Catholic Mothers

Hi MH,

I'm with Chuch of the Risen Christ cos I grew up there, though my parish is Holy Spirit
happy.gif

Where in France are you staying? How's the catholic community over there??

Im residing in Bordeaux. Erm..nt been attending church since i hv been here..cant understd wat the priest is talking.Go back SIN must go for confession liao
happy.gif

Hi MH,

Sorry for not responding earlier. Yes, I am attending SFX & St.Joseph's. Bin has mentioned all needed to do for the Baptism. Rem to get an outfit for your son/dau.

Bordeaux is nice. Seen photos of the place but not been there. Only been to Paris, Dijon & Nice.

sysac - Seldom tourists will visit Dijon, myself hvnt been there..whats in Dijon ? Been to NICE..i find the beach real nice but nt realli like take my breadth away type coz its nt a sandy beach
happy.gif
. Tink the 1st mass i will attend will be in SFX when i go back instead of Holy Trinity.

MH - We visited Chateau De Marsannay in Dijon. Love the place. Bought wine there too
happy.gif
U r in France becoa of HB's work or yrs?

France is beautiful. I went to the south, Provence - Avignon, Arles etc. But think it'll juz be this one visit since it's rather ex :p

MH, have you ever visited Lourdes? Maybe I'll make a pilgrimage there ...
happy.gif

Any mummies working in town and attends lunch-time mass on Fri? Juz went 1st time last Fri and tot it's a nice break from work. Wld be nice to meet up with other mummies too!

hi bin,

I attend the lunch time mass at Suntec Convention Hall that is held every Tuesday. Yah maybe one day we can meet up and attend mass together.

Hi hi miracle bb!

Nice to know
happy.gif
I attended the one at Singapore Conference Hall on Fri and saw mostly oldies
kao_sticktongue.gif

bin & sysac- Wah, hw come all the places u all visited i nvr been before...but i been to other places in France. Mebe coz the country is so big, it can nvr be explored fully.
Yeah..been to Lourdes 2x..beautiful plc...collected 5L of Holy Water to bring back to SG hehe. Staying here in France for 2yrs coz hb posted here to work,be goin back SG tis Apr for good.Will def miss France.
Bin - Where exactly did u go in the South ?
Sysac - Mebe b4 i go back SG can check out the Chateau. We bot a few bottles of wine too to bring back SG coz ard BOD got many famous wineries & cognac.

sysac - Hw cme so obvious ar..when i tell ppl my hb work in france, tey knw its Airforce..haha.Difficult to travel nw coz got a baby..my gal is qte a handful..dunno if she can take the long drive..

Hallo All!
A Happy and Prosperous Golden Piggy Year to all! MH, how was CNY in France? Guess you must be missing all the usual goodies, unless you happen to be a great baker. Hope you have a nice couple of months before you come back. V lucky to get a chance to live abroad for a while. Well mebbe when u get back, we can organise a get-together for all the catholic mummies here. Would be nice!

sysac - U r in SAF or ur hb ?

troika - We celebrated CNY in the airbase here...got the usual CNY goodies..had 'Lou Hei', ate ba kwa, drink sharks fin soup & many other dishes...the guys here can cook pretty well..sme even beta den wives. I tried baking Pineapple tarts wif frens here..turn out pretty delicious.The supermkt here oso sells chinese orange.Ya..its nice living abroad..once a lifetime thingy..nice experience.

By the way..anyone of u know if S'pore got sell those communion photo album ?

Hi all
Have been getting updates on this thread via my email but have been too busy to post messages. Just to say Hi ... hehhe

MH: I envy you. Always nice to get away from Spore for a while and France is such a nice place :)

sysac - I used to be in the AF too but quit to follow my hb to france.

mooon - Ya, France is realli a nice place...beautiful language & beautiful scenaries. Def will miss driving in France when i get back to SG haha...no more speeding
sad.gif

MH - Wow wee! Great then u'll understand HB's schedule better since u were previously in the force. Happy travelling & keep in touch in the meantime
happy.gif

I have 5 to spare..specially bought for u mummies here..asked my friend who went to Lourdes to buy extra 5 bottles for me to give out to u all.

sysac - OK

D's mum - Ya, can give u one.

