Choa chu kang mummy club

happy niu year, ladies!!!

esther
i also brought my kids to see chinese sinsei whenever they fall sick. also at bt batok. but it's at bt batok west ave 6.

yeah, sunny that's the 1.

Is near St Luke's hospital. I cant rem the exact address. Is at Bt Batok west ave 3 or 6 (there is a Mac beside). What happen is that there is a sinseh shop den follow by a bakery shop, den a chinese medical hall. For the sinseh shop, there is a chinese female doc, den her sister is working at the medical hall (she does help to see too, and i personally think tt she is better)

What happen is she can give medication if ur child is sick upon visit. Otherwise she will give some medication based on the condition of the kids, example my boy is prone to flu n heaty, so we got ready the medication(powder form).

Own view is tt:
the medication works for recovery stage, if ur kids have too much western medication, the herbs will circulate and improve.

Or for initial stages before getting worst to subside.

Or if not is for those kids whom western medication does not work.

hopes it benefits all mummies =)

hopes it benefit every1.
Me now headache as to where to send my boy who turn 18mth to which sch, whether to send to sembawang area or cck....

tout of sending half day.any cck mama can advise or recommend?

Hi Esther

I am also thinking where to send my boy when he turns 18mth end of this year.

Actually i prefer to send very young toddler to childcare with many windows for air circulation.

I am also thinking whether to send half day or full day.

If half day, i must find one good cc very nearby my house so my maid can go and pick him up.

Esther, why are you considering sembawang area? are your office nearby sembawang?

BTW, any mummies here know what are the new buildings, nearby limbang, for?

hihi jo,

oh sembawang so my mum can fetch him, intend to send him for half day, since the second half is nap time, bathing and some relax game time before going back.

But i m looking at cck n sembawang, in case i dun find any good 1, so far no good centre at sembawang lehz.

Oh if i m not wrong is HDB flats for those elderly, tt comes in 2,3and 4rooms. Till now HDB wedsite no updates leh...

Hi jo,

Now he cry on Mon-Wed, Thu & Fri he's still ok. Maybe he know going to weekend liao. But if there is outing, he'll be very happy. I think Feb & Mar he'll be very happy co's they are 4 outing each on Feb & Mar.

Hi NicNat and CutieZayn,

My gal will go to P1 in yr 2011 too! yeah DLS is very diff to get it. Still not sure want to select this or not. Maybe will go to Yew Tee Pri. How about you two?

Wish to check with mumies here which kindergarden your child study? I thinking to change school for my gal coz found the teacher is very irresponsible and about the principal very diff to reach her! any good kindergarden to recommend? plsssss thansk!

thanks esther and oily!

carol,
so many outings... are you going to accompany him to the outings?

pinkie bear
i heard CGM (Christian Gospel) kindergarten is good.

Pinkie bear,

Few of my neighbours put their child in Christian Gospel also, they say is good. You can try..Most likely I will enrole my girl to Yew Tee since is nearer to my place.

Hi jo & Cutie

my gal is at the school u mentioned now,they have changed the principal and i've found that it is not good anymore.

I've been called and look for the principal and guess what? always not in if not haven't come it!
principal is like that? even i write in, she even bother to contact me. The teacher worst! I have been looking for her 1 week, can’t get her. The admin clerk said she is not free, I leave down my phone no., message never return my call. What else, I call back in the afternoon, the clerk told me she has gone back!

The nursery teacher is good but since go to K1 and got new form teacher, just found that that teacher not loving and caring to children. My gal is sitting with 1 very naughty boy! Everyday he bullies her, kick her legs, if not drag her hands, put his leg on her chair, tear his books! Stamp or anyhow colour my gals books! Last Friday my gal so afraid of him till cried and vomit refuse to go to school!

I have tried so many times to contact the form teacher, ask the clerk to leave down my phone no. but the teacher never call back! Said busy, in the class and gone back! What! I am really pissed off! Is this a responsible teacher? I doubt so. Until my hubby called raise his voice then the phone pass to the supervisor, still can’t find the principal…then yesterday just change seat for my gal.

sorry for long winded post...i can't stand the teacher must let go over here...haha

Hi All!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

talking abt Nursery school. Just wann check if anyone encountered problem with the school bus from BC Kindergarden?

Was so pissed off by the driver & mgr attitude.

nicnat,
your nearest pri school from your place is South view right? Why wan choose DLS? If you choose DLS, who will send/fetch her to school?

Mummies,
how can we be grassroot leaders?

Hi Pinkie,

One thing bad about NTUC is that they follow strictly to the MOE or MCYS can't remember. They do not have any extra enrichment class as what other childcare is doing. More like what PCF is providing.
I need to bring her for extra class myself, she is attending Zoo Phonics, Ballet and starting her on Abacus next week.

hi,

I wanted to enrol for phonic class again. What level is your gal study at Zoo Phonics now? last time my gal attended during 3 yrs old but i think should let her attend phonic class again.

