters will do for you...if not the instuction booklet that comes with the wok will also teach...don't waste time yah-jiu lah...spend more time shopping better...
675160.gif

lyn,
Not sure about Thermos...may be you ask the promoter whether they can order extra inner pot for you?

Tiger does sell inner pot.Last Taka sale,when Starz got hers, they were giving away free extra inner pot.I bought during that time.

Hey, if you leave the soup in the pot for too long, or overnight,did you re-boil them before consuming...If kept for more than 8 hrs,it's a must to re-heat.

annlee,
oh no... you must be very sim-tia! such a big piece flew away, must have been kept by someone already.Next few days, you check out others window and see any one hanging out to dry? Not that you have chance to get it back...but at least u knw who took it, may be feel better?

Hi everyone,
Me new!
kao_biggrin.gif

I love food and like cooking. But as a vegetarian the variety is much lesser. Hope to get some good tips here!

WELCOME Nancy!!!
Oh....vegetarian food!! Maybe you can share some nice one with us...

B2B3M4, I got my thermopot from OG and is quite cheap. Is not as good as Tiger but is ok for me. It can warm the food for 6 hrs, stays hot maybe 3 hrs. Like what van said Yi4 Fen1 Qian2 Yi4 Fen1 Huo4, so if you're looking for thermopot that heat can last longer then shld go for better one like Tiger.

lyn, I giap my quilt cover properly and uses many clips on it but still can't beat the wind, haiz.....

Van, very sim tia....in fact im trying to look out to see who took it but my hb stop me and says if I insist to look out, he'll buy more insurance for me hee.... actually is difficult to view as the wall below block my view unless my half body is out of the wall to have better view and that's why my hb make the insurance remarks lor....

krisjoy, I think we got the same quilt. My sister bought one for me in suzhou and says is the best in china. I remember she mention is not cheap. But luckily what I lost is not the quilt. How do you do the cleaning for your quilt? Dry clean?

Van,
Thanks for the info. I suay-ku lah, this is my first time buying a wok ;p

annlee,
my colleague told me not to wash the quilt as it will kill the silk. She said only to sun-dry it for 10 mins as any longer the heat will destroy the silk. She also said the quilt is known to last 15 years and can prevent arthritis. I hv not used it yet, intend to use it when I move.

Van,
Yap, I did reboil. I dare not drink overnite soup without reboiling...

Nancy,
Welcome
happy.gif
I am also into vegetarian cooking
happy.gif
Not easy cos not used to it yet.

annlee,
Very dangerous to look out of the window... Your life is more worth than the quilt cover
happy.gif

KrisJoy,
You moving house? When? Where to? Moving house is very exciting though tiring...
happy.gif

Van,
Wah... the pictures in the blog is making me hungry... So beautiful to eat... kekeke... Thank you for sharing... I think I gonna pack food out soon cos dun want my son to eat outside food.

hi lyn,
me moving to Admiralty (behind MRT station) in Mar...need to buy everything from scratch as most things currently belong to MIL...

Van,
I saw the blog liao...Wow, so professional looking than those sold commercially. Really need a lot of patience and interest to do this everyday ;p

Van, the bento looks so good...thanks for sharing

krisjoy, yah...I was told to air blow the quilt and cannot expose to sunlight. Maybe 10 mins shld be ok. Just came back from Raffles city and coincidentally saw some selling Suzhou quilt over there.

Sophie, I remembered both of my last day of pregnancy I went to Crystal Jade and had xiao long bao.

Van,

You've got any lobang for Hello Kitty stationery, stationery holder, file holder etc?Been to Kai Kai and it's pretty limited there.I want to create a HK or Chococat or Nyanko Cat workspace.

Ambrosial,
no leh...HK stationery still Sanrio at Taka has the most. But limited stationery holder and file holder. My 1 and only HK stationery holder (kept for Ber's new study desk) was bt from Taipei in 2005,and only saw them at Taka last year,also 1 and only design here.

