Carpe Diem Childcare resort @ Punggol?

Hi Sheryl,

Great to know you here. I have not been "active" in this forum for a while. Both my DD & DS are in CD N1 & Todd class respectively. As far as concern of the mosquitoe bites are still alright as I do not get to see much from both of them.. Not to worry abt this.

The administer (blurqu33n) in the FB is on holiday at the moment. I can help to send a msg to her so that she can add and link u when back. Can I have your email address pls?

Cheer!

hi bitrix,

thanks!

sheryl, my gal do get the bites occasionally even though mosquito repellent is applied on them before they go outdoor to the field, but I'm quite ok with it..
as for fb, i think there's some problem with the group right now, will try to figure it out n add u in asap.

hi mommies, I'm planning to send my 21 mths daughter to carpe diem as we desperately need help for someone to care for her. Anyone so kind to pass on their daughters pinafold and PE attires? pls pm me can meet along mrt thks

Hey bbstuffz, came late for this msg. Do you still need the gal pinforms cos I have 2 sets in sz S but there is my daug name written inside her pinforms if you dun mind. I can't spare the PE attire cos my ds is wearing it. Let me know!

Halo mummies,
I intend to register my son and daughter for Carpe Diem Punggol as well for next year.
Can i check if most of the mummies send your kids to school via school bus?

Hi there! Welcome to this thread as we hv not been active for a while. Both my kids are taking the school bus right from the 1st day of school till now. Both enjoyed the journey ride from home to school.

Hi, my daughter is attending CD soon. Anyone has S size uniform and T-shirt/shorts set to be given away? Please PM me.

Thanks.

HI Mummies

Would like to find out how's CD resort? like to transfer my son over end of this year.
hope to find out more about this school.

Thanks in advance
cheers

Hi mummies,

I am interested to find out more about CD resort as well. I'm looking for a childcare centre that can enrol my son once he reaches 18months. He is 13 months now.

It will be great if mummies can share the programmes that they have for the playground and anything that we should look out for as well.
Thanks!

hi all

wonder if this thread is still active.
happy.gif

i have 2 kids in CD resort. the elder one has been in the school for 2 yrs. i used to like the school as i love the spacious outdoor area they have. Tot the pool is for the kids to play FOC hahah but comes with a price of $180 if i dint rem wrongly. But lately i have been contemplating to remove them from the school. Below i have listed some of the good and bad about carpe diem resort for all who are planning to enrol their kids. hope it will be useful.

1) School bus service -- good
happy.gif
no complaints so far. once a while kids are not buckled up.

2) Environment -- great except the mosquito issues

3)HFMD -- occassionally but not the extreme cases whereby school has to close for a period of time.

4)Turnover rate - relatively high (in my opinion
happy.gif
)..has seen quite a number of teachers leaving and new faces coming in.

5) at times wen i ask my dotter on wat has been taught in the english class, she will say ..hmm nothing cos teacher is on leave this week...:p not exactly sure if my dotter is speaking the truth as i dun check on the school but if it is..den its nitemare right? imagine no english lesson for 1 week?

6) the most important point on why i have the intention to transfer my kids out to another sch - The english teachers speak very bad english. as ENGLISH teacher, my min expectation of them is to speak grammatically correct english. But wen i was there during a story telling session, i was disgusted by all the grammar mistakes made! haiz...and parents who have kids there in CD resort. (hmm i may hav overreacted but to me, my std of english is poor and yet i can spot the grammar mistakes ..hmm)

7) The good thing is my kid picks up alot of mandarin in sch. as they are surrounded by heaps of Chinese teachers. but den again there are disadvantage of too many chines teachers. there was a PTC session and 1 chinese teacher was telling me. Oh i cant speak english and most of the kids are english speaking. so at times we dunno wat the kids want.
sad.gif

does anyone know of any parents in CD resort who have tranferred their kids to some other kindergarten or childcare? any comments from them?

My son entered CD as toddler, now in N1. Has been a good year coz I have seen him grown from a "baby" to an independent, very outspoken boy. His toddler teachers and assistants were great. The teachers and assistants had given my boy lots of opportunities to express and explore. They are very close and my son loves teacher Rani so much that she can be his godma. Their passion in the kids had given us peace of mind for a year.

Beginning this year, there seemed to have quite some movement in the teachers. Derrick has just left. The changes have caused some anxiety to me and my boy.

any parents with your kids also in CD Punggol? wish I can exchange news and experience about what's going on in the school...

Hi all,

My gal has been there for 3 years, and my boy coming to a year.

I've seen a quality drop in this centre over the years and am getting disappointed with the standard of care and teachings. The only things I still like about there is the big play area, and all the chinese lang teachers. You can really see their love for our kids. I am certainly displeased with my gal's teacher this year but do not want to be too biased against her yet till I get a thorough investigation from the centre.

Anyway, the centre in charge is really cmi lor. And in a way, I'm quite glad he has left. I've had many encounters with him and each one always proved that he is simply BLUR! I simply cannot take it. now that doris/rhonda is holding the helm, I am more assured that things will run beta. Hope the next centre ic they engage is someone who can really manage it well.

