Child Adoption

Anyone done the medical check up for HSR ?
Any recommended GP and estimated cost ?

I think any regular GP will be able to do it. It’s just a general check up - blood test, height/weight, BP.If in doubt, can call the clinic to ask over the phone first (that’s what we did because I didn’t want to walk in and ask at counter with other patients hearing) we paid about $100+

You can do the medical check up and blood test in any polyclinics if you do not mind the waiting time. I did mine at one of the polyclinics.

hi, How’s everyone doing? A few of us new adoptive parents started a WhatsApp support group, it’s mainly for those who are in process of HSR / just adopted. If anyone would like to join do PM me :D

hi, How’s everyone doing? A few of us new adoptive parents started a WhatsApp support group, it’s mainly for those who are in process of HSR / just adopted. If anyone would like to join do PM me :D
Hi, could you add me into the what’s app group as well ? Thanks !

Hi all, I am just starting on my HSR journey and I tried to contact one agency to understand the situation now... was told that they have stopped their biz for the time being and they have no idea when they can restart. Was just wondering if I should try other agencies or it is really this bad now...

Hi!

New user here. Single lady looking to adopt. Just want to understand the HSR expectations. Is rental home (private property) acceptable? or do you need to be the owner of the house legally?

Hi!

New user here. Single lady looking to adopt. Just want to understand the HSR expectations. Is rental home (private property) acceptable? or do you need to be the owner of the house legally?

It may probably affect the decision making process by the assessor.

The purpose of the HSR is to ensure the child has a stable and suitable home. If a place is rented , it may appear as unstable unless there is a very strong form of justification aka waiting for collection of house etc

It may probably affect the decision making process by the assessor.

The purpose of the HSR is to ensure the child has a stable and suitable home. If a place is rented , it may appear as unstable unless there is a very strong form of justification aka waiting for collection of house etc

makes sense! dont want to put my hopes up yet. thanks for your input!

Hi,

Anybody knows if there is any agency that is still in operation? Try calling a few but they stop operation due covid. We have just completed HSR interview, now pending for home visit. Thanks in advance.

Hi, i just joined, not sure how to use. I had just gotten HSR, can anybody recomend a good or reliable adoption agency pls?

Hi all, I am preparing to start the adoption process. I felt very lonely coz everyone around me are able to have their own kids...but why can't I? My hb and I both adore children but I couldn't fulfil his wish, I feel so terrible and guilty. My next best option is to go for adoption. I glad I found this forum, at least there is someone out there who can understand and support me.

I have sign up for the pre-adoption talk. So what's the next step after the talk?
welcome to adopting family! i had just gotten or HSR after must hassle and delay, find a good HSR agency is very important. Had gotten it through Fei Yue, only takes about 5months, even they say long queue, much better than going to apkim which took us about 2yrs with no HSR. good luck!

Last edited:
hello, i am new to this forum, and would like to join, may i know how to PM please? thanks

Hi All,
Just checking in here. My wife and I took some time (3 months or so) from start of HSR process to end of it. Happy to have received the HSR Report.
We are actually very pleased with the whole process by Touch. We are happy to answer questions about the process.

Currently, our biggest challenge is trying to navigate the different agencies and see which is suitable.

Love to connect and network with pre-adoptive and adoptive parents (PM me or can email me at [email protected]). Hopefully can hear the roads well traveled or not.

Hi everyone, we have completed our Home Study Report but so far many adoption agencies have either closed down or not responsive. Does anyone here know any available agencies that we can approach ? Thank you.

Hi all, me and my hubby recently decided to adopt after going through a number of failed ivf cycles. Both of us are in our mid forties. I am quite new to the forum and not sure how to PM. I am interested to join in the WhatsApp group, can Pm me?

I have registered for the PAB. While, waiting to attend the briefing, can anyone recommend a good adoption agency.

Hi I am very interest to join your whatsapp group of adoptive parents. Wondering if you can kindly assist to add me within the whatsapp group please? thank you.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Hi im interested in joining the whatsapp group as im looking to adopt one baby locally Please consider to add me in !

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Hi there.
I'm interested in the adoption WhatsApp group. Could you please send me a link? We've just had our HSR approved earlier this year.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm interested in joining the adoption WA group. Could you please add me in? We have registered for the HSR/ASA.

Back