Childless Not By Choice Group

Dear all Mother-Yet-To-Be (in the process of TTC)

I really admire your courage & perseverance during the process and I will pray from the bottom of heart for all of you to have a beautiful & healthy baby soon!!!
happy.gif

Dear all Mother-Not-To-Be (sorry..if there is any here)

Pls come and join me in this group in Meetup Singapore the Childfree Carefree Group so we could render our full support & understanding to each other!!!
happy.gif

Hi jewelmily, I m not so sure if my condition is the same as yours. My experience goes like this.... My fsh which is a blood test to determine if a woman is going to menopause n in ivf it is to see if the person is going to response to the ivf drugs or not. My fsh was 20.6 and doctor told me my ovaries r not going to produce many eggs even if I go for ivf n can say I m going to menopause very soon... But the strange thing is the I hv my period every month n everything seems to be normal. So I m puzzled abt it....

Hi jewelmily, pls do not feel lousy n depressed abt it coz it will only make our body condition worse. It's gd to engage in healthy activities, learn n do things tat make u feel relax n find urself again. I understand those lousy feelings tat kept cming bk to u when u think u r learning to cope better. I remembered my thyroid told me how he thinks abt being childless n his words kept me going.. I visited him juz after my first failed ivf cycle n I was super concerned abt whether I m able to conceive super I got super high thyroid antibodies. I looked into my eyes n said to me being childless is not a bad thing in life too, he got lots of patients telling him tat they regretted giving birth coz the children r not filial n ask me to learn to let go of things since we can't choose fate but at the same time he is also very encouraging type. I was very sad but later found his words very practical honest. I hv actually given up totally on conceiving n live life to the fullest n not wanting to feel sad after seeing menses every month. I hope u will learn to let go of things n be happy. Perhaps u would want to go for a second opinion frm other doctors? Perhaps a fertility dr can gv u better advice then a normal gynae. I hope I can hear gd news frm u. But always keep an open mind n not be lost if things don't go your way. Gd luck n take

Hi Lyn,thank you so much for your reply and your advice..which is very consoling and helpful.I afraid to say that you are the first person to really show concern..not even my sisters/family members/my husband.My husband is a happy go lucky person who doesn't yearn for a kid as he is a big kid himself! My family doesn't ask/show concern on this issue at all..maybe they are being sensitive but I think it doesn't bother them at all..everyone is being busy for their own matters..so sad to say that there is no unitedness in my family
sad.gif
My in-laws even worse as they prefer $ more than grandkids!!! I really don't have any support at all therefore I am kind of depressed...

I think your case is different and still hopeful..my case is kind of hopeless..the gynae already advised me the only way is to get donor's egg or from my sisters(who are ignorant so I don't think so)..therefore my dream to have someone who resemble me will never ever come true
sad.gif

Yeah I used to think that what for have children who may be unfilial but now I really really wish to have at least one of my own.However it seems that both of my husband & I are really not bless with any children as been read by 2 fortune tellers.I do understand that things can't be forced so I will try very hard to accept my fate and suppress my sadness deep down inside by engaging in more healthy activities which I am doing now but I know this regret will follow me to my g...
sad.gif

Lyn you are very kind to have shown support..hope we can befriends as I'm also 1978
happy.gif
Really hope to gain more support from sisters like you! hehe

Sometimes I will think maybe I shouldn't give up so soon and to try further but I also worry of financial strain..parents need a lot of $ to raise a child but for us even more as we need to spend a lot of $ to have a child in the first place! Lyn, don't mind if I ask how much did you spend to be successful with your boy boy???

hi all,

im new here and like many here, i was attracted by the title of the thread. i spent some time reading through the posts, but it was really too many to catch up.

i was married for 5 years but i was with my hubby for 19 years...yes its a long long time.. we should have gotten married long long ago, but did not and things went a different way and when i decided to settle down, i realised i have a medical condition and needed to go for an operation, and it has been 1 year since the op, but everytime i asked my doc about getting pregnant, he will ask me to hold till 1 more year later. frankly i wish i could just try now as i am no longer young, almost 40 in a few years.

