Boon Keng Mommy's Club

Re : Weekends with Jnr

Sometimes i also scratching my head...cos going shopping is a bit boring at times now. Its normally spending $ and somemore with a active toddler in tow, I am basically trying to catch her instead of doing proper shopping *lol*

I visited the Bollywood Veggies and Hay Dairies before. Bollywood Veggies I didnt go into the farm only ate there but the food nothing nice. As for Hay Dairies I missed the milking session, might go back there again. Tinking of visiting QianHu fish farm also.

Can go and try flying the kite at any parks or wat also
happy.gif

oooh... my girl is 8 apr 06... a few days diff only... wonder is your girl in CC?

thanks... blur... will check out the places you mentioned. hope there's shuttle service to go there.. coz we dont drive, gotta depend on public transport...

Leereiner,
I tink they got a shuttle bus "Farmart" or something like tat. Can catch it at Kranji MRT if i'm not wrong
happy.gif

yaya... there's a shuttle bus svcs from kranji MRT, just managed to track it. thanks, blur... you are great help.

yup.. met mrs wong of creative CC. she's a nice lady. rem went to the ctr and there were about 5-6 toddler. It was a heavy raining day and the toddlers were having their nap. Suddenly, there came a very loud thunder, even me was scared of. she quickly went to see the kids even there was a teacher down there. But me didnt meet any teachers at that time. Wonder how is the teacher.

Leereiner,
From what I know, the teacher to child ratio in CC/playgroup is about 1 : 7. Then the teachers either possess dip in early childhood or those certificates.
happy.gif

She's quite nice. Every morning I bring my ger there, she will carry her when we are going to leave then she keep telling my ger "mommy and daddy is going working" Then she will bring my ger to the window and see us go off.

hihi,
me backie!

sorry sorry!

<font color="0000ff">celeste & dorcas</font>,
we can meet @ blk 13 liaoz..hehe..even though i shifting away from blk 21. sold my view for $$ ..
sad.gif
My MIL jaga my girl and she stay 15th floor.

BTW, where iz this Creative huh? where iz blk 5? after stay so many years, i still blur blur leh..270sgd/month for 3 hrs playgroup EVERYDAY? cheap leh.

Julia Gabriel charge me 680 sgd for 2x a week x 1.5 hrs x 20 lessons...

<font color="0000ff">jf</font>,
i will shift to blk 38 @ upper boon keng road..
we drive, so it iz ok, the blocks just upgrade, so not in danger of enbloc next 5 yrs i think..

<font color="ff0000">Mummies,</font>
i work in orchard for last 7 yrs, so very close to home now and i fully understand the shopping problem. The good thing is, i am always first at sales! but might be changing job, so quite sianz. to think of starting all over again and chiong to prove myself.. haiz..

weekends,
stay home until DD wake up from late morning nap while parttime help clean up house x 4 hrs, then go mum's place @ balestier, then go out jalan in evening or catch up with frens. Sunday, go for breakfast with DD & hubby @ ECP/ mac/ timsum/ botanic garden/ sentosa and play sand/ water/ fountains, see birds and dogs and swans, then go jalan again or bring DD to gymB @ tanglin mall for freeplay session. then evening spend with PIL..
happy.gif

hey, btw, wanna organise a gathering huh for st. george's mummies?

this way can yak and exchange tips in comfort of home.. more comfy then playground..

jf,

we hoping to kanna enbloc @ blk 38 too.. but since juz upgrade, i dun think so yet.
happy.gif
as long i get a place to stay within kallang whampoa, i ok liaoz.

i will bring my girl down now and then, not always, cos her zzz time is around 9pm and she attending GUG classes every tues n thurs, so maybe once or twice a week will bring her down to enjoy =)

hmm,, someone asked about PD?

my DD was seeing dr. simon ng @ Mt. A. then recently when she had fever, i tried dr. ong eng keow, whom i like better but more expensive! still cannot make up my mind!

jasmommy,
Blk 38 is a point blk right? I heard that blks upgraded within last 10 yrs are unlkely to be enbloc
sad.gif
My mom's blk was upgraded about 7-8 yrs ago.