So sweet of you
kao_smile2.gif
When are you coming back?

It's Palm Sun this Sun and holy week then. May all mummies have a meaningful week ahead! God Bless!
kao_smile.gif

bin - so u wan 1 ?

I will be back on Apr 28...after i settle dwn then we arrange a meetup k.

sysac - u attend SFX rite ? If i go there for mass, i can pass u the bottles.

Hi MH,

Thanks for the offer, I don't need as MIL give me one which she got from her trip to Lourdes last yr. I juz used it to bless my baby who had fever for the past 3 days
happy.gif

Have cast a vote for Gen, she really knows how to post for the camera! So adorable
happy.gif

bin - Is ur baby beta ? U let ur baby drink the water or just sprinkle or bath her in it ? I used to bathe my gal in the Holy water once haha..hoping she wun be so naughty.Tks for the vote.

Hi MH,

Nope, who's beta? :p

Hee...I only made the sign of the cross on my boy. Wow...you used a whole lot of holy water or juz add some into her bath?? Don't think Gen is naughty lah, she's so bubbly
happy.gif

Hi all

I'm a catholic baptised in 2005 @ St Joseph's. Attended RCIA at novena.

Usually attend mass at St Mary (near my place) if not @ Risen Christ (near my in-law place).

My hubby is a cradle catholic & my bb Evangeline is now 6mths 2wks old, baptised in Risen Christ.

Glad tat I foudn tis thread... New in SMH.

sysac - Gen is in the Baby category..the one wearing a Pink Strawberry Shortcake cap & posing like a Rapper haha.

Bin - I used it to fill half her bath tub haha..coz i took 5L of holy water back from Lourdes the 1st time i went there.

Gladys - Welcome to the thread. Will nid to ask u more abt RCIA..tho' im a catholic but i got to admit i knw nuts abt RCIA..tot of asking my hb to attend..really wan him to be baptised.

Hi Gladys - Welcome! I attend Mass at St Joseph's occasionally cos I live nearby.

MH - Found her!

hi MH - attended rcia at novena & class usually commences in July 4 novena church & lasted 4 abt 9mths. Will baptise on Holy Sat.For novena church, rcia registration shd start ard tis time. But 4 different churches, the duration usually different. For St anthony, rcia journey last 2yrs.... Class once a week & there will be at least 1 retreat... veri enrichin...

Dear mummies,

Happy Easter!
kao_cheers.gif

Hi MH, hee...that's alot of holy water! I remember hearing my MIL said to dilute the holy water and give away. Still holy right??
rofl.gif

Hi Gladys,
kao_welcome.gif
! Nice to meet a convert mummy here
happy.gif
I attended the Easter Vigil last Sat @ Risen Christ and very inspired by new catholics and Christians converted to the catholic faith. A good booster for cradles like us
happy.gif

Mummies, juz wondering if you feel that most churches here do not have sufficient facilities for nursing mothers and diaper changing? I wrote an email to parish priest b4 but to no avail. Thinking what could be done to improve on this aspect...

Gladys - Wow the RCIA sure is a long course..doubt my hb is discipline enuff to attend..he is not so committed.

bin - Mix with water..humm...no point liao rite..Actually i tink the holy water comes from the small river next to the church (very cold spring water)..some visitors sit on the rock opposite the church & soak their feet in it oso...but we still drink the water like nobody business.haha.

Hi mummies
Jus happen to come across this thread.

I am staying at Yew Tee but attend Holy Cross Church. Converted my hb before we got married. He was baptised by Fr Richards, our marriage was also solemnised by him. Next month on the 6th, my 3 month old son will also be baptised by him.

