Boon Keng Mommy's Club

Celeste,

ya, you prob saw my girl...:p me moving out of st. george next yr jan liaoz. sold & buy another place in upper boon keng..so will be busy.

I go to Lee clinic normally for ourselves, but for my DD, i bring her to PD still
sad.gif
i dun trust the GP leh. a bit anyhow one.
sad.gif

BTW, one of the mummy here put in the YWCA near mcnair.. i PM her and ask b4. she say is good n reasonable rates. My DD is attending julia gabriel 2x a week liaoz for playgroup.. MIL bring her to forum outlet for 1.5 hrs. I also can join in when i am free during lunchtime, so can spend more time with my girl also even though working.. this way, MIL get abit of OFF also from jaga-ing my girl.

Faintz,
think i will be shifting closer to you huh? me moving to blk 38...

Jasmine_Lau,
Upper Boon Keng is the area near Kallang MRT?
happy.gif
Ya, I saw about YWCA, I actually enquiried on the newly opened one above the Boon Keng MRT at Blk 5, Boon Keng road there. Rates very reasonable also, Playgroup is 5 days per week at $270/mth if i didnt remember wrongly, place fairly new and environment not bad. Am considering putting my ger there for playgroup or as childcare. Still thinking hard *sigh*
Woah, ur ger very lucky, attending JG
happy.gif
My ger now still zhor-bor at home...haha

hi Celeste,
I'm just the opp of u.. I moved from Upp Boon Keng (near Kallang mrt) all the way to CCK after my girl was born! We switch positions.. ha..

Updates
happy.gif

I just sent my ger to the infantcare at Blk 5 Boon Keng Road there called "Creative Star Skoolhouse". So far feel that the places is not bad
happy.gif
Hopefully everything goes well!

hi hi mummies,

me staying @ upper boon keng, the new flats from the en-bloc ones... me also looking nearby palygroup for my 18th mth girl... any recommendation?

jf,
ur PIL also around at home or u leaving ur maid + ger alone?

Leereiner,
upp boon keng is the one next to kallang mrt rite?
happy.gif

hi ahblur,

yap yap, near to kallang mrt... went to visit Creative Star too after saw its banner. The new is quite new, right? where's YMCA?

Celeste,
The maid & my girl goes to my SIL's hse during daytime & comes back home in the evening. So my girl has her elder cousins to accompany her
happy.gif

hi Leereiner,
I used to stay at the older blocks (blk 11) around the market. Now I will visit my mom on wkends.
Were you previously staying in one of the enbloc flats that were demolished? Which blk are u in now?

Hi Jasmine,
Do u mind to share which blk will u be at Upp Boon Keng?

Hi jf,

used to be at Blk 6 now blk 2D... missed Blk 6 as we didnt need to bring umbrella even its raining, shelther linkway to mrt. now gotta bring it out.

Leereiner,
Yuppies...Creative Star is quite new...I quite like it because spacious, windy and the teacher student ratio is still quite okies. For infantcare now, they have 2 teachers + 1 helper to about 7-8 infants.
YWCA is at McNair Road, I went to see it once but its further than Creative Star for my case, so I prefer Creative Star. Somemore, it just opened in August, so a lot of things are relatively new! Haha

hi celeste,

how old is your jr?

hmmm... gotta check the logistics arrangement with my in-laws. btw, we are staying with my in-laws. so they'll be the one who gonna bring my girl to playgrp.

Leereiner,
My ger is 16+mths now
happy.gif
. So still considered inside infant care. But she is given the choice of activities at both childcare/infant care side because some childcare activities she can participate liowz.

can call you "blur" hee...

celeste,
so your girl is in jun'06 lor? you put her as full day over there? wonder have you been to the bestcare montessori @ kallang CC?

Leereiner,
The new blks are very nice, perhaps except like what u mention - no sheltered linkway to mrt. Blk 6 is the one facing mrt right? I wonder what is the authorities gonna do with the plot of land after they tear down the old flats??

Celeste,
For me, more advantages to move over to CCK
happy.gif
altho' now it takes me 1 hr to travel to work in town area... Give & take lor..

