Christian ivf mums or mums to be

Blessed New Year everyone!
Chrisl - hope you are progressing well!
Mricky - may baby A be completely healed and able to return home v soon.
DH - how are the babies? Is boy sucking better now?

The year end break of 2011 and new year day gave me time to indulge in my hobby (handicraft), surf many channels (thanks to starhub's generosity!) and read online news! 2 real life story/news strike me deeply.

The first is of Jaycee Lee Dugard - the US gal who was kidnapped at 11 years old for 18 years. She was raped and became a mother at 14 years old and then went on to have another baby later on by the same man. Finally free in 2009, she chronicled her story in detail in a bid to help others through TV interviews and a book she authored. Her courage and commitment to make her pain a gift move me deeply.I have expected her to be broken, resentful and traumatised. But she was not. She radiates warmth and care.

The second is of Kristian Anderson who died today. I read that online. I only knew who he was today. He managed to get NZ PM to read a birthday note to his (Kris) wife and Hugh Jackman to express his (Kris) love to her in a popular youtube video. He died at 36 of terminal bowel cancer and leaves behind his wife, Rachel and 2 boys aged 5 and 3. In his blog, i realise that he is a christian. Though it doesnt make sense to him at all that he should be taken at this time, he says he will choose to follow the light. His commitment to God caused some to think he was crazy. The blog is aptly titled ' How the Light Gets In'. Besides his faithfulness to God, he made time in his final months to raise awareness of bowel cancer and shone for God. I am awed and moved as well.

These 2 people make me think of life and 2012. What does it mean to have lived well? Esp given the pain, trauma and suffering? My insight is that to have lived well is to have loved and to continue loving. Because God is love.

May 2012 see our hearts growing in love with and for God and for those around us...to always let the Light get into our hearts and through us.

Its the start of the year and I feel depressed. I am getting older and sense that it is game over already since I am turning 39. I have not been able to sleep, tossing and turning every night.

How to overcome this?

Why does God have to put christian couples through all this suffering?

Why must the newspaper keep on featuring families with many many children. Why can't they feature those like me with only one child?

What have we done so wrong that we have to go through this? IS God angry with me over something?

Ha'lo sisters.
Good to be back here for the new year. Wow! Time flies! I've known u sisters here for quite some time already. I thank God every day for bringing me here and giving me the opportunity to know all of u here.

It wasn't a very great 2011 but then again it wasn't that bad either. Well, I'm still in this ttc journey so I pray that He will show me some sign, give me some direction in 2012. Will be keeping YOU in my prayers as well. U know who YOU are.

Blackberry:
Thank you for sharing the 2 real life stories. I actually went to google. Like TH, am encouraged.

Yve - Good to see you here again!
happy.gif
Time indeed flies! Our friendships here have grown through this divine 'meeting' here. i am amazed.

xmas baby

i hear you and hugs.
i used to think that when i am in pain, i should consider those in greater pain and suffering and consider myself blessed. the fact that i am blessed (even without a child) still holds true but i have come to realise that one's suffering and pain cannot be negated when we perceive 'worse' sufferings. each suffering and pain is unique just as each life is unique. i cannot lead your life and you cannot live mine. every pain and every struggle is thus personal. and God knows.

your questions are questions that have been cried out since the beginning of time. is God really good? is God really powerful? these are questions that can take us into deeper faith or throw us off balance totally. i hope you will find the patience to sit with God through this and hear His whispers of love and answers. He is faithful and will draw near to you as you draw near to Him.

finally, a verse to share... "Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him." James 1:12.

May we all persevere in life's journey whether ttc, parenthood, spousehood or work...blessed 2012 cos we have a God who blesses!

Hi ladies, blessed new year!

Blackberry, I think Caleb is sucking well considering his condition. Both him and Sophie are putting on weight, averaging about 2.5kg. Praise the Lord!
My wife brought them to polyclinic to check for their jaundice level but was told to wait 2 hours to test blood and another 2 hours to see doctor. In the end, my wife left with babies (how to let the two premmies wait for 4 hours in a virus-filled environment?). Will pray for God to take control of their jaundice level.

Xmasbaby: I know how you feel a little from my wife. My wife and i are in our late 30s too and had been through lots of emotional roller coasters, wondering if God has forgotten us. Was reading book of James recently and was reminded again to persevere in all circumstances. Don't give up and I will pray for you too.
May the scripture below encourages you.
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do. (James 1:2-8 NIV)

Consider it pure joy.... - a constant reminder to myself....

