**CALLING all Nov 2006/ Jan 2010 mummies!!

Steph,

Think most of the maid know by now that new maid coming all will get that amount le. Is either U base on market rate, if not is base on whether your maid want to continue or not. I just found 1, pay is $380+$20 no off day. She ever work in Malaysia, hope she dont give me any problem, fingers XXX...

Will look out for flat maybe in June on wards as would want my girl to finish her K1, start her fresh for K2 in Hougang. Which part of Hougang are in at? Im looking for either central or near festival market.

Update on my maid. End up the maid we choose can't be in :{

And so last min. we have to opt to get in a philipino maid instate.

Hope she can come soon. Now my hubby screaming for help at home. As he took 3 weeks leave since he have school holiday now. I have to follow up taking leave after his school re-open. Sigh.... hope the maid is worth the wait. And I have a shock, her height update is extreme different from 157cm to 141cm, now she cant be hanging out heavy bamboo to sun, will have to make do with corridor to sun our clothes le.

Change of plan to move house till next year, as tmr will be going down to sembawang to look for a kindergarten for my girl, if we can enter her by next term there, will let her finish her K2 there than move house. Hope everything goes smoothly for us. PRAY...

woot! I think we are so busy now that our little ones are so active!!!

it's been almost a year since we met?

Jas: Change maid again? how now? better?

I'm quite happy that i changed my maid last year and very comfortable with the current one.

she already worked for me for one year! not sure if I'm able to entice her to stay for another contract cycle.

Not moving liao? yeah...the property is absurdly overpriced... we have to slog for our lives to repay! i'm already headache with my elder girl P1 enrolment for next year!

Checked that to send her back to my old school but have to pay $ for alumni! then have to move nearer to school as we do not want to strain her with travelling. So after discussion, i guessed we will settle her for nearby school.

Talking abt job, I'm peeved and sick...keeping options open...so got lobang PM ME! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Steph,

Yeah man, last option we change to philipino. Thought will be better, but I think same problem. Their language is better than indo. but she still cant get what I trying to say, need time for her to get use to our english her. She also homesick as she have 2 gals at home. Have let her call back once le. Last night she asking to call back again. Hubby not so happy about it. So I told her if she call again next time to call will be 1 month time, she say ok. Hubby afraid she call back too many times will affect her on working here. Sigh... I caught in between... And problem with her with MIL also a issue... as MIL kept complain that she ask her to do things but she like never hear her. Coz MIl also cant speak much of english maybe, so when she do talk to her she didnt know she is talking to her. :/

Why U not happy working at your present company??

oh dear Jas hope your maid situation is better now. May I ask how much is the salary? mine left 10mths more...i hinted her if she wants to contd...she says she missed home. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] it's like that if they have kids back home but better than those not married rite?

well... long due promotion and silly politics.

Steph,

Yours is indo. maid? My maid I paid her $350+$25(No off day).

So far I think single maid is better. Just that when we choose the single 1 all taken up. Single must get not so fat 1 skinny 1 work better. I think those with kids 1, will not continue after 2 yrs. For single depend on their age. Those who need $$ for home will stay to continue. U heard last week news. Got maid agency being fined by MOM coz they raise maid salary in groups of agency which is not allow. Good for that man, so they cant anyhow raise salary for the maids, how to afford?? We still need to pay levy!

Think everywhere also will have politics, just 1 ear in and 1 ear out, dont care lor.

yes mine is from indo. i paid her $360 and no off days too.

wonder if i raised to $400 will she stay?

read the news on agency hike maid's salary benchmark, i almost choked on it when i see $450 for fresh maid!!!

Steph,

Now maids very clever. If they go back heard about those NEW maid can get that much of pay sure they will expect that much if U want her to stay on. Believe me, my 2nd maid also indo, she compare her pay raise with others. As when she decide to renew her contract with me, she say ok. But once she return home and came back. U can see that she no heart to work, its pointless to ask her stay on.... Thats why after she return, I make a hard decision to change her away, 3 weeks before I started work from my maternity leave. Think twice if she already say she dont want to stay on...

Hi Mummies,

Happy New Year to all!

I saw this new preschool called Giving Tre3 when I went to Thomson Plaza last week. I think their webpage is www.givingtre3.com. It was next to Thomson Plaza along the main road. Its a new preschool cum enrichment centre opening in Jan 2013. I decided to go drop by unannounced cos just nice my boy turning 3 next year and I want to put him in Nursery. The lady was very nice and friendly and showed me around the place.

I must say, I loved that place alot!! It was not very big with only 3 classrooms, 1 class being dedicated as a computer lab for their reading enrichment programme and 2 other classrooms. But it was very cosy! Like a home feeling. Their boss is also very sweet and she shared that she's been in the early childhood industry for more than 12 years. I don't really like those big organisations cos most of them just care about the business and making money but I could feel her passion for children even through talking to her.

They also have an outdoor area, although not very big with water and sand play. It was really nicely done up!

They also had reading enrichment and Pri Sch Preparatory programmes. Their reading enrichment programme is from Australia and its partially an online lesson. I think the name is Reading Eggs. Seems very interesting cos I went to the reading eggs website just now and the lessons were very fun. My girl quite likes to play on the computer and I think this will attract her. Besides having the online lessons, the teachers will also conduct activities in the classroom. I think will be a good balance.

They also have this Pri Sch preparatory programme that teaches grammar, maths, comprehension and creative writing to prep kids for P1. Sounds quite good too cos besides English and Maths, they also have this social and emotional learning lessons, something like learning how to listen, problem solving skills, focusing and paying attention etc. Which I feel my girl will need help in....she's quite hyper and can't really focus on a task for long.

They having opening promo now. Got waiver off registration fees and discounts too. I've decided to sign my kids up cos they have sibling discounts too.

Back