Confinement Nanny Recommendation - Janet Foo

Michelle Tsai

To start off, I have to say that my confinement nanny - Janet Foo is a star. I still remember the day when I came back from the hospital with my baby boy. It was Aunty Janet's first day at our house, she immediately got into action by attending to my baby's needs, preparing herbal bath water for me, went out with my husband to shop for the herbs that I didn't prepare enough beforehand, cooked for us and had to comfort me who is crying due to feeling overwhelmed with the whole new baby experience. It was then I knew I got the right Nanny.

Aunty Janet is from Malaysia (Ipoh) and is a very good cook and she usually asked us what we feel like eating so she can prepare beforehand. Both my husband and I really enjoy her restaurant quality dishes and are still missing them today. That being said, she can serve all these delicious food because we provide all the ingredients that she asked for, so if you want good food you must be ready and willing to spend buying the ingredients.

She is also very experience in taking care of baby, I learned a lot from her. She doesn't mind to share her experience and recommended me on good baby products that she finds that work and are useful. This saves me a lot of time and money as I don't have to go through the whole trial and error process. Throughout the whole 2 months, we have the luxury of leaving our baby boy at home with Aunty Janet if we have to go out to run errands with the peace of mind that our baby boy is in good hands.

Aunty Janet gets along well with my family and friends too. She is very careful in terms who came in contact with our baby and she will take the initiative to ask that whoever who holds the baby to sanitise their hand prior. She can speaks Chinese, Cantonese and simple English.

For those of you who would like to get in touch with her, she can be reached on +6012-5930298.

I am sharing my experience here because I hope that all the mothers out there have a good confinement experience as it is a big thing giving birth to a baby, we all deserved to be well taken care of.

86445105_715697812297157_2345743616170786816_n.jpg

86180372_562922120961297_8385006584022958080_n.jpg

86346139_1099763257037042_2608771759884730368_n.jpg
85238563_1076552342743922_8422932669960028160_n.jpg

Hihi do you know if she helps in household chores and laundry? Thanks
Hello! Yes, she does both my baby's and my laundry and minimal housework such as moping the kitchen floor since our kitchen was taken over by her during that period. We don't mind that she doesn't do other house work because her main priority was to look after baby and me. These 2 main duties are keeping her very busy already. We have to be realistic that is we want her time to be spent on taking good care of both mother and the baby rather than the house.

Hi,
Can check if Janet Foo is pro breastfeeding and is willing to wake up at night to carry baby over to mummy to latch?

Hi there! Sorry for the late reply. I can not relate to you if Aunty Janet is pro in breastfeeding because my BF has been hard, it wasn't established as my LO does not want to latch on due to my milk supply being low. However, I can tell you that Aunty Janet has been very encouraging by teaching me how to express via pumping and cooking me soup to boost my supply. So even though my BF was not established, I managed to express from a pathetic amount of 20ml at the start to 170ml max in the end. So my LO get some BM for 2 months on top of formula, which to me it's better than nothing.

I would advise you to contact Aunty Janet directly if she is happy to carry the baby over to Mummy at night for BF. Considering she wakes up through the night to feed my baby every 3 hour, I doubt she will say no to your request.

All the best!

Hi Michelle,

Do you need to apply visa for her to come to Singapore and also how about the transportation? Will you need to pay for the air ticket / bus ticket for her?

Hi Michelle,

Do you need to apply visa for her to come to Singapore and also how about the transportation? Will you need to pay for the air ticket / bus ticket for her?
Hi Angela,

The work permit cost SGD30 and must be paid by us. As for the air/bus ticket, it's up to you. For us, out of courtesy we paid for her flight to Singapore.

Michelle

Hey mummies, would like to share my confinement experience with Aunty Mei Kuan whom I miss dearly already...

I am blessed to have Aunty Mei Kuan assigned to me. She took great care of baby and I during our 28 days together. She is very experienced and I like her systematic approach in caring for baby. I felt very at ease that my baby was in such good hands.

The first 2 weeks of confinement were like an emotional roller coaster for me but Aunty Mei Kuan always provided me with good emotional support. She also provided great guidance to my husband and I by showing us the ropes on caring for baby. She was patient and gave very clear instructions on handling baby, and was very specific when correcting our mistakes.

As my baby had to be fed every 1.5 hours to 2 hours throughout the day and especially at night,Aunty Mei Kuan worked tirelessly round the clock.So grateful that baby was very well taken care of in the wee hours as well with the endless feeding and diaper changes.

Not forgetting the delicious meals she managed to cook for me while multi-tasking to take care of baby's needs. I always look forward to meal time as she will always put effort in decorating the dish!

For those interested, Aunty Mei Kuan is from Confinement Angels. Hubby and I were very happy with their service and dedication, which was why we decided to engage CA for our confinement. Our consultant Trudy took time even after work hours to meet us for consultation of the company's policy and service, and also addressed all our worries and concerns. She is also very prompt in responding to our queries via whatsapp.

Thank you Aunty Mei Kuan and Confinement Angels for the great experience!

To start off, I have to say that my confinement nanny - Janet Foo is a star. I still remember the day when I came back from the hospital with my baby boy. It was Aunty Janet's first day at our house, she immediately got into action by attending to my baby's needs, preparing herbal bath water for me, went out with my husband to shop for the herbs that I didn't prepare enough beforehand, cooked for us and had to comfort me who is crying due to feeling overwhelmed with the whole new baby experience. It was then I knew I got the right Nanny.

Aunty Janet is from Malaysia (Ipoh) and is a very good cook and she usually asked us what we feel like eating so she can prepare beforehand. Both my husband and I really enjoy her restaurant quality dishes and are still missing them today. That being said, she can serve all these delicious food because we provide all the ingredients that she asked for, so if you want good food you must be ready and willing to spend buying the ingredients.

She is also very experience in taking care of baby, I learned a lot from her. She doesn't mind to share her experience and recommended me on good baby products that she finds that work and are useful. This saves me a lot of time and money as I don't have to go through the whole trial and error process. Throughout the whole 2 months, we have the luxury of leaving our baby boy at home with Aunty Janet if we have to go out to run errands with the peace of mind that our baby boy is in good hands.

Aunty Janet gets along well with my family and friends too. She is very careful in terms who came in contact with our baby and she will take the initiative to ask that whoever who holds the baby to sanitise their hand prior. She can speaks Chinese, Cantonese and simple English.

For those of you who would like to get in touch with her, she can be reached on +6012-5930298.

I am sharing my experience here because I hope that all the mothers out there have a good confinement experience as it is a big thing giving birth to a baby, we all deserved to be well taken care of.

View attachment 718680
View attachment 718679
View attachment 718681View attachment 718682
Can I have her contact? I'm looking for nanny

Back