Confinement Lady

hi cymk,

wanted to ask you abt yout CL Meiling.

does she prepare the red date water for u ?
is she able to get along w ur parents etc?
knowledgble ?

My CL, Auntie Chong has more than 18years of experience in taking care of CF mummy and baby. She is a great cook and she would prepare food to your preferences. She would even cook for my hubby if he is home for meals.
Good knowledge of herbal soup. She can cook a type of herbal soup to expel the bad blood in the uterus after delivery. Don’t be surprise if you suddenly have heavy flow of menses as its good to have it out of your body instead of inside.
Auntie Chong can be contactable at HP: 81535205(S'pore line)/+60167209255(Msia line)

Dear All

I am not sure it is the same AUNTY KIEW that Jamie has stated above.

I have a bad experience with her and pls do not engage her. She cooks too much food and left them for overnight food and will heat up and let u eat. Anyone eating overnight food for confinement?

She do not cook specially confinement food for you only, she cooks for the whole family! Isn't it too heaty for my family?

SHE WILL ASK FOR DEPOSIT FIRST WHICH I DO NOT MIND.

SHE IS VERY VERY LAZY, LIKES TO WATCH TV AND BUY 4D AND SEE THE 4D RESULTS AND ALWAYS GIVING MILK TO THE BABY WANTING THE BABY TO SLEEP. Despite jus one hour the baby just drank milk, because once the baby sleep, she is VERY FREE!!!!!!

ALSO SAYS MY RED PACKET NOT BIG ENOUGH WHEN SHE LEFT.

SHE REFUSES TO USE NAPPY GIVING THE REASON AFTER ONE MONTH THEN BB CAN USE NAPPY, WHAT REASON IS THIS, THE REASON IS BECAUSE SHE IS SUPER LAZY TO WASH.

SHE DOESN'T WASH THE BABY CLOTHING AT ALL AND PUSH ALL TO MY POOR MAID TO WASH.

SO PLEASE DO NOT WALK INTO MY SHOES - DO NOT ENGAGE AUNTY KIEW.

Hi all, just want to check what are the housework that a CL would do. Although my 1st one is not too bad, but there are some tasks that she didn't do so was wondering is it too unreasonable to expect of her. If I am looking for someone else I also want to make it clear what are the things she needs to do.

Other than basic cooking and caring of baby,
1. How often she sweeps and mop the floor? For kitchen is it only mopping or she washes?
2. Does she change your bedsheet?
3. Does she wash the toilet or at least use water to rinse the floor and toilet bowl?
4. Would u allow her to watch tv while carrying the baby?

Maybe you feel it's too much for her to do all these, but the thing is my mum does all the marketing and my husband doesn't want to eat her food so she is quite free in my opinion she watches tv for quite long every day.

In addition as this would be my #2, I am aware the charges would be higher but what are the extra tasks she will do? Eg cook/bathe for my #1?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all mummies to be,

Would like to recommend my Confinement nanny.
Her name is Auntie Lilian.
She is in her 50s++ and has 32 years of experience.
She can cook alot of different confinement food and she also know how to brew different tonics soup.
The way she handles baby also very experience.
She has a happy-go-lucky and cheerful character, so is very easy to live with her for that 28days of "boring" confinement! :)
She is also very auto as well. You need her to do anything, just tell her and she is always ok with that.

Her contact number is +60176118919 (M'sia no.)

hi all mummies,

how much does CL charge for 28 days? I called up 2 and they told me $2200. Is that consider expensive or is that the market price now?

Hi Lil Fish

SGD 2200 consider is the market price right now..... U can try my previous CL she is called Xin Hua.

She very experience to take care and handle of my baby and can cook a lot of confinement food & tonic soup.

she is very clean and easy going person. I was recommend her to my friend also.

If you interested you may call her at SG mobile +6590395121 or Msia mobile +6017 241 8030

hihi, like to recommend my cl, aunty ah lan, +60 16 704 1081
confinemt was reali torturing for me, lucky tat i hav her to take gd care of my precious babe n me who is weak..

