**CALLING all Nov 2006/ Jan 2010 mummies!!

Hi everyone,

Me still tired with shoulder ache for a weekand also sore throat come and go now back again, even take medicine also like that leh, must be growing old feeling tired everyday!

Serene,

So how are U dealing with your 2 kids? OMG alone is a nightmare without help.

SupperHappyMum & Steph,

I will never agree with maid having a HP. They will have no heart to work if got HP for sure, my previous maid after return came back with HP and end up no heart to work everyday ask me which phonecard to buy and which are better :< So end up I send her back after warning she still didnt change.

Steph,

Yeah have to bring them out once in a well. As weekdays they are already trap at home fully. Now I still thinking whether should I keep my maid next year or get new ones. A bit scared after my previous incident leh.

Steph,

My maid is from Myanmar. I don't get filipino maid as they must have hp and off-day. Gradually, when Myanmar maids get more and more, they will request the same also. Sigh !

Why do Singaporean ends up depending on maids ?

It is scary in the sense that we are "inviting" as total stranger to stay with us and paying her $$.

Jasmine,

Since she is saying for her family to contact her only. I suggested to her that her family can call my hp when needed. It is in-coming call fee anyway.

Also explained to her the cost of owning a phone even if not using it.

We put the total earning of finish 2 years contract and work till Dec 10 vs immediate stop contract for her to see the different in amount of $$ she will earn. If she stops now, she will only earn 4 months pay for herself. If she will have to come back again, she will need to pay agent fee (+/- $2300) again although she might get at bit of higher salary each month. I think she can understand that and saying that we want to finish her contract the next day. Phew.....!

Let's talking about something happy:

My son is 6 months old now. I did it. I have exclusively breast feed him for 6 months. This is the 1st time I did exclusive bf [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Must pamper myself for a good meal tomorrow.

SuperHappyMum,

In-coming call free is for local call in only leh. If her family call U on HP U will have to pay the bills too coz overseas call to your HP is chargeable. So after explaining she decided to complete her contract than go back?

U stopping BF in total already? If U totally stop still have to massage your boots when having shower for at least 1mth. So if u planning for another kid, BF will not be a problem.

Jasmine,

Really ? Her family gets phone at home immediately n called her on sunday. Will get her pay me back if there is charges from Starhub.

Can you believe it take ~S$1000 to get a phone & phone line at home in Myanmar ? I have checked with my Burmese colleague. It is possible leh !

She again spent $15 to call back home on Sunday after her family called. It is because she wants to advice her 17 years old sister not to accept her job as maid in Singapore as the family needs her sister to take care of a baby and an elderly. They even choose job you know ! Now, MAID IS THE QUEEN. There is no typo error here. Her sister is just 17 year old actually. There is a family going to be cheated by them soon. Sigh ~

SupperHappyMum,

If they call your home phone than U dont need to pay for phone bills, if call your handphone than U will need to get her to pay lah. Is like that lah, agent will try to cover their age for them. My sis ex-maid also she work for her for 1 week and tell my sister that she is only 19yrs old. My sis straight away call up the agent, the agent still can tell my sister dont believe what the maid says. My sister insist on sending her back to agent and told them if they refused to let her send the maid back to them she will call MOM to check. So the agent scared and buy tickets send the maid back home leh!

how superhappymum? maid issue solved?

Phone and calling cards: Do you supply one for the maid to call? sometimes i felt my maid quite poor thing and since now that she is earning meager amount monthly until her bond is up. I bought her calling cards. Any lobang? Thought I saw on BP once that ppl are selling at $7.90.

i've been super brain dead, going through motion; becoming oblivious for things surrounding me!

Sorry Jas, noted that i haven't reply u on the bb's clothes...i have no idea how to get it started esp Caleb is like on a growing spurts. he seems to outgrown many clothes real fast so i gave up.

Jasmine & Steph,

my maid issue may consider resolved bah. She says she will stay till contract end (july 2011). I dont trust her anymore.

