Choa chu kang mummy club

Hi Athen,

Should be, I am not so sure also. During my DD P1 orientation the school used fruits as their grp and it also represent their class. For example she is in Durian and her class is 1 Diligence, last year still the same using fruits but I don't know why this year only provide grp number.

Snowball, so yr DD might be same class with Athen DS..let's see.

C U all..

Hi Cuitezayn,

There are 8 classes. I heard there are gp no as big as 16 leh. Anyway, let's see how la. If DS's classmates are in the same class as him, then good luck to the teachers lor.

Athen,

U mean a few from MFS also in the same grp...lol
Ya, only hv 8 class. I don't know hv a total of 16 grps so maybe some changes this year.

Cutiezayne,

Not sure which gp is his classmates going. I'll find out during the graduation concert tonite. ha...

Hi Snowball,

How did u know about the orientation? Hope it is on 1 Dec as I have an event in late morning on 24 Nov. If is on 24 Nov, I'll have to leave early & hubby & DS will stay for the rest of the session.

Hi Athens,

I called the studentcare to check on the collection of foc uniform. The acting principal picked up the call & told me that orientation will b on either date. They will keep us updated.

Hi Cuitezayn,

DS is in Gp 6 & he said none of his frens in his Gp. I thought we will only know the class he will go at the end of the orientation period? How do u know which class he will be in?

However, I did notice a letter "E" was handwritten in pencil next to "P1" on the purple form. Is that the class he will be going? Confused.

Hi Athen,

Maybe yr DDS is in 2 Empathy. What you mena by "he will go at the end of the orientation period" ? Are you refering to they might chg class 2weeks after school reopen ?

Hi Athens/ Cutiezayn,

My DD1 also has a CC classmate in same class. Think my Gal will b in 1 Integrity as I also noticed the marking "I" on the PDF.

That is wat I understand from my colleague whom I met during the orientation....she has an older child in P3.

Snowball,

Ya, this should be the case. About the change of class after two weeks, only minority of them need to change.
When my girl was in P1 2 year ago, the form teacher say the chg was due to some children can't express what they need in english so they shouldn't stay with a Malay form teacher inorder not to cause any misunderstanding. Not sure how true is it..

kiat hong childcare blk 435cck is really bad,they are didnt taking care of the kids,one of the day i came early to fetch my son and i saw the teacher scold the baby so jalak.i will withdraw my kids by next month,any mommy know other childcare better then Kiat hong?please introduce to me!many thanks

Hi Athens,

Your son started going to the student already? My DD1 and a no. of her CC friends transferred yesterday. Seemed that she is having a good time there on the first day
happy.gif

I am quite surprised that the studentcare is quite full with almost 100 students now.

Hi Fierre,

DS had a few CC classmates transferred from Flamingo to MFS this yr. So not sure if there is a problem there. U may want to check out the centre yourself.

Hi Snowball,

Yesterday was DS's 1st day in Agape. He too had a good time. He told me there are 11 kids in P1 class. He also had 2 of his classmates from CC went there.

When I dropped him off yesterday, I was greeted by the principal whom I was surprised that she knows DS's name. But when I dropped him off this morning, I don see any teachers.

Noted that they are going Bt Timah Natures Reserve next Fri. I feel that the price of $12 is a bit high. Outing organised by MFS is usually less than $10 depending on where they go. The most recent trip organised by CC to Kids kampong Pasir Ris only costed us $9.50 including 2 parents & transport. Is it because MFS is govt linked while Agape is privately run?

Hi Athens,

Of the 11 P1 kids, think ard 6 of them transferred from former CC. The principal greeted us this morning when I senty DD1 at ard 7.10am this morning. My DD's CC outings can cost ranging from $10 - $30. Last week, they went Ducktour n KFC lunch cost $30 per child. They usually have outings every term. I am not sure about the studentcare tho. But, every Jun, the Cc& studentcare will organise a 3-day day camp.

Hi Snowball,

Wow... Outing trip costing between $10 - $30 is not cheap. In MFS, we usually pay for the entrance fee (if applicable) & transport (less than $5 per pax). Meals are usually prepared & packed by the centre as they discourage fast food meals. Entrance fee is usually negotiated by centre with vendor & they get group discount. So we pay minimal. I guess that is the difference between privately run centres & govt linked centres. No choice rite?

Hi Athen,

I should think so. Like the last time when the CC went to Bird Park and the CC packed fried rice for lunch, we still have to pay about $20 ea for that outing.

Btw, the student got Chinese Enrichment class for P1 kids. Are you letting your DS sign up?