Dear all,
I would like to share my experience with 3 confinement ladies during my confinement now.
I booked Auntie Meiling from Negri Sembilan based on recommendation from website. Her tel no is 83004910 (SG)/ 60168957034 (MY)
In end Apr, I gave Auntie Meiling a call to tell her I'm due soon, probably early May. She was shocked and asked me why so early. I said 2-3 wks is very normal. She then say another client of hers supposed to EDD 1 Apr but just delivered on 20+ Apr. I asked her how can that be, since usually latest is 41 wks. She said she dunno. Fine.
After my delivery, I gave her a call again. She then exclaimed :'Oh, I'm doing confinement for the client who just delivered.' So I asked her how. She offered to recommend someone to do on her behalf. Having no other options, I agreed.
The CL that came after I discharge is called 'Ah Guan'. She's 47yrs old, also from Negri Sembilan. Long hair, dark and doesn't look modern. Here are the other observations:
1)According to my maid, she doesn't know how to use the rice cooker. My maid has to teach her. Pots are not scrubbed clean and my whole kitchen is oily and messy after she cooked.
2)She has never seen my Pigeon Steriliser. She claims other families use other brands???
3)For 3 meals, she used the same method of cooking veg, ie, using sesame oil and gou qi to fry with veg. There is variation in the meat dish though. I asked her if she can vary her cooking style, she claims this is how confinement should be throughout the month.
4)She cooked the pig kidney and liver soup twice and both times both ingredients are hard and overcooked. Doesn't she know both don't need much cooking??? She didn't know how to answer when I asked.
5)Pt 2/3/4 led me to worry whether she really has any exp. She claims she has, but only in KL. All her dishes taste awful and even my hubby commented that. Then her face turn black. Auntie Meiling also said that when I called her. I asked her why did she recommend someone like that to me and she said she thought she'll be ok.
Both claimed the method of doing confinement in KL is different. They eat very light and can eat the same dishes throughout the month. True? I dunno.
6) She doesn't respect privacy. When I'm napping, she will come in and ask me to have lunch or dinner. Even after seeing me sleeping, she will keep coming in till I go out. I told her before I don't eat early. But she's used to eating early so she can cook like at 3pm and dinner is ready at 5pm! My dinner time is 7pm...
7) 1st day I told her I can't take too much wine or ginger as I'm bf. 2nd day all 3 meals and each dish has heaps of ginger on it. I asked her what happened and she pretended to say 'oh, that's what I told other clients before but they said not true'
On 3rd day early morning after she carried bb over for nursing, she came into my rm to cry and said her dad fell and she needs to go home. My hubby immediately woke up and called a cab for her and we paid her 2 days salary.
Auntie Meiling called shortly and asked y did I not call her to tell her Ah Guan is leaving. I said I'm still nursing and Ah Guan can't wait to leave. She told me she's lying and I shouldn't have paid her cos she already took $100 from her. I told her this is between the 2 of them, they should settle themselves. But I was upset that I got cheated. Auntie Meiling said her current client is willing to let her go to help me. I was suspicious whether she is good or not since the client let her go after only a wk. But I decided to go ahead to try. She seems alot better than Ah Guan on the 1st day, more knowledgeable and more modern. However, things start to slide after that:
1) Day 2, she increased my bb's feed from 60-70ml to 100ml at night w/o asking. I had EBM and portion to 70ml. He's only 1 wk old! She wiped out all my EBM stock and passed comments that my BM is so little after each pump. Gynae n PD advised she is overfeeding and we told her to reduce. She's unhappy and keeps hinting that bb is hungry and don't want to sleep at night.
2)She requested to buy good food like drumstick to cook for the maid (more like she wants to eat)
3) Complains that it is very troublesome for her to cook for the maid since she can't eat pork.
4) Always talking on her mobile. Her ringtone is very loud and keeps on ringing. I wonder if my bb can sleep wells since he sleeps with her.
5)Requested for $200 advance payment on day 2 though I have already paid her $300 deposit. Wanted some time off to go and meet her friend to buy things.
6) Told me she might not be able to do full 28 days cos her next job is on 7th June (3 wks away from my EDD!) I'm quite upset that she doesn't intend to do full right from the start, so unprofessional! Now I realised her Apr 1st job is supposed to be Apr 30th and I bet she took it knowing that short gap to my EDD in mid May.
On day 3 night, she told us that her mum is in coma in hospital (sounds familiar???) She needs to go back the next day and asked if I want a replacement which she will recommend. I told her let me think about it. But she proceeded to call her friend and arranged.
On day 4 when she's going to leave, she said her friend who is supposed to come suddenly fell sick. Asked me if I want to look for my own or still need her to recommend. Thankfully my friend gave me her CL's contact and luckily she's available.
That ends my misery of the 2 CL's from Negri Sembilan. I have nothing against people coming from there (sorry I can't remember which town), just upset that both are similar in pattern (unwilling to take criticism, used the same old excuse)
Please please take extra caution and not hire this Auntie Meiling. Seems like she is more interested to earn commission from her hometown friends than doing a proper confinement for us. She is fair and quite chubby with mid-length hair, 44 yrs old. Has a house in JB as well

Sorry for the long post above as I'm really upset. Now I would like to recommend my 3rd CL - Auntie Meizhen who is from JB.
She is 62 yrs old and is very experienced. My hubby commented she seems the most modern though she is the oldest. She is very cheerful and can communicate well with me. Her other strengths are:
1) She's a fantastic cook. I don't eat pig trotters in vinegar but she cooked it so well that I ate all. She varies her dishes alot that it is so appetising and not boring at all
2) She takes very good care of bb. She bathed bb in herbal water and although my bb is only 2 wks old, his rashes has subsided alot and no more new ones popping out
3) She is very fast and efficient and automatic. She doesn't need much instructions and she can figure out herself where things are kept and what to do etc.
4)She is very chin-chai. She enjoys cooking so much that sometimes she will cook special dishes for the maid (spicy type) when my maid said she loves her dishes. She is also ok to cook more if our family members visit. She is also willing to teach my maid to cook and how to take care of bb.
She is like a mummy taking good care of me. Really lucky to have her after my bad encounters. She has just re-started after stopping for 2 years to help her daughter. I hope you all will benefit if you hire her as well (note: I don't gain anything from promoting her)
Her contact no is 60108232696

I am a new mummy. I found this wonderful CL. I simply love her!
She is responsible, experienced, good tempered, help to do housework, cook nice food, took good care of me and baby!

I know motherhood is very tough especially after given birth, good rest and someone to take care of baby is what we need. A GOOD CL is very very impact. I hope all can find a good CL. Can call this CL if anyone need the services.

She often do confinement in Singapore. You can contact directly to Aunt Mary +60108847576. Her blogspot address is http://marychengny.blogspot.com

Hi mummies,

I hv one CL to recommend, she is Malaysian, experienced nanny, worked in USA for the past few years, English speaking. Pm me if keen.
Beth

One question. my EDD will be just before CNY next year. I called one recommended by my fren. She turned down the job due CNY. What is the extra fees associated with confinement during CNY?