Btw the free shuttle bus to "Farmart" can be taken from CCK bus interchange, next to CCK mrt.

jasmommy,
Why u sell ur house at blk 21 then move to upp. boon keng, cos u buying resale flat then not much difference rite?
happy.gif

How I wish I stay high-floor, i tink high-flr view are superb one woh!!!

Then since ur mil jaga ur ger and she stay Blk 15, everyday u have to drop ur ger off at ur MIL place first?

Creative Star is at Blk 5 Boon Keng Road. U noe the flats opposite the empty field and the Kwong Wai Shiu hospital? Its there
happy.gif
And yes, its $270/mth for 3 hrs everyday from Mon-Fri.

me me... me still here... ha!!! still under probation, no leave to take...

went to sin expo yesterday for the TIMES book sales.... managed to grab 4 books for my girl and 1 for my niece. But there were something made me angry over there. Saw parents who took lots of books ( at least 2 full baskets) and sit @ one corner and choose... some even read to their kids page by page. And me saw some books which me wanna get for my girl but they were inside their "terrority", dunno whether they wanna buy the books. DH said why me didnt go up and ask. I told him that the parents just start their reading session with their kids, dunno when they gonna finish them. And the books me wanted were way down the last few.... hmmmm.... is this sence common @ book fair? me seldom go leh.... mountain tortise eh? but me still they were selfish, agreed?

Leereiner,
morning!
happy.gif

I tink some of the parents only like treating the book sales machiam like library, take the book to one side and read to their child. But sometimes mabbe its just that they wanna see if the book is worthwhile buying also.
Normally I dont buy books for my ger that frequently cos I usually go to the library to borrow
happy.gif

I went IKEA Tampines yesterday afternoon, aiyo...crowded like crazy! Gave up walking after bout 30mins...cos so crowded not easy to shop.

that's my 2nd time to buy books for my girl. But library has tons of books whereelse book fair has limited ones mah. so coz know paretns wanna get the good and worth ones but shldnt "book" the books leh.

same as you, we usu go library to borrow. we have 3 cards so can borrow 12books, can last my girl for 3 weeks. And now, with the sch hoilday can double the numbers. hooray... which library do you go?

Leereiner,
monday blues.....:p

Yuppies, quite agree with you. I think its more fair if they just give the books a quick browse and decide if they wanna get to be fair to other interested buyers also
happy.gif

Hehe, I also got 3 cards, mine + hb + ger one. Normally I go to the JE library cos near my workplace. At times when I go Toa Payoh then i will go the the library there
happy.gif

very BLUE here too.... heavy rain here makes me sleepy leh

me prefer go to bishan one, coz its quite new.... so you bring your girl to choose the book or you do the selection?

does your girl wake up in the midnites for milk? or she can sleep thru the nites now?

Leereiner,
My side also heavy rain juz now. Now is drizzling only liowz.

Normally I choose the book for my ger, cos she will juz grab many books! *lol*

She doesnt wake up for milk at nite liowz. I more or less trained her since she was bout 3mths old. Unless she got nitemare or not feeling well then she will wake up.

hi blur,

how you trained your girl?

me have not really able to sleep since my girl's birth, a real panda here. less than 2-3 hrs of nite sleep for 19 mths. MIL said this is common to wake up for milk, just a passing phase. But my girl wakes up twice for milk, sometimes 3times. her usu last feed of milk is aro 9-10pm. Ya she is a small eater, her milk is 120ml only since 6th mth. Her soild, be it porridge or rice, she can finish a mini bowl ocassionly only. MIL has a hard time to feed her too. My DH wants to have another one next yr, me dunno can take it.... sigh!!!

Leereiner,
That time when she wake up for night feeds, I will try to let her drink water first. Then give her little bit of milk. Then slowly reduce the milk amount and then juz give water alone. After sometime she juz stopped waking up for nite feeds
happy.gif

Then I usually give her about 210-240ml of FM now as her last feed for the day at arnd 9pm. She usually goes to bed after 10-10.30pm. So the milk is normally enuff to last her until the next morning's feed at around 6+am.

ya... tried the H2O on her, identical method as yours (taught by my frenz), didnt work. Then MIL said "give her milk, she's hungry" but she wakes up twice or even 3 times per nite to ask for milk. Even increase the milk vol, she can finish it too. But number times, still remain. MIL said my girl "bully" me, my DH said this too.
kao_frustrated.gif
sigh... so when will my girl sayang me leh?

any more methods to try? pls... mummies, please contribute.... thanks...

