Catholic Mothers

hi mommies

i just found this thread! Can i join..

I'm catholic and i go to st. ignatius. My girl is 16months now and i'm expecting a boi in july

Sysac
HI!!!! Just found this thread...

Hi Tabbs! Haha, we've found each other at another place
happy.gif

sysac - when will u be attending SFX mass ? Im goin tis Sun..mebe can meet u & pass u the holy water.

D's mum - R u still interested in the hOly water ?

Any wan still wan the Holy water in Virgin Mary bottle ?? Tink i got 2 to spare.

Hi everyone,

I just join this website. I'm staying in Sengkang & go to St. Anne's church. The 5.30 p.m. Sat sunset Mass most times. Any mums out here going to this Mass as well?

I'm a mum of 2 daughters & expecting twin girls in Oct.

Hi Denise
Wow Congrats..so u will be hvg 4 princesses in ur hse..

Me trying to sell off a twin pram coz my fren asked me to buy frm France. But due to personal reason,she cant buy from me anymore & i cant force her to buy. Now im stuck with it..sigh.

Hi MH

Thx for ur wishes. c that u r attending Holy Trinity. Hv u been to St. Anne's b4?

Hmm... I don't really fancy twin pram cos I find it too bulky yo keep. R u putting it up for sale online possibly to other twin mums?

Hi Denise - Welcome! Wow, 4 girls! What a nice time to dress them up
happy.gif

I have a 17-mth old boy
happy.gif
What are your daus' names?

Hi Sysac,

My daugthers' names are Melanie & Natalie. Wat's ur son's name?

Now I have to crack my head for names for the twins. I prefer 3 syllables names as you can see from my 2 daughters. Any suggestions?

Hi Denise - Nice names. My cousin is Melanie & my god-dau is Natalie.

Other names to add on to Odelie & Phoebie:

Tiffany
Stephanie
Emily
Caridee
Beverly
Gwendolyn

My son's name is Cephas. Biblical meaning is "The Rock".

Hi Sysac,

Ur son's name is nice. Hmm.. I thought of Genevieve for 1. but not too sure abt the other. preferably starting with 'G' also. Gwendolyn sounds ok. can consider.

My dau's name is genevive..but pronounced as 'gen-ne-vief' french pronouciation but locally ppl cant pronouce her name properly so stuck as the american pronounciation liao...

Ya, thats true. In Singapore, we have to be very cautious about this. I also changed the spelling of my son's name to prevent mis-prounciation. heheh... in fact the Priest at his baptism had to ask me if it is a Saint's name...hahhahah

There are so many christian names around now that sometimes i really think the names are not so 'christainly' anymore. I named my baby girl after a French Saint & intend to do so for my otr kid (if i have lah) based on names appeared in the bible or some other saint names.

Started brining my girl to mass since we came back..luckily i hv my hb with me else i tink i cant handle her..my hb will carry her out when she fusses & i can concentrate beta in church haha.

Hi mooon,

Actually I thought Aidan shld be quite recognizable. Heard of the actor Aidan Quinn. But he's kind of old so I guess not many pple may know him la. hehe.

Anyway, Aidan's nice.

Hi Denise
I think if I had spelt it Aidan, the priest would hv recognise but I changed it to Aeden. So priest also confused....hahhahahha

Hi Ariyane!

Welcome
happy.gif
It's been rather quiet here :p

Where is your parish? 19 MO must be a bit of a handful, mine is 13 MO
happy.gif

MH - Sorry. I don't attend SFX now. Diff to meet like that. I live in West & U in East. I also don't know how. Where is your work place?

Let me think let me think
happy.gif

MH - I dun mind but I dun work in the main building. Ask your friend if okie to pass to me. I'll walk up to meet him/her
happy.gif

Hi bin, I'm still in indonesia... I will relocate to sg around sept.... maybe u can tell me where catholic church there
happy.gif
Is Novena Church the chatolic one?

