Boon Keng Mommy's Club

ahblur

Hi,

Any mommies staying near boon keng mrt?
happy.gif
Let's start yakking!
happy.gif

Hi Celeste,

ME! I stay near Boon Keng MRT...Hehe..Are you near McNair Road? How many kids you have? I have two.

Hi hi,

I stay near Boon Keng also
happy.gif

How many children do ur hv? How old r they? Btw, where to u send ur children to prenursery? I m looking for one prenursery sch tt is convenient.

I hv one son, 26 mths old.

Hi Celeste & Jade,

Are both of you SAHM or working? My boy is 29months and My gal will be one month old this Sunday.

Celeste,

me your neighbour.. my girl 6 months old.. which blk u stay? i am wondering about the prenursery schools near us.. dunno how are the rates and "queue" like..

my MIL look after her so, looking more @ playgroup lah..

btw, i stay blk 21..

Hi Everyone,

I am staying near Kallang MRT. It is not too far from Boon Keng MRT. Hope I can join in to chat too.
happy.gif

Jasmine,

I stay at Blk 13!!
happy.gif
Hehe, I have already decided once my ger is 2 yrs old i Put her at the childcare at Blk 14 ;)
As for playgroup ah...i donno if there are any nearby lehz.

Pisces_Gal,
Hi welcome!!
happy.gif

celeste,

how old ur bb? mine is 8 months liaoz.. my MIL stay blk 13 leh..! keke.. can meet u @ playground in evenings liaoz!

stylishmum,
woah, ur MIL stay blk 13? Which flr...haha, i stay 4th floor :p
so u go n pick ur bb up everyday? My ger is 10+mths old liowz ;)

hi celeste,
think so... not much posting here..
will be fun if its active..

btw u had given birth? or waiting?

xue,
I have given birth sometime ago liowz. My ger is now abt 11+mths
happy.gif
What bout u?

JSim,
Hihi, which blk u stay at?

hi

I stay opp Lavender Food Court. I have a girl who has just turned 4.

She used to go to a kindergarten in Newton. Just switched her to one at United Sq.

Nice to meet all of you. :)

celeste
so sorrie reply so late. i was online that night cuz we went out gai gai then come home late liao lor. then i surf net till late cuz whole day i did not come online..hehehe

heez
happy.gif

heyz, lets share our baby's pix okies?
i shall start the ball rolling!

Here's my ger pix taken juz on Sunday for her 1st yr-old bday party!
happy.gif

844292.jpg

844293.jpg

hey marmies..
'MIA' for a period of time.

celeste,
ur girl is cute !

me haven give birth. but is very near... =)
edd 9aug... =)

celeste,
daddy wants bb to be out either on 9 aug or 5 aug. 5 aug daddy's birthday.. haa~
09-08-07 nice number yea.. haa~

xue,
yuppies...nice number!!
happy.gif

my ger was born on 20th June 2006 which is 20-06-2006 which is also 20062006...haha
happy.gif

so u bought most of ur stuffs liowz?
and u also working?

celeste,
oh my ! 20 06 2006. nice number !!

i think i've got most of the stuffs ? >.<
kinda gan jiong as my thread ppl are rushing for last minute stuff and aftr browsing, know tt i haven get those either !

im working FT. will work till the day i deliver.. =)

xue,
haha...wat stuffs u still lacking? Juz get the basic necessities first
happy.gif

Aiyo, I also work until I deliver, cos my case was induce as at 40weeks exactly...cos my ger refuse to come out by herself...*lol*
Btw, if u are going to BF, remember to get a pump hor very impt!

i intend to B.F

went to mrs wong class, she said no need to buy so early.. scarly no milk.
somemore she said we can try using the B.P at TMC before deciding which to buy...

which pump u using?

ur ger too comfy inside.. haa~ hope my son will come out on Aug.. not too early or too late.. haaa~

Xue,
That time what I did was I bought the Avent Manual Pump cos its quite gd and cheaper. Like u say, I donno got milk anot so dont wanna spend so much on pump yet. But after 1 mth of BF, I gave up on the manual pump, I bought the Medela Dual Pump and its been serving me for bout 1 yr till now I am still using it
happy.gif

hmm... i think i'll try the pump at TMC then decide which to buy..
many says manual pump is tired...
electric pump seems so ex for me..

xue,
Manual pump is tiring but if u are almost always latching on ur bb then its okies cos u will seldom use it unless u happen to be "milk cow" still got lots of milk even after bb latches...hehe
happy.gif

As for electric pump I bought mine at about $265 at metro sale for medela dual pump. And it comes with a box of free breast pads and 3 free medela breastmilk storage bottles. So it was quite a gd buy at tat time
happy.gif

Also, if u are a working mum and u intend to BF even after returning to work, u had better get a electric dual pump so u dont need to spend so much time pumping in the office.
happy.gif

For TMC one theirs i think even more exp...haha, i tink its the Medela PIS and the Avent IQ Isis Uno Duo I think. Both of them about $600+ each *lol*

oh man !
tts so ex...
sign~ gonna spend another bomb..
mayb i'll decide aftr bb is out.. hv to see if my supply is gd...

thx for the info.. =)

hi, every one

Me staying at Geylang Bahru, pretty near Boon Keng.. Hope to join in..just moved in.. actually wan to get flats near Boon Keng but hubby dun wan.. he wan to stay near his parents (who is staying near kallang station)..

