Birthday Cake pics to share

Hi Bit Bit,

May I know how many kg is the cake and how much does it cost? Also, did you provide the figurines or were they from SO? If u provided, may I know where did u buy them?

Thanks.

Bit Bit,
Me too wanna know how much you paid for yr 3kg cake. Does SO charge you $40 for the pooh & friends figurines?

tobebride,
Bit Bit mentioned in her posting it is a 3kg cake. The figurines are from SO. I just went, and they charged me $40 saying is from Disney in additional to the cake price. Super ex cos the last time I ordered, I don't need to pay extra for figurines.

Hi Tobebride
1202509.gif

We paid $220 for the 3-kg cake (excluding transport which is around $15). The figurines are provided by them.
However, the young lady, Cheryl, who attended to us didn't mention the additional $40 charge for the figurines leh...
In fact we were a bit surprised when she calculated and quoted the price of the cake.. cos I remember reading postings by some of the mommies who ordered the cake from SO tat their 3-kg cakes cost <$200..
So perhaps the price of the figurines might have already been incorporated into the final price of the cake liao...
uhoh.gif

Our gal's cake got additional figurines, Rabbit &amp; Kangeroo, cos Cheryl said the 3kg cake layout is bigger, can accomodate more figures (normally they will only put Winnie, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger)

In all we are very happy with the design of the cake... Most our guests were wowed by the design, though some did mention tat they felt that we'd been overcharged
lame.gif

Hihi Jenny, long time no talk!
1202510.gif

I ordered the cake in end Dec 07. When did u go down to the shop to order??
I actually wanted the same figurines which I've seen on your gal's cake (yupe, hubby and I saw the cake which you ordered and decided to order from SO
biggrin.gif
), but they said they left the last set and the paint was slight chipped off, hence I opted for this design (which she said it's the latest)

Bit Bit,
Hi Hi! It has been a long time since we last chatted! You still remember me? How are you???

The lady who served me is also Cheryl. She din tell me they charged $40 for the pooh figurines too! After I confirmed my cake design, she was writing the invoice... then was charged $123+ for a 1.5kg cake. My hb got a shock and asked how come so ex cos we saw the price is like buttercream 1kg - $50, fresh cream 1kg - $55 lor. We did calculation ourselves and couldn't get the figures she calculated (my rough calculation for a 1.5kg cake is ard $90 or less lor). So, my hb asked and then she told us the pooh figurines cost $40!! We cancelled the pooh cake design and order another theme, where they charged the figurines for $10. I felt so cheated wor, cos last Oct I ordered a 1kg pooh cake, it is only $60 + GST, and the figurines prices are included. So I really got a shock this round. Anyway no point for the same pooh design cake right?
Just went last week only, ordered for my elder gal's 3rd bday. You saw my gal's cake?? Where???

Jenny,

Could I have a look at your gal's cake design from SO? What flavour did you choose for the sponge and filling?

Bit Bit,

Like to know which flavour u've taken as well.

Am deciding which flavour to choose.

Thanks.

Hi Jenny,
Of course I rem u, we used to chat in the SBW thread in the SB forum mah...
kao_biggrin.gif

time really flies, now u r the proud Mommy of 2 gals, and myself, proud Mommy to my gal
kao_smile.gif

aiyoh, i really kena 'ke-tok' liao...
kao_sad.gif

u r right, every year get different design then got 'xin-xian-gan'
happy.gif

I think I saw ur gal's BD cake pix in one of the posting in the 2006 Mommies category... initially thinking of getting cake from Pine Gardens, but after reading about your bad experience, plus my colleague's strong discouragement, i decided not to order from PG...
lame.gif

Hi Tobebride,
I took the vanilla flavour with choco chip filling... actually wanted blueberry filling, but Cheryl suggested other types of filling, cos the blueberry filling will stain the vanilla spongecake and give a mouldy-colored look...

tobebride,
SO sponge cake flavour limited to choose from - chocolate, vanilla, orange flavour. I think one more flavour, but I can't remember which one liao.