but after reading so much here, i really salute to many of you who went through so much. to all my friends, they get pregnant so easily, never understand how we feel but not to blame them too, but great to know that there is a thread here to gain support and to support others
happy.gif

Hi all , went back to see my first IVF doctor and his advice is to go through AMH blood test . since I have failed 2 fresh IVF and one ET at implantation stage, he said that most probably I have poor embyro quality and suggested me to use for donor egg for my next fresh IVF(if the blood test prove that I have low AMH). I told him I prefer to use my own egg but he said that will be wasting of $$. In my mind, I was wondering whether he wanted me to use donor egg so that he can increase the success rate for this IVF and that the overall success rate of the hospital wont be pulled down by my case. hmm, perhaps I am thinking too much. Doctor supposed to put patient interest first,isn't it?

Hi jewelmily, first of all I want to say its only ppl who went thru this journey will understand others who is gg thru the same phase. Try not to be unhappy when ppl around us don't understand y we take ages to hv a baby. I hv ppl like tat around me, close frd who went thru infertility but not supportive towards me n my own family not concerned abt me on this issue n sisters only concern about own family etc.. I understand all that ... Its really very depressing when there isn't any support when we need. Sisters whom I made frd here brighten my journey n we kept each other going. We can't meet or talk everyday due to personal commitment but at least we knw there is a place for us to vent n sisters here understand our feelings
Hey hey hey, never never go to a fortune teller!! Its bull shit!! They juz want u to go back to them for solution so that they can more of ur money! My mil did ask a geomancer to my Hse before n he said we will be childless!! Idiot right? I feel like going to him n slap his face now! Don't believe in such things, our fate is in our hand, try ur best n god will do the rest. I got a frd who was told be a famous fortune teller that she will hv three boys in her life but who knws she ended up removing her womb coz of three large fibroids.
For me my first cycle was done in glen e I spent 10k n got nonthing. My second was in kk, after government subsidy n medisave I paid 3k n was successful.

Hi riana, to my understand Amh is to determine the ovarian reserve n not testing on the egg quality?? I hv very poor Amh result think 0.8. If u do not hv problem with the stimulation during the past cycle y go for egg donor? Egg donor ivf doesn't mean success right?

Hi angel, any reason y ur dr is holding u back for family planning?

Jewelmily, it's my pleasure to befriend wif any sisters here. U jiayou!!

Hi Lyn,

as per doctor he said I failed my IVF at implantation stage most probably due to poor embyro quality. It is better to use donor's eggs as having to produce only 2-4 embyros that are ok for transfer per fresh IVF is considered low quantity for him and yet I still failed at implantation stage (havent discounted the fact that my second fresh IVF only retrieved eggs from one side). He further said I have tried 2 fresh IVF and one ET and to try another round of fresh IVF using my own eggs does not worth it. He also said that age is another factor and my egg quality may not be good as I am 37 now and going to be 38 next year.I really dont know what to do except to wait for my AMH blood test results.

For thyroid issue, one doctor said I am having hypothyroidism and another said no. One advised me to go for steroid plus IVIG (IVIG can cost SGD6k per fresh IVF) and another doctor said no need to use steroid and IVIG. I have to do another round of blood test for thyroid screen.

For my ovarian, one doctor suggested me to go for operation to move my one of my ovarian downward so that he can retrieve my eggs. Another doctor said no need. You can imagine how many doctors and second opinions I have been seeing/getting and the $$ that I have been spending. Let alone my increasing work pressure and hectic business travelling.

Not sure how I can last. I am now in a tunnel without able to see the light ahead.

sorry sisters for my negative feeling and message right now. I haven't found my peace and I am still struggling.