Hi Ariyane,

Which part of Indonesia are you in? I used to travel there for work (mainly Jakarta and outskirts) and will make a final trip to Jakarta soon
happy.gif

Yup, Novena Church (commonly known) or called St. Alphonsus is a Catholic church. Depends on where you will be living, I can tell you where is the nearest for you
happy.gif
You can also find some info on Singapore's archdiocese on this site...

http://www.veritas.org.sg/

For church directory...

http://www.veritas.org.sg/cdir.php

HTHs
happy.gif

hi all,

Just happened to chance on this thread. I'm a Catholic MTB...may I join?
happy.gif

Baby's due in early Dec / end Nov. 1st child. heehee...still dunno if it's boy or gal.

Welcome, CSI_Fan!
happy.gif

I'm also expecting my no.2 DS to arrive end Nov, EDD 29 Nov, gynae predict +/- 5 days
happy.gif

How are your getting on with your pregnancy? Not done detailed scan yet?

Since you are a CSI fan, must have watched last night's episode yah?

Hi CSI Fan,

Congrats! Think I know you from the Catholics brides thread in singaporebrides. Did you get married end of last year only? I am Fleur.... :p)

Congrats CSI Fan & Bin on yr pregnancies
happy.gif

CSI fan too but can only catch up on the shows during Sun's CSI Marathon cos got classes on Mons & Weds.

hi Bin, thanks!
aiyah...the TV at home is spoilt...
sad.gif
so haven't been watching the past few episodes...(plus hubby keeps nagging "are you sure you can watch such shows now???" hahaha...)

The pregnancy is ok....got so much changes to get used to. Nausea, body/bone aches, tiredness...etc. What's most uncomfy for me now is I tend to feel breathless quite easily...and each time I eat, I feel like my stomach is filled, but inside actually feels hungry. End up I take like, 45 min to finish one meal...

The detailed scan will be done tomorrow...so hopefully can tell the gender, and baby is cooperative.

Hi betterworld!
Yup, yup! I remember you too...!
happy.gif
Yup, it's me. hehs....

Hi CSI Fan,

So it is really you! That was pretty quick to be pregnant so fast. You are as productive as me. Haha! I got married a year earlier than you and I have given birth last Nov.
happy.gif
Motherhood has been life-changing. So, you are like 4 months pregnant now. Is it a boy or a girl? Who is your gynae?

Oh yes, not to scare you. Better to watch the weight gain during pregnancy. I only gained 13 kg and lose all within 2 months. Baby was of a good weight, but my friends who put on nearly 20 kg really have difficulty regaining their figures. I It seems a bit early for you to get breathless. Come to think of it, I kinda of miss the time when the baby was inside me.

hi betterworld,
yah! hahaha...God's blessing lah. Frens are wondering how come we don't go enjoy couplehood first...oh well. hehs.
happy.gif

Just went for the detailed scan on Saturday...and doc says it's most likely a gal...am in week 19 now.

yah, I thought expectant mothers only feel breathless during the last trimester. Maybe I haven't been resting well...

wow! you're lucky! managed to lose all in 2 months! I wonder what I'll be like...yup, have to watch the weight gain, but I just feel hungry so often. hahaha. so far...I've put on 2kg...

It's quite fun, feeling baby's kicks inside...haha...

Hi CSI Fan,

Congrats on having a baby gal! Girls are sweet and tend to be closer to the mother.

That's right, I got pregnant, like 2 months after my wedding too... Sometimes, I wish that I have had more couple time too, but my baby girl is a real heart-warmer, of course. My baby is really a God's gift too. Everything went rather smoothly, besides the morning sickness, and I gave birth only at the 39th+ week of gestation.

Actually 2 kg, so far is quite ok. I lost weight, about 1 kg, in the first trimester due to morning sickness. Wow, that's early to feel the baby's kicks.

So, where are you delivering? I gave birth at Mt A and would encourage you to do the same. It was really comforting to have the sisters praying for me and baby before and after giving birth.

