Birthday Cake pics to share

Hi,

Been reading thru this thread and I would like to share my views abt PG.

I have been PG's customer for many years and so far, my experiences have been good. Sarah's cake may look plain but I think if it was highlighted to PG during collection, I am sure that they will gladly do something more for you. Even at this point in time when you feedback to them, I am sure they will acknowledge. No one is perfect and we all, including PG, can learn from customer's feedback.

To my knowledge, when customization is requested, the charge will be rendered regardless whether the design is simple or complicated. In addition, putting myself in the baker’s shoes, it will be difficult for the bakers to over or under decorate the design instructed as that may lead to unnecessary complaints. Design is always subjective. When more is added, the customer may or may not be happy. He/She may want just a simple design instead. Thats why I always believe in communication...

My son’s cake was certainly well done and I was more than satisfied.
happy.gif
PG is reputed to be a value for money bakery with good cake product relative to hotel standards. One man's poison may be another man's remedy so there are no absolutes.. The choice remains in one’s hands.
happy.gif

Btw, I am in no way related to PG but as a happy customer, I feel I should share the other view too.

Hi mummies,

i have not ordered cakes online before and will like to do so. esp seeing those yummy cupcakes.

Pls advice do we make full payment via transfer upon ordering the cake? will it be safe?

thanks

hi jenny, thks for the info...may order from mong for my son bday!!!!!! u really know a lot abt cakes uh? i still rem i was asking u some info last yr when i m sourcing for my gal 1 YO bday.....

here's a pic of my gal 1YO bday last oct. from PG. i like it very much...thou the sourcing of the figurines is stressful....

1285331.gif

stressma,

where did u get the figurine for mickeymouse characters? My boy's birthday round the corner and I am under stress to find these figurines for his cake
happy.gif

i saw those overseas spree on birthday direct they have plenty of cartoon figurines & party supplies.
hope this helps.

Hi Celine,
May i know which cake shop did you get your child's Thomas & Friends cake? It's very nice for a 3D cake.

Hi Jenny,

"I tried on 2 occasion (interval time abt 3 weeks). 1st time very good, the chocolate cake is not sweet and rich. But I'm disappointed with 2nd time. Yucky, I threw away."

Are you refering to Vivian's cake or ecreative? I am thinking of ordering a cake from Vivian......

nikki's birthday cake from pine garden.
personally i feel their black forest cake is very nice when serve cold.

1308043.jpg

Does anyone have any feedback on cakes from Cake Avenue? I've seen pics on their website but I haven't tried their cakes, so not sure about taste. Can anyone help? Need to confirm an order soon. Thanks.

Jenny, the cupcakes are very nice! May I know if you ordered mini or normal? Can share how much you paid per cupcake? Just as a guide. No plans to buy now but very tempting for future parties. Btw, taste wise, is it good for both cake and cupcake? Thanks!
happy.gif

Hi Tash, i've gotten their cakes for my gal 2nd and 3rd birthday and feedback was yummy esp. their choc fudge cake. Hope this helps.

<font color="aa00aa">my girl's birthday cake this year.

sigh... i had very high hopes.. but when the cake came, i was utterly disappointed.

anyways, this is the cake.
1326706.jpg
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">belle l:
happy.gif
thanks for the comfort.

sigh.. i planned for my girl to have a carousel cake since last year (last feb)... i have been scouting around and emailing all the possible cake shop around for a carousel cake as i specially wanted them to use the walton cake separator.

i wanted to order online but the online stores do not do delivery to spore. i ordered from a baking supply shop in spore and for the longest time, they kept telling me that they forgot.

then cake ave told me that they have it! and i was very happy!! they reassured me that i will definitely get the cake i wanted for my girl. but when i ordered the cake, they "forgot" to mention to me that someone had ordered a carousel cake and the separator was still with the person.

the party was on sat and i had told cake ave that the party would be at a chalet. i had called them at 10 am in the morning on sat but they didnt mention that they didnt have the separator.

how can they only have 1 separator and expect not to tell customers? i managed to get the separator myself and i was very prepared to bring it down to them to get it done but they fail to tell me that the separator was used.

it is sweet.. yes, no doubt.. but i thought it looked like it had been made by someone like myself, not a professional.

i would expect a reputable name like cake ave to to a proper job.

the saving grace... at least my guests commented that the cake was nice.

but i wont order from them again.

my girl is only 3 once and i have already gotten her a carousel cake.. will i get her another carousel cake? maybe... in the next 3 years i think.. and if she hasnt outgrown it.
sad.gif
</font>

the toys i bought myself. in total i've paid $122 for 2.5kg of blackforest cake.

2kg - $64
0.5kg - $22
design $25
deliver $12

Hi, anybody can share with me if you hv had a Barney bday cake done by Pine Garden? Or any nice and yummy 3D Barney cake by any bakery?

hi, anyone can recommend nice chocolate cakes in mickey mouse?

or even 3D cakes? or anything unique ones for twins?

they also love mickey mouse clubhouse.

anyone can offer tips?

Hi

Any mummies got any contacts for the strawberry shortcake bakery?

Looking for someone to bkae a cake for my boy birthday urgently.

Thanks

<font color="0000ff">halo ladies; may i noe wher to get the disney princess figurines?

lisa; PG charges me extra $5 for delivery &amp; art design. issit because of my design?</font>

oh not too sure leh.
happy.gif

i didnt take their design i email them the design i wanted.
mayb thats the reason they charge me higher.
sad.gif

hi i am planning a birthday party for my twins 1 year old party end of th is month, and am desparatly looking for 3D mickey mouse cake.. any advice? recommendations?

anywhere or advice also to get mickey mouse theme stuff?

hi mommies,

i have some birthday stuff for sale still in really good condition.. wasted.. and some brand new cos bought for spare. my theme was mickey mouse, so have mickey mouse stuff, and some generic stuff..

party was yesterday, today their actual birthday, let me collate everything and try to take pics of it, then i send out.

anyone interested, do email me at [email protected] thanks.

Back