Choa chu kang mummy club

Anyone put your kid in agape student care yew tee 632? I am thinking to enrol my son in agape since he will start his school in ytps next year. Currently I have maid with me, I am thinking not to renew my maid contract because she is getting out of hand, she is giving me a lot of headache but I am enduring until now She will talk back to me whenever I "talk" to her which is obviously she did not do right thing eg. She told off my son "stupid" in front of me,it just because my son did not know how to read certain word(he still 5years old anyway) of course he may not able to read those difficult word. Still have few more headache causes by her if I want to list down here I need to write a lot threads

Mustn't let this kind of headache be transferred. Send her back after her contract. All the best to your cc arrangement.

hi Rebekah,

I just read your previous post and realize that your child was in playgroup in April. My son just get in the playgroup this month july.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Are there any recommended childcare centres in cck region? I'm staying Ard sunshine place. Planning to send my boy for 18 months class.
Initially short listed ichiban after viewing a few centres here but realised ichiban seem to have poor comments.
Any advise? Thank

Hi mummies,

Any recommendation for student care in Yew Tee area?

I have shortlisted a few :

1) Agape Student Care at Blk 632A
2) Growing Up Learning Centre at Blk 541
3) PCF Yew Tee Branch at Yew Tee CC
4) Life Edutrain Centre at Blk 790
5) Pro-Tech BASC at Blk 555

DS is currently K2 in MFS Blk 603

Hi Athen

I have frens send their kids to agape and pro-tech.

Best u visit the student care to find out more and which one can meet your expectation.

Cheers

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the advised. We visited a few centres. Seems like Agape has the best environment. Will bring DS to have a look next Sat during their open house.

Hi Athens,

I am also thinking if I shd let my DD1 go Agape studentcare or let her stay homewith my maid next yr.

Her current CC will be arranging an imersion prog for the K2 kids whom wants 2 transfer 2 the studentcare nx year. I'll probably also dropby nx Sat during the open house.

my son will be going to unity primary.
most prob will go to the student care opp the school.
anyone same school as my son next yr?

Hi Snowball32,

You are the same Snowball from KS parents forum rite?

I'll put my DS in student care cos if he stays at home, he'll watch TV & nothing else. Furthermore, I don have a maid. At least going to studentcare, he'll do a bit of homework.

Hi Oily,

DS is going YTPS next yr. A few of DS's classmates are also going Unity.

Hi Athen,

Yes, same one from KS parents forum
happy.gif

I got the application from my DD's CC yesterday. The student care fee is at $410 per mth. I find the fee a bit too high...probably will let her stayhome liao.

Hi Snowball,

The teacher gave us a leaflet. It states that fee is $350 per month with no holiday surcharge leh.

Hi Athen,

From the enrolment form, it is stated that $350 is fee for the PG/ Nursery class and $410. I go clarify with the CC's principal and keep you updated
happy.gif

Hi Snowball,

Thanks. The leaflet they gave me is Agape BASC Program Fees. It is pink in colour which states Registration fee, Deposit, Monthly fee & other misc fees.

If it is really $410, is indeed expensive.

from what i know, Agape BASC is registration $150, deposit $350, fee $350, insurance $3, uniform $15 per tshirt.

seem nobody reply my question,so sad!im a new mummy i really need your advise!can any mummy tell me how to treat a maid?my maid will coming on next month,please give me an advise! thanks all

Hi Annie,

I don stay in Keat Hong area so cannot comment on the CC you mentioned.

I don have a maid before so also cannot comment on how you should treat a maid. However, from frens experience, they treat maid like their family. By doing so the maid will then treat them as family.

Thanks athen!!!I moved to choa chu kang juz a weeks,everything is new to me! Wanna find a place for my daughter to learn dancing n karate do for my 4year old son!I'm stay at choa chu kang loop,do you know any place introduce?thanks for your help

Hi Annie,

Welcome to CCK.

For courses for your kids, you can try Yew Tee CC (take bus 302 from Interchange) or Chua Chu Kang CC (cannot remember which bus to take from interchange).

I stay in Yew Tee area so I'm more familiar with Yew Tee CC. Yew Tee CC offers dancing classes such as ballet for kids. They also offers martial arts, Akido, taekwondo. Not sure about karate though. You can drop by CCK CC to check out what they have there.