Hi Snowball,

I'm not sure whether to sign up for the Enrichment class. Do you know what is covered in the class?

Hi Athens,

The Chinese Enrichment is conducted by Apple Pie Language School. U can get the details from the Principal/ school teachers. The class is conducted on Tues mornings (during their time in Student care). I am not signing up for my DD1 as yet. Will monitor her progress in P1 for 6 mths before I decide if she needs extra enrichment for Chinese.

Hi Snowball,

DS attended Apple Pie in MFS. It was relating to speech & drama. So I'm not sure what they will cover for P1 kids. Let me check with teachers.

Hi Athens,

My BIL's kids also in MFS in AMK....But, they cannot form a class for English Speech & Drama class...so the class did not commence.

My kids also attended the English S & D with Apple Pie @ their CC. I find its so so only. But, my kids like, so I let them continue.

If I am not wrong, Apple Pie is stronger in Chinese than English. Do let me know if you decide to sign your DS up.

Hi Cutiezayn,

MFS started offering enrichment classes when DS is in K1. I let him attend Apple Pie Chinese Speech & Drama since K1. They started English Speech & Drama, Science, Arts & Abacus this yr.

I let him continue Apple Pie & add on English Speech & Drama, Arts. Speech & Drama not run by Apple Pie. I think is IQ Kids.

Hi Snowball,

Maybe some parents find the enrichment class pricey that's why cannot form a class? These classes range between $45 - $60+. 4 times a mth & 45 mins each session.

My mthly payment to CC is around $450+ including all the enrichment classes.

Hi Snowball,

I just called Applepie. Apparently, this Chinese enrichment class is only available in Agape Yew Tee. They will teach using the Chinese textbook, using games, 朗诵 to stimulate kids interest on Chinese. They also teach Pin Yin. When they use the textbook, they will be teaching ahead of the sch.

My worry is if Apple Pie teach using textbooks, the kids maybe bored & not pay attention in sch since they already know what the teachers are going to teach.

Hi Athen,

This is my worry that the enrichment class teach ahead of the textbook. I feel that CC has prepared my DD1 quite well for Chinese and HYPY. Hence, I intend to monitor for the first 6 mths before deciding if my DD1 need help with Chinese enrichment.

Hi mummies, I need some advices,
Currently my dd is at kinderland (beside lot 1), I like the both the teachers that teaches in her class, teacher irene and Guan lao shi (pre nursery).
She was promote to nursery class and has changed teacher just few weeks ago, and she return home with poo poo stains in her underwear every day,
till I feedback them and things got better, but the current teacher was giving excuses which I find it ridiculous coz previously my dd don't have this problem while she's at prenursery class. Then her Chinese teacher was telling me that now her class is 1 teacher to take care of 16 students which I was very shocked. Asked the principal and she says is 2 teachers to 16 students.

Kinderland's cc fee is quite ex, and now the cc wants to charge us for the speech and drama which we need to top up on top of the school fee, which makes the total school fee's about $1.1k. Even though with working mum subsidy I still feel the stress of paying the school fee's every month, and now I am already looking around for another cc which I can enrol my girl in.
But without a doubt I can see my girl is happy while in kinderland, so I was torn in between if I should or should I not change CC for my girl or not.

Currently I had placed waiting list for sparkletots at blk 567, the place was quite small but was clean and pleasant enough, though 1 of the chinese teacher there was kinda attitude during my visitation over there today.

So mummies, do you think if I should change cc for my girl or just let her continue at kinderland? Actually the school fee my DH and I still can manage just that I feel kinderland is very "money face" at times.

Hi Xian186,

Is Speech & drama at kinderland part of the normal circumlum or is it an enrichment class? If it is an enrichment class, parents will have to pay for it.

DS was with MFS, I let him join Eng & Chinese speech & drama & Arts class as enrichment. I also have to pay for it. In total, I paid $400+ including CC fees.

As to whether if you should change cc, it really depends on whether you are comfortable with Kinderland now. If not comfortable, I suggest you change. Else you will have sleepless nights.

From my experience privately run CC are more "money face" than those govt link ones like Spakletots & MFS. They have shareholders to report to.

Hi Athen,

Yes the speech and drama is enrichment class, so after adding g the cc fee total fee is $1.1k already.
Personally I felt like changing sch for dd coz they are really vv money faced. But 1 thing Dh and my concern is dunno if she will be happy after changing school, so far I tried to search for reviews for sparkletots yew tee Blk 567 and I can't find any. Since sparkletots is link to govt, their standard should be ok right?