I did posted the SO cake b4, but can't remember where liao =P It's a pooh &amp; friends in picnic with river and tree.
Took chocolate sponge cake, no filling (just normal chocolate fresh cream).
Their cake not sweet. Elders will like.

bit bit,
All went MIAed after tat, then can't find any of you hahaha... Oh you know there's a SBW thread (think is under year 2008)? Some of us are there hor.

Your gal is Dec 2006 bb? That means my younger gal is 2 mths older than yours. Who's yr gynae?

I think I kena ketok also. Never mind lah, once a year. But really ex lor, cos this one I ordered is for home celebrations. I ordered some cupcakes with doraemon design for sch celebrations. Think cupcake not so messy for sch.

Haiz... I really had bad bad time with PG tat time!! Spoiled my mood when talk abt tat incident. Even my hb also angry. Have not been going there since the incident liao. I think for mini home celebration, if you are not fussy with design, you can go for them. But big time celebrations, I dun want to put myself with heart attack again.

I'm trying out other bakeries too, for taste and experiment. I dun want to "tie" myself to just one bakery lor.

This time round, I ordered chocolate sponge with chocolate chip filling.

Morning Jenny!

hahaha, now i'm only in contact w Pokemon, the rest all oso lost contact liao...
really?? oki, will pop by to take a look...

nope, my gal is Jan 07 bb. My gynae is Dr. Benjamin Tham Wai Lum from KKH
happy.gif

btw, u rem the 'Happy 1st Birthday' candle which we each bought for our gals' cake?? It can be found at the shop next to Dr Lawrence Ang's clinic at Sun Plaza leh... to think tat i search high and low for it...
kao_biggrin.gif

yah lor, for ourselves, we wanted a special-design cake to mark the special occasion, so at least we got the cake we wanted lah...

hmm, somehow we all will come across such shops/pple in our lives, just take it as a lesson learnt...
happy.gif

i quite like their choco chip filling, overall i find their cake not too sweet, just nice
happy.gif

hi dorie,

Do u need to keep the cupcakes in the fridge? will melt or not? I just ordered from mong too..but need to collect in the morning cos she needs to travel on that day. 1st time do bday party for my girl..very afraid will spoil it.

bit bit,
oh that candle ah, yes I know. I bought from the outlet at united sq, saw it by chance dunno many mths before my gal turned 1.
Yes, I find SO cake not sweet. Elders will like.

belle,
You ordered Mong's cupcake? I ordered a cake from her for my hb's bday. Very nice cake. I got her to do cupcake for my gal's bday in sch too.

jenny
i ordered both cake &amp; cupcakes for my girl's bday
happy.gif
i also wanted to order more cupcakes for my hubby's bday in feb but she's fully booked
sad.gif

do u like the taste of the cake &amp; cupcakes? Appreciate your reviews. I like all her designs very cute &amp; sweet. Tks!

sian le come in here to complain...ordered cupcakes from cupcake mommma thru email, she replied that she can take in my order for my hubby's bday.

Then after i send in the order cfm, now one week past &amp; NOT A SINGLE REPLY FROM THEM!! i am pissed. I need the cakes this sat...think i cant give my hubby a surprise liao
sad.gif
Not taking in my order or anything AT LEAST GIMME A REPLY so i can find an alternative???

spideyspice,
if you are getting cake from Smiling Orchid, they have the Dora and gang figurines for $10. However, they dun sell the figurines.
Dora figurines quite easy to get, check out their toy series, or mega blocks or playdough set.

hi xuan,

tks for the contact , just sms her cross my fingers but i think quite late to order now 2 more days only
sad.gif

jenny
sigh..duno why lidat la..promise to take my order yet dun want to reply my email dat reflects some bad on them.

Thanks Jenny. Managed to get the Dora and friends figurines from Kiddy Palace. It's a board game set which includes Dora, Diego, Boots and Bag figurines.