Leereiner,
of cos can call me blur
happy.gif
cos i very blur one...finally found both u and jf that are more active in forum! Hehe :p
Yuppies my ger is in jun '06 one. Bestcare Montessori exp lehz..hehe..me very kiam siap mommy....then somemore hb say childcare inside community centre not very gd cos a lot of 'ah lian' and 'ah beng' hang around there, but i tink not necessary also lah *lol*. Anyway my ger now is infantcare and only the Creative Star got accept infants...so only one choice anyway *lol*. Then when my ger reaches 2 yo i might consider shifting her to the childcare juz next to my blk for convenience
happy.gif

jf,
same here! Haha, last time when i staying at YewTee hor, travel to work at JurEast only like 20mins include everything. Now I take bout 1 hr to travel to work at JurEast *lol*

Celeste,
I feel like finding a job nearer to home so that I don't have to travel such a long distance. Normally I've to stand about 30-40mins on the mrt & walk 15-20mins to office! Despite these "morning exercises", I'm still not very slim.. haha!

But on the other hand, there're perks working in town, eg shopping, convenient to run errands etc.

Re: infant/childcare centre
To me, the teachers in the infant/childcare centre is more impt than its location. Good & dedicated teachers are not that easy to come by.. that's what I think lor.

me used to work at tuas, near to the checkpoint. so travel time was more than 2hrs to n fro. and somemore co working hrs 8am to 6pm. so gotta leave home aro 630am and reached home 715pm. found that no time to spend with my girl. She sleeps aro 930pm. Now my current job is near to clementi, cut down lots of travel time. and more time with my girl now....

but still looking aro, wanna work in suntec, bugis area. hee....

RE: infant/childcare centre.
same thniking as jf, teachers is more impt than location. But hubby doesnt agreed to this. Like Learning VIsion @ Arthur Road, sighzzz... no way able to convince DH to let my girl enrol there.

dunno what is govt gonna do with that big piece of land.... pte condo? bus terminal? but sure they gonna make monies lor...

now me got nothing to do in office... hee!!! can surf net lor...

Hi All,

I used to stay at Blk 4 but move to clementi last Dec. Last time while I stay at blk 4 always hoping they will build a shopping mall on the big piece of land in front of my place hahaha...

Leereiner,
suntec, bugis area good for lunch time shopping! hee

hopeformiracle,
my hb was also hoping for a shopping mall.. keke

jf, ya ya, work n shop, work n shop... hee...

dun really want a shopping mall. there're lotsa malls, even neighbourhood has it. to me, kallang mrt is only 3 stations away from city hall. can go to orchard, in 20min. or can start from city hall, walk to citylink, esplande, marina sq, suntec then bugis.... all are so close. so convenient. hoping it will be HBD flats... so we can apply for it and have our own home.

Leereiner,
Ya, good if HDB build more new flats at the old site. For me, I was hoping HDB will enbloc my mom's block so that we get to choose a new flat there.. hee..

Do u or your hb drive? Btw, where's Arthur Road?

jf,
sometimes i feel like finding a city area job also...but when i tink of having to start all over, somemore with a young kid now, sometimes need urgent leave or mc etc if kid sick, or take leave when like tat time change bbsitter, maid etc. Which new job will allow us to be like that, and somemore i prefer to knock off on time...when tinking of all these, then i will put off finding another job *sigh*
As for my tots on infant/childcare, my main priority is as long as they take gd care of the child, as for the curriculum and education as long as acceptable i will be fine with it, cos my main motive now is to let my ger go n play with other kids n mingle around
happy.gif
instead of stressing on education part.

Leereiner,
aiyo..work in suntec/bugis wait spend a lot of $!!! Haha...last time i used to work at suntec before...then almost every week or alternate week i will buy at least a new pc of clothing or wat *lol*

hi jf,

none of us drive not even the license... hee...

Arthur Road, near to mountbatten, can take bus 12, think aro 6 stops away. but gotta walk to the centre. there are a few CC over there, like eton, cherrie hearts...

Celeste,
I'm working in suntec now, and yes, temptations are everywhere & the tendency is to spend!