Bangkok,Hong Kong and Taipei have a lot. If you plan to go or know of someone going then can check it out.

Chococat and Nyanko cat also can huh?...mmm.... you really love cats alot !

BTW, the HK shop at Yew Tee changed a lot, all the small HK and Cats purses are gone and the rack at the wall replaced with HK handbags/totes.

hi everyone,

need help with kid's recipe... my DD is primary 1 this year... she wants me to prepare lunchbox for her... currently, i am giving her either bread/biscuits/cookies n fruits for lunchbox..

i have run out of ideas... want to be a bit more creative... anyone can help me?
sad.gif

but i have a problem cos my DD is in pm session n i am A FTWM... so the things i prepared will only be consumed at least half day later...

please advise. TIA

Van,

Yup, I'm obsessed with cats.My weekends are spent doing cat related stuff as well
happy.gif

Taka...Okay will go down with my hub and shop for my vday present heeee
proud.gif

I have a friend going taipei this month.HK there cheaper than in spore?

Yew Tee HK shop is stocking up/making way for CNY stuff..they'll be bringing in lotsa HK again after CNY i think.

Ambrosial
Kitty Palace at Novea Sq also has some stationery like scissors,scotch tape dispenser,stapler etc...can also check them out.

Taipei's HK are not cheap,but a lot of varieties.

Van,

Ok,I'll ask my gf to get just the stationery holder in taipei, and everything else i'll source in spore.

Kitty Palace at Novena SQ so cool ah...Kitty Palace at CWP only sells HK tissue box and nohohon.

Ambrosial,

When I have time,I'll take photo of my HK stationery holder,it's now sold in Taka.

Also check out the MORE THAN WORDS in Lot 1...they have some HK stuff...

Hi gals,

Long time no yak.. My hb not in town again
sad.gif
Doing everything all by myself !And my dear didi has been fussing to be carried all the time..

soph/annlee,
My sis just bought a pc of jin hua huo tui for me this wk.. she bought from bugis, a shop that sells all the dried food stuff, name of the shop is Chee Seng.. I forgot to ask her how much one pc is..

hey soph, take care... counting down to see your little princess liao! Have you chosen a name for her ?

Hey dorothy, my dd1 is also in Pri one aft session this yr ..my initial plan was to let her buy food on tues and thurs, and pack food the other days, so aft the first 2 wks of spicy food from the canteen, she wanted me to pack food for her.

yesterday, I packed some noodles with few pcs of chicken and veg, as she always complains that she's very hungry during recess.. she finished up her noodles and told me that her friends wanted some..

some days, i make cheese sandwich, fried egg sandwich( spread wholemeal bread either with mayo or thousand island) and cut them into 4 pcs.. today, i packed some cheese biscuits with a pkt drink for her.

I've also packed swiss roll, sardine puff and curry puff for her.. I'll normally buy these food slightly before noon..

When i pack food for her, i'll try to use hello kitty fork or spoon and diff containers, so that it'll be more appealing ..

I'm also planning to make some sushi if i have the time.. that's for our lunch too.
hope these suggestions help ;)

Hey gals, I bought a metal multi tier steamer from yahoo auction last wk, quite good to use, besides steaming , it can also boil soup.. the dishes are boring but my stove is clean .. hehe..

hi gals,
I'm back from gynae and my afternoon tea
happy.gif

Didn't really have tea cos was very full from my lunch, just drank a honey lemon at Crystal Jade.
I think also cos they put me and my friend in a corner and it was soooooooo hot... aircon not getting there, so I also got no appetite to eat.
For lunch, I had a very good rojak at the foodcourt at basement of HDB Hub Toa Payoh - must take queue number then go back to collect when the digital screen shows your number!
But the wait is worth it cos the youtiao and taupok is grilled to perfect crispiness and they are so generous with the gravy and peanuts!