My CL is very good. I got her through an agency, but she does freelance as well. Initially got a lousy CL known as Aunty Irene, decided to drop her after 10days. 

New CL is Aunty Ah Kee. She is very responsible, cooks well and took care of my twins well. I had no problem trusting her with my twins. She single-handedly manages my twins' night feeds. She loves babies and is an easy going person.

You can contact her at +016 700 9038 (m'sia) or 9057 9138.

Sue09, please enable your PM so that I can reply to you on your question in your PM to me. In any case, the answer to your question is yes.

hi baby love & jamie,

whats the full name of yr CL aunty kiew? or her contact no. I know of a CL but duno is the one u are talking..pls let me knw ASAP. thk u

hi baby love & jamie,

whats the full name of yr CL aunty kiew? or her contact no. I know of a CL but duno is the one u are talking..pls let me knw ASAP. thk u

koalarie, you've posted in many threads with the same question... are you due soon? or are you sourcing for nannies?

Hi! I am due in end Aug 2012.
I stay in Tampines with a 6 years old daughter and husband.
Any good recommendation of CL?
What is the charges for CL now?

Due in end May 2012. I have managed to find an agency through another mommy's sister. Thank God indeed as I was "played" by a confinement nanny recommended and then by GPLS.

How can I help you, Angel?

Be careful of a confinement nanny call Xue Er. She is not honest and refuse to pay me back my deposit although she cannot provide service to me.

She was my colleague's confinement nanny two years ago, my colleague said she is quite ok, and because she is Singapore PR, so i won't have to worry about the work permit issue, i think this is why her charges is quite high SGD2200. (A confinement nanny only earn about 1400 to 1500 if hire through agent)

This is my second pregnancy, my EDD is Mid April this year, and I contacted her sometime in November last year. She want me to pay for deposit of 200bucks to confirm the booking. so i paid her the deposit in December and thought that everything will be fine.
After making the payment, I check with her what if my born is born earlier than my EDD, is she able to make it? (I asked this because my first child was 3 weeks earlier) Her answer to me is no problem, she will adjust her schedule and won't be taking anymore booking around my EDD.
About one month later, she called me back and said if i deliver earlier, she will get her friend to help(nanny A). At first she said this is just in case she is not able to make it. She claimed that nanny A is her best best friend and convinced me that nanny A is very experienced and very good person. I trusted her and accepted her offer. I got a little concern that nanny A is not singapore PR, but she convinced me that it will be fine.

One month before my EDD, Xue Er called me again and said that nanny A is not able to make it because of immigration issue. She said she got another best best friend can help her (Nanny B). Nanny B also very very experienced. I was quite frustrated at that time because my baby is arriving soon. Nanny B is not singapore PR also. i asked her what if last minute nanny B is also not able to turn up, she said this time confirm no problem. I asked her, now is already mid March, actually i won't need another nanny, she herself should be available. But she said she is not able to make it because she got another customer delivering soon. I was very angry at that time. she reassured me that nanny B won't have immigration problem this time. So I accepted nanny B.
After discussed with my husband, we decided not to trust Xue Er anymore and decided to hire a nanny through agent. I called Xue Er the next day to get back my deposit, but she refused to give back to me, and said that she already confirm with nanny B and give the deposit to nanny B. i know she in lying, and told her to collect the money back from nanny B. she refused to do so. then i said fine, i will call nanny B myself.
I then called nanny B and asked her whether Xue Er gave her the money, she hesitate and said yes. i know she is lying. i then said i am sorry that i i won't need her service anymore, and ask her to give me back my deposit back to Xue Er, She said ok.
I then called Xue Er back. She make a lot of complained and said i put her in difficult position. (i thought i am the victim in this incident??what the hell...but i keep quiet because i want to take my money back.)
5 minutes later, she called me back. she said after discussed with nanny B, she agree to pay me back half of the deposit(100bucks) only to compensate her. i was very angry, i know she is making story again and questioned her that nanny B has already said she agree to pay me back just now. She said no, because it is me to reject their service, so can only pay me back 100bucks. Then i said, it is you that cannot provide service to me and now you said it it my problem. Then i said fine, you give me back 150 will do. She refused.
So in the end she only agree to give me back 100.

This is the whole story. I have not check whether she has bank in the money to me.
Luckily i am able to book a nanny from agent in last minute.
I think Xue Er is earning commission by introducing customer to others. She very good in making story, very dishonest and irresponsible.
Beware of this women.

Hi

Can anyone advise what is the market rate for day confinement? And what are the hours?
I'm due in Sep'12 and staying in Hougang area. Anybody has got good recommendation?

TIA!

Hi,

Need a CL in early August but all I have called are booked up already. I am really at my wits end and I am afraid to take recommendations from the occupied CLs that I called. After reading so many horror stories I am really paranoid. Please anyone can you help me? if its directly from someone has used and tested then I will feel more at ease. Please help. Send me an email or PM me [email protected]

Cai Mei Ying or Aunty Mei Ying

A warning to mothers looking for confinement nannies, its better to go thru word of mouth rather than forum recommendations. I engaged a nanny, Cai Mei Yin or Aunty Mei Ying thru rigorous search on this forum but she turned out to be my worst fears come true. I am not sure if her services are still touted and recommended online, but if u are doing your research based on forum searches as I did, pls use your discretion!