Thanks Winnie! I registered too!

SuperHappyMum, if there's no more trust a little hard to work with also leh...

She needs u as much as you do too...so maybe give and take?

Dear all, My grandaunt passed on last Fri of stomach cancer...her death was rather sudden, from discovery to diagnosis to death (triple D's i called) were just over a span of 3 weeks!

Well, I was sad and guilty that i haven't been visiting her after I got married. Feeling emo after event like this... will make me pause and appreciate things around me!

Hope all have enjoyed your quality time with family the last weekend [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Steph,

Its ok lah. If U need bigger clothes for him when his weight stable when he turn 1 yr old than let me know. My boy below 1 also outgrown a lot of his clothes but after he turn 1, he can wear back some of his old clothes actually. When will your hubby be back? My hubby went to Laos to teach the teacher there, he say there is like old kampong ever in the city area. Guess what he buy the card to call back home the network is like so lousy until can't even hear him talking at all and cut off so many times, end up we use skype to call instead and its free some more.

U take care, my grand mother also die of stomach cancer she last for 3-4mths suffering actually. That was long ago after my 2nd elder brother wedding she went back and discover she have cancer.

SuperHappyMum,

Actually I also a bit not sure should I continue my maid after her contract expiry next march or should I look for new maid leh. My boy stick to her leh, so worry if I were to change a maid will my boy be ok with the new maid?

Steph,

It is ok lah. I am mentally prepared she will request to leave anytime, now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Worst come to worst, I only need her till Dec 10.

Jasmine,

Some of my friends never extend their maid contract because they say maid will change. My 1st maid made up story so that we let her go home 3 months earlier for their new year celebration. She thought we didn't know. We are just giving her convenience and happiness since she will go home for 2 weekds 3 months later anyway. Who knows she changed after coming back.

If your maid is good, why not give her a chance and you need to mentally prepare and need to re-evaluate her after extension.

SuperHappyMum,

Actually that happen to me when I extent my previous maid lor, they change after coming back. Thats why now I think twice to renew tis 1. I think her looking after my kids are ok, both kids like her. But the thing is she cant change on cleaning habit, I find that she still not doing good after more than 1 yr working with me lor. Although my previous maid change when coming back during her 2 yrs with me her cleaning I can say is 80% of what I want which is good enough. But my previous maid till she left she dont know how to cook dinner for me and wanting more salary from me as she think she is already experience after working for me for 2 yrs. I did increase her pay by $60 and she still think not enough for her. Tis present maid finally put effort in cooking my dinner for Mon-Thurs when Im at work. I think better to look out for 1 and retrain again better than keep the maid.

Jasmine,

Since you know her, why don't give her a chance. No harm. Taking new maid also a risk of getting bad maid (like what I experience).

Hello mummies!!!

Wonder if it's my hormones or the perpetual deprive of sleep...my face says it ALL...popping up like teenage girl! Arghhh....sad sad!

Then I thought dealing with hair dropping is bad enough!

Steph,

Bare with it. U R right once U slowing down on BF, hormones will change de. Slowing it will be back to normal. Same to dropping hair.

SuperHappyMum,

Not that I dont want to give tis maid chance, the thing is she also thinking want to stop and rest for a period or continue also. Anyway I will see how it goes.

Hello mummies....guess we are so busy! hardly active on this forum.

Jas: think I have never been that hideous ever! while BF-ing is good for babies...how come mummies suffer physically [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Serene: How are u??? I haven't gotten any response from u re: the milkbags. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

How's the rest?

Steph,

Yeah thats why ma ma shi wei da de lor, lets hope when they grow up they will be good. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] When will your hubby be back? My hubby just came back from Laos and will be going for 3 weeks re-service again in 2 weeks time.... I knew how U feel the stress without hubby around. Guess all mummies busy with work and kids. Both my kids is sick again, sigh... so hard to get them back to normal and they get sick again!

Jas: My hubby will only be back early Oct. Although it's half way mark already! Horrendous 2 months now that I look back!