Jewelmily

Hugs to you !!!
i also childless for now as i just had a miscarriage 4 mths ago...
reading your story really make me cry... But Please don't give up, i think medical science is very advanced now.
How about Trying TCM? or Try Acupuncture?
maybe Natural TCM will tiao your body back and Acupuncture improve blood circulation? Give them a try !! don't give up hope..

Lyn and Riana
My heart goes to you....
Please don't give up.
I really believe all these depend on timing and Fate...and many people tend to meet many challenges before achieving their goal. It's a Long wait but i am sure our Rainbow babies will come to us one day !! And you are really very brave to go through all the pain for your rainbow babies...

I sincerely wish from the bottom of my heart that all of you will get to see your darlings babies one day !!!

Dear all sisters,

Have been busy lately at work, will find time to read and write properly..

Please keep a positive outlook on everything and continue to believe motherhood do and can happen to you. Although I believe there is a such thing as known as fate, I also believe that by praying sincerely and continuing to take care of yourself in the best positive ways, someone up there will ulimately grant you that wish, whether that wish we desired for is supposed to be part of our fate or not. Actually, by right, even if there is fate, it is only supposed to determine a part of our lives, another major part is determined by how we conduct our lives, and that can make good things happen.

Please don't give up and also be fair to yourselves at the same time and make being happy as an important as ttcing. Happy = healthy body = higher chance of anything good happening
happy.gif
I know its really not easy to be happy given all these challenges but must at least try k
happy.gif

Lyn,
Your information sharing is really insightful, useful and encouraging..you are a great sister to have
happy.gif

Hi ladies, i am new to this thread. The thread title 'Childless Not by Chance Group' really caught my heart. i teared while reading through the recent posts and was so touched by the strong support given to each other here as well as the heartfelt words of the ladies here.

I had just failed my 3rd IVF attempt and is really at a lost (almost at the point of going into a depression) when i chance upon this thread. I left my job one year ago to embark on this seems-to-be never ending route to have a kid. First fresh cycle, failed at implantation stage as embryos not of good quality to be begin with. Second fresh cycle, ET was cancelled due to poor eggs quality (worst than e first). Third fresh cycle, embryos quality improved greatly but failed at implantation stage. I saw that some of the ladies here mentioned something about high anti-bodies, my Dr never mentioned that to me before, not sure if that is happening to me and how to i find out if i have it?

Just like some of you, i have various insensitive friends and relatives who simply can't understand why is it just so difficult for me to conceive and will make sacarstic remarks or show-off how 'complete' a family they have. I ended up having phobia of attending any form of gatherings and keeping a distance from almost everyone else (for the fear of getting hurt by insensitive remarks over and over again). I even have the fear of going to crowded places as i will be overwhelmed with sadness each time i see happy couples shopping and walking around with their lovely baby(ies).

I salute to all the strong ladies here and is happy to see that some of you had even managed to get to the stage of parenthood despite the adversity
happy.gif
am really so glad to chance upon this thread and really hope to get some support here to regain my 'sanity'. Sorry for the long post though......

hi lyn,

i have a rather different situation here, i had never tried for a baby, bec the past 5 years, i was diagnose with kidney failure, though no need to go for dialysis, the chances of having a baby is really low and plus its gonna be harmful, so i never try and last year, my kidney totally failed but my hubby donated a kidney to me, so i have a new lease of life. i m on drugs everyday now and im no longer young. that day i just spoke to my doc about being pregnant, he says it will be a high pregnancy, but i guess i should at least try it before i resigned to fate right? but on the other hand i worry....about the baby and myself

Hi angel, ok understood about ur situation. Wat Is ur doc advice in regard of ur kidney condition. If I m not wrong, there is a sg celebrity who gave birth despite having a kidney condition. But of course no one person's body is the same, so seek professional advice. Although one must not give up easily in pursuing our dreams, but one health is more important then anything. Let's believe there is something in this world called miracle, n if u believe there is there will be... But one time for sure is, u have found true love. Not every man is as brave n self less as ur hubby, this is perhaps something more touching then child birth. I always believe tat in life we juz do our best n let god do the rest!!