- I did not heed the warning signs. When i met with her to place deposit, she criticized the mother she was taking care of at that time, that she never did 'tai jiao', that's why the baby now sleeps very late resulting in her not being able to sleep early too.
- she also said she has to nap every afternoon.
- I asked her what herbs I could buy in advance, for her to prepare tonics for me, she said oh, the usual. I told her I really have no idea so could she advice? Can she tell me some so i can buy first? I need to be prepared. She named about 2 herbs, then said I can ask any old people around me, like my mother or mother in law.. Don't they know? Else I can ask medical hall.
- I booked her way in advance for 2 months, but on the first day or work, she says she has a double booking and could not turn down the other party. So she could only work less than a month. She said she was sorry but I should have a mother or mother in law who can take over. !! Despite taking my deposit of $200 when we met before I delivered.
- Turns out, this nanny herself needs nannying. She says she can't sleep too late at night, complains that pillow cover is too slippery and she can't sleep well. She also revealed that her shortest stint is 5 days with a family cos they were boring people, they slept too early, around 8pm and did not watch tv. With her clear warning, we left the tv on specially for her, bought Chinese newspaper in case she was bored.. She still complained of boredom. Another of her warnings was that I had to giver her an ang pow on first day of work, else things would not go smoothly.
- in terms of caring for baby, she refused to test the temperature of heated breast milk before feeding baby. She would just hold the bottle with her fingers and deem it ok. She refused to test by having a drop on her wrist. Even when I tell her that different brands of bottles will feel differently, they may be different in thickness, material etc, so just touching the bottle is not an accurate gauge. She was wrong many times, and one time wrong is one time too many! That's one time of too hot milk into my newborn's mouth/throat/stomach!!
- she does NOT wash her hands after wiping baby's poo. Everytime. Despite repeated appeals. She got angry and offended as she says she has been doing this all along.
- she does NOT wash her hands after touching the broom or dustpan. She will proceed to handle baby, touch baby's cot sheets etc.
- at night, she watches tv and I vividly remember her scurrying when baby cries, cos oh, she forgot to wash the bottles again. So baby has to wait, AGAIN. Too bad for the hungry newborn.
- In terms of cooking, every meal was almost the same. She even says, it's not difficult to cook confinement food, its just frying everything with ginger and sesame. Only variation is the type of vegetable we provide, and whether it's rice or noodle version. After a few days, you will realize she is not a genuine confinement nanny. Tonics? Besides the pre-packed all-in-one tonics that we bought from eu yang sang, she was not able to offer more, neither in advice nor in brewing anything else.
- she revealed that she was all along a factory worker and only became confinement nanny cos of the good money and that it's nothing difficult at all.
- Btw, she is young. She is in her late 40s, a Malaysian but Singapore PR, husband works in Singapore and daughter studying in spore. Her contact number is 824301xx and 07-55931xx. Pls use your own discretion rather than rely on raving forum reviews. I paid for it with my health at the most crucial time when I hired and depended on her to 'take care' of me and my baby. She failed on every count.

hi all,

yes exactly right what persimonne said.

do NOT rely on forums and ads. after doing obsessive research, 90% of the recommendations are FAKE. i have called up and met almost all the nannies recommended on forums and they almost all turned out to be fake.

they talk up themselves to be very good, or whoever is posting does it for them for commission. but it's all LIES. the internet is faceless and even when you face the nanny, she can still put up a fake front.

persimonne, my condolensce that you had to suffer such bad attitude and character from the "recommended" crappy nanny. hopefully, you're alright now and your future is bright and hopeful.

in the end, we just have to forgive others and just move on.

also, nannies are humans. humans make errors, and are also inconsistent. on some cycles, the same nanny can be very very good but on a few cycles, she might be very bad. she might have her own aches and pains...

i really miss my first nanny who was beyond excellent. my second nanny is so far pretty good - fingers crossed.

let me know if anyone needs help finding a nanny.

hi jee,
please PM me your phone number. i'll get the nanny to ring you. they are not agent so they charge cheaper than PEM. anyway PEM nannies are not all good either, even if they "guarantee" you a change of nanny if you are not happy.
let me know when you PM me your EDD, what area you live in and your phone number.
i am not an agent and do not get a single cent from recommendation.
thanks

rate for stay in confinement lady from malaysia is from $1800 to $3000 depending on what agent and what nanny you get. the more experienced and very popular ones will ask for $3000 due to dragon year. and most are fully booked for this year so they know you are desparate and will ask for more.

Hi everyone,

just to advise about my bad experience with a confinement nanny:

BEWARE of this confinement nanny:

Chew Yong Ying from Ipoh. Also known as AH YONG. Ask to see her passport to verify it is her. Born in June.

She is about 55 years old. She is the replacement they sent because the other confinement nanny's father died halfway through the confinement period.

What she looks like:

She is very plump and is a bit hunched over. She burps very loudly too. Talks a lot. Can speak and understand English although not very well and she pretends that she does not understand. (She speaks to and teases my daughter in English all the time). If you need her picture, I am happy to send it to you.

What the living arrangement is:

We let her have the master room with ensuite and the baby in the room. The WHOLE sink and bathroom is full of her stuff - mostly creams and lotions and other beauty products. VERY messy and untidy. She also has a pot of our laundry detergent in there which she uses like it's free.