Thanks blackberry
happy.gif

Im well..God is good (as always)..i've been thru 1st scan and my EDD will be 25th Aug..and so fast im going to 8 weeks this tuesday!

DH~can go to pte clinic instead? Cos faster if pre-book appointment. One clinic i went to usually gave priority to young bbs..but i supposed if you let the nurses know, they'll give you early slots so bb can go home early.

Chrisl

Congrats.. your first scan must have been an exciting moment :)

How's the winter in Norway?

We are counting down to CNY now in SG..It's another great time of festivities to sit down with family and friends. I am already looking longingly at my pineapple tarts, love letters, and other yummy goodies.

hey joie! Thanks Yes the scan was kinda unforgettable!

it's up and down here on the weather, we had a storm over christmas and it was blackout during the evening of christmas! But we had candles all over the hse..nice experience
happy.gif

Yes! CNY is drawing near! Im trying or attempting to create my own mini CNY celebration in my hse haha but im not too into the mood to make too much tarts and kueh lueh..just some for deco only..i'll be making the dinner myself..now still planning the menu
happy.gif
You got your 'nian huo' already not? It's sure so much festive mood there .. im actually missing it..maybe going back with bb &hb next year
happy.gif

joie - *wave* have to catch up some time!

chrisl- glad to hear that ur scan was gd and that u had a bit of adventure over christmas! wow, candles! sounds romantic. u take good care! keep warm and keep on praying!
happy.gif

yes, cny is around the corner. i am tolerating all the 'cai shen dao' CNY songs. very headache-inducing. what i look forward too is just simple dinner with family members. cookies here are getting pricey and, erm quite avant garde - like pineapple tarts with charcoal and cheese pastry! haha.

God bless us all!

Hi all!

As we entered into 2012, and with CNY drawing near, I wish every sisters and brother here a very happy and blessed new year!

God has been good and we have seen some breakthroughs in TTC journeys of some of our sisters here. I pray that we will see even more this year, that we may all be a living testimony of our wonderful and ever faithful God. You are all in my prayers.

To those sisters who are on their TTC journey, jiayou! Remember nothing is impossible with our Lord!
happy.gif

To the rest of sisters, esp those with young kids, I pray for health for all in the family.
happy.gif

Time flies! Ive already been in Perth for more than half a year.. and will be back this Nov! Woohoo!! Cant wait to be back to see all my wonderful sisters again!
happy.gif

Can't wait to see u again, Tokkie! Miss u much much.

CNY is just a week away. This time of the year reminds me how painful it is for some of us here when we get asked 'those' questions again. Even for those of us who have already got one, relatives ask about number 2 or 3! Someone should conduct a course on CNY chat topics! A good fren of mine told me that he was being begged by his single female subordinates to let them go on leave so that they don't have to face those questions! There seems no escaping whatever stage of life we are at.

Well, some of us can't go away and just have to brace ourselves for the all too familiar questions. In times like this, i believe we have to, all the more, hang on to our identity in Christ. And not be sorry! That we are very loved, not any less, and we are blessed, that we have been paid for by the blood of Christ and we have more than enough in His kingdom.... Cheers, everyone! Eat well, laugh often and love much!

hi everyone, i have been rather worried in the past few weeks but i see hope when i see came across this article. It is about how God healed a boy who has rather severe autism

http://www.jubilee.nl/index.php?option=com_jub_content&view=article&id=131%3Aabout-autism&catid=64%3Aonderwijs&Itemid=116

and this u tube about a autistic girl who can communicate and is in gifted class
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34xoYwLNpvw

all these bring hope to me... i hope in whatever situation we are all in.. God is still as real to you as He is to me.. daily i have lots of questions and some times i have answers some times no answers n no solution.. n i will just asked God to see us through.

to my eldest born, he is asking God why God gives him a brother like Joash and if he(Rafael) has been naughty and God punishes him by sending Joash to us. I told Rafael that is wrong thinking and Joash is a blessing too! and after watching the u tube i realised no matter how severly autistic a child is he or she can still understand n will be so sad if they know they are called a failure.

Every child has a purpose in this life..

in finding God in autism, the author parents told him the bigger the trial the greater is God's testimony ! so hang in ladies.. we have battles to fight daily but we have someone who knows us right from birth!

