Child Adoption

Hi! Yes.. am actually in the tail end of the process. But if i can help you with your qns, please do leave a note. :)

That's great Haney! Actually I went for the Pre Adoption workshop on 04 Sep... until now MSF has not yet registered my attendance. when I called today they asked me to give them till next Friday.

Any forummers are able to access the HSR Application on the MSF website? The VWO links are all broken on my browsers. Anyone managed to access the links? called MSF but they were of little help. :(

That's great Haney! Actually I went for the Pre Adoption workshop on 04 Sep... until now MSF has not yet registered my attendance. when I called today they asked me to give them till next Friday.

Any forummers are able to access the HSR Application on the MSF website? The VWO links are all broken on my browsers. Anyone managed to access the links? called MSF but they were of little help. :(
https://app.adoption.gov.sg/ApplyForHomeStudy.aspx

Hi there. My husband and I are currently looking for a baby or adopt (anywhere from unborn to 1 year old). Gender is not important, but preferably of mixed heritage (Malay/Indian/any mixed race) as our family is mixed as well (my husband is Singaporean Pakistani Muslim, and I am Singaporean Chindian Muslim). We are 34 & 32 years old, and so looking forward to finding a little one to join our family. If you happen to know anyone who is looking for a family for their child any time now, kindly let me know (98172533). Thank you so much. ♥

is there anyone who has successfully adopted local babies from within Singapore? through the MSF or local agencies? what is the process like? I registered for the PAB recently. Curious to know how hard is it to find a local baby? Also if anyone out there who knows any Indian families who have babies for adoption, PM me... TIA

Updated....
because of Fb rules..i have changed my name to GB Pri

Reposting & Re-edited:

All prospective adoptive parents who wish to join our FB group,

The procedure for joining the group

Steps:
1. login to ur usual fb account
2. Please send a friend request to "GB Pri". ( prev known as giftsat budgetprice). I understand, some of you have reservations as to just writing & not sending the fren req. I cant add u in the group , because of fb settings. this group is a secret group & cant be viewed on fb search engine
3. please send a reply to :
"We would like to know the reason, why you would like to join this group? Are you in the process of adopting? are u an adoptive parent or currently exploring to adopt for yourself or for anyonelse? Please reply, so that we can process ur request accordingly. Thanks Admin

PS: if you would like to join the group, Its mandatory to send in a answer to the above :)

4. please allow 2 weeks for admin to "add-in" ur request ( I'll check my fb acc only when i've time)

NOTE: This group is only for serious prospective parents & adoptive parents. IF you are a agent please don't join or if you are looking for your friend, please don't join on behalf of them
happy.gif

NOTE2: If you would like to check on about the service quality or to found out his reliability, please don't join the group, just because ur agent had asked u to do so. Please post ur query in this forum, so that others could reply.
NOTE3: Please dont worry that ur friend would know about u joining the group. The group setting is secret. So, you can only communicate send/ receive with the fellow members of the group ( ur fellow members can see u & you'll get the messages in your news feed. your comments/ like will not be notified to your friends (non-group))
NOTE4: My fb page was a place for cheap gifts :). I dont write or post anything regarding adoption on my wall. I respect the privacy of my family(group members). i cant tag them on my wall , everyone have their issues. please understand
NOTE5: We're a very active family of almost (more than 100 people) & we answer all questions to the best of our ability & knowledge.

A request to AGENTS: please don't use our group as ur marketing tool.

Thanks for your understanding

is this an active FB group? any other similar groups out there?

Hi, I have a 1 week baby girl from indonesia which i would love to adopt. Can anyone tell me what is the procedure without going through an agent? And how much is the costs?

Hi everyone,

I have just completed my HSR and is currently sourcing for a reliable child adoption agency. I do heard of Lotus since they are popular but I have some doubts on them too and hence looking for more opinions here. Anyone here can give any advise? Thanks in advance.

Hi we are couple married for seven years and we are unable to conceive due to unexplained fertility. We would love to any baby to call it our own and bring up as part of our family. My husband is a Singapore citizen where else I’m a Singapore PR. Please drop me a message if there is any baby for adoption.

Hi everyone! I am new here. Been trying to find a support group for adoptive parents but most threads are quiet. I have actually completed the HSR close to a year ago with Apkim and are using them to help me find a local baby. There were 2 possible matches that fell through coz birth mom changes her mind :(

Yesterday, we got word of another possible match and are very hopeful. Would like to know what the process is like at this stage and beyond. For example, counsellor said that we could receive the baby after the CB period and usually the intent to adopt is filed about 3 weeks after. But I can only apply for adoption leave after i file the papers with the court. Did you ladies have to use your Annual Leave for the 3 weeks when your lawyer was processing the papers? I might not have enough AL for 3 weeks.