Basically, she is VERY lazy, very wasteful, complains A LOT, very untidy and has NO knowledge of the right herbs or foods for confinement, and does NOT know much about babies at all. In fact, I know more about babies than she does - and I am half her age, and not a confinement nanny.

These are a few examples of how bad she is. There are many more worse examples:

1) MOPPING - She drops hair (both head hair and pubic hair) all over our floor and refuses to sweep or mop the floor. My husband has blonde hair and my hair is long. And I have brazilian wax. So the black short hair and pubic hair on the floor can only be hers since we do not have other visitors. She says mopping or cleaning any part of the house is not her job.

She is supposedly from GPLS. The last nanny I got from GPLS was excellent and in fact swept the house every day without us asking! She picked up every hair as well. And she was 60 years old. She did not ask for more money and in fact mopping once a week is in the job description.

2) MORE MONEY - This nanny claims that to cook for my husband and wash his dishes, she should be paid extra. My husband eats the SAME food as I do, and uses only ONE plate per meal. All the other confinement nannies have no problem with this. Even the confinement nannies from agencies did not ask for extra money just for this.

3) WASHING BABY - She tried to shower my 14 month old daughter and every time, my daughter would scream very loudly for the whole shower. Finally one day I peeped to see why my daughter is screaming so much and I saw the woman was very rough and did not know how to shower children at all! She let all the soap run into my daughter's eyes and mouth and nose and inside the ears!

4) CHANGING BABY - Every time she changes or cleans the new born baby, the baby will also scream like crazy. So one time I ran in there to see, and saw her poking in my baby's nose with a tissue and she took so long to change a nappy that he got cold and so he was screaming every time she changed or washed him.

She does not know how to change nappy at all. The bed had to be changed 3 times in 1 week because she let shit and pee go all over the bed, even with a changing mat under the baby!

5) MINDING BABY - She complains a lot about the baby waking up all night and crying all the time. This is what babies do and the job of confinement nanny is to mind the baby 24 hours. This is why she is being paid more than a full-time maid. She complains that Singapore is so hot, the baby is so noisy, she is so tired, her throat is sore, her tummy is sort, etc etc.

6) BURPING BABY - She refuses to wind / burp my baby properly. He has a lot of wind and I recognise the cry because of wind. But she said "oh he is breast fed so he doesn't have wind." End up I have to burp him and care for him myself. She only washes him once a day.

7) COOKING - She does NOT know what to cook. So you have to plan the cooking and herbs yourself. She will say you can take everything.

8) EATING - She loves to eat. Every time I open the fridge, she will come to the kitchen to see what food I am making to eat, and ask me what I am eating. She even asked my mother to bring more pig trotters and vinegar soup for her because she likes to eat that soup! She thinks she is the queen or what?

She is very picky about food and asks us to bring her special white bread, special 3-in-1 Milo, etc etc. She wants to eat our cheese, our fruits, everything. We are ok with that IF she is a hard worker. But she is SO LAZY, we do not feel like giving her more food! She is not here to eat. She is here to cook confinement food and to mind the baby and she is not doing her job.

9) WASTING OUR STUFF - She uses our things like it's free. In 7 days that she's here, the laundry powder ran out. The toilet paper ran out. The kitchen paper ran out. Even the garbage bags ran out because she used a huge bag for a little thing and then threw the whole thing away. All these were NEW and replenished when she arrived. Even the mops were new when she arrived.

The garbage bin got flooded inside because she somehow made a hole in the garbage bag and the garbage fluids leaked through. I had to wash the garbage bin because it is not in her job description! The mop turned black because she did not wash the mop after using it.

10) In the 7 days that she's been here, she requested to go downstairs to have dinner with her son because it's her birthday. We allowed that without problem. Then she said she wants to end the confinement period early by 3 days because she wants to go and attend a wedding in Malaysia. No sense of responsibility at all! Very selfish and lazy and greedy.

11) She had the cheek to ask me to find her $3000 (28 days) jobs. She says that she heard some nannies get $3000 this year because it is dragon year. I said to her those nannies are very experienced and very hardworking. She did not get the hint. There are also nannies getting only $1800.

So she said, in her previous nanny assignments, she's always gotten very large ang pows - hundreds of dollars each. (I heard her mention only 1 or 2 other jobs that she's had.) And that if she worked for agency, she would get very large ang pows as well. She was trying to hint to me to give her very large ang pow! We gave her ang pow out of courtesy only as the ang pow was given to the original nanny and not supposed to give to the replacement nanny. And ang pow is based on performance - not on what the nanny demands.

12) She sleeps so much that my husband commented how come she sleeps more than the new born baby. She eats and sleeps most of the time. And tries to change everything in my house. She opens windows that are closed, and closes windows that are open. She folds our clothes haphazardly so that I have to refold them. I have to wash up a lot of dishes and clean up after her. She leaves garbage on top of the bin instead of pushing it down and into the bin. She drips garbage water on the floor and does not wipe it up. So basically I am not resting that much!

13) She asks me personal questions like what do I do, what does my husband do, how much money our furniture costs, how much our rent costs, how much we have to make to pay for all these. She even counts how many rooms and air conditioners we have and how much it costs. She even asks what my parents do, how much money they make, etc. She is basically trying to gauge how rich we are and then trying to spend our money by using up all our stuff, and then make us pay her more by giving her big ang pow! She keeps saying "oh go and buy more of this and more of that. Just go and buy!" Every day she is here, there is something to buy!