Yup I rem the Laos trip u mentioned, for YEP rite?

Actually it's tiring for mummy when kids fell ill...esp when they can't verbalise well enough for u to understand the symptoms.

Steph,

Count down for your hubby to be back ba. August ending so left 1 month & a week to count down for U. Me can't wait to go for my trip after hubby back from his re-service lor. Really need a break, I just can't imagine bringing both kids for a trip, hope everything go well. lor. Finger XX...

Hello mummies!! Using my phone to view the forum...Finally have ME time to do my things n sit down to rest! Gladys is fine now but still on-off having fever leh n oso don knw why. She nowadays keeps crying like trying to get my attention. She wan me to sleep with her, don wan daddy la.... Every morning see me, will wan me to hug n carry her... It's as if come back to last time b4 I sent her to sch very clingy... She oso cries every times there is thunder. Keep take away toys when her baby Sis wan to play, sayin the toys are hers... Then she took other toys that she don like to the sis. Sigh... I really need a MAID to help! But looking at all of you with maid problem, don knw how. I was quite disappointed with my hubby - he recently see his mum taking care of 2 kids very tired, wan to discuss to get a maid to help.. I work so hard n tiring too, he din even "think" of getting a maid to help! His friends saw that I very busy with kids, asked him to get a maid so to help... He always told them I can handle... Or he's there to help wat. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] then what make him think that his mum cannot handle, need a maid??? Don forget, his mum oso brought up him n his bro with one yr gap only! Mine is 3 yrs gap, which one more difficult?? I oso very stress.... My boss gg maternity soon...I have to take over her duties.

Tomorrow on leave. Tuesday is my last day of work in the current department. Mixed feeling [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Tomorrow on leave. Tuesday is my last day of work in the current department. Mixed feeling [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Serene,

U mean your MIL not looking after your kids? I thought she is looking after them? If so I think is a good idea to get a miad to help lor. Its not easy to take care 2 kids. Last time when we are young we are easy to take care lah. Now kids all super hard to take care I agree not like our time lor. As for maid, my hubby is clear that we will be looking for 1 new 1 as he dont want to let my boy too cling to her my maid. Cleaning wise she is not to our expectation, looking after them she is good like bathing them and feeding them. Anyway its not a good idea to continue to renew a maid... we have bad experience so scared le...

Jasmine,

I will face the same problem (about maid) in 8 months time. I think I will keep her unless she can continue without going for home leave. I will pay her the air-ticket in cash. I also had bad experience on maid attitude after home leave.

SuperHappyMum: You should be happy if you are getting a better timing and prospective in your new dept despite of getting to learn things all over again. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I'm so sad...my boy has his incisors erupted and chewed on me while I was trying to breastfeed him...I screamed and I think he was shocked by me..now he doesn't want to latch anymore...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Jasmine: wanted to ask when u did your kiddos first birthday..u got to the traditional choosing of items??

For e.g.

Pen -> journalist, writer to be?

book -> good in studies?

calculator -> accountant to be ?

or anyone any idea?

Steph,

Its not birthday for the item U say leh. My colleague did that, its for 3 mths old. I didnt do it for my kids.

Hi mummies,

So long no one do post any updates? I will be flying off this sunday to NZ for 2 weeks. Keeping my finger XX is a smooth trip bringing the 2 kids along. Have do packing can't imagine the amount of items to bring along.

Jasmine,

Have a happy holiday with your family ! Please share your experience when you come back. I am also planning to go for holiday with my 2 girls.

Hello how's everyone? It's been awfully crazy for me! At least now...i'm counting down to my hubby returning this Fri...FINALLY!!! to think back, 4months just like tat swished by.

Hope u had a great trip with your LOs. 2 kiddos! can't imagine that!

SuperHappyMum, how are u settling with ur new dept?

Serene...u MIA again..u haven't give me your account number to transfer!!!

Hello....

Hi Step,

My UOB saving a/c is 101-111-174-8

Hee...hee... damm busy, cos got to cover my boss's duties as she is on Maternity leave. Not really have time to chat...

