Breastfeeding Support Group

Hi All,
How many times do your baby poo? Once everyday, twice everyday or is it norm if dont' poo at least few days?

Hi babysteps,
Same here. One of my breast is yielding more milk than the other.

Hi babysteps,

welcome to motherhood! I'm also using Swing, light and small.

same here, one breast yield more than the other, it's common. I got a feeling that the milk some how flow more to the side i started pump first.

When i started work, i diligently pump e'vry 3 hrs, scared not enuff for bb. Then later on, with less engorgement, i pump less. Now bb 8mths, pump only once at work (working hrs 12-8pm), around 120-150ml. Anyway, my son started solid, so feed less milk in the daytime. But night feed ard 3 times (10pm,3am,6am,9am).

My advice, better be kiasu, pump as much as u can at work. Can store in freezer for much later use (3 mths in freezer if i'm not wrong)

HI IC,

my son sometimes poo once every 3 days. He's on solid got quite hard stool at times. I think the texture of stool depends on the food n fluid intake. My nephew once at 4mth+ din poo for almost a week n doc said ok!

Hi NISA,

my son 8tmhs, i got very little ss now. But last week i had engorgement once, I think my bb control the intake of milk. Mybe u can try pump out and massage while doing so, that's what i did to reduce the lump n pain. Hope tat works!

Hi bee,
Thanks for the advice.
I have another problem now
sad.gif

Got admitted to cgh for urinal track infection and coz of the antibiotics they gave me, i have to stop breastfeed for 1 week.
Now I pump my breast and realize that supply is VERY low. I plan 2 breastfeed my son for 2 yrs.
Any idea how to restore the milk? I am taking feenugreek and pumping now. Can only breastfeed end of next week.
Thanks
Nisa

hi mummies,

im new in this thread. i also BF my baby. he is now 9.5 months, and i plan to BF till his 12mnths. however, since he is taking solids, my supply is dropping. im now taking fenugreek, but i dont think its helping at all...my supply still low.

any advise you can give to improve milk supply?
my baby takes 200-220ml per drink. he takes 2 bottles while im in the office. need to keep my supply running. anyone can help?

TIA

Hi,

I new here too.I have 2 kids, older boy, now is 20 months old and younger girl is now 4 months old.

Due to many reasons, my poor boy get to drink breast milk only 1 month. Now I am breast feeding my girl since birth. But she is supplement with formula at times.

Need to get advise from mummies here,I am not sure am doing the right thing here. Would like to give breast milk to my girl as long as possible.
--Since birth to a month of my girl, Confinement lady help to look after my girl almost 24 hour, so I pump out milk every 3-4 hour and latch about once or twice a day. My supply is not a lot so my girl has been using bottle to drink my EBM and formula to supplement. thinking that my milk supply will increase as time goes by.
--2nd month, i am planning of going back to work so I only latch her late evening and through the night. pump out every 3-4 hour during day time.(thinking supply will pick up)
--3rd month on, i am back to work. I apply the policy of "latch whenever i am with my baby" and pump out during at work place only.
--Now at 4th month, my milk supply still the same, each time i pump out only able to collect 60-80ml each pump session. i express at 10.30am, 2.30pm and 5.30pm during working hours. Total of 3 sessions is only 180-200ml. (very little, not enough for her when she is with care giver)

How and what am I suppose to do to increase my milk supply so as for my girl to be fully breast-fed baby? Based on this amount collected, my production rate is only 1oz per hour produced.

Please help me.

Thank You.

Hi all,

I have the following brand new medala product for sale :

1. Medala storage bottle pack (3 bottles in a box)
- $25.20

2. Medala spare parts, Valves & Membranes - $24.40

3. Medala Nipple Cream (Big tube) - $15.40

Interested, pls email to [email protected]

Juz bought them yest at the bb fair at expo, with receipt to show. Selling coz my sis have extra for me liao.