Abacus, i called to Yew Tee CC, they informed only started on K2 or Pri 1 i can't remember, just knew they dun have class for my gal age...which school will she study for abacus?

pinkie, She is in Young Joeys now.She was there for 2yrs liao.
I went to Edufarm at BLK685C for the abacus class, they take in K1 student.

Hi Meow, Pinkie, Esther and CutieZayn

DLS is just next to my block so ideally it will be good that my girl can get in. However I have seen children from my block that do not get into DLS. Kranji / Yew Tee Pri will be my alternatives.

My girls are in Galilee which is near my mum's place. I will have a problem when my elder girl goes into P1, as I will have to find a kindergarten in YT for my younger girl. Thinking of the one in Hebron church. But it seems that it is difficult to get in as well.

Hi NicNat,

So you mean your gal is study near to your mum's place but your 2nd daugther will study at Yew Tee?

Ask you some questions, if 1st option is DLS and if too bad cannot get it, we can select 2nd choice OR MOE will straight put her to one of the school in Yew Tee?

Hi cutie and CCK mummy,

Is Edufarm phonics class good? teacher and teaching method is good? hmm...

Want to enrol my gal to phonics class again but no idea which school is better! headache!

Pinkie, not sure lei but I think they using letterland method. Maybe can try and see how is it, no good then withdraw after one term lor. I also trying my luck on Abacus, don't know is it good....

Hi Pinkie,

Now both my gals are at studying near my mum's place. When my elder girl goes to P1 in 2011, which is going to be a school in YT. My younger girl will be in K1. As my mum will be shifting to my place, hence i will have to shift my younger girl to YT as well.

Nicnat,
leave so near still cant get into DLS ah? Do volunteer should be better right? I heard my colleague telling me there might be chances they wont select you to be PV wor.

Meowie
DLS hor dun accept PV. Only catholic , alumni have higher chances. Otherwise the phase 2C is poor luck. Because 2 pple ballot for 1 lot.

That is why I think oso never think just put my gal in my old school. Poor gal have to take bus from 6.15

PV is volunteer? what is alumni? ah not familiar 1st time want to select school for my gal haha...

Stay within 1 km or 0.5km is under phase 2 or 2C??

Ladies
if you decide to do PV, stands for Parent Volunteer, or join RC or grassroots, make sure you do it at least 2 years in advance of the year you are registering. Meaning you should be enquiring and joining when you child is 4 yrs old. all these also have cut off date one.

alumni is like old students' club. not all schools have alumni.

hi guys i m back, was busy with my work =(. i went into relief teaching last year in kranji pri, felt tt the environment and system is good. BUt not sure any changes to that. soon few years down the road will be my turn to worry abt the intake prob....

Hi Hwee...

Thanks for your info
happy.gif

AH..i think better let her study at neigbourhood school...so competitive at those branded school...

pinkie bear
even the better neighbourhood schools are very competitive too. since you'll only be registering in phase 2C, better choose a school within 2km from your registered address.

you still have time to do PV work right? quickly call and enquire la.

Hi Hwee,

the neigbourhood schools i mentioned is not DLS, is yew tee or kranji pri...not so competitive right? haha...and i stay within 0.5 km for these 2 schools and DLS

My gal now is 5 yrs old..can do PV?? still in time?

Pinkie
She is 5 years old so turning 6 next year ? Registration is next year leh. PV depends on whether school accept and you need to commit 40 hours of service plus 2 years in advance. Maybe not but just call school to give it a try.

For a guide, refer to this balloting history.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/content/choa-chu-kang

Both me and hwee have passed this phase last year so all the best

Hi CL,

yes now she is at k1, 5 yrs old. Yeah i did heard my colleague told me that if want to do PV must 2 yrs in advance.

one of my friends dun need to do PV and her gal can get in YT Pri, so i thought dun need to do PV...aiks...any suggestion must do PV? aiks..stress by all these...

U and Hwee kids go to famous school right? at bkt timah right?

ha ha dun say like that Pinkie
Me old gal at NYPS so registration was easy but it is hard for my gal because she has to take early bus and mummy no money to move near.

Hwee's goes to Pei Hwa under 2B but she oso have the stress of Ballot and God answered her prayers.

My niece is in CCK Primary seems not bad.

Hi CL,

yeah south view pri is not bad...but CCK pri and south view seem quite far from where we stay...headache ah...i think just let her study at Yew Tee pri...anyway DLS is better and convenient, can take bus 302 dun need to transfer...

Oh yeah, yew tee point is opening soon? any idea what shops they have there?
happy.gif

Pinkie
South view is another one that is hot and must do PV.

Ha ha confirm got NTUC since it is vacate from the location at MRT

Pinkie
FYI haha when I bring my gal down to wait for her bus. At the same time got Pei Hwa boy and RGS girl opposite so bukit timah timing from my place should be about 6.15.

Then hor I cannot believe that a girl from CCK pri oso take the bus at the same time. Then it makes me feel it is not so bad for my girl after all

Back