Hi Betterworld,

Thanks! erm...is it? I'm closer to my dad actually. hahahaha...

Yup, every child is a gift from God...

Hmmm...early ah? hehs...dunno leh. On Sunday night, I was resting my palm on my belly (below belly button), and suddenly belly moved and my fingers moved (slightly - up, down) along with it too...Baby kicked me. hahaha...not the moving inside kind of feeling, but really kick. Like "blop". Then hubby placed his hand there (my fingers were on top of his), and started talking to baby...and baby kicked (hard) again...coz both our fingers moved. But that was all for that night. Heehee...Guess I'll feel more kicks in time to come.

I'm kinda torn between Mt A and KKH. Right now, gynae is at KKH. The sisters prayed for you and baby? That's nice...
happy.gif

Right, so fun to feel the baby's movements.
happy.gif

Yes, the sisters will come by the wards twice weekly to pray for those who requested prayers. I also went down to the chapel to pray while experiencing contraction pains. It was really assuring and I really needed that my intent was to go with epidural and have a natural delivery. well, the good Lord answered my prayers and I had no epidural, despite being in labour for 16 hrs.
happy.gif
Mt A was really nice in terms of their service too.

wow betterworld,

16 hrs of labour! That sounds long...must be so tiring...

Hmmm, btw, generally when do we start preparing the sutff for baby? (clothes, pram, cot, bath tub etc...). Did you all baptise your babies within their 1st month, like on the day they celebrate their 1st month kinda thing?

Thanks!
happy.gif

Hi CSI Fan,

I think you should preparing now. You are in the second trimester and this is the best time. I had bad morning sickness in my first trimester, and then at point of time, I was only interested in planning for a Europe holiday (which I did go). Hence, I only started preparing in my second trimester.

At the last trimester, some women might get very tired again and have swollen feet. I was very tired again for a few weeks, but otherwise I enjoyed my last trimester too.

Oh, I baptised my baby at her 5th month. dun think that there is a strict time of rule to get baptised within the first month. For me, it was just too tiring, having to cope with new arrival, recuperating from labour, getting used to breastfeeding and all associated problems, to baptise the baby within the first month.

Hello

Glad to have chanced upon this thread. I would like to join the club. I am a mother of 13-mth old Therese (after St Therese of Liseux - my fav saint) and 2-wk old Edith (after St Edith Stein) I suppose the legionaries will know her.

I am currently in my confinement month and getting somewhat restless. hehe.

I am living temporarily in Tampines and waiting for my actual home to be ready so am church hopping at the moment. Used to go to IHM.

Hi goofygloves,

Welcomed!
happy.gif
Are you a Legionary?? I am. Hmm...how do you manage 2 little gals? I have a 14 MO and is expecting no. 2 to arrive end Nov and wondering if I'll be able to cope :p

CSI fan,

Mine was baptised in the 4th month, no particular timing, but think sooner the better? I bought the necessities as and when there's a bargain
happy.gif
like the recent GSS or during any sales to stock up. Heard that a baby fair is coming up in Taka. And juz a note if you are delivering at Mt. Alvernia, you'll be given a free bath tub (which I'm still using for my boy)! Happy shopping
happy.gif

hi all, i'm 6wks preggy. used to go to st mary's of the angels...

Now i stay in holland ave. so i gonna start going to blessed sacrament church soon.

Any preggys/moms in blessed sacrament church?

oops! I haven't had the time to visit this thread. heehee...

Ahh...now's the best time to prepare for bb? yah...gotta get hubby to go around with me. He's always saying "still early..." rite. Quite at a loss at what to get. There's clothes, diapers (get now? hopefully tmrw NTUC got some promo...), cot, pram (not sure if we'll be using the pram or not...probably later part...so think can KIV the pram first), bottles, nursing "accessories"...hahaha

hmmm...baptism shd be sooner the better? My cousin baptised both her kids at their first month celebration - baptism liaoz then reception for all. Just wondering how to cope with all that lorh. So busy and tired...

Back