Hi

i'm new here... have a 5days old gal on TBF

Is tat a possible tat once we bottle feed her and she will not want to suck on our nipple???

Baby now suckle for a while and will fall asleep breast doesn't empty out, have to express and store it and later spoon feed her... after each feeding...

Hi Pris,

My baby gal was fed through both bottle and direct right from the beginning and she did not have any problem. In the beginning she preferred the bottle becos it was easier but as she grew bigger and more adapt at suckling direct she preferred "fresh" milk as I would call it.
happy.gif

hi ladies,
just to share:
My boy is 13mths old and still tbf.Im still an avid reader on this tread although i seldom post.An uneventful thing happened to us.We're thankful that up till his lil 13mths life, the onli ailment he had was a mild fever due to sensitive nose(once) and that was history.
So yes, 'mimilk' (breastmilk) has never failed us.
here goes, last friday he's body temp shoots up to 40deg(due to blocked nose again) and we rushed him to KKH.
We were given the priority and a dr attended to us in less than 15mins.A lists of 'torture treatment' (to Ds) was done..andrenaline gas mask,blood tests, xray, oxylevel test was carried out. Being a boy who seldom cries or cling to me, for the 1st time he wailed hysterically and i guess the WHOLE emer room could hear him!(terrified)and so the other kids cried along too.
Me?(speeceless) My 1st instinct was 'put him to the breast momi!'I did and we nursed(peacefully) in the midst of the packed emer room.
The next thing i knew,he was calmly suckling and lulled himself to slumberland.
And so,he managed to 'seek comfort to the breast'.Phew,I thank GOD we have the privilege.
Dr even added that since he's on tbf,he'll recover @ a faster rate.Thanx again Doc for the assurance.
So mommies,we're doin D right thing y'all

hi all, i have a ques reg bf. i tbf plus pump out 1~2 times a day. i just notice that there is always a small "lump" at the top left side of left breast and top right side of right breast.
can anyone tell me whether it is milk that is not pump out or is it just breast tissue/fat. it always the same place.
thanks a lot.

hi tinyshop,
I still do hv tis prob when my ds bit me(during teething)and i have to let him just suck on the other side only.So i ended up pumping on the other side.It ended up with small lumps on the top area,sometimes big lumps.
It persisted even after I let ds suck from it.So i seeked help from my aunt(a lact nurse).She said, try massaging constantly.During a WARM shower and before/after feeds.You might want to try hot compress.I tried massaging and it works.I even massage it during feeds.Apply a lil pressure.
Hope this helps.

hi, jts w how to increse supply.
i used med, nuk, pig etc for my 1st bb. they can't emp my brest, caus supply to drop. have to mix with fm. and need almost 1hr to pump each time
sad.gif

now, i using ameda for my 2nd one. need only 5~10min per pump only
happy.gif

get a pump which suit u.
pump every 3hr and in the night.
drink fish soup etc
most impo, have 3 let down every pump and press out by hand after pump to fully emp the breast.

by doing so, i bf my baby in the day+ pump 3 times in the day and 1 time in the night during my conf. can still have 5x60ml of ebm for night feeding and 2~3 bags of frozen milk a day. over supply till now, i have to reduce pump cause no place to store and frozen milk can only keepfor 2months.

hi.. just came across this thread...

emily, i have the same problem as you...my baby is almost 5 months already..I am back at work and pump 3 times during work, each time only can get about 3oz..not enough for her now that she is older. After work, I will latch her on direct and she also sleeps with me at night.

Somehow, milk supply cannot increase..by my estimation, one day got suckle/pump 8-10 times..

i took mother's milk tea, fish soup as well, but also don't see improvements..

if anyone has any advice, pls help..

Hi mummies,
should i transport bk the milk i pump oversea?how to maintain my milk supply when gg abroad?

hi i'm a newbie in BF. Need you gals advice on couple of things.

