Christian ivf mums or mums to be

Emma,
Hugs to you. Will pray for God's comfort and peace to be with you. May God give wisdom to Dr Yu and other doctors to help each and everyone of us out there. Jiayou sister!

Trinity,
Thank God for giving us loving husbands. May you continue to prayfully submit and let God direct your paths.

Miracle,
Wow, you have started with your injection! That's really fast! May God bless you to react well to the puregon injection as you start this journey.

DiamondT,
Don't give up. All you need is just one single egg. Continue to trust and hold on to God's promises despite of our natural circumstances. If God can bless Abraham and Sarah in their old age, so can we!

TrustingHim,
Thanks for sharing another testimony. How are you and your bbs?

Thanks Joy! So far so good, I don't feel any side effects except being a bit sleepy and needing to take naps in the afternoon. I'm going for scan tmr and will see if there's a need to increase my dosage or remain as it is.

How are all of you today? Did all of you had a good weekend?

Joy, how's ur suppression coming along? Have been thinking of you. Hope you are doing okay. I am seeing Jin and Zhao for accupuncture only. Chinese medicine is abit too heaty for me. Always get sick after taking them. But I am taking LR tea daily and chinese essence twice a week.

Blackberry, you okay too? How's Nimbar and little Mayo? Savannah is turning 7 this July and is affected by the recent heat as you know that she is a furry ball. She has been enjoying the aircon in our bedroom to cool herself down.
happy.gif

Diamond T, hope TCM will help you. Be positive! We can all do it. Who are you going to see for TCM?

Miracle, I can feel your excitment!! Rest well during this time.

DiamondT - now i understand what DOR is. Ovarian reserve is not new to me but DOR is. haha. How are u doing?

Jiayou to those on meds!
happy.gif
May God bless you with freedom from side effects and the meds to do what they are intended for and nothing more. i pray for success for you all!
happy.gif

redvelvet - I saw Jin and Zhao last time too! they always say I too 'yin' and so i was prescribed with red ginseng, etc. I have decided to stop assisted ttc-ing. it's a new season of my life and that's why I got Mayo in Jan 2012! Nimbus is 4 and seems self-conscious when Mayo is around. She doesnt seem to want to be hugged as much as in the past. Mayo is really sweet. She likes to lick my hair when i am in bed and will push her nose under my fingers so that i will sayang her! It's been a hot month, i get headaches quite a lot recently. I bet Savannah must really love the aircon!

Miracle,
How was your scan yesterday? Hope everything went well for you. How are you enjoying your new life(not working)?

Red_velvet,
Thanks for remembering me, dear sister. I went for my blood test today and finally estrogen got suppressed. Thank God! Now can start 2nd phase to thicken the lining.
Wow, you go to 2 Drs for accupunture? I am so scared of needles, so I have never gone for accupunture before. Longan Red-dates tea can be quite heaty too, must take out the seeds of the dates.

Blackberry,
Thank you for your prayers. It's good to know that you are in a new season and being happy. Who knows what miracle God may bring into your life
happy.gif

TrustingHim,
Oh, I didn't know that you were under Dr Roland. Unfair, I don't know who you are! Hahaha. Are you working or sahm now?

Hi Ning! Welcome! Join in the chat. I'm also new here. Will be fun to get to know more people. So where will you be doing your ivf? KKH? TMC?

Hi Ning, i'm with Dr Sadhana at KKH. Looks like u got velvet as your cycle buddy! I'm on short protocol by the way, estimated ER will be on 29/30. Somewhere there. Hehe.

Hi All GREAT Ladies in this thread!
Brief intro abt myself. TTC since 2008 and was dignoised with hypothyroid n on medication since then. Went throu IUI, IVF n FET but was unsuccessful. Decide to go for my last round of FET since storage is due in June. Feeling rather helpless what can I do to increase our success rate? But I guess ultimately is the One up there that decides. Praying hard for a healthy miracle bb!

I'm also with kk under Dr Mattew Lau, wondering if I should switch a gynae. But nevertheless decide to stick to him cos God that implant n not the doc hence I guess is nt the doc's issue.
Anyone seeing tcm currently?

Hi Miracle,

Wow, that's next week. How are you feeling now? Is now the time to chiong on lots of EW? I'm following the advice of some sisters at the other thread to eat 2x EW per day.

I took on longan red dates tea yesterday and felt a little sore throat at night. This morning a little dry cough. Don't dare to drink again today. ;p Maybe will try again after 1 or 2 days.