Nancy,
Welcome!
I used to be close-to-a-vegetarian a few years ago... did that for about 2 yrs and now started eating meat again.
Maybe you can share your vegetarian tips and reviews on restaurants with us!

annlee,
Sorry to hear about your quilt... must be so sim tia! Your hubby is right - don't look out the window lah... see already also like that, cannot go and ask back for it.
Didn't know Suzhou is famous for silk quilts that can cure arthritis!
Thought they were only famous for pretty girls like Carina Lau
happy.gif

Krisjoy,
Saw the pic of your baby girl, very chubby... so cute
happy.gif

Were you the one who previously said your baby girl look more like boy? If so, I don't think so leh... she still looks very girl-girl to me.
Heh, you should see my pic when I was young, totally like a boy, even my hubby thinks so!

Choc!
Long time no see!
Wow, you're really a good mummy - pack all these yummy food for your dds! Looks like mummy's homecooked food is still the best
happy.gif

Thanks for info on jin hua huo tui - I'll prob check it out only after confinement.

For name of baby, I'm thinking of going to those shifu for the chinese name, only know of one called You Long Zi? Heard that names chosen by them are quite common though.
But no choice, cos hubby and my Chinese are half-past-six only, so thought better to go to these shifus.

Van,

I've asked my friend to get a stationery holder for me from taipei...hopefully she manages to find it.

More Than Words at Lot1....Is it Mini Toons?I just bought my strawberry shortcake cosmetic jars from them.Popular also carries some strawberry ss stationery..

Sophie,

Don't worry too much about C-sect and the healing.Think about how you're going to doll her up when she's here.
happy.gif

Ambrosial,
No, More than Words is on 4th floor...They have nice HK magazine holder,jewellery cases...

Did you give your friend the location of HK shops in Taipei? Do you know which hotel she'll be staying? The 2 hotels I stayed in Taipei both have HK shops nearby.

Choc,
Wow, you prepared lots of different stuff for your dd.My dd's still enjoying the freedom and independence of buying food and drinks at the canteen...but she's still eating and drinking the same old stuff.

Thanks for the info on the Huo Tui...at least we know of a place to get them in S'pore ...

Sophie,
I've come across a few kids' name chosen by You Long Zi..mmm.....may be you should ask around for other suggestions? It's best also if you can tell him any particular character that you want to be included in your girl's name, then they can work from there.

Hello Kitty fans,
Just for your info there is a shop at Chinatown Point selling a lot of the Kitty stuff and other Sanrio stuff (but its quite some time since I visited).

Choc,
wa, u really put in a lot of effort for your dd...she is so lucky to have you
happy.gif

Sophie,
Ya, my MIL and mom both said that my gal has a boy-boy look...She is now coming to 3 months and enjoys playing with the baby sitter's sons. Also, she now bathes using the shower head directly and I am trying out this weekend. Everyday got new updates from baby sitter
happy.gif

choc, thanks for the infor on the ham! Ha...din even know there's a shop selling near my house.

sophie, my niece chinese name was chosen by You long zi. My dss chinese name chosen from a man in chinatown. But he's abit stern(like my FIL hee) which I don't really like. He only gave me 4 choices of name and most of them sounds very cheena... when I ask for more choices or character name I prefer he will give me a fierce look and say why want so many names, these are the best and the character name that I pick doesn't mean is good for them blah blah blah...well... maybe he got his point. My ds1 chinese name chosen by him is nice. Me and my hb likes it, sound abit like one of the F4 members Jerry Yen.

My Experience with You Long zi AND sifu

My older gal was named by a sifu in tiong bahru...I make amendments as names are so tu given by him though can mix and match...

My boy , I went to him....all the names are so tu and I cannot take it and I went to you long zi...Before I went there, I have already read up some chinese books and mix some names with this tiong baru sifu...he very stubborn, tell me the so call amendment are all cannot....So, I disregard him and match his with my ideal sounding character....and went to You long zi.I was given a choice to give them my choice name and they will come up their versions...

Guess what?Upon collecting names , they asked me , am I into names research.....The name I gave was perfect and my aunty said that I should charge them for providing a new combination of names under that category....But, honestly, aedann name is so difficult to write...But, I really like the meaning behind it...which is with foresight and grace....