About mingling around.. my girl used to be very shy, so I sent her to once-a-week classes and now can see improvement
happy.gif

Leereiner,
I see, then not so convenient.
Oh, mountbatten areas have quite a number of childcare ctrs, but mostly on the high end, ie expensive.

jf,

yup... inconvenient lor... had a gd impression of the CC. tot if the CC has a better cirriculum then dont need to have enrichment classes, burn the weekends. errrr... weird thinking eh? not nor?

Leereiner,
Can understand ah, u wanna rest on wkends mah..
Talking about curriculum, my hb's colleague says cherie hearts' curriculum is gd & incorporates some enrichment classes too. Fees about $600+. Too bad, none of their branches are near my place.

jf,
yuppies, i tink its impt to let todds start to mingle around...i dont wanna let her stay at home whole day also...cos like bery boring
happy.gif

dont know whether my girl will feel bored at all. she always has her gugu and shushu (my DH's younger sis & bro) play with her at most of the time of a day and the tv too.

wanna start her with flexi hr or half day thingy, with same age grp girls & boys lor... think coz she's the only granddaughter now, everyone dotes her, makes she becomes self-center. She doesnt know what is "SHARE". She will share her things with us but not others.

visited cherrie hearts too, quite near to learning vision one. errr.... still prefer learning vision har.

hi blur,
heeheee.... how many naps is the Creative giving to your girl? and @ what time? For how long? Do you need to adjust her nap before put her over there?

Leereiner,
Creative no fix naps for my ger now because she is still considered under the "Infant" group. They will let her sleep when she is tired. Normally from the record I see she naps twice a day there, about 1 hr each time.
No need to adjust her nap b4 putting her there
happy.gif

ya ya... forgotten your girl is 2mth younger than mine. hmmm... then me gotta check out the napping time for toddler gp. Err... do you think shall me adjust my girl napping time according to theirs? coz my girl doesnt have a reg napping time, MIL just said "tired then sleep lor, dont force her or have fix a time for sleep lah" but dont think CC can accomodate to this extend, right?

Leereiner,
I checked before for 18mths nap time i tink is around 12pm - 3pm if i'm not wrong. But I asked the operator before. She said if the kid not tired they wont force them to sleep, either the teacher or principal will play with them or let them do some simple activities
happy.gif

So I don't think u will need to train her beforehand. Moreover I tink after they gone there for sometime they will automatically adjust their own bio clock to nap around that timing too
happy.gif

U considering sending ur ger to Creative Star too?

yup yup.... playgroup, 3 hrs per day one. the attraction is the ctr is new, things look new to me. intend to register this dec. just change job, yet finish the probation so cant take childcare leave. but gotta get "green light" from my in-laws 1st.

hi blur & other mommies,

wonder can share what do you usually do over the weekends with your jr?

Re : Weekends with Junior

Normally Sat is family day and we bring our ger out, whether kaikai, go to the park, beach etc.
Sunday normally i stay at home cos need to do all the housework for the week *lol*....quite boring life i have...haha

yaya... the principal told me of the price. the cost of the uniform. if want my girl to take shower over there, she can arrange too. the principal is too " Enthusiastic" everything can can, can be done, can be arrange.... bit scared of the principal when she said these. My hubby said as the ctr is new, not many children are there so in order to get in more biz, everything gotta be "can" 1st lor, "sales talk"??? hee!!!!

Re : Weekends with Junior
mine is almost the same as yours too, ... except me dont have to do any housework, all done by MIL. She said me dont have to do or else jeopardize her schedule. phew!!!!

places she goes will be my mum's pl (she likes to play with the dog), library, shoppping (mummy likes it, but papa always said 'sian").

Swimming (so far 4 times only). Hmmmmm for the beach, bot her to east coast on her 1st birthday, she was so afraid of the sand and the sea.... gotta bring her to there again. and zoo once but my girl fall asleep in the pm, too tired for her.

wonder where to bring her over weekends, where no need to spend $$$ yet fun places? dont mind pay bit to travel lah, on mrt and bus only... cheapo here... hee!!!!

Leereiner,
The centre opened in August. Actually the enrolment growing quite fast. In early Oct when i visited there are about 20+ children only. Currently including playgrp i was told they have abt 40 children liowz. For Infantcare they can only take up to 8-9 infants.
The operator is a nice lady, she's Mrs Wong rite?

Back