As for childcare, dropby to visit a few childcare before you decide. From experience, a childcare which is near home is more convenient.

Hi Annie,

Welcome to CCK mummy club
happy.gif

I strongly recommend that you read the maid blog by another fellow mummy in this forum on how we should treat our maid. The blogspot is Singaporemaid.blogspot.sg

Already send my kids to sparkle tot keat hong childcare at Blk 435 choa chu kang,the place near to my house juz 5mins walking,hope that the teacher will b good to children ,the place is look new n clean!any mummy send ur kid at this childcare?

snowball32
im feeling so upset with the childcare,the teacheer is talking so rude to me,im staying beside choa chu kang mrt.can u recoment some childcare near mrt choa chu kang?I WANNA withthraw my kids out of this childcare..first day my kids didnt drink water they also don care,n today talking too rude to me.i need ur advise!wait for u to reply.thank you

Hi Mummies,
Can any one please advice me if there is any good play school near blk 615 CCK ST 62.
I need to enroll my 15 month old child.

Hi Annie,

I'm sorry to hear that. My CC has compulsory water drinking session everyday leh. Usually DS's water bottle is empty when he comes back. Teacher will refill the bottle when it is empty.

U can also try searching MCYS website for a CC near you. I remember seeing a CC opposite OCBC bank. It is located near the overhead bridge.

Hi Kabita,

How many hours session are you looking at?

Hi Annie,

Yes, my kids' CC also ensure that the kids drink enough water everyday. The teachers will feedback if they deem that my kids are not drinking enough water.

The CC nearest to CCK station is Kinderland at CCK Centre. Heard about mixed comments on this CC. You may like to check this out. OR, like what Athen has mentioned, check out at MCYS website for CCs near CCK Stn.

Another CC you can consider is Mulberry at CCK Stadium. But, it will not be too convenient for you.

Hi Snowball,

I registered DS in Agape Student Care during the open house today. Fees is $410 for Jun & Dec, $350 for the rest of the months. As I signed up during the open house, registration fee is waived & I get 4 sets of uniform free.

Hi Athen,

Wow....that's a good deal.

Thanks for the update for the fees. I have also clarified with the principal on this.

Still considering if I should send my DD1 to student care. If I keep her at home with the maid, she will end up spending the whole morning watching TV programmes. Unless, I give her my own homework to do to fill her morning time.

Hi Oily,

I think Student care fees in our area ranges from $280 - $410. Though Pro-teach is just at my blk, I choose Agape as it is near YTPS & DS no need to take sch bus to sch. If I put him in Proteach, I have to pay for transport from Student care to Sch which is more expensive than putting him in Agape.

Hi all
My younger child is going to be 18mths old. I'm also trying to find a centre that have enrichment eg. 1 to 2 hours for her to interact w others tot and come across this blog. Pls advice any good childcare. I live near CCK MRT. Thank.
As my elder is 13 yrs old and all this finding enrichment class/childcare/etc is new to me again.
By the way, my elder is studying at Fairfield Methodist Sec Sch and previously she is from Southview Pri Sch. So, for those going to enrol their child to Pri 1, Southview is a good sch to be in.

Hi Athen,

I've enrolled my dd1 @ Agape student care. Letting her try out a few mths b4 we decide if we shd continue thereafter. Your son joining in Dec or Jan?

Hi Snowball,

DS is starting Agape in Dec. Wanted to give him time to adapt to the new environment b4 sch starts in Jan.

Anyone have recommended for infant care at CCK area? I'm staying at Blk 433, urgently need care taker for my baby when I go to work.. TIA!

Hi CuiteZayn,

I remember your son was DS's classmate. Although Proteach is at my block, I did not enrol with them as I also need to pay for the sch bus to YTPS. If I include transport cost to YTPS, Protech is more expensive than Agape.

Hi Athen,

I understand. For me is the other way, Agepe and YTPS is actually within 5mins walk from my home but I take the trouble to send them to Proteach and pay school bus to go school.
I choose Protech just because they include tuition so I do not hv to take trouble to send them for any extra classes in weekend. My DD was also in Proteach (P3 next year )and with the amount of tuition given by Proteach, I don't even buy any assessment book at home for her.
Disadvantage is logistic, really give me a lot of headache...

Hi Athen,

Forget to ask you, which orientation grp for yr DS? Mine in grp 1, see any chance for them to be classmate again hehe...

Back