Wow, girls, thanks a lot for all your feedback on the name choosing shifus!

annlee,
I guess all uncles are stern - hee, esp. if they are egoistic and you question them too much!
wink.gif

Van,
Don't think I've got any character I need to work with, cos my hubby's family bochap this kind of stuff one... so we can choose what we like.
I like single name, but my hubby's surname if dialect not so nice with single name, altho his surname in Chinese is nice with dan(1) ming(2).
Check with you gals - nowadays do people still choose dialect name or just Christian name + Surname, then the full hanyu pinyin Chinese?

Joy,
Woah, your Chinese also so powerful, like Van's?
I tried reading up this book that gives a general idea of babies born in which year need what kind of names e.g. "grass top" or "water side", but I gave up after awhile!
embarrassed.gif

Ambrosial,
I'm not so worried about the C-sect anymore - now just looking forward to baby joining us
happy.gif

How did your rescheduled 2nd interview go?

Sophie,

My Chinese is not powerful lah...no problem reading and speaking but have big problem writing...

You are right...Ang "something" not as easy to match a single name then Hong "something". Got to be very careful...
677177.gif

Not sure about others,but notice Ber's Singaporean classmates all having Christian name+ surname + dialet name.

Van,

I didnt know there's More Than Words in Lot1...will check it out this weekend.

Is there a website with all the addresses of HK shops in taipei?

Sophie,

I was offered the job, but decided to reject it because it had lack of challenging responsibilities and personal growth.I do get bored easily.

Sigh...don't know if i've made the right decision..

Ambrosial,
Don't think about it anymore since you've turned down the offer,just move on...there will be more suitable ones coming along..
677217.gif

BTW,I uploaded the HK stationery holder set photo.

Official Sanrio's shops in Taiwan:
http://www.sanrio.com.tw/html/1_about/1_introduction.php?ID=20

Saw many big HK shops from coach,but no chance to visit.

These are the 2 shops I visited,think it's parallel import kind like Kai Kai and Kitty Palace:

Underground Shopping mall right next to this hotel:

San Want Hotel
172 SEC 4 CHUNG HSIAO EAST R
TAIPEI tw 106

Shops right opposite this hotel
The Westin Taipei
133 Nanking East Road, Section 3 Taipei 104 Taiwan

Sop
Not really powerful but I really love chinese language itself as me chinese helicopter ....hahahah

I think when come to naming your kids,maybe you would like to know that next time, when the kid go to school, the register will follow what the name is being registered. For example, my son, aedann see....I will put see .....aedann behind so that he will not be the first to call up for injection or dental check up....hahahah

Joy,
The school follows what is being registered and not standardised like everyone's surname first?
E.g. Adeline Lim can be number 1 in register while See ..... Aedann can be number 20+?
Haha, then I better not put my little princess' surname first, sure kenna first in class!
wink.gif

Envy you girls whose Chinese is quite good! Now that China is such a powerful economy, must make sure my kid can speak proper Chinese... my hubby definitely not a good candidate to practise Chinese with my kids, cos yesterday at Giant, he wanted to ask the sales assistant if an item is $0.35 or $0.45 and he kept stammering "si(4) shi(2) wu(3) mao(2)" -> direct translation of $0.45 **faintz** Heee, obviously the sales assistant didn't understand him and I had to help out
biggrin.gif

Van,
Chinese surname is Wang(1), not Hong(2)
happy.gif
That's why I thought Wang-something is quite nice... but dialact surname a bit tricky
biggrin.gif

Ambrosial,
Yep, Van is right - once you've made up your mind, just move on.
Plus now market is still so hot, should not be a problem looking for another job that fits your requirements.

Van,

Your HK stationery holder is so sweet..love the combination of pink and purple!What's in the set?I can only make out scissors, pen or pencil and a ruler...

Thanks for the webbie! I PRAY she finds it else i'll feel disappointed:p

Back