Hi Hazelitoh,

Sparkletots @ Blk 567 is new. May not have reviews. Some feel that govt linked CC provides the basic foundation to prepare for pri sch. Some feel they do not provide enough. Be it govt link or not, different parents have different standards & opinion. Best if you can go in & discuss with the principal, see if the kids are happy.

Take MFS as an example. They do not do Spelling or Ting Xie. They are more focus on learn through play & general knowledge. DS is able to spell & write quite a no of words. Some parents may feel that this is not enough. I'm now sure how Sparkletots work. Good luck.

Hi Athens,

We were away for holidays & din know what they served for tea. I thot all the student care's food is prepared n sent over from the child care ctr opp. My DDs have barley water, chrysanthenmum tea, milo, etc for their tea break. Will find out more from the acting principal nx Mon. My DD dun take tea, she's into kopi-o ( influenced by me :p). I make her bring 1 pkt of milk everyday for her teabreak.

Hi Xian186,

Like what Athens has pointed out, U have to manage your expectations when U want to switch your daughter from private to govt CC.

Most impt is your DD & yourself/ hb shd like tge plc. I used to hv intention to put my kids @ Kinderland but was kinda putoff by the attitude of the prinpcipal & one of the teachers then ( that was about 4 yrs ago). My kids' CC charge abt $700 after Eng S&D, Art enrichment ( Chinese S & D, gym play n music toolbox include in CC fees). One thing I like abt the CC is the low teacher turnover rate. My DD1 got same teachers for her K1 & K2 which has minimal disruption on her learning progress.

Hi Snowball,

Yes. Food from student care prepared by CC opp. I have spoken to the principal & told her not to give DS milk tea. I also realised that they served milo almost everyday. I have suggested to the principal that milk should be included in the menu instead of the current arrangement which is once a week.

The principal told me that milo is served everyday because some kids do not like milk. So they add milk powder into milo. Then I told her that the 3 kids from MFS do not have problem with drinking milk as it is not MFS's policy to serve milo.

Hi Athen,

My DD is a fussy drinker when it comes to milk. She don't want to drink the milk provided by the CC and I have to let her bring a pkt of UHT milk to CC to drink everyday.

But, she is ok when it comes to the food served. She usually go for 2nd serving during mealtimes.

Hi. I'm new here. Just moved to CCK. I'm looking for a CC for my 2yo boy. Anybody's child in MFS at near South View Pri or Kinderland at Lot 1? Would like some feedback for these 2 places... They are nearest my place. Thank u!

need some advise..
my son will be going to student care in the morning, teacher will bring him to school in noon.
meaning i need to pack:
1. one bag for student care with uniform + towel
2. one bag for textbooks
3. one bag for lunch/tea break at school.

look like a lot of things to bring hor?
how to 'solve the problem'??

Hi Snowball/Athen,

Did you attend the 1st day talk in YTPS, is it mean that their class is not fix till 11th Jan ? As I hv an important meeting that day so I did not attend.

Hi Oily,

DS also in student care. He'll have a showerbag with sch uniform & towel & sch bad with textbooks. That is quite a lot of thing to bring. I asked him to leave the showerbag in student care. We'll pick it up in the evening either b4 or after I pick him up from sch.

As studentcare provides lunch, I did not pack lunch for him. I give him pocket money to buy food during recess. So eliminated 1 bag.

Hi CuiteZayn,

I attended the 1st day talk in YTPS. Very heavy session. I almost dozed off. Class will not be fixed till 11 Jan.

Hi Athen,

Ya, I attended 2 years ago and I believe is more or less the same.
Ok, thanks for your feedback as I have not write the class for all his activity books.

Hi Athens,

Yes the parent orientation is too heavy weighted. Yes class not fixed until nx Fri. But its basically combination of 2 OGs with minor adjustments. My DD1 shd b in Class 1 Integrity. U chk the health briefing booklet...class is written there.

Hi Snowball,

Are you referring to the booklet containing the green & purple forms which were submitted to the sch today? If yes, nothing was written on mine.

Hi Athens,

My DD's class teacher put her name n class on the front page of the booklet from MOH. That is how I know.

Btw, my DD told me that Mon is the last day they have the buddy to help them buy food. Duno if she heard this correctly.

Hi Snowball,

So is the same as previous only minor adjustment, then my DS is in 1 Care.

Athen,

Actually u can ask your DS, which class is he in now. I think that will be his class unless he need to be change.

OMG, 2nd day only lost his water bottle..

Back