Trusting him~
I once had an autistic child in my pre school class, and he's very into cars& transportations..the geez is i believe that when teaching children with autism, one really need to have the patience and to talk to the child very very often more often one to one than other children..through hand gestures and use your hands/fingers to lead child's eyes into your eyes..initiating eye contact+ loads of pictures helps. I found that it helped me further than just talking to the child like that..cos child might be looking everywhere else than you..But with God's grace, im sure HE's leading you!
happy.gif

Im now into my 11th week today..just thinking about what a friend on FB shared - 'Hypobirthing' What are Christians views on this? I am just so afraid of pain!!!

thanks Chrisl frankly i do not know what so difference about my son now i believe in the power of prayers and i also think the therpies might have helped but it is once a week or could be the sister.. he is talking more now but i am still going for therapies at kk sgh n private.. he will be assessed again in May but on 15 th feb he will be going to AWWA special school. I am praying that he does not need to go to the school as it is a daily commitment and i need to follow. I still have to take care of 2 other children so i prayed that he does not need to go the special school.

I really thank God that despite not going to child care for close to 3 weeks he was not crying today when he goes there.

i do believe in miracles n pray he will be totally healed.. but i am loving him more n more each day cos he is really naughty at times but he does cries qutie a bit and want to be carried all the time when outside.. but we are praying that he will be well n normal.

Trusting him I'll be keeping you in my prayers too!

Ladies looks like i need to hv more faith like Trusting him too..cos since yesterday night till now i've been spotting + menstrual like crampings..HB just called the midwife and she said if more then hv to call the standby doc here and admit hospital
sad.gif
sad.gif
Im in week 12...anyone have had similar experienced in week 12 b4?

Chrisl - will keep you in prayers. Lean on the Lord and pray for the strengthening of your womb and bb. Take good care. Get sufficient rest, lie down and don't move around if possible. Hugs.

How are u chrisl? Spotting stopped? I found a website Godvine n read some testimonies. This wed Joash will be assessed by psychologist n i prayed there will not be anything so special that need special school. We are trusting God that he is just normal but slower in speech than sister. But really thank God for danielle she is a big jie jie she will insist of holding didi hands n even when di di cried ot be carried some times she will tell didi i carry u! Hang in there Chrisel

Hi chrisl Cld b plancenta previa or u need more progestro e support. Try to lie down more n avoid heavy or strenuous carrying walking etc. I suspect u need pop by ur gyane n a scan can confirm the former.. If so it can b tricky n warrant more rest in bed etc... If latter more progestrone n dupstone support will v given.

But most imptly pray to Him for protection... Try not to worry as stress is bad see if Tom u can get to c ur gynae

Trusting him~
Yes children develop at different rates..everyone is unique in our own ways, your boy might be slow in speech wise now but hey, he might grow out of it sooner than you think! Our PM Lee was dyslexic and look at him now..even can speak malayu!

Anyways...ladies it was a 一场欢喜一场空 for me as i've lost my poor bb yesterday. The miscarriage process was terrible for me..long story--spotting became more and cramps more intense..then came saturday had to go doc--doc told me go home rest!!! (so irresponsible) then went back again 2nd time to show pictures of bloody mess and in hope of him getting an ambulance for me to the hospital but nothing! Sent home again but well he booked a hospital appointment at 10am and gave me just a panadol--went home-worsen..finally everything came out on itself and i've lost that..subsequently we have to drive to hospital ourselves for a v scan later that morning at 10am sunday showed it was gone and well luckily D&C not required.. keep asking why and why GOD ..why put us in such ordeal? I don't know if God is punishing me cos of mistakes i've made in the past??? So many questions in my mind...
sad.gif
sad.gif

Chrisl *hugsss* first of all, dont think that way that God is punishing you .. God dont give and then take back just to trample on us this way. That wont be God. He loves us more then we can ever understand. I know at first instance, its very natural to ask "why God"? We may never know why now but someday we will. Right now, just allow yourself to grieve and heal. And i believe for every tear that fell and all the anguish we feel, God feels the same too.

I read your ordeal at the other threads. For now, whats more important is recovering well. You still have 4 embryos? They are waiting for you. Recover well so that you may try again and receive them soon.

When i had my MC 2 years back, sisters here shared with me how to get back pink in health. I found the postings, let me share them with you.