Leereiner,
U got try giving her more milk as her last feed?
happy.gif

Or she no matter wat last feed can only take up to certain amt of milk?

Leereiner,
U got try giving her more milk as her last feed?
happy.gif

Or she no matter wat last feed can only take up to certain amt of milk?

yap.. tried that too on her last feed.... give 180ml, cant finish. so try 150ml, seems okie. so stick to this. but at times, she cant finish too. when she wakes up, give 150ml 1st, can finsh, then 2nd will be 150ml again. after her milk, be it finish or not, she will take her plain water. she usu wakes up @ 12, 3am,then 5am for the 3rd time. My girl wakes up aro 7, sometimes 6plus. this is cultivated by MIL coz she gotta do housework, she prefer to settle my girl 1st, like bath her, breakfast for her. Then FIL and/or BIL can look after my girl.

Leereiner,
Hmmzz...then I guess this is boh pianz....
sad.gif

Have u tried not giving her milk, give her water and then soothe her by carrying her and sayang her? See if it works?
happy.gif

Leereiner,

i accompany you lah.. my girl still wake up to latch..:p

Celeste,
ya.. i know stay high floor very nice.. i love my current place actually. but we made a mistake of taking bank loan when we were eligible for HDB loan. now cannot switch back to hdb loan unless we sell.

And property market is very good now, plus with my high floor, view and decor, i commanded a very good price of >100k COV, not bad for a 23 yr old place that i stay for only 3 yrs.

other reasons:
1) cash in pocket
2) reduce HDB property loan drastically to only 5 yrs compared to now still got 22 yrs outstanding
3) go back hdb loan anad remove stupid bank loan that i paying 6.5% interest on now!
4) AND can opt to downgrade or buy same size hdb cos i never take hdb loan before
5) our final chance to get hdb
6) we intend to rent out our HDB after 5-7 yrs, doesn't matter if en bloc or not.
7) new resale flat has full aircon, full marble, country kitchen and lift level and i buy @ 360k
8) if i buy back st george's, i gotta pay 310k for 4 room flat, no lift level and condition very jiat lat still muz pay cash over valuation of 30k!. for reasonable condition, gotta pay Cash over valuation of like 50k onwards
9) I now can breathe and relax and even if i quit, iz ok, cos loans not shiong..

For me, as long as in kallang whampoa and not sengkang, iz ok liaoz, as still close enough to mum and MIL place. if enbloc, is a bonus for me, as it means that i get a brand new hdb flat.

jf,
i dun mind no en bloc, our new resale flat very good condition leh.. we drive, so we dun mind the old terrace houses outside.. i only worry about that when my girl goes to school herself..

jasmommy,
woah..looking at ur pts, yes its very worth it to move!!!
happy.gif
u did a right choice. I tink bank loan of 6.5% is really quite crazy! But I am quite surprised that at upp boon keng can get a resale flat at 360k cos i always tot the price there is higher than at st.george's
happy.gif

that day i saw the resale flat price at my blk i was so shocked...at 6-10 storey got one resale transacted at 420k!!!! *faint* somemore ours is same as urs bout 22 yrs liowz!

hi blur,

okie shall try your suggestion tonite.... last nite didnt sleep at all, attending to my cracky girl alone.... so restless the whole day...

jasmommy,
agree with Celeste that you've all the gd reasons to move. How old is your resale flat? Mind if I ask why rent out after 5-7 yrs?

As for your girl going to sch, can arrange for sch bus to pick up.