God bless
happy.gif

Red velvet, 1 round of fresh. Aft failure, waited for a yr then do FET nw is my last bal of 3 embroys... My storage is due in Jun n thinking to jus give it a last shot, don't hv to waste storage but my sis advise me only to try when I'm physically n mentally ready.
Lately got some issue at hm n both of my sis who married last yr, both conceive within a few months of marriage n me still at ground level. I admit I'm desperate but who is nt as I the first to get married n still yet to hv my own bb
sad.gif

My sis hv been encouraging n ask me nt to compare n stress myself but can't help it. I felt bitter n jealous!
Praying for peace n banish such negative thoughts. God help me.

Ning, maybe ur body is heaty type hence take alt day. N remove the seeds fr the red dates so is nt that heaty.
U can take immunical to replace egg white for the protein u require.

Amazing Grace - So you are thinking to stop ttc-ing after that? Can share why? Sorry not trying to probe, just wanting to know why you stop trying after 1 IVF. Sisters here we try up to 3 times.

Amazing Grace, hugs. Don't lose heart. God sees your tears. Many sisters here also tried many years. Take one step at a time. Be positive and do the Fet first. Sisters here rooting and praying for you. Take care! Hugs again.

Red velvet, think u mistaken my message. I thinking to go FET once menses is here. But my sis advise me to delay first cos she feel Im too stress hence nt a gd time yet but I told her storage so long alr still wanna delay n moreover bal 3 n yet I hv to pay 300+. She say she rather pay for me n ask me relax a few months first cos she don't like me to take such hormonal pills. I will nt stop trying cos god is with me and is definitely a win win situation for us cos god will definitely emerge victorious!

Oic, so sorry I misunderstood your message. I thought after this fet, you are not trying ivf anymore. I can certainly understand how you feel. Last year, I was very very depressed because many of my friends got pregnant. I cannot even stand pregnant ladies on the street walking towards me. I felt very very awful. Like life has no meaning by itself. But I tell myself I got to come out of it and do something. That's why I am here.

Red velvet, is this ur first IVF?
I'm not only depressed but lost. I jus revolves ard ttc, what fd to eat, what to avoid, what I should do to conceive? Bb n Bb in my mind. Don't enjoy bd sessions anymore cos is like for the sake of Bb. N I tend to throw tamtrums alot n in a way our relationship is affected. God's love lead this lost sheep bk and im so glad to be bk in the embrace of god! N miraculously I'm able to control my temper n be humble n low my pride to my husband. When I think bk, if nt for this rocky journey that we are nw facing I would nt hv gotten bk to god n experience his goodness n his works in me.
Praise the lord!
Nw really in a dilemma whether I should go for my FET or wait. Expecting my menses in early June.

Amazing grace, this is my first Ivf. I have been trying for 8 years. 3 cycles of clomid and 1 iui. Removed polyps last month. I am looking forward to my Ivf in June. Currently only doing accupunture. Drinking LR tea daily and chicken essence 2x week. Quit sleeping late and coffee daily. I make sure that I eat very well everyday with lots of veges, fruits and protein. I take daily multi vit and royal jelly. I am doing this not just to get pregnant but also to stay healthy and young.
happy.gif
I know that if I can stay youthful, my eggs quality will also be good. I am not very good with keeping up with the exercise part which I should.

To share life on this forum is very healing to me. And to know that we have an awesome God gives me a lot of strength to carry on. The serenity prayer make great sense to me.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things
I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

In life, not everything goes along our way. I learnt to accept things I cannot change. Be thankful and grateful for what I have. I am thankful for my wonderful husband. To be married to him, is the best thing that ever happened to me. To be childless is not my choice and not in my control. What I can do is to continue to stay healthy, go for treatment and be positive of the outcome. If I am childless in the end, I know that God still love me the same. Just that it is not meant to be. Though my heart may break into pieces but I know I have to surrender to His sovereignty. I remember a sister here ever mentioned that our Christian life is personal, each is different. I cannot lead yours and you cannot lead mine. I sincerely wish you the best in your Christian walk. That you may have peace and breakthrough in Him. Jia you my sister! Trust God and in His perfect peace.