Hi Lyn

Thank you for your reply again..really glad to have someone to talk to who are understanding & supportive at least in this thread! You n babygalore are like 'sister Maria' to all sisters here
happy.gif

Wow the fortune tellers that you n your friend have encountered are really really lousy huh..things went the opposite way! Really have to go "take down his shop name". Good for you but very sad for your friend. I didn't purposely go to ask about baby..just an overall life fortune telling. Then I just went to another fortune teller to reaffirm the first reading. It seems that everything they said are almost the same and very true about my family relationship,my love life,my work life etc. I am a person who believe in fate very much and understand that somethings can't be forced your way(eg love)because I have experienced many failed relationships till I met my husband over the Internet but it blossoms
happy.gif
My husband was a divorcee..married for 8yrs but without a child. If he had children,things may not work out for us. Now we have been married for about 8yrs without a child too haizzz. I really don't wish to accept my fate/my husband's fate being childless but just to share what really happened in my life n my hubby's seem to be fated.
sad.gif
Anyway however,I am also not a person who will give up easily on things...
happy.gif

I am really in a dilemma..if I pursue further in this baby hoping journey I would be very stressful(apart from the ttc/baby making process/IVF etc)as I am all alone in it and also all alone in Singapore. Not to mention that my husband is already 42 and my in-laws are $ face. We are also not financially sound..I have spent thousands in pursuing my CPA(left 2 papers)..really hard to study nowadays given so much on my plate to think about!!! Lyn,you are so lucky to be successful at 2nd attempt already spent 13K..I believe other sisters here would have spent much much more than that right??

Furthermore for my case of early menopause liao..I think I must use donors' eggs which I don't wish too..just like Rianna. Lyn,do you know how it works? Do we have to pay additional for the donors' eggs?? I believe we just have to accept any eggs being offered right???

All advice from sisters are much appreciated.
happy.gif

Hi jewel, its definitely very stressful if u r going thru this baby making journey alone. Possible to hv ur husband to participate more in it?

As for donor egg ivf, I did read up on papers n Internet. To what I found out I know Jb n Bangkok are quite active in it. I think u wi be given profiles of lady who are willing to be eggs donor. U can choose ur preferred lady n the ivf doctor will hv to give medicine for both of u to synchronise ur menstrual cycle. Yes, u will hv to pay the egg donor for her service. I m not sure how much, but I m guessing shld be 10-13k sgd coz the papers said so. Again ivf with egg donor doesn't mean success coz u never knw if the donor h chose will give gd eggs quality n the quality of yr embryo also depends on ur hubby sperm quality.

I hv frds who is studying for CPA, it's so stressful.

Hi faithmummy

Sorry for my late reply as been busy to make myself occupied with activities and sports to avoid depression!! Thank you so much for your message and encouragement
happy.gif
I think I really need hugs hehe It's so kind of you to send me hugs
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hugs to you too and I'm very sorry to hear about your miscarriage. May I know what happened? How are you now?? Please do not be disheartened and I believe you could try again..Jiayou!!!

Yeah medical science is very advanced now but I afraid I don't have the means to try all avenues. I have tried a few TCM for the past 2 yrs but to no avail..totally no effect at all..spent quite a few K already
sad.gif
Maybe I could try acupuncture but another headache issue wld be my husband as he is already 42 and getting weak. Just feel like there are so many obstacles to my baby dream..luv to have twins but even to have one already so difficult haizzzzzz

Lyn,thank you for your prompt reply
happy.gif
I have already discussed this baby issue with my husband and he does show concern for my depression. However his character is the Happy-Go-Lucky type so it doesn't bother him at all..he doesn't yearn to have a baby therefore I couldn't get much support from him
sad.gif

Thanks for your information on the donors' eggs. Luckily we still get to choose our preferred lady. Wow the cost is another burden and there's no guarantee of success. It's really difficult for me...

