Can we bring formula milk to Australia?

ngph2117

Hi mummies, anyone of you have travelled to Australia with your babies/toddlers before? Can we bring along opened or unopened tins of formula milk there? Will it be confiscated by the Customs even if I declare? Anyone of you know what are the brands of formula milk available in the supermarkets?

Unopen tins can. I tried before to perth. Just declare and prepare it conveniently for customs to chk. Write on the the ciq form 'unopen' dried formula milk powder.

Thanks very much sungrapes and mummyjay for your inputs! first trip bringing toddler abroad hence no experience.can we get baby food or necessities easily at the supermarkets there?

Yes in mel, syd,perth. Woolsworth evthg oso hav, kinda like ntuc here. Of cos perth is abit mre far off. Syd city supermarts are all like 7-11 here, gotta drv abit to their big supermarts. Mel has chinatown u can get evthg there. So depends which city u gg.

Enjoy ur trip!

Absolutely! They have lots or organic food in the supermarkets too which are half the price of what we pay here since theyre made in aus/new zealand so not to worry.

Have fun!

No prob with bringing milk powder to Aust if is unopened. You can also prep one or 2 feeds of the powder in those canister to bring on board the plane. Just need to explain to the custom pple. They are usu quite ok if is for children. You can also bring water bottles with water for your kid. tho there is a limit to the amt of liquid you can bring on board, they are ok if is for the kids. But of cos cant bring hot water up. you ask for hot water when you are on the plane.

You can easily find baby food like heniz at the supermkt there. But then I suggest that you prep enough diapers on your own cos may not hv the one that your kid is used to.

If you are driving, good to bring GPS or download some apps in your phone for directions.

Bring lots of things to entertain your toddler while in the air. he/she may get restless quite easily.

I always bring hot water in a thermo flask, have never had any problems or neither have i been questioned about it.

Back