This is what Vanilla found for me, got from the net:

Pork ribs & peanut soup (serves 4)

Ingredients :

Pork ribs 500gm
Fresh groundnuts 300gm
Red dates 12 pcs
Garlic 6 pcs
Huiji waist tonic 60-80ml (I think the waist tonic’s Chinese name is huiji bu yao jing. Can get at NTUC fairprice)

Instructions:

1. Clean pork ribs

2. Boil pork ribs with groundnuts in water and pour away water

3. Put fresh water to boil and add in red dates and garlic to simmer for around 1 hour

4. Add 60-80 ml of Waist tonic

5. Serve immediately while hot,

BLACK CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN SOUP
(This tonic is good for invigorating blood circulation. Take plenty of rest after drinking this soup to help speed up recovery!)

1 Black Chicken
200g Black Beans
2 cups Chinese Rice Wine / DOM
4 slices old ginger
2 Tbs Sesame Seed Oil

* Gut & Clean Chicken.
* Heat Oil then fry ginger slices and black beans until fragrant (approx 2 to 3mins). Then also add the chicken to fry about 5mins.
* Put all the ingredients into the crockpot aand fill pot with HOT water until the level is about 1/2full. Boil for 2 to 3hrs until soup is fragrant.

If you want to do simple dishes, can also try frying fish with ginger. And vege also with ginger. Basically lots of ginger. I also fried chicken with sesamine oil and ginger. My mum also fried liver pieces with ginger. Then eat with rice.

And becos you bled alot, after your bleeding stop, can nourish with liver pieces too. Did the hospital give you iron pills?

Drink some red dates longan drink if you can. To build up blood circulation and warm the womb again. Its good you didnt need DnC, at least the insides are not touched.

Chrisl- my heart goes out to you. I have had one MC and I remember the anguish and disbelief. I lost mine without any symptoms. Had to do a D&C. Take time to grieve, air your thoughts to God. In the stillness you will find Him and understand His heart and His ways. Hugs, my dear sister.

Sunny - good to have you back....

Hi Chrisl, i am saddened by what u experienced. Our hearts need time to heal so cry when u need to. It's sad to hear how u had been treated at the doctor.

It's difficult to accept it now but don't believe it's the punishment fr God. He won't use such method to punish His beloved children. May His healing be upon u in ur heart, mind and soul. Love ya sister.

Sunny, miss ya. How u r?

Chrisl, big hugs...
Take time to grieve over your loss... There's no words to describe the sadness ...

Eat stuff with plenty of ginger.
A lot of us are using iPhones, if you want someone to talk to, PM me your number and maybe we can do a Whatsapp

hi chrisl,
hugs, no amount of words can take away ur pain but do take heart that God knows ur pain.

Our God is not a vengeful God, He is love and mercy and grace. Things happen for a reason and He only knows why.

He never promises things are all rosy and fine if we call Him Lord Lord, but one thing for sure is He is always with us.

Take time to pray, cry and we are all here for u. do a mini confinement, drink red dates longan water and some receipes above sunny posted are good.

Hugs

thanks sisters in christ for your kind comforting words..well i am still grieving no doubt..but hopefully lesser by the day..thanks for the prayers and recipes as well. Right now im trying to build up health..and also talking to God..oh i don't have iphone and whatsup it's ok, i'll drop by here and i know i can talk to you ladies on this the forum to share...thanks everyone again..AGAPE

Hihi sisters, i am fine, thanks for asking. Just very busy at work and cant access forum in office during daytime, nightime want to access already s tired. End up i just drifted away from forum.

Vanilla, when was your message? I didnt receive leh. There was a period of time in Jan i went Japan for almost 2 weeks though. Maybe i missed you then cos my SIM card changed phones when there.

Chrisl, will de. The pain is raw now but it will heal day by day, pace by pace, step by step. *hugsss again* sis.

Hi Chrisl,
Take ur time to heal. Each day will get better. I remember I cried everyday when I had my 1st m/c for 2 whole weeks. It was too much for my hb that he complained to the dr. Dr said it was good that I let it out immediately and did not bottle up my feelings. It could be a lot worse if it came later. I did not have it easy when I m/c a 2nd time. But I was a lot more involved with church then. So that could be a reason why I got back on my feet a lot faster. I had a lot of questions in my head then. I'm sure u too, right now. My questions, no one has any answer/s. But somehow, it doesn't matter anymore.