Hi angelbaby

So sorry to hear about your kidney condition. In my opinion,do seek the advice from a few doctors before you make the decision to conceive because doctors should know the best of your condition. If it is really a high risk pregnancy for the baby n you,I don't see any meaning to it. It will be more meaningful for you to take good care of yourself so you could enjoy the rest of your life with your beloved hubby! You have my support
happy.gif

Hi bbproject

So sorry to hear about your 3rd failed IVF attempt. It must be very taxing on you for the 3rd time..I could imagine the disappointment. However if you have the means and perseverance,there could be a happy ending just like some of the sisters here
happy.gif
I have stopped work too for about a yr now to nurse my health..too stressful to work + study my CPA + ttc. Yeah me too feel very sad everytime I see couples carrying their babies but I feel babies are such a miracle!
happy.gif
I don't even really know how to face my little sister who already has a son of 2 yrs old and going to give birth to a daughter in Feb next year..just so perfect for her! Anyway you please Jiayou!!! You have my support
happy.gif

Hi bbproject
high antibodies can be diagnosed with Blood Test if i am not wrong. You can ask your Gynae about it. i am sure he can advise u... Get it tested & Treated before you try again... I believe that your Rainbow baby will definitely come one day !!! Jia you and don't give up !!!!

Hi Angel

Hugz !!!! Like what Lyn has said, you have found true love !! I am really touched by the love your Hubby have for you !! Please do not give up... Seek more opinions from different doctors about your condition before trying !!
happy.gif

Hi Jewelmily,

No problem !!
happy.gif

My miscarriage happened just like that and i do not know the reason actually... but i think maybe at that time, time is not ripe yet and i am not fated with the bb....i will not give up and try again... you Too !!! our destiny lies in our hands... words from fortune tellers can only be used as guidelines... you can change your fate !!! Acupuncture had actually helped many Couples in many ways... and also helped many others in many other kind of health issues... please do give it a try, don't give up on yourself... i really wish to see you well...

Jewelmily

i found this article !! do read it !!!
Don't give up !!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

http://opusacupunctureri.com/blog/b_17098_acupuncture_helps_with_early_menopause.html

Rosana Bouzas of Sydney, Australia, suffered early menopause and was told by her doctors that she would never be able to have another baby. Rosana embarked on a series of Acupuncture treatments, and three months later found she was pregnant — and perfectly healthy.

“Initially, I thought I’d sought Acupuncture out to help with the symptoms of menopause, and when I explained exactly to the acupuncturist exactly what my situation was, he never promised me I’d get pregnant, but he did say that I was young, and healthy otherwise, and if we toned the body and responded to the treatment, there was a good possibility I could get pregnant,” Rosana told ninemsn, one of Australia’s most popular news and information web sites.

“After three months of treatment I was pregnant, and I had a beautiful baby girl, Sophia. She was born on Christmas Day, so we always say that she’s our miracle baby. I think something as radical as getting pregnant when you’re told your ovaries are not functioning and you’re not going to get pregnant, I think there’s more to it than just me believing the treatment would work.

Hi all, I have friends who did the ivf few years ago, both of them are 40+. And successful give birth of a twin boys in 1st attemp. The doctor is from glen e and refer my friend to Msia doc. If you want the contact pls pm me.
Good luck.

Hi faithmummy

Thank you for your encouragement!!! Really admire you who have such a strong will
happy.gif
Yup will try acupuncture again on long term this time..any good ones that you know of??? All sisters here,any good recommendation?
happy.gif

Oh yuh faithmummy,have read the article..really make my day! So there is still hope for people like me who experience early menopause
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
I think maybe have to poke into my ovaries to wake them up..have been in coma for 10 over yrs! hehe

jewelmily

don't wait anymore... go for your acupuncture sessions.. Hopes are still there.. don't give up !! Fate lies on our hand.... remember !!
happy.gif

I am seeing one TCM doctor in Bukit Batok, Dr Su, not sure if you heard of her... Her hubby is specialist in Acupuncture, in the same clinic at Bukit batok.... if you interested, i could let you know the contact here.