Would appreciate some help please :)

Updated....
because of Fb rules..i have changed my name to GEE PRICE

Reposting & Re-edited:

All prospective adoptive parents who wish to join our FB group,

The procedure for joining the group

Steps:
1. login to ur usual fb account
2. Please send a friend request to "Gee Price". ( prev known as giftsat budgetprice). I understand, some of you have reservations as to just writing & not sending the fren req. I cant add u in the group , because of fb settings. this group is a secret group & cant be viewed on fb search engine
3. please send a reply to :
"We would like to know the reason, why you would like to join this group? Are you in the process of adopting? are u an adoptive parent or currently exploring to adopt for yourself or for anyonelse? Please reply, so that we can process ur request accordingly. Thanks Admin

PS: if you would like to join the group, Its mandatory to send in a answer to the above :)

4. please allow 2 weeks for admin to "add-in" ur request ( I'll check my fb acc only when i've time)

NOTE: This group is only for serious prospective parents & adoptive parents. IF you are a agent please don't join or if you are looking for your friend, please don't join on behalf of them
happy.gif

NOTE2: If you would like to check on about the service quality or to found out his reliability, please don't join the group, just because ur agent had asked u to do so. Please post ur query in this forum, so that others could reply.
NOTE3: Please dont worry that ur friend would know about u joining the group. The group setting is secret. So, you can only communicate send/ receive with the fellow members of the group ( ur fellow members can see u & you'll get the messages in your news feed. your comments/ like will not be notified to your friends (non-group))
NOTE4: My fb page was a place for cheap gifts :). I dont write or post anything regarding adoption on my wall. I respect the privacy of my family(group members). i cant tag them on my wall , everyone have their issues. please understand
NOTE5: We're a very active family of almost (more than 100 people) & we answer all questions to the best of our ability & knowledge.

A request to AGENTS: please don't use our group as ur marketing tool.

Thanks for your understanding

Hi. I cant find the group on FB. Maybe coz it is a secret group :(
Completed my HSR a year ago and am waiting for a match. Can help me with the joining process please?

Hi everyone! I am new here. Been trying to find a support group for adoptive parents but most threads are quiet. I have actually completed the HSR close to a year ago with Apkim and are using them to help me find a local baby. There were 2 possible matches that fell through coz birth mom changes her mind :(

Yesterday, we got word of another possible match and are very hopeful. Would like to know what the process is like at this stage and beyond. For example, counsellor said that we could receive the baby after the CB period and usually the intent to adopt is filed about 3 weeks after. But I can only apply for adoption leave after i file the papers with the court. Did you ladies have to use your Annual Leave for the 3 weeks when your lawyer was processing the papers? I might not have enough AL for 3 weeks.

Would appreciate some help please :)

My case was a bit different as we actually filed the intent to adopt the day before we brought home our daughter. We used the lawyer recommended by our agent. We quickly contacted the lawyer and were in constant contact with her. She actually let us know when the birth parents signed their necessary documents so that we can proceed to go down to the lawyer's office to straight away file the intent to adopt. We brought our daughter home the day after we filed it. It makes things much easier. I don't think it's necessary to wait 3 weeks, you can do it asap if you can convince your lawyer. We were lucky the birth mum did not change her mind.

All the best for the adoption! I know how your heart rises and falls with each match but keep praying hard. For now, I guess you have to wait for further steps and instructions from the counselor since she is the one who will know when the birth parents are ready.

Last edited:
My case was a bit different as we actually filed the intent to adopt the day before we brought home our daughter. We used the lawyer recommended by our agent. We quickly contacted the lawyer and were in constant contact with her. She actually let us know when the birth parents signed their necessary documents so that we can proceed to go down to the lawyer's office to straight away file the intent to adopt. We brought our daughter home the day after we filed it. It makes things much easier. I don't think it's necessary to wait 3 weeks, you can do it asap if you can convince your lawyer. We were lucky the birth mum did not change her mind.

All the best for the adoption! I know how your heart rises and falls with each match but keep praying hard. For now, I guess you have to wait for further steps and instructions from the counselor since she is the one who will know when the birth parents are ready.
Hi! Thanks for sharing your experience! So we can actually file the intent/court papers the day after getting the parents' signed consent? But I suppose this depends on 1.how fast your lawyer is and 2.whether you have all tue documents ready?