As for the English standard, I must agree that it's horrendous! I cannot help but correct their english in the report books at times because it simply gets on my nerves too. I chose to close an eye because ultimately, my kids still enjoy going to school and seeing their friends and teachers. But with the recent incidents, I am having serious thoughts about transferring them to another centre.....

hi hi...I've 3 sets of used carpe diem uniform & PE. Size: S. Will let them go all at S$10. In case anyone is interested, do PM

Cheers

Hi all,

I am trying to re enroll my boy to CD Resort but sibling priory also no guarantee can get it. The N2 class is oversize to 32 now.

After seeing the above comments, I decide to enroll my boy to CD HG. Choosing HG due to small teacher to children ratio, the max is 12 per class. It been operating for a year only, everything there is quite new except in enclosed area.

I have no choice as all the cc around my area is full and my mum is not able to take care him properly due to health. Plus the 2hr session in tot house is not getting anywhere for him.

Thanks for all the comments, to allow me to make myself convince CD resort is out and move on to next choice.

Anyone there whose kids fm CD Punggol r taking the Half day sch bus home??
Cos there has been an issue of overcrowding n I have already spoken to Rhonda in Feb n she said she will look into it n shld be able to resolve the issue in Mar...
As my boy has left CD in Feb, so I dun noe if they have resolved the issue... Till, yday am, I met the bus uncle n bus aunty n they told me no the situation is even worse... Mon - Fri everyday overcrowded, the bus is taking 15 students instead of 11 which is the bus max capacity. Thurs will be 18 kids!!!!!
I find this v serious as this compromises the kids' safety... n i really find no reason or excuses tt r strong enough to delay this issue further...
So i hope any parents who seen this posting n yr kid is taking tt half day bus, pls do call the sch to check. I in no position to complain n follow up w Rhonda as my boy has already left CD.

hi mummies!
i went to quite a few carpe diem branches.i quite like it at the carpe diem resort @ punggol cos its really spacious.but the centre is rather old and its full!i went to the 2 branches in hougang and the one is like (newer branch) is full.so i went to the older branch in hougang and the principal was rather nice and assuring.but i find the centre a little overcrowded.so i was thinking of the branch at hilltop.any feedback or advise?!

Hi,
I have 2 sets of boys' uniform and 2 sets of T-shirt and shorts in Size M letting go at $10 each. Only used for about 4 months. Pls PM me if keen.

has anyone been to CD at 946 hugang? how was it?
is the centre' s TRs english as bad too? clean?
anyone took the transport and stayin in SK , how much is it?

Is this thread still alive? Any feedback from mummies about the school now? Is it full and overcrowded and poor standard? Anyone can share the fees for full day child care? Planning tO enrol my kids.

Hi all,

Am looking for Carpe Diem uniforms for girl in Size M, both the
morning and afternoon attire. Please pm me if you have the uniforms to
let go. Would prefer new or preloved ones in good condition.

Thanks in advance!

I will not recommend Bright Kids if there is a choice. The teachers are not caring at all and their Principle is not good as well. I am truly disappointed about their attitude. I will never enrol my child to Bright Kids if there are other options. This is my honest opinion, but anyway there is so little supply of childcare and such a high demand nowadays, we parents are left with no other options. Good luck!

hi Kitty,
i kinda agree, i was looking around for childcare for my boy next year.
been to almost all the CC in punggol.
Went to Bright kids, it was 6pm, some parents are pickg up the kids already, i was standing at the gate, it was open, the teacher sat nearby saw me, i smiled n gestured alil, she din even bother to come forward to me, just stared awhile thn looked away, another young chinese teacher walked past to the office i think, past by me (some distance away), oso tk a glance at me then proceed away.. no one care why there is a stranger standing at the gate.
They all looked pretty young..

For my #1 CC, the teachers will come forward n asked, if u r picking up or wat? wont don care, like i am invisible, i just went to one branch forgotten the blk #, i decided need not to go to others.waste my time.. i rather got 24th ponggol then hv it there.

Hi mummies, I just withdrew my son from bright kids blk 192 after 2 days trial. I have waited almost 6 months for a cc vacant slot in punggol, but the condition at blk 192 is so unacceptable that I have to withdraw him and tender resignation at short notice as I couldnt find anyone to take care of my son. The teachers are not caring, shouting to the kids very often, I really pity those kids there.....

Hi, any latest review on Carpe Diem Punggol? I noticed review stop at year 2011.. I am considering to enrol my boy for N1.... Please advise how is the standard now....
Thanks...

i called in feb for my girl to enrol for N1, waiting list till 2014!
I ended up enrolling her in Cambridge yio chu kang branch - which will be changed to sunflower in aug due to change in sch management. my girl quite happy there. teachers very caring and nice cosy environment.

hi, i am going to carpe diem next week to see if i like to place my son for a pre sch there. any mummies have honest review of this place? thanks!

Back