The Article, say that "I think there’s more to it than just me believing the treatment would work."
I think so too !! Positive Mindset is important !!

hi lyn,jewelmily & jhw,

thanks for all the blessings and yes, i know i have a very good hubby..thats the most impt, but of coz i wanna complete the whole family. we have been together for many many many years, so sometimes will feel something is just amiss ...the baby...

im just almost 1 year after my op, actually my doc has been telling me that i shld wait for 2 years, but i been kinda pressing him as i am really not that young anymore, and of coz i wan a bb asap, but den again, also dun wanna risk my health too, but bec throughout the whole year, i have been very stable, which he agrees too, so he is putting me through all the tests to see if i can go ahead to try for baby

i can only pray for the best. my last resort is adoption.

btw, recently i had a chat with a fren and she told me surrogate mothers are legal in sg now, any one knows?

Angel
i didn't know that...

Surrogate mothers are those which help you carry baby to full term but with Your Egg, and your Hubby's sperm, am I right?

i didn't know if it is legal..because i just tried searching the internet for you, i cannot find any relevant information to say that it is already legal in Spore.. Otherwise, is it Legal to find Surrogacy in Other Country and then Adopt the Surrogate baby?

But Reading this Yahoo News SG.... it really seems like it is already legalised in Singapore
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/equal-rights-surrogate-mothers-230000855.html

Sorry may i know how old are you?
Since you already waited for 1 year, and your doctor advised you to wait for 2 years, it means one more year of waiting for you... Why not you wait till end of next year since there is risk to your health?

Hi jewelmily,

P/s don't believe what fortune tellers say. Your destiny or future is not fixed. You can change it. How you change it depends on what you think or do NOW at every moment. our body naturally do what is best for our health. This is nature. Just like you did not instruct your heart to pump, but your heart will keep pumping.But if you have nervous thoughts, it will influence the pumping rate of the heart. so you just need to relax fully & don't try to control your body or your thoughts because no one can control anything. your body will recover by itself bit by bit everytime you relax fully. try to get close to nature as it will help you to relax. Listen to the rhythm of your deep breathing or heart beat.Leave everything to nature, including your breathing.

Dear all sisters,

Sorry for not writing for very long.

I would like to wish every sister here a very successful 2013 and may all your wishes come true in the brand new 2013. New year, new hopes and all hopes realized for everyone
happy.gif

Love,
Babygalore

Hi hi Babygalore!!
happy.gif

Same, me here want to wish all sisters here a better year in 2013. May you have peace in all your plans and breakthroughs in all your journeys and yes may your wishes all come true! Also good health always to your family and yourselves!
happy.gif

Hi all

happen to come upon this thread on the interesting thread
happy.gif

Seeing some successful story in ur ttc journey Congrats, Your hard work are paid off

For those who are still trying dun give up
happy.gif
Your wishes might be within reach soon.

Wishing more successful story in 2013
stay happy and cheerful

Hi all,

Had a long break, came back concentrated & spent time on work, family & friends & now finally had the courage to start talking about the baby topic again
happy.gif

Thanks Jewelmily & jhw for the encouragement
happy.gif

Congrats to those with successful story! Hang on there for those who are still trying and let's jia you together!

I wish everyone good health, new hope & a smooth & fulfiling 2013
happy.gif

dear sisters,
have not posted here for ages due as i was tied up with my boy and a 27 weeker baby to take care of.

BBproject
Jia you! your hard work will pay off soon. may 2013 be the year where your baby dream becomes a reality

splw18
if I.m not wrong, this is your first post here? understand the feeling of failing again and again. maybe take a break and try again. personally, i continue trying as i knew i had to do it. otherwise i will live in regret. when i was planning for my third ivf, i was thinking how to schedule it amongst my holidays. i knew i had to do it even if i didnt expect it to succeed. I was planning for my holiday in oct and my ivf in june as in my mind i doubt i will succeed but i just had to do my ivf. and sometimes life surprises us. i fell pregnant before my ivf cycle.