I am planning for a baby but was a bit loss on what to do as in to look for a gynae etc?

Hearsay that need to take some jab before trying but dun know which one.. hmmm.. i guess need to find a gayne first but me also dun know where to find one.. I am looking for a female gynae around our area and delivery at Mount A...where u all delivered?

Hi, Celeste

Is TMC expensive? u went for natural birth? my parent in laws are putting pressure on me to have kids.. can be quite pressurize sometime.. do you really plan ahead before you have children? I quite paranoid and contradicting.. one hand wan to have a child but on the other hand worry I cannot cope and hubby cannot give the support i need..is wat i am experiencing normal?

LC
happy.gif

Sorry for the late reply. TMC ah....mine quite cheap, cos my gynae told me to opt for 4-bedder ward and he managed to get free upgrade to 2-bedder ward for me. so I paid for 4-bedder ward pricing only. And yes, I had natural birth w/o epidural so saved a bit too. After all those medisave claims etc I still got back little bit of cash...*lol*
Actually dont succumb to pressure of having kids. Only have kids when you are financially and emotionally ready and the very minimum, u cannot dislike kids.....either be neutral or must love kids
happy.gif

If you have PILs or ur own parents able to care for your kids then its no problems. Let me tell u my scenario.

I move from CCK are all the way to Boon Keng so that my parents can occasionally drop by to jaga my maid cos my ger is taken care of by my maid. Note : Nobody at home to jaga her hor, I even have to install 3 cams at home to monitor her just in case. Even with such difficulty and problems I still manage to get by so far with having a kid. So dont worry bout things too much.
happy.gif

Hi,Celeste

Thank you for sharing..i am pretty sure that my MIL will be taking care of my baby,tis is for sure... i dun know why I feel protective over this taking care thing by her.. She is a housewife all this while and raised her two sons (my hubby is the youngest) but looking at how mummy boy my hubby is, I really fear the upbringing she will have on my baby..haiz... and, my hubby is super filial. just to share with you recently my FIL went overseas for a trip but my MIL did not follow. My hubby expect me too go back for dinner during this period (cos he work afternoon shift) so to accompany her. I mean though we are staying quite near but still i wan to have my own time for myself and housework.. wat's more is that finally my MIL decided to go travelling for awhile and my hubby expect me to go and check my mil house when i am on way home fr work.. My goodness!!! My upbringing is not like that.. and my bonding with my parents is different fr my hubby but seriously i can't see eye to eye with her upbringing..I dun know why but i felt so jealous of MIL.. Crazy right??? but can't help feeling that way.. i am always on the 2nd placing after her, in my hubby's heart.. felt so sad...

LC,
then u shld share with ur hb on ur thoughts. Tell him some things that u dont agree on. Like prob u want ur bb to be more independent etc.
But I can share with u one thing. If your bb is taken care of by others no matter wat u have to close one eye. Even I sometimes or to close one or even two eyes on how my maid is taking care of my ger. Because we are working so we have no control on these things. As long as they got take care of bb, bb is eating well then other things boh pianz one.

Hihi,

sorry, I MIA! cannot find back this thread.. hee

Celeste, my MIL stay blk 13.. #15.. haha.. we can really meet up liaoz.. my girl u may have seen her in lift.. cos MIL look after her and FIL bring her for walks around playground most evenings.

There iz a playgroup @ St. george's lane.. "kidz n joy" i think...

Me now headache over these.. cos SIL going to deliver soon
sad.gif
dun think MIL can cope with my girl going to playgroup soon..
sad.gif

here iz picture of my girl.. she will be 1YO this september!

926295.jpg

Jasmine_Lau
happy.gif
I also MIA for so long! Hmmzz, will keep a lookout for ur ger...she's cute! Me sometimes will bring my ger downstairs playground also but mostly around 7+pm after i have my dinner. Sometimes if my parents come over they will bring her down in the evening 6+pm also...*lol*

Hello mummies,

I put my 9 months baby boy with my mil care at St. George during weekday. Hope I can join you all.

Oh, I have one question. Do you have any idea whether there is any good PD or GP is comfortable to attend with baby.. wanna find for one incase for any fall sick on baby. Thks.

Jasmine_Lau,
I think I saw ur MIL carrying ur ger the other day downstair!
happy.gif
Ur MIL got bring her downstair in the evening time one is it?

Evelyn,
Hi!
happy.gif
I bring my ger to the GP at St.George's Blk 3 the lady GP.

Btw, any of u all mommies putting ur kids at any childcare or playgroup around St.George, McNair, Towner or Boon Keng MRT area?
happy.gif

Hi Celeste,

How old was your ger? I did check some GP around Boon Keng MRT. Think there are quite a few GPs..Thx.

But my mil somehow prefer the PD which we seen before at Sengkang. Her name is Allison, a very nice PD, too bad it might a bit far away for mil place.

Evelyn,
My ger now 15.5 mths liowz
happy.gif

I prefer the lady GP because that time when i kenna engorged and mastitis i went to her and she was very patient n careful. And I think quite ma-fan to bring to PD cos there's no PD around and somemore PD charges are a bit more costly...hehe

Back