Velvet, you're a constant source of support here and for that I'm very grateful.
happy.gif

Ning dear, I didn't know I should be eating egg whites now, hehe. So far my diet has been pretty normal except I cut down on my fast food and drink the longan red date tea. I don't really know what are the do's and don'ts and if any of you know please share with me.
happy.gif
as for how i'm feeling ah, I cannot deny that I do get snappy and grouchy at the slightest things but each time it happens, I quickly go to God so I don't say the wrong things that might hurt people. But other than that, I really feel good and positive about this cycle!

Amazinggrace, I understand the frustrations of trying to have a bb. I have been trying for 5 years and still no result hence the ivf. My hubs and I have also gone through a lot of struggles but we allowed God to be the 3rd party in our marriage and allow Him to mediate whenever we quarrel. As for your final decision, you may try going to God and asking Him to show you an answer? My road to this ivf was met with a lot of obstacles. I surrendered myself fully to God and I must say, God's timing is impeccable. When I decided to resign my job to concentrate on my ivf, I did so with a peace in my heart knowing that it's in God's hands and I need not worry. I pray u will have the same peace I felt when you make your decision.

I will keep you sisters in my prayers tonight. Shalom!

Hi Ning,
Welcome! I am also with Dr Yu, preparing for FET now. Don't be scared, casts your eyes on Jesus. Have the nurses brief you abt what you need to do for the long protocol?

Hi AmazingGrace,
Welcome! It's hard and we understand your pain. Really thank God for bringing you back to Him thro this journey. Praying for God's peace to be with you and wisdom on the right timing to go for this FET.

RedVelvet,
Thank you for your wonderful sharing. Indeed, we must always give thanks to the Lord in all situations.

I am also thankful for the wonderful and supportive husband. Thankful for the wonderful sisters and encouragement here. Thankful that God is in control of all situations and His way is perfect!

Miracle,
I think there is a spreadsheet that contains dos and don'ts in the other thread. If I can find the link I will posts for you. But here is an extract from the file I have saved on my computer, hope this helps you:

INJECTIONS
- Use ice cube to numb area before jab or chill the alcohol swaps in the fridge
- if painful, gently rotate inject area in clockwise motion after jab and place warm towel

Do List:
- Take supplements (folic acid)
- Eat brazil nuts (2-3pcs per day, max 5pcs) *heaty
- Can eat sunflower seed, pumkin seed & flax seed
- Drink chicken essence (2-3x a week) * heaty
- Eat durian: 2-3 seeds per day * very heaty
- Eat high protein food. Such as egg whites, immunocal (max 3pkts/day), fish, meat
- Drink protein shake or Ensure milk or Anmum milk *heaty
- Red dates + Logan + Wolfberry drink [help in blood circulation & keep womb warm] *heaty
- Water intake 2L per day
- Use heat pads to warm womb ** do not use after et **

Don't List:
- Do not stand, sit, lie in a position for too long [walk a bit to promote cirulation]
- Do not self-medicate, always seek professional advices before taking any medication
- No hot suana or soaking of lower half of body in bathtub (during 2ww)
- No intercourse (during 2ww)
- No strenuous exercise (include squatting & lifting heavy things)
- No cold drinks
- No pineapple, watermelon, papaya, coconut, banana (green skin)
- No oysters, sashimi, raw food, spicy food
- No green beans + products related (include: sprouts, dong fen, tau suan)
- No sze chuan veg, old cucumber (brown), egg plant, soya bean
- No stringray, sotong, prawns, tuna, shark (may be 'poisonous' and high in mercury)

Harooh, good morning ladies.

This morning, I asked my girl girl what was she doing in the bathroom. And she answered in her action. "I am yanking out all the grass you planted for me." ...kekeke..Something for a laugh.
7075208.jpg

Red_velvet, that's a gd one. Ur cat is so furry n huggable. Is my childhood dream to hv a pet n when I finally hv my own hse Im worried like hw to take of the pet when both of us are working. N nw with me gg for treatment n tcm, gynae visit really drain us. N of cos I trust lord to provide for us.

Thanks Ladies for prayers n wonderful words of encouragement. I'm praying for god to guide me when I should do FET n hv peace n joy when I'm in the process. As my hubby is nt a Christian my walk in god is tedious too. Praise the lord for this breakthrough that my hubby's heart soften to lord. Even thou he has my accept Jesus but he allows me to pray knowing I feel peace n joy when I do so. I'm praying for him to accept lord n that one day where both of hubby n me n plus our little bb can be baitisped tog. Such a wonderful thought when I think of it. Btw gals do I hv to join a church first cos nw I'm currently nt with any church.
Ladies, I'm nt an expert but at least i hv been throu a cycle, feel free to post ur question n I'll try my best to ans.
Currently I'm taking conceive well plus folic acid on top of it. N when I goggle for the max dosage of the vitamins I can take cos afraid of overdose. I found they overdosage of folic acid leads to anemia hence I stop my folic acid. Conceive well alr contains folic acid. So pls remember to check as more does not mean good.