Hi all, I have been a silent reader for this thread, and I found this thread useful, can we continue here, and I am wondering if the previous contributors are still active in the forum?

To reactivate this topic again, I will share our experience so far. Was married in Oct'12, did a scan in KKH in Jan'13, and doctor found that there are cysts around 5cm in the ovaries. Made decision to remove the cysts and doctor gave birth control pills for a few months before we tried natural way to conceive. Did nothing to the diet, while consulted TCM in Bkt Panjang Ma Kuang until period not coming around end Nov'13. Thought could be pregnant and proceeded to consult Dr Thong in RH. Dr Thong did ultrasound and blood test and found out that AMH is low at 1.8, citing low egg counts and not pregnant. We suspect that the TCM from Ma Kuang could be disrupting usual cycle of 28 days.

Had Visanne and birth control pills for 3 months before doing IVF after 1st period in April'14. Dr Thong was away and hence, we did IVF in early May, with very high dosage of Gonal-f at 450. Initial ultrasound scan revealed that only 2 eggs are available for retrieval. Did another ultrasound before eggs retrieval and Dr. Thong suspected that the eggs are not in good shape and she actually asked if we want to proceed with the retrieval. We decided to proceed and the result was a blow to us, the eggs had very few cells and are not suitable for embryo formation. Currently on DHEA/Aspirin/Birth control pills for 3 months and during the last meet up with Dr Thong, she actually mentioned that the low egg counts and inability to produce quality eggs during stimulation could be related to genes/cyst surgery...She even mentioned about the option to accept eggs donation from sister/cousins/donors...was totally devastated and was feeling useless...

Was glad to see this thread in motherhood forum..Just wondering if there are others that could share similar experiences, especially from the contributors in this thread before?

Hi ladies,

I totally understand the pain and the longing, to be at KKH (or whichever hospital you are at) and witnessing ladies with bulge and that pink little booklet that says they are pregnant.
Do they still use that pink little booklet.

I felt horrible at that time when I had to go to the IVF clinic instead of the usual clinics (for pregnant ladies).
How I wished I can have that little booklet.

Hugs to one and all. Keep your spirits up.

Leuieu have you considered a 2nd opinion? DHEA might be worth a try. There is this drug Saizen which is still very new but ivf patients are using to boost egg quality you can ask your doc about it.

Wolfgal the booklet is now half pink half blue. Yes I understand the yearning. I also saw those ladies with the booklet previously and felt envious.

Hi Sunflower09, had never heard from the Raffles doctor regarding Saizen, is this being subscribed in other hospitals? Any more info on Saizen which is supposed to boast egg quality? We are planning to go for natural IVF for next round, no harm to give a try :)

Yes my fren in kkh now she was given saizen to try but was also told not proven so dont bang too much hopes on it. its growth hormone so maybe it help follicles grow. Exactly how it work I also clueless. My fren saw a successful case where eggs retrived result in more useable embryos than before. Maybe its saizen.

Hi Ieuieu, I am using Saizen at the moment to prepare myself for my Aug IVF. According my doc, it supposed to help with the egg quality but need to have the jab at least 2 months before the procedure. In my last ivf, i also use Saizen under SGH but only administered once IVF started and I do not see any impact on my egg quality. Not sure whether this time will it help with the quality or not.

Dear ellesie, which hospital/doctor are you engaged to at the moment, is it still under SGH? I am currently with Raffles Dr Thong, she did not mention about Saizen, not sure if is related to my poor eggs reserve?

Hi @ellesie, @leuieu, i have low amh/high fsh before i started my ivf cycle. My dr gave me saizen which i believed that it has helped the egg quality. I only have 5 follicles with elonva jab, but managed to conceive in the IVF cycle.

Back