A friend said she contacted a lawyer only after she got the signed consent. So maybe that's why it took 2 weeks. Since her applications docs were not ready yet.

Hi! Thanks for sharing your experience! So we can actually file the intent/court papers the day after getting the parents' signed consent? But I suppose this depends on 1.how fast your lawyer is and 2.whether you have all tue documents ready?

A friend said she contacted a lawyer only after she got the signed consent. So maybe that's why it took 2 weeks. Since her applications docs were not ready yet.

Yes, we are lucky our lawyer is very efficient and it’s the same lawyer our agent is using for the birth parents so more convenient. We also emailed the lawyer all the soft copies of the necessary documents they need to prepare the adoption statement so they had everything in order quite fast for both the birth parents and for us to sign.

I think Apkim should be able to advise you their lawyer to make it more convenient for you. It’s a bit hard if birth parents are still indecisive so gotto work together with the counsellor too I think. This is just my experience so might have different experiences by others.

Yes, we are lucky our lawyer is very efficient and it’s the same lawyer our agent is using for the birth parents so more convenient. We also emailed the lawyer all the soft copies of the necessary documents they need to prepare the adoption statement so they had everything in order quite fast for both the birth parents and for us to sign.

I think Apkim should be able to advise you their lawyer to make it more convenient for you. It’s a bit hard if birth parents are still indecisive so gotto work together with the counsellor too I think. This is just my experience so might have different experiences by others.
Hi. Would you be able to remember what the documents to be submitted are? We asked some friends in the legal profession and they said the counter for the filing of papers would only open after 1 June i.e. after CB. So we will probably only contact a lawyer closer to that.

Thank you so much!!! <3

Hi. Would you be able to remember what the documents to be submitted are? We asked some friends in the legal profession and they said the counter for the filing of papers would only open after 1 June i.e. after CB. So we will probably only contact a lawyer closer to that.

Thank you so much!!! <3

Sure, it’s mostly the same old documents lol. This is what my lawyer requested from me:
(a) both your NRICs, birth certificates;
(b) Deedpoll, if applicable (applicable if there is a change of your name(s));
(c) your marriage certificate and English translation, if applicable;
(d) evidence that you have attended Pre-Adoption Briefing;
(e) photocopies of passport, birth certificate, work permit card (where applicable) of other persons living with you eg. your parents, other children of yours (if any), maid, tenant, etc
(f) the new name to be given to the child you are adopting;
(g) your Home Study Report

Sure, it’s mostly the same old documents lol. This is what my lawyer requested from me:
(a) both your NRICs, birth certificates;
(b) Deedpoll, if applicable (applicable if there is a change of your name(s));
(c) your marriage certificate and English translation, if applicable;
(d) evidence that you have attended Pre-Adoption Briefing;
(e) photocopies of passport, birth certificate, work permit card (where applicable) of other persons living with you eg. your parents, other children of yours (if any), maid, tenant, etc
(f) the new name to be given to the child you are adopting;
(g) your Home Study Report
Ah this is much fewer than the HSR submissions. Good to hear. Thanks so much! :)

Hi everyone, my husband and I have decided to adopt a child. currently in the process of filling up the super Long HSR form lol. I am a bit worried about the health check up portion as I have slightly higher blood pressure. Will this affect my HSR?

Can anyone share your experience with Touch, do they help to link up with local babies for adoption? someone earlier mentioned that apkim does, if that’s true then I might apply my hsr with them instead.

also wondering if there’s any WhatsApp group or telegram groups of adoptive parents support groups that i can join?

thanks

Hi everyone, my husband and I have decided to adopt a child. currently in the process of filling up the super Long HSR form lol. I am a bit worried about the health check up portion as I have slightly higher blood pressure. Will this affect my HSR?

Can anyone share your experience with Touch, do they help to link up with local babies for adoption? someone earlier mentioned that apkim does, if that’s true then I might apply my hsr with them instead.

also wondering if there’s any WhatsApp group or telegram groups of adoptive parents support groups that i can join?

thanks
Hi.
Apkim was pretty fast with the HSR but is taking very long to match us with a baby. Also, there were a couple of matches that didnt pan out coz the birth mothers changed their minds. But this is quite normal, I heard.

We have been waiting for a year so maybe once this virus situation improves and the border restrictions are lifted, we might consider approaching the commercial agents. Heard they have a bigger pool of available babies. Plus our HSR is valid for only 2 years so.....

thanks

My husband has high blood pressure too, but he explained he is taking measures to reduce it like exercising, and other than that he is ok. We got our HSR, so it doesn’t affect much, cos they look at the whole picture as long as you live healthily it should be fine don’t worry.