Hi NZ. Hi sunny.

Hi Chrisl,
Hugs, sorry to hear about your loss and what you had gone through. No words can ease your pain, do take time to grieve, and heal. Take care and if you need any 1 to talk too.. pls feel free to drop by here.

Hello to the rest of the sisters, TH, NZ, Sunny, Joie, Blackberry, Vanilla and Yve!

thanks gals,
been hard esp the week aftermath..but now slightly better..im planning a trip to go 散散心 with hb. At the same time been doing a mini confinement these days..can't help but still worry if this MC will affect subsequent pregnanacy or not..any sisters here experienced the same as me b4? and then got successfully preggy and carry bb till full term later?

I need a prayer for my friend's bro she just shared with me that her sis in law expecting twins after two miscarriages but the twist is they just found out in the 14th week bb night be down one out of 48 chances and they have to wait till wk 20 to do another blood test to cfm what to do next. They want to keep the twins but might need to do selective abortion if really there is a need. They are seeing a gynae n gleneagles n might go see ann tan for 2 opinion. Please pray for the twins that they are normal and healthy..it is really dificult... I fully undertsand...wait so long n now finally preg naturally with twins n was shocked to hear high possibility of down..how tough esp carrying twins have enough complications on it own..please pray for God divine intervention..thanks

I need a prayer for my friend's bro she just shared with me that her sis in law expecting twins after two miscarriages but the twist is they just found out in the 14th week bb night be down one out of 48 chances and they have to wait till wk 20 to do another blood test to cfm what to do next. They want to keep the twins but might need to do selective abortion if really there is a need. They are seeing a gynae n gleneagles n might go see ann tan for 2 opinion. Please pray for the twins that they are normal and healthy..it is really dificult... I fully undertsand...wait so long n now finally preg naturally with twins n was shocked to hear high possibility of down..how tough esp carrying twins have enough complications on it own..please pray for God divine intervention..thanks

Dear all,

I am back after many years, realize it is still the same faithful few in this support group....

Do u still remember me vaguely...

Trusting Him: I know it must be a very stressful time for your friend. One of my twins was classified as high risk during OSCAR test. We couldn't sleep and rest for 2 months till the detailed scan in week 20. I told my wife no matter what, the babies are God given and in no way we will abort them even if they turn out to have Down. We prayed and committed that to the Lord and our babies came out fine. I think this could be a good opportunity for you to share Christ with them and for them to see how great our God is. How are your twins? Recovered?

DH thanks so much i think my friend's brother should be better after what u forward to me... my twins are much better now but i think it is bad timing to go cc now cos of HFMD.... but i really want them to be learnign some thing instead of staying home all the time

Trusting him, the twins will learn through their play. You have plenty of toys to keep them entertained :)
Many HFMD cases nowadays, better to keep them away from school for the time being.

Yes MS Family! The nick sounds familiar. Hope u are well
happy.gif

DH - good to see u here! ur twins doing well?

*waves* - Trusting Him, Joie and many silent sisters!

Have been busy. Good busy... Haha. Just thought to share some thoughts from a book that my prayer partner and I are currently exploring. The section is titled 'Five good ways to tell if your walk with God is shallow'...

1. If you follow the Lord for only what He can do for you, then your walk with Him is shallow. If you love Him enough to ask what you can do for Him, then your r/s is growing deep.

2. If you only pray to God when things are tough or you need something, then your walk with Him is shallow. If you find yourself praying to Him many times a day just because you love to be in His presence, then your r/s is growing deep.

3. If you get mad at God or disappointed at Him when He doesn't do what you want, then your walk with Him is shallow. If you can praise God no matter what is happening in your life, then your r/s with Him is growing deep.

4. If you love God only because of what He does,then your walk with Him is shallow. If you love and revere Him for who He is, then your r/s with Him is growing deep.

5. If you think you have to beg God or twist His arm to get Him to answer your prayers, then your walk with Him is shallow. If you believe that God wants to answer the prayers you pray in line with His will, then your r/s with Him is growing deep.

Got me thinking and reflecting... They are quoted from 'The Power of A Praying Woman' by Stormie Omartian. I dont quite like the judgement on shallow, but I love the invitation to grow deep... Hope you will too. May we be the well rooted trees for our families and loved ones! Blessings!

Back