I'm facing problem with my gal who refuse bottles. Starting her 3rd weeks, She reject any bottle, only latch on from me. She is only 3mths old soon, and i'm starting my job next wk!
sad.gif

any mom her experience this, and how you solve the problem. many tks in advance!

Hi All

Pls advice me.

hmmm, cos disposable bags are of bigger quantity abt 250ml. so do u all store via freezing of small quantity (per feed quantity) in each disposable bag? wasteful right.

I was thinking of mixing EM(in bottles) extracted on the same day at day end from fridge into the disposable bag and store into freezer. Can? worry contamination. Then when i need, i just thaw the one big bag and divide into smaller quantity via bottles and put into fridge for consumption on the same day.

Hie wondering if my prob with little EBM if normal..
My baby is 8 wks old, so is drinking up to 120ml when i feed her FM. Yet when i pump out using Tommee Tippee manual breast pump, i can only pump out at most 60ml frm both breasts! I pump when i have to be away or when i was falling sick, every 3 hrs if possible. Everyday i supplemented w FM abt 1-2 bottles a day, to make her get used to bottle cos i hv to be away for a few hrs few times a wk. Rest of time BF. I dunno how else to increase qty of EBM cos i feed her on demand every 1.5hrs n bb appears to be contented aft feeding on my breasts, btw 20 to 45min each feeding (she will close her eyes, n sleep or otherwise active!). Since 4wks old i also felt my EBM was lacking cos then it was 40ml frm both breasts, aft 30 mins pumping frm both breasts.

Secondly, my hb is trying to stop me frm BF my bb directly cos he thinks i'm irresponsible when BF. He is worried that i might suffocate my bb cos sometimes i end up falling asleep in the middle of BF at night or early morn. Bb will end up sleeping in my arms too. My ILs n maid r also worried i'm spoiling my bb when doing this cos my maid n MIL will hv to take care of her when i'll be out the whole day studying starting in July (i'm a young mom). Am i really irresponsible by doing all this? What i'm trying to do now at least is to set timer every 15mins aft start of BF so that i'll wake up in time to see if bb still suckling. But my hb thinks now is too late for that so trying to force me to switch to all FM n EBM, if i hv enough. I miss holding my bb so much already aft many hrs not BF!

Thanks to everyone who'll be reading n supporting me w. replies/advice.

Hi
Just found this support group, a bit late le as i've stop bf my gal.. My gal was on tbf for 6 mth then supplement wif fm till 9mth...now she is on solid n fm...
one question for experience mommy, after stop bf how long then period will start again?

This thread dun seem to be active now. Maybe most had graduated like me?

I've stopped BF my son around 15mth or so, actually can't remember when as number of feeds reduced over time hence caused supply to plunge. Some more i think family members not so supportive for extended BF over 1YO.

I miss BF my son.....

Hi Smashing_orange,

Welcome!

You just need to keep pumping every 3 hrs without fail! Try a good electric pump, double pump the best -save time, in your case which i think u need that. Some mums go for higher end Madela Pump-in-style, very good in expressing alot of milk in a short time. While I'm satisfy with my light weight single electric pump.

Dun be despair, i started with struggling thru my 1st mth of BF, almost gave up.

I had C-section birth and had insomnia for couple of weeks after the surgery, my bb had bad habit - he would fall asleep when latching on, I din have the patience to suffer thru the 30min feed (as told by lactation consultant -15min each side) after few days of trying. So i decided to pump out milk, it was miserably little, like 30ml per pump at first. Luckily my SIL contributed some of her EBM, and i also supplement with FM, which i then realised he could take 120ml at 1 week old!

Slowly the supply increased slowly over time. I only latch him on like max 2 times a day till he's 2 month plus without any FM (supplement with FM only during the 1st 2 weeks.) You should know that direct feed can stimulate more milk? SO latch on as many times as possible while u're with her.

Tell your hubby and family that Breast Milk is the BEST and the only BEST thing u can give your child, also save a lot of money on FM.