Yes, I know last year when I got my HSR, Touch, Fei Yue and Apkim all link up with local babies.

Hi all!

Anyone just beginning their adoption journey? So we can form a little group here to share our journey :)
Hi! We started on this path just a few months ago :)
Things are different due to the current pandemic, but we have got our virtual interview scheduled next week.

We have not yet identified the baby.
Any leads as to which placement agency we should go to? Pros and Cons?
Googling on them shows me Lotus, Ministry of Baby as the popular ones.

Also, any idea about the breakdown of actual costs involved - how much do the placement agency really charge?

Me!! I am just starting to fill up the HSR :) getting some documents ready from HR... then will kickstart the process proper
Things are different due to the current pandemic, but we have got our virtual interview scheduled next week.

Also, any idea about the breakdown of actual costs involved - how much do the placement agency really charge?

Lotus charge 30k n this pricing was few yrs back. Most agency are similar in pricing. I enquired kid n tot agency previously n this was their reply.......
Local adoption don't need to do HSR but it'll take quite a long time to get one. It may take up to a year or longer. Foreign adoption you need to do HSR and you can get your baby within 3 months. It'll take about 6 months to complete the whole procedure. The cost will be S$28K including the lawyer. You need to pay for the medical check-up in Singapore and the airfare to go overseas to view baby. I hope it'll answer your questions.

U may want to join adoption Singapore fb group to find out more.

Lotus charge 30k n this pricing was few yrs back. Most agency are similar in pricing. I enquired kid n tot agency previously n this was their reply.......
Local adoption don't need to do HSR but it'll take quite a long time to get one. It may take up to a year or longer. Foreign adoption you need to do HSR and you can get your baby within 3 months. It'll take about 6 months to complete the whole procedure. The cost will be S$28K including the lawyer. You need to pay for the medical check-up in Singapore and the airfare to go overseas to view baby. I hope it'll answer your questions.

U may want to join adoption Singapore fb group to find out more.
Thanks for the info
Will check consider all these. And also follow the FB page

Hi all!

We finally got matched with a lovely baby. Now going through the legal process. Any idea what MSF will be looking out for when they do the home visit? We are so anxious to make her legally ours asap :)

Hi all, anyone adopted or currently on waiting list with lotus? Is it common that she’s not responsive via message chat? She said she will message us yesterday but she did not. We dropped her another message today but no reply from her.

Have anyone done a HSR in 2020-2021 ? Would like to know how long does it take due to covid

We started applying in July 2020 and ding dong documents for a few months because really got a lot of documents to submit and I accidentally left out some.

Luckily everything was ok by Oct and we were assigned an assessor a few weeks later. The actual home study interviews (virtual) were completed by Jan 2021 and we got our HSR now.

Hi all, anyone adopted or currently on waiting list with lotus? Is it common that she’s not responsive via message chat? She said she will message us yesterday but she did not. We dropped her another message today but no reply from her.

We are on her waiting list too. She did tell us that it will be a long wait due to covid period and difficulty to get babies in.. there are many couples waiting before us too. She seems really busy though so probably take some time before responding..

We are on her waiting list too. She did tell us that it will be a long wait due to covid period and difficulty to get babies in.. there are many couples waiting before us too. She seems really busy though so probably take some time before responding..
We managed to speak to her today. Seems like it’s going to be a year on the waiting list.

Hi, in current covid19 pandemic, has anyone able to adopt an overseas baby ? Any issues with immigration into Singapore or application of Dependent Pass ? Thanks for sharing !

Hi, in current covid19 pandemic, has anyone able to adopt an overseas baby ? Any issues with immigration into Singapore or application of Dependent Pass ? Thanks for sharing !

hihi, we are also hoping to adopt but the few agents we met more less said that waiting time will be longer now due to COVID.. one even said need to wait till next year to match us with a baby!

hihi, we are also hoping to adopt but the few agents we met more less said that waiting time will be longer now due to COVID.. one even said need to wait till next year to match us with a baby!

Thank you for sharing ! Wish you all the best in your adoption journey!

Hi, my husband and I are currently looking for a baby adoption. Preferably a Chinese baby gal/boy. We are 38 & 33 years old, and both of us are Singapore citizens. Due to medical conditions, we are unable to conceive. Looking forward to finding a little one to join our family. If you happen to know anyone who is looking for a family for their child or sincerely willing to give up your baby for adoption. Please drop me a message. Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Back