I have been very stressed in the 7 days that she has been here. But I cannot get a replacement as it is towards the end of my confinement period and no nanny will take up the remaining days on her behalf. As she is not from agency, I also cannot force her to find a replacement. even if she's with agency, I doubt they will find a replacement for such a short number of days left.

I do NOT feel safe with this woman at all. I would not leave her alone with any of my children and have to keep an eye on her all the time. She has no experience and is very lazy.

She claims she does not know why the baby is crying or why something is finished, etc. She has no sense of responsibility or urgency.

She can spend hours in the bathroom and in the kitchen. We can't go into the kitchen when she is in there as there're plates and vegetables (and meat!) all over the kitchen and we can't do anything in there as there is no space. We have to mind the baby when she is in the bathroom, so basically we are doing her job for her.

She even took pictures of my children without my permission. I am very dissatisfied and unhappy with this woman. She is wasting my time and money. And compared to my experience with other confinement nannies, she is VERY TERRIBLE and NOT recommended. We have been very forgiving and open-minded and have given her face by not telling her off. But she is one of those people who think that if you give her face, she must be right.

In summary, she is a very greedy, very lazy and very bad confinement nanny. She has no characteristics or skills that are essential to this job and she should not be doing this job. I do not feel safe or rested with her around.

Just to warn every one about this nanny. Engage her at your own peril. Especially if you have high standards or have experience with very good nannies, this nanny will make you very upset and unhappy.

Recommending experience confinement lady, Lilian (Christian).

She is a Singaporean and doesn't have to stay in. Can do a minimum of 3 hours per day or more to help with cleaning of baby, other baby stuff and confinement cooking etc (except for Sunday morning as she needs to attend church).

Did several confinement before. Her service is good but in case you doubt, there is no worries as she is hourly rated, you can take her on for more days (if you find her good) or drop her (if you find her no good).

$15 per hour. No agent fee, i'm just posting on her behalf.

PM me for more info... Cheers
happy.gif

Hi, I need some advice if I should keep or let my confinement lady go...

1) I was induced on 12 june n My hubby called the confinement lady to inform her I will b delivering anytime. She replied by asking my husband to call her again when we are going to be discharged then she come. Mi n bb were discharged on 15 jun n my hubby called her on 15 jun morning. She say we should have called earlier n she can only reach 16 jun afternoon/evening. (she is from malacca n we are puzzled why she need more than a day to reach sg). End up hubby got to cook for me on 15 jun n 16 jun. My parents in law from Penang reach sg earlier than her even. When she arrived, she say she doin voluntary work on 15 jun so cannot come in. Husband n i not very happy cos we already call her few days earlier to tell her I m delivering n yet she did come ASAP n push the blame to husband for not calling her earlier.

2) She complain abt everything.. Complain bath tub too big, ask to buy small basin to shower baby, complain hanky too thick not soft, complain house small, toilet small, kitchen small n start telling us how big is her house in malacca. My hubby n parents in law will ask her every morning what food to buy to cook n thy will go buy. She complained how come never ask for more plastic bags to separate meat n how come never ask chicken seller chop the chicken into pcs, complain abt fish they buy not the one she talk abt. She asked for kaya so my husband buy for her. Then she complained kaya too sweet, should buy this brand kaya got write xo on the cap. She even complained my mum bringing so much pepper when my mum only bring 2 pig stomach for her to cook. She complained milk warmer difficult to use. Every time we got to heat up milk on our own then she feed the baby.

3) She dun cook longan red dates water everyday.. She cook black water or red bean water or white fungus water for those days she dun cook longan red dates water. If I can't finish the water, she keep overnight n being first time mum I will juz drink without asking it's ok. She will also pour leftover water into mineral water containers n keep in fridge. When I questioned her, she say my husband wan to drink n then she say she herself wan to drink.. She even commented if not becos I got massage, she also dun wan to cook longan red date water everyday.

4) She fried ginger slices n put them in uncapped container n put inside the kitchen cupboard. It seems so unhygienic. I dun even know if any lizard droppings or other insects will go inside the container. She fried sliced meat with ginger n put into capped container n leave them overnight. The next day, I found the capped container in the fridge. When I asked her, she say the meat half cooked only, coffee shop n zi char shop all do like that.. She say will cook again with vegetables. I ask my mum abt this n my mum say she must b lazy to separate the meat out n cook more times, so cook more me at one go. I even found a cook book inside the kitchen cupboard!

5) She loves to go shopping.. She ask my mum in law go walk walk at pasar malam! We bring her to the mall yesterday cos baby is in hospital for jaundice n we need to do some errands n buy diapers. While we do errands, she went shopping on her own. We go into supermarket buy diapers n stuff, she say she wan go walk walk. When we q up to pay n ask if she need anything, then she say need to buy pork ribs. I was pissed n told her why dun say earlier, she say can buy tomoro also. She thought we gg to bring her out everyday to shop around..

6) We bought kidneys n liver from supermarket. She juz put everything into the fridge without looking what are they. When I ask my mum then I know need to put kidneys soaked in water n not in freezer compartment. So I told her say how come never checked. She say she dunno we will buy kidney. I tell her she dun wan to go shopping with us at least got to see what we buy then out in fridge. She unhappy n complained to my mum n even threatened us can pay her salary she will leave lo..

7) She loves to keep talking n boast abt how fantastic her cooking is. My mum in law taste her cooking n say dun even taste like confinement food. She uses a lot of cooking oil. She finished my half bottle 1llitre oil n finish a brand new bottle of 1litre n asked my husband buy more. I have 4-5 bottle of sesame oil n she use very little which I dunno y n ask my husband buy vege oyster sauce n abalone sauce..