ASk him to help if he worry about u suffocating your bb. Tell him to bring bb away after her feeding while u fall asleep, it;s the same as ask him get up, go kitchen prepare FM/EBM, feed baby, then after that wash the bottle. Which task does he prefer?

You might want to tell your school and lecturer that your need to express milk every 3 hrs and ask for a place that you can use it. Don't do in the toilet, it's unhygienic and will contaminate the milk.

Relax and dun worry too much, stress will deter the flow and quantity of milk. When expressing, look at ur bb's picture and think of her will help fast let-down. :) I tested and proven.

Keep it up and you have all mums' support here! And trust me, u'll forget about all the hardship u went thru later when she grows older.

Hi shelllow,

I guess it depends on individual.

My SIL had her period when her bb's almost 1YO, for both her boys.

For me, if not wrong, menses came when bb 5mth (still BF). I felt cheated!

Someone i know said her menses came after a month while TBF her 1st child, and same for her other 2 girls.

hello shellow,
yup yup..it depends on individual.
my menses came when my son was 16mths old.

he just turn 24mths and we're still a nursing pair.It became our routine and our lifestyle.wink

<font color="119911">i had total bfed both my boys..the 2nd kid at a longer period of 10mths + coz i think i got more milk the 2nd round..hope everyone will continue bfg as long as possible..cheers~

i support total breastfeeding..so mummies..jia-you..jia-you!</font>

i ladies
Can I check if anyone of you bought your breast pumps from the US before? I like to ask if breast pumps from the US are usable in Spore, in terms of the voltage? Do you know if there is any potential issue?

i understand there is no warranty. so not sure if it is worth the savings. anyone has sthg to advise?
thks

hi happyhippo,
I bought other electrical appliances from US before and I plugged it in using a travel adaptor compatible with e voltage.So far it works.
Maybe u could try...hope this helps

Hi happyhippo,

I'm currently using the US version of Medela Freestyle. The voltage is usable in S'pore, i.e. no need to buy additional adaptor. Been using for 3 wks with no prob.

hi mummies

I plan to go for IVF early next year. I would like to check if I can still breastfeed my girl if I were to get pregnant? I have history of weak cervix so does BF causes the cervix to open up prematurely? If I have to stop BF, then how should I start my girl on FM then? ANy mummy have experience on this??

Hi Mummies,

May i know since u all were still breastfeeding when u got pregnant, then is e menses date acurate on every mth?

If it is not acurate, then how would u know how many mths pregnant?

I told e gynae e start date of my last menses which i think i do remember quite clearly. Hence it should be 8wks when i go for my 1st appt yesterday. However, e size of e bb is only at 6wks.

I told e gynae that i m still breastfeeding my #1 but my menses have been quite regular for e past few mths, then she said that e bfing could have delayed my menses date n my bb should be only 6wks old.

She asked me to go back 3wks later for another checkup I m so worried now.

Anyone faced the same incident before? Hope u can share. Is it really like what e gynae said? It's e bfing that could have delayed my meneses?

Hi hi all
Need your advice on breast size. At first few month it grow to c cup. Then now 7months pregnant breastgetting smaller down to b. What happen? Not enough nutrition?

Hi there dear moms,

Need advice. Anyone pregnant and still breastfeeding? I need help coz my milk supply is dwindling and i found out that I am about 5 weeks pregnant. My boy is turning one next month and he is still on full breastmilk. Any tips on how to increase milk supply please? Thanks!

Hi, selling my 'breastfriend' twins breastfeeding pillow. Condition is 9/10. seldom used, less than 15 times as my bb dun really want to latch on. letting go at $100.

if interested, pls PM me or sms me HP 91284125 for the actual picture of the pillow. self collection at central area.

Hello. I just found out about this thread. Wish I had known earlier cos I faced quite a few challenges when we first started.

My girl is now 6.5months and we're exclusively breastfeeding.