Leereiner,
Re: wake up for night feeds
When my girl was at that stage, I was quite stressed. Celeste's method of feeding water is workable but need persistence for multiple nights before seeing results. If your girl wakes up at night & expects milk & she gets what she wants, in future she'll keep waking up to be fed. So need to break the habit.

jf,
yeah...I tried it for quite a few days before it start to really work
happy.gif

But I know of some mommies they say i very cruel, cos if bb hungry we give water like not gd. But I think its impt that I get to have rest otherwise how to take gd care of her rite? *sigh*

dont knwo is it a good start for my girl's midnite feed....

gave her abt 180ml milk aro 2130 last nite, she finished it. she woke up aro 1am for milk. Gave her 120ml, she finished it. then 3am she woke up again. gave her water, she knew it, and fussed over it but still drank finish it, abt 120ml. but pat her to sleep, no wake up after that. at least till me left for work, aro 730...

me worry whether can me take care of 2nd one next yr as we are planning for Yr08

Celeste,
Me too.. tried for multiple nights b4 she sleeps thru'out
happy.gif
I don't think my girl is hungry leh.. I think she just wants the comfort of sucking warm milk when she wakes up in the middle of the nite. I read books that say babies need to be trained to fall back to sleep on their own, without relying on milk or food etc.
Yalor, if you don't have enough sleep yourself, can't take gd care of your girl mah.

Leereiner,
Hang in there! By 2 yrs old, most babies can sleep thru'out the nite ler..

Leereiner,
At least its a gd start that at 3am she willing to take water!
happy.gif
Jiayou!

jf,
ya lor....i salute those that still need to give nite feeds....if me hor, i tink i sure faint liowz
sad.gif

hihi.

sigh.. my girl still wake up for night feeds leh.. really panda manz, how to cope with no. 2, i really dun know.. so not ttc-ing yet!

jasmommy,
u got try those methods we mentioned above? Must persevere hor...even if its for 1-2 weeks also must persevere and keep giving water. Or start off with reducing the amount of milk and giving a bit of water at the same time during her late nite feeds? Jiayou
happy.gif

Hi , can I join in . I stay in Simei / Punggol with 2 girls age 5 and 2 but my work place is at Kallang Place , near Kallang MRT or Boon Keng MRT .

me here again...

my girl has been asking for milk once, cldnt bluff her to take water leh.... last nite she didnt wake up for milk till this am 630, with her last feed @10pm... hope this is a good sign....

hi blur,
me went to register my girl @ creative yeterday. gonna start my girl for 3hrs playgroup next week,i.e 3rd Dec. So there's no subsiby for playgroup, rite? the number of toddlers is getting bigger and bigger. mrs wong said that there're a few new comer. And lots of inquiries too. HMMMMM... this ctr is getting hot.... wonder can my girl is able to cope, will she's able to get the teachers attention? my girl is rather small size for her age, scare she'll be bully.... am me too worry?

Leereiner,
thats a gd sign!!!
happy.gif

As for the playgroup. Ya, no subsidy for playgroup. Somemore like that count playgrp not that cheap cos its at $270/mth while full day childcare is $400/mth.
I tink it shld be quite okies. Because from what I know they will give more attention to newcomers one
happy.gif

I also tink there are more kids now. But seems like there is one boy who bites there!
sad.gif
Yesterday went to fetch my ger, saw another poor little ger first day there kenna bitten by that boy. But I guess this kind of thing will happen in any childcare or playgroup one. Guess its inevitable *sigh*

hey mummies,
was kinda lost among all the threads here, anyway, speed read all the posts.

my girl also will wake up in the middle of the night for milk, if we don give her, her cry will tear the whole house apart. even plain water also cannot.

want to share:
i have set up a parents and tots class for scrapbooking. testing the market.
since you mummies staying around the area, the class can be conduct as per family at either my place or yours instead of a group class.

1093654.jpg

hi blur,

huh??? scary leh... who's the "biter"? tell me lah, pls... so what did the teacher do to the toddler?

my girl didnt wake up for milk last nite. gave her water, using her milk bottle. But heard her sucking sound, think me create another problem. she's sucking very hard. oh dear.... what shall me do?
kao_sad.gif

had try to pull out the bottle fm her, but she screamed.... she's sucking for the comfort eh, rite? she woke up aro 5am to search for milk, so gave her water instead. so pulled out the bottle aro 6am... sigh...

anyone heard of orangetree childcare ctr @ simei? need feedback...

Back