8) For first 1 week plus, she had a gd sleep without needing to wake up at night to feed baby. Then we decided to get her help at night feed or carry baby if baby cry or awake at night. She complained say breast milk difficult, can alternate formula milk at night for easy feed. Once I wake her at 6am cos baby cried, she get unhappy n fedup n say should let baby sleep with her easier- fyi, baby sleep in our room with us. She say if baby cried abit n we wake up n wake her up then dun need sleep already..

After so much things happen in just 2 weeks, I m thinking of letting her go. No point keepin her n got to keep close supervision on her in case she bear grudges n ill treat or do something bad to baby.. My mum n husband say juz tolerate for another 2 weeks.. What should I do?? Any advise..??

hi,
i think you will find that the rates for day care only and live-in are the same.
i am not an agent so i don't set the rates. it is more based on market rates. so the rates change depending on season, etc...
the day care only nanny has to find somewhere to live and pay for her transport and meals, so the rates for day care is the same as for live-in. this is from what i heard.
currently PEM will charge you $1000 deposit and about $2000 for the nanny, so $3000 in total.
the nannies i know, do not work for agents as most of them used to work for GPLS but it is now closed down.
they charge around $2200 flat rate. 28 days. usually you need to pay a deposit of up to $500 to secure the nanny.

let me know your edd, area of your flat/house and whether you want live-in or day only.

every nanny is different. who i recommend may or may not be what you imagine is a good or bad nanny. it is very subjective.
the nanny i recommend has been good so far with cooking and minding baby, so i have no complaints, so i am suggesting she could be helpful to you. personalities are different and you may or may not get on with the individual. in the end, it is up to you and the nanny to get along... i am only suggesting the nanny based on her experience and service.

i'll get the nanny to ring you if you PM me your number, area of living, edd.

note: GPLS sent me a nanny which was VERY good and very professional. But GPLS has now closed down.

thanks

jenny: your CL is like mine. but i kept mine to do the cooking. we have to buy the food and tell her exactly how to cook. so she was like a stand-in, expensive, last minute maid.

if you have other help, you should try to let go of you CL. my CL was so bad that now i have serious health problems including severe internal infection which the doctor said is due to stress. the wound is healed but inside developed into infection. becoz not enough rest and eating the wrong foods...

this is the result of bad CL. warning to all mothers! your health is at stake. i did not believe this could happen. i thought i would just be strong but in the end, my mind is willing but my body is not...

I would like to recommend my Confinement Lady, Sally. She pronounce as Sherry.

She is doing confinement for me now and would be available from 8 Aug to 3 Sept and 7 Feb 2013 onwards.

She has 18yrs of experience and is able to handle my baby and my toddler well. She support me in breastfeeding and will wake up when baby cries for milk for me to latch baby.

Her contacts:
9465 8800 (Singapore Hp)
+60 12 267 2428 (Malaysia Hp)

Here are some of the things she do:

1) She prepares my daily herbal bath

2) Help sew the mittens and booties which are way too big for my baby.

3) Cooks different dishes to cater to Me, Picky Hubby and my toddler. She usually most of the time skip lunch and eat vegetables most of the time for dinner.

4) She starts her day quite early like 6+, 7 am and end sometimes at midnight.

5)Clean all the dishes, Mops the kitchen floor after cooking every dinner vacuum very frequently

6) Wash clothes and hang the laundry after she has clean up the kitchen.

7) Take care, bath my toddler when she is feeling unwell and cranky

8) Support me in breastfeeding and helps to steralise the bottles and such. Bring the baby to me when she cries for me to latch.

9) Painstakingly remove all the fats from the Chicken and then prepared and cook it to get the chicken essences every night.

10) Helps to pack and tidy up my messy house because I was unable to do so during pregnancy and with a toddler.

Dear all, FYI my confinement lady is called auntie Meimei from malacca.. Her Hp is 0102319077.. She is recommended by another confinement lady called auntie guihua. Auntie guihua Hp is 91305526 and 60122878467 n she is from malacca too.

To add on The above, Auntie Meimei even commented that auntie guihua is not a good confinement lady.. I feel that she should be appreciative that auntie guihua recommend her for a job to make money n yet she tellin mi auntie guihua not good etc.. So terrible of her instead of being thankful..

Hi , would like to reccomend my fantastic CL , was really lucky to have her as i initially hire one cl who was money grabber , ask for higher pay , air ticket to penang , minimum $200 ang pow and final straw was that she insist on "helping" me buy expensive things like abalone .. so i sacked her ..

Luckily i got this CL who initially retired to take care of grandson .. now she just decided to come back and i got her.. finishing my confinement next .. she is god send ..Her name is auntie Hui Feng ..