Dear ladies,

How do we maintain the supply of breast milk? I latch my baby but milk supply seen lesser.. Is it due to not enough rest n did not drink enough water?

Hi sylvia1085

How do u know that ur supply is lesser? My advice is just continue to latch n latch n latch. Coz supply = demand so e more u latch/pump, e milk supply will maintain or increase if e demand increases. There are 'milk-boosting' foods which may be suitable for u..mine is spinach soup n oats. Happy bf! :)

Hi all.. I'm new to this group and I have a 3 mos girl. She will be starting infant care next Tues and I'm worried abt supply cuz wun be latching in e day when I'm working. I'm now trying to immidate the scenario abt not latching in the day.. feeding her freezed then thaw milk.. seems like the amount I pump daily not enough for a whole day feed.

Eg: LO drinks 130ml per 3-4hrly. First feed Ard 7+am.. last feed ard 9+PM.. abt 5 feeds in total.. but I can only supply abt 4 feeds when pump. Shld I intro FM in this case or what is ur advice n routine u took for FTWM w LO at infant care ?

Hi..I think it will depends on ur breastfeeding goal. How long do u intend to continue breastfeeding? If ur goal is long term then I think introducing fm is not wise coz it will reduce ur bm supply n in time e amt of fm feed will increase. If u r determined to breastfeeding for long, maybe u wanna try power pumping during e weekends or when u have e time. Can google on it.. Will be tedious n time-consuming but u will be able to build up ur stock supply. :)

Hi all.. I'm new to this group and I have a 3 mos girl. She will be starting infant care next Tues and I'm worried abt supply cuz wun be latching in e day when I'm working. I'm now trying to immidate the scenario abt not latching in the day.. feeding her freezed then thaw milk.. seems like the amount I pump daily not enough for a whole day feed.

Eg: LO drinks 130ml per 3-4hrly. First feed Ard 7+am.. last feed ard 9+PM.. abt 5 feeds in total.. but I can only supply abt 4 feeds when pump. Shld I intro FM in this case or what is ur advice n routine u took for FTWM w LO at infant care ?
Hi lynzie.. intend to feed as long as I can.. that's why am struggling to use fm or not. Will Google power pump..
Thanks!

Hi, i am a working mum and still bf my son who has turn 4 months now. Morning during my work time, i express 3 times ard this timing 8am, 11am and 4pm. When i reach home, i will latch my son for feeding. Weekends, i will latch him on whole day.The main thing to let supply enough for you is to eat on time and latching your child during night and weekends. It worries me when i start work afraid supply might be low but not. Morning i eat oats and drink milo. During lunch and dinner, i take food like salmon, spinach or green leaves salad. Try eating papaya for milk supply booster. I drink also longan red date tea during my working hours. All these foods would boost up your supply. Most importantly, drink plenty of water before and after pump. I realise something too, no matter how stress and busy at work, when you think of your baby who need your ebm, supply will naturally flow and supply will be more than enough.
Another thing is do regular massage on breast before pumping and latch, it will increase your supply. You always need to think positive. A mum can do anything for their children. So alway say you can do it. Hope this tips helps you. Happy pumping!

Hi ladies, need some advice here.

I'm planning to Bf my bb after delivery and after I return to work for as long as I can.
However, my work requires me to be constantly on the move, but I also have the flexibility to plan my own schedule.
Any mummies here have experience on how to go about doing this?

Hi mommies,
I am distributing maternity bras at $12 (more designs). There are 2 types: Wire and Non-Wire. The bras do not have sewn-in bra inserts, but I still able to chuck the washable breast pads securely. To view the selections, please feel free to drop by at www.***********.

Having a sale now with selected maternity bras at $8 each.
Kidswear to be further reduced later on.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

Hi dear ladies,

After so four months of bf, my menses suddenly came.
I've notice a significant drop on my bm before my menses came.

How do i increase my milk supply during this period of time.

Appericate ur help ladies.

Back