Hi Sysac
Hv u been living in Yew Tee for long? I jus shifted from the east about 4 yrs ago. Initially, it was a 'culture shock' becas the behaviour of the ppl here n in the east are different.
Sometimes, I also attend St Mary but have not been to St Joseph ... but mainly attend mass at Holy Cross

BTW, there is thread on exchanging item within CCK area - tot u might be interested.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449169/768705.html?1177431318

Take care

Hi Poo_power - Been staying here since Jan 2003 after marriage. I was staying in Serangoon area before moving up here too. Fortunately, office is near home so not so bad
happy.gif

Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum.

I'm a stay-at-home-mom to my 4-yr-old daughter & expecting another girl this July. We go to St. Mary of the Angels at Bt. Batok
happy.gif

Hi! Welcome mummies to this thread
happy.gif

iveleen, you are taking care of your gal alone? Must be lots of hard work. Guess it's really not easy to be a SAHM. I'm finding courage to do so, maybe when my no.2 arrives end of the year
happy.gif

Hi bin, thanks for the warm welcome
happy.gif

Yep, it's mostly just my girl and I. I've been a SAHM for 3 yrs plus and I'm really enjoying it. I don't do very much actually...just take care of her, be there for her and mostly, we just spend the day keeping each other company
happy.gif

Becoming a full-time mom...it's the best decision I've ever made in my life and one I've never regretted. It'll be a very very long time before I'd even plan on returning to work
happy.gif

Hi iveleen,

Glad to know that you are enjoying being a SAHM. Your hubby must be very supportive too right?

It'll be too much for my ageing parents to take care of 2 kiddos, thus the decision to stay home. Much as I'd love to take care of my own children, having to depend on a single income is demanding on my hubby. Hmm...guess need lots of prayers for God's provision, and also to keep my sanity :p

Mummies, what do you do in guiding your kids in the faith apart from attending mass weekly?

Hi bin,

Yes, I am quite fortunate that although my hubby does not earn very much, he is very supportive
happy.gif

I totally understand your concern about getting by on a single income. We had quite abit of problem with that at first too. Due to poor planning, we literally maxed out all our credit cards in the 1st year...lol. Slowly, we learnt (still learning) to manage our finances better. Funny thing is, through it all, we never did run into any serious debt and we always managed to get by somehow
happy.gif
So keep the faith...God will provide as He purposes ;)

We try to immerse our girl in the faith by...
- weekly Mass
- my girl joins the St. Francis Kids' Club for pre-schoolers at SMOTA
- attends Nursery at a Catholic Kindergarten
- say grace before meals and ever since she's started school, we sometimes let her lead
- parental blessing in the morning and before bedtime
- short morning & night prayers
- she has her own rosary beads which she'd just sit around and play with when we pray the rosary (something we don't do very much nowadays though
sad.gif
)
- tell her how her guardian angel will protect her..especially when she's afraid of the dark and 'monsters under the bed'
- she has a small collection of Christian books which we sometimes read to her
- listening to and singing hymns together at home (when she was a baby, instead of singing lullabies, I'd use to sing to her my favourite hymns)
- on weekends, her grandpa keeps her entertained sometimes by watching Catholic cartoons by EWTN

Well, that's about all I can think of at the moment...I'll post more when I remember them
happy.gif

Hi iveleen,

Thanks for sharing and thumbs up! You are really leading by example
happy.gif
Glad to know that young families like you still pray the rosary
happy.gif
Were you a Legionary? I'm one. Before we had the baby, I always urge hubby to pray the rosary with me but he's always reluctant
sad.gif
We only did once for our pope who had passed on...heh...

I will sing hymns to boy too and will bless him b4 bedtime if I remember :p These 2 nights I sang "Our Father" while he dozes off. Hmm...would really like to be more active with guiding him in the faith. It's the pillar of my strength and hope that it'll become my children's too!

All mummies, do keep your sharings coming. Cheers!
happy.gif

Back