Hope all mummies doing fine! Got to do my presentation slides now... chiao...

Hi mummies,

Me back after a tiring holidays with 2 kids. Both me & hubby sick but not the 2 kiddos. But after they return than my elder girl fall sick after 3 days, she have fever but now better after few days rest. Maybe is becoz of the long traveling in car and also the time different is 5 hrs here time is 6pm there is 11pm. So now their sleeping time is all over the place.

SuperHappyMum,

All I can say its a challenge!! My advise is to be prepare yourself to handle them in flight and also during traveling its not easy. Its my 1st time and hubby says no more traveling till they are older. No joke.... my kids they are ok in flight only coming back my boy having a fuss as NZ side dont allow us to bring water on board so we have to get water from them on board when making milk and my boy can't wait cry till they just walk to us and help us get water 1st as they are serving meal at the back so its like block walkway and we can't do anything, think back so peisay... Weird lor when we went singapore side didnt stop us from bringing water on board but NZ side ask us to pour away all the water from our bottles. BTW both your girl same age as mine? Where U going? If short trip maybe better. Ours is 10hrs flight so consider long hr ba.

Steph,

Here U go hubby finally back liao hor. Must be a REAL relieve for U man 4 mths is a long period out with him around. Now all back to normal? Maid happier? U too? Dont need to rush to your MIL and back to and fro.

Jasmine: glad that you enjoyed ur break somehow. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yeah...hubby back for 1 week and I'm still tired...y? my boy doesn't recognise him and stick to me more often now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Steph,

its like that lah, give him sometime to adapt back. My boy went NZ for 10 days came back dont want my MIL and maid, a well than he ok le.

Now our thread so quiet le. Hows everyone?

Hello everyone!

ya lor all very busy. I'm off for another biz trip end of this month...so tough to sustain lactation.

boy is ok with dad now after nearly 3 weeks!!! and we shaved him bald as he seems fussy with his unkempt new grown hair.hahaha...evil us!

Steph,

U still BF? Its good to do it as long as possible. I stop when my boy turn 15 months. #1 child I stop at 11 months as my girl start to slow down intake of my BF. U finally shaved him haha... My boy I shave him when he is 6 months as the top of his hair is growing but not the side, so look weird.

yes Jas, still BF-ing...down from 6 times to 3 now.

weaning off process...another 2 more months to go!

ya lor...my little botak, can't stand the hair unkempt and standing! but ppl say the more you shave, the more hair it will have?

heehee...i dun mind him having a head of lush carpeted hair :p

Steph,

Good for U tahan for 1 year. Slowly extend your hrs, than can stop le. Remember after U stop BF, 1st few month need to massage your breast when shower. Clear when milk get lesser. U know till now when I squeeze my boots still got few drop of milk, I have stopped for half a year liao. Put olive oil after shower, just a little.

Those for skin 1 not cooking olive oil hor.

Really ah? I don't recall how i wean off for my gal!

ok ok ..will take note! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks dear!

Hi there,

Im new to this thread.. just want to check if any mommies out here had organized or is organizing 抓周 for their babies? can shed some lights n share? thanks.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jas, I got write leh...but no response sob sob...

all busy bah!

I'm just done with my son's 1st bday! so fast hor....

now back to the working mum regime...nothing much interesting [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Steph,

Yeah my son also turning 2 yrs old during CNY on 11/2. Falls on friday, may celebrate for him on 4th day of CNY. But no doing anything big just cake cutting.

OMG Maid salary increase as Im going to look for new maid soon.

Not sure should I look for 1 now as my maid end in april, should I let her go 1 month early?? So xian, planning to move house end tis end looking out for resale in Hougang area and property price kept going up, and now with maid salary increase!

yeah Jasmine, everything is inflating except our salary!

You looking for Hougang area? near me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

As for maid, if we continue their service, we top up with a little bit cannot meh? must be $450 and up?

Back