Something for sharing:
As believers, God has promised us victory. You may go through disappointments. At times, it seems like you’re far behind. But you’ve got to remind yourself, “God holds my future in the palm of His hand. He already knows the outcome. God never ends in defeat!” I’m going to come out of this better and stronger than ever before! Remember, He knows how it ends, and it ends in peace, joy and victory in every area of your life!

Thanks for the tips Joy! Looks like I got to be a bit more careful then! I'm taking the longan red date drink and also the chicken essence on alternate days. Hopefully this keeps my womb warm!

Hi Amazinggace, I suggest that you find a church where you can settle and maybe know people and have fellowship. I come from New Creation Church and love it very much. But I have been to a couple of other churches before finally deciding on it. You shd also take time to find the right church for u and ur family. Choosing a church is a very personal thing so I won't want to suggest too much. Hehe. But know that when you accept Jesus, you already have no condemnation and all your sins have already been borne on the cross by Him. Hope this helps.

I am in such a happy mood today, although staying at home is borderline driving me nuts! Anyone here also not working ad resting at home like me?

Hi miracle,
I love NCC also and hv been to a few seminars but personally do not kn anyone fr there. How do I enroll myself or must it be referral kind? Ps advise.
So u are nt working. Take this time to recuperate ur body n maybe do some exercise since u hv the time.
happy.gif

Hi Joy,

The nurse did go through but I still blur blur. Only things that sink in my mind are:
(1) Call SGH CARE on 1st day of menses!
(2) Lots of injections

And yups, all eyes on Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! ;)

God bless you in your FET!!!

Hi AmazingGrace,

Continue to cling onto God. There is none like Him!

Praying also that your hubby will accept God very soon! It will be a most beautiful picture when you and your hubby pray and worship God together on this special journey and days to come.

God bless
happy.gif

Hi Red_Velvet,

You very cute leh ...
& thanks for sharing the youtube, I enjoyed a short time of worshipping God along with the singing

happy.gif

Hi Ning,
What I can remember is roughly something like this:
1) Day21 - start lucrin injection
2) After about 12-14 days, they will take a blood test for E2.
3) Once it is sufficient suppressed, then you can start on the stimulation jabs (like puregon). Dosage and number of days will depend on your age and how you respond. *Note that this period, you will be injecting both lucrin and puregon.
4) Scans will be carried out to determine the growth of the eggs.
5) Once the eggs are grown to the req'd size, then you have a HCG shot before the Egg retrieval.
6) After that, they will fertilise the eggs. They will call you to tell you how many embryos fertilised etc before scheduling for the transfer.

Other sisters feel free to add on or comment, just in case my failing memory mixed up the steps somewhat.

Redvelvet,
Your cat is so furry. Must be very nice to hug.
happy.gif

Miracle,
I am also not working at this moment. So I know what you mean *wink*

AmazingGrace,
I am happy for you that your husband is open to the good news. Yes, do visit a few churches with your husband and find a place where both of you are comfortable.

I alternate my supplements, one day conceive gold, one day vit C with folic. Not taking anything else now, cannot stomach the taste of essence of chicken.

J Ning, dont be nervous. Be excited!! I am very excited. I am asked to take the new drug Elonva. It is a single jab to replace daily jab and later more jabs if required. But I know mine is short protocol. According to Dr Sheila, hospitals in Singapore have different practices. Raffles hospital does short protocol for most patients. 2 or 3rd day then start injection. To be honest, I am secretly praying to get pregnant before my IVF. Who knows scarely get 4D? Opps, tell you already means no more secret hor.Haha...:p

Miracle - Actually, there are many protein based food to take if you dont like egg white. For instance, protein powder, chicken essence, bird nest, chicken and fish protein. I tried taking egg white but I can only swallow 1 per day. That's why i have to look for alternative.

Joy- Am so happy to know that you are preparing for lining thickening. I will pray for you that your fet will happen really soon and it will be a successfully one. The reason why Jin and Zhao is because they take turn to take leave. Whenever Jin not around, Zhao sees patients. I am very scared of needles too. But according to research, accupuncture will help to strengthen the womb and help implantation. I just chiong. Keep telling my doc i am very scared of needles, please be gentle on me.