My baby is extremely fussy and cry for milk every hour . She is quite pro breast feeding thus dun mind staying up the night to take care . She wakes up ard 6 am just to start preparing my meal .. everyday breakfast , lunch , dinner is like restaurant style .. so far , into my 26 days of confinement i only have 2 repeated dish ... She make very good food even for my husband and my fussy mother and a separeate set for my dad. So daily , she cook 3 type , one set for me , one for mum and husband , and one set for dad who is vegetarian . SHe also is quite clean and can tell she love baby. Extrememly patient and kind , not wasteful at all ... imagine when i was in hospital , she brought my confinemnet food even when i ordered hospital meal , then she say dun waste and she can help me eat the not nice hospital food if nobody eat .. very nice and sweet lady ..
There was once my mum bought meat bao and she told me that better not eat as not sure what type of meat they use , might not good for me ..so the next day she immediatey hand made meat bao me ... how many CL would do that !
She also help to teach my new maid how to care for baby , how to do housechore , and maintain my maid cleanliness such as min 1 day bath 3 time cos taking care of baby .. she also talk sense into my maid when my maid got lazy ,.. so really is making my every penny wrth .. she make me feel that she is more of mother than a CL .. very motherly and yet not naggy .. she is modern and flexible and also respect our privacy alot.. she totally understand that having our first baby, we naturally will want to see baby more so even when hubby came bk late from work , she dun mind leaving the room when hubby come in to see so that we can have family time ... so very considerate ...
she is also not pushy in the confinement rules, she will tell u what to do but if you decide not to, she will respect too .. (etc like me i die die no give bottle till 3 weeks so for 3 weeks she patiently spoonfeed my baby thru the night ). The only thing she very admandant about is mummy have to drink enuff soup .. so she gave me 3 big bowl a day and insist i drink cos it will help produce milk ...
She is also frenly to all guest that comes and dun mind cooking extra for them .. i duno what bad point to say abt her as i have yet to find any ,, can only thank her by posting good review and reccomendation .. i will post all pics of food she cook .. but she mention that she is able to cook different thing and so much everyday cos we have alot of ingredients in the fridge .. so for those who hire her , if you want to eat something u have to have the ingredient ,,,

I extended my confinement with her and now really cant bear to let her leave .. i guess all who employ her is lucky .. i am not related to her and fund her by a forummer recommendation too .. so since i am so free doing my confinement now i can give very detail review ... haha .. For those who ineterested please email me at [email protected]

IPOH HORFUN

7427529.jpg

Handmade meat bun
7427530.jpg

STIR FRIED MEE SWA
7427531.jpg

Dry Mee Hoon Kuay

7427532.jpg

Chix Rice
7427533.jpg

Fish BEE HOON
7427534.jpg

SAMPLE OF OUR USUAL DINNER
7427535.jpg

The GUltinous Rice she trial test for us to try for baby full month
7427536.jpg

Soup mee hoon kuay
7427537.jpg

BIG BOWL OF SOUP DAILY
7427538.jpg

Hi, I would like to recommend my CL , she's so good that I engaged her for 8 months, I even travelled overseas and leave my baby with her, please call her no. +6596109217

She's a very nice lady and kind hearted, even bought gifts for my children. I don't get commission for doing this but I just want to help her.

If you're looking for CL, she's the best !

Hi,
My CL is Aunty Jenny. She is a patient and loving lady. She is very experienced as she has taken care of many babies and even her own grandchildren. She takes good care of bb e.g. she uses cotton wool and plain water rather than baby wipes to wash his bottom as bb has sensitve skin. This means more work for her, but she didnt mind. Her hp no is 020127878227.

hee, I agree with Loo Joryl (sayuri_loo) who posted above on Auntie Choo. I forsake my fixed deposit of $300 after I heard what she has done to my friend's confinement who was before me. As what is stated above, she always playing on her hp when free. ANd she did nothing much other than shower the baby in the morning. 4pm plus start cook dinner for my friend but my friend only takes her dinner after 6pm+++!!! so dishes waiting to serve cold just because she want go home before 5pm, sometimes I heard she left at 4.30pm even!. My friend was the one showered her bb on evening all by herself. Auntie Choo don't do marketing so my dear friend who was on confinement period have to go market to buy the vege and ingredients herself!! WHenever come to confront her, she will push away with excuses saying she beri experience, no need to worry, she know what to do. Asking my friend to buy so many bottle of rice wine, herbs ended up left alot of unused herbs and wine all wasted as she didnt really cook tonic soup frequently for my friend to drink, only first 1 or 2 times. Declared good at trotter pig ended didnt even cook a single dish for my friend thru out the confinement period when asked she said my friend didnt go buy pig trotter so she didnt cook. My friend said she didnt even tell her what she want for the day cooking how she know she needs to buy pig trotter?? And many other bad experience with her I heard from my friend. Stated a few here just to let you guys know. Watch out for AUntie Choo!

Hi all.

Would like to share some important info on CLs.

Saw one post by one of the mommy that she was cheated by a massage lady Mdm Yue (97832269 / 83606760). Mdm Yue is also an agent for CL from Msia. I did a google search on her and found out that in another forum, her services as an agent was lousy. And some mommys in SMH on the other hand recommended her to others.
Well, according to Ministry Of Manpower, it is a requirement that agents who get commission for bringing in CLs to work here need to be a registered company with licence to do so. Mdm Yue does not have any licence. Meaning, she has been bringing in foreign workers illegally.

On the employer side (ie we, mommys), we become employers of illegal workers if the CLs do not have work permit.

On the CL side, she becomes an illegal worker.

Please be careful when getting a CL. Get from a legal source. However if we go to the CL directly (ie nobody gets a commission anywhere), it will be fine. If we go through an agency, we must make sure the proper work is done: work permit applied and we pay levy.

FYI.

Hi, I would like to recommend this CL called Mei Zheng. She is veri experience in confinement and can cook veri well. She use to hand wash on bb clothes. Feel free to pm me if u r keen

Hi mummies,

My mum is a confinement lady with around 19 to 20 years of working experience in this line. Anyone looking for confinement lady in or after August 2013 is welcome to email [email protected]. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Peggy

Back