Confinement Food / TMC Richfoods NatalEssentials

sylvie3

Hi, can any mothers here who have ordered confinement food please help to comment? I am considering these 3 providers:
Thomson confinement food $1980 (5% discount for FBI/SBI)
Richfoods (got early bird discount)
Natal Essentials (early bird discount)
Thank you for sharing

I would recommend rich food. Good services and food arrives super hot at my place. I tried them 4 years ago and quality still the same when I recently ordered in april. Food portion now (1.5 person portion) slightly lesser than 4 years back (sufficient for hubby n me for 1 meal). Soups are good
happy.gif

Do they cook with rice wine? Or is it just normal cooking?
My family last min decided to cater confinement food for me.

I ordered from New Baby in May, food not bad, portion quite alot, enough for my hb & me. I dont think the food are cooked in rice wine. I think i still got $50 discount voucher for new order.

Oh I see. I can imagine my mother and mother in law being skeptical abt confinement food but no rice wine. It is like the main thing.

Perhaps you can call up the caterer to confirm. I only know every single dish has ginger in it except for soup.

I've recently ordered a trial meal from new baby too. Tastes good! I confirmed my booking the next day. They have anniversary promo now.. Not sure abt the rice wine part but they do use herbs in their cooking, think that's y confinement catering are more exp than normal catering.

Hi,
Any mummy tried before Thomson confinement meal? The price is higher but how's the portion and the taste..
Is it worth the price?

I ordered from TMC confinement food this year, was utterly disappointed with the service.
*Diluted soup
*inconsistent delivery, sometimes i get my lunch as late as 2pm
*repeated dishes. I can be eating peas dish for consecutive days and best part is that the peas has turned yellow by the time it reached my place
*unappetizing dishes, i don't look forward for my meals anymore

We terminated the service halfway and got our partial refund back.

Thanks purple book for sharing..

How about Chilli Padi Confinement food.. Any mummies here ordered from them and any pics to share.
TIA :)

Hi purplebook, may i know how TMC calculates the refund for you? Was it difficult to stop the service and get your refund?

I just had the New Baby trial, and not impressed:
- pork liver soup was smelly (not spoiled, but more like they didn't clean the organ well)
- black pepper chicken was very oily (seriously a layer of oil coating on top)
- kailan was ok, nice n tender, not too salty
- generous serving of white rice & red date tea
I couldn't eat much of the soup and chicken, and decided not to order.

Hi,

Just to share some pic.
I called up Chilli Padi for a trial on their confinement food.
Portion quite a lot. I can't finish all.
Taste suits me well. Soup a little oily but I guess it's due to the pork..But the red date tea was quite tasteless just like a few confinement trial I've tried b4. Only thing is that I can see the red date and dried Logan in the tea.

For trial they serve in plastic containers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 898

Back