Miracle - Take good rest at home. Happy heart is the best medicine. Enjoy your rest. I am thankful for your encouragement too, we need one another. So keep it coming.

Blackberry, my sister. Cats are very territorial animals. There were times dh and I want to get a ragdoll kitten but very scared that Savannah will not get used to it so did not pursue. She is very fiesty. I understand what you mean by you starting a new season of your life. I pray that whatever you are doing, God will prosper because to me you are a special and wonderful woman of faith. Please stay with us here. We need your encouragement.
happy.gif

Emma, Trinity, Diamond T and Horsie, haven't forget you gals. How's everything going on? Update us so that we can pray for you.

Trusting Him, thanks for your encouragement. Please keep praying for us.

wow! very happening here! and good stuff too! PTL!

these few days have been crazy busy work days for me. i actually left work 7 years ago to ttc but was not a 100% sah(m?). it was quite trying as I questioned who i was when I was no longer working. God really taught me to find my identity and significance in Him. This journey has also taught me to see myself through His eyes. Tho at times painful and heart-wrenching, I am grateful for the chance to grow and meet sisters here (and i love them so). Truly, He has turned my mourning into dancing.

Miracle - I was w Dr Sadhana in my first 2 IVFs and FET too! Then I went over to Dr Foong, thanks to the recommendation by sisters here. My experience under His care was the best I have to say.By the way, a few sisters and I used to hang out and crochet when we were ttc-ing! We even exercised together too!

Red-velvet - Thanks for your kind words.
happy.gif
Am blessed! We were very worried when we took in Mayo. My hubby was especially paranoid and blamed Mayo for every 'abnormal' reaction that Nimbus displays. I was quite sad and wondered if we made the right decision. I read websites and tried to help him understand. Now, we are all okay. We have to give them time to adjust (and us too)! It's like having kid no2 i guess? Haha!

Amazing Grace - press on in ttc as well as reaching out to your hubby! he will see ur ways and be moved!

Joy - wah! u saved the list! think vanilla populated the list?! jiayou huh! hugs!

Ning - welcome and do share your thoughts and concerns with us.

Rest of the sisters, blackberry's eyes very flowery today so it is wave, wave from me and God's blessings and love to you!

Hi Amazinggrace, what you can do is to go to church and then ask those ushers where you can go to to join a Care Group. You can also meet me there if you wish, hehe..

Hi Ning, thanks for the spreadsheet. Actually for a while I was quite worried that I didn't eat the proper food like eggwhites and chicken essence etc. But I decided not to worry about it and threw all my cares to our Daddy God.

Wanna share something with you sistas on the healing power of God. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XBC85IZBS8

I was uber touched by it and it renewed my faith again after watching. You all know ah, since I am not working, I found I had time to cook dinner for my husband and welcomed him home with a smile and hot food for his stomach. So there's good and bad to staying home. Eventually I will want to go back to work but for now I am enjoying my rest and free time.

Joy, did you try heating up the chicken essence? I do it whenever I have to take it so it's slightly better. You just soak in in a bit of hot water to warm the contents.

By the way ladies, I didn't take Lucrin leh, just went straight to Puregon. Looks like different people have different dosages and plans for their cycles.

Yawnz.. I can never get enough sleep I don't know why. Hahaha. I wanna buy Precious Moments cross stitch. Do you guys know where to buy ah? I'm almost running out of my dvds and if I clean somemore, I will be OCD-ing on housework. Hahaha. Maybe Joy, if you need a friend to go shopping or tea with please call me! Hahah, my neighbour also suggested mahjong, but we short of 2 people. If you interested, we play small small ah. *winkz*

Guess I'm going to get ready for bed now. See you sistas in the morning. God bless and hope all of you have a good rest!

Morning sisters! How are you feelin today?

Feeling a little touchy since yesternite. My hubby says AF coming.

Miracle, thanks for sharing the youtube. Made me cried le!

Thanks all for your sharing and daily encouragement! Though I have only joined for a week, I have been encouraged and reminded of God's goodness and His love by you dear sisters here!

Thanks & God Bless!

Red_Velvet, so you started the cycle? Jiayou jiayou!
So nice, 1 jab to replace the many jabs ;p

Joy, you mentioned Day21 to start Lucerin injections, but the nurse at SGH and their notes say to start only when menses come. I am confused here le.

happy.gif

Back