Hv u tried Smiling Orchid cake?

blurbelle,
I heard quite a no of mummies encountered the same issue.

spideyspice,
yes, not too bad. Not sweet. But if you compare with Pine Gardens, Pine Garden cakes have more variety to choose from. But design wise, Smiling Orchid really did a good job, the kids will be impressed.

helo mummies,
am planning 1st b'dae for my boy in May.

any one has suggestion whr to hold the celebration and nice cakes for boys?

jenny

nvm la..in fact i think maybe it's blessin in disguise lor..who knows if i order her stuff n yet dun turn out well yet i hv to pay more jialat..haiz..anyway no bday cake for hubby...too last min so i bot only 2 slices of cheese cake to 'entertain' my 3 yr old nephew so he can have chance to blow candles :p

Thanks Jenny.

Bunz, it depends on your guests list. U can either hold it at condo function room, chalet, globetrotter, bambini, kidz loft, My Gym etc. As for cakes, just scroll upwards where kind mummies listed many good confectioneries which can produce 2D, 3D fanciful cakes.

belle,
haha... I will be getting my gal's cupcakes this Fri from Mongs for her sch celebration. I love her cake, she did my hb's cake last Nov. My hb loves too.

doremon,
I got Strawberry Shortcake theme cake for my gal's 3rd birthday from Smiling Orchid. My relatives all said very nice. We finished the 1.5kg on the day itself. Soft, not sweet. In fact, I feel it tasted better than my last order with them last year.

wow jenny, u must be a very happy customer of mong to be getting her cupcakes for your gal
happy.gif

do share with us your pics ok!

Is pink as shown in 1st pic.
2nd pic color not so nice due to the lighting exposed.
Ordered Chocolate. Yummy! Even my mum who's hard to pls, said the cupcake is nice (minus off the top deco which is of cos sweet lah).

Mixture of both.
Fondant: heart shaped, the 3 3D doraemon beside the word 3, and the name.
The rest are buttercream.

I ordered double choco for hb's cake, super rich!

can anybody please advise me where I can get Barney/Doraemon figures/props for putting on the birthday cake...?

i'm requesting PG cakes to design my girl's 2nd bday cake..however, they advised props are provided by parents...

thanks..

hi,

anyone try barney cake and barney cupcake from primadeli? i am thinking of getting it for my girl 2nd bithday

thanks in advance for the info

like to share my experience with PG...quite disappointed with their attitude...and the turnout of the cake..

corresponded with Chan Yun over email several times...every reply was a day later, or a few emails later..tried to call her over the phone to finalise details, but always couldn't get the line through...

when i went down to PG cake to show her the figurines and to finalise the cake details, i waited for 15mins, before she called me and told me she's busy and can't come down and meet me! I'm just downstairs in her shop! so much for service..!

will post the pucs of the cake shortly..and let you mommies decide if the $20 creative design charge is worth it...FYI, the figurines are provided by me..

here's the pics..i spent $35 (cake) + $30 (cupcakes - 10pcs) + $20 (creative design fee)

though the cake isn't very well done..i must say taste of the cake is good...

1276480.jpg

sarah_angel,
frankly speaking, i feel you are overcharge for the creative design fee. Might as well just do a plain cake and you put the figurines onto the cake/cupcake yourself.

Picked up my girl's cake from PG yesterday. It is a standard design. I told Lee Keow that I want this design with the Sesame St characters. Top layer is lychee martini (which all my guest love) and bottom layer is strawberry fresh cream (equally yummy). Total price $99.50

This is our 3rd order with them. 1st was my 3-tier wedding cake, 2nd was my girl's 1st birthday.
1276754.jpg

Hi

Has any order any cakes from Cupcake Divinity. Pls share with me your feedback. Thinking of ordering a cake from her for my daughter's 2nd birthday.

Thanks

jenny,

i luv ur doraemon cupcakes!!!!! Its so pretty and special...can u provide me the contact for Mong? how much is it?
for the doramon figurine, was it provided by u?

young_mummy,
I tried on 2 occasion (interval time abt 3 weeks). 1st time very good, the chocolate cake is not sweet and rich. But I'm disappointed with 2nd time. Yucky, I threw away.

stressma,
Mong's schedule is already packed. Tried a booking for May, but Mong's can't do already.

<font color="119911">Pls check out her website at www.mongstirs.com and contact her for the prices. Price depends on your theme.</font>

MengChoo did the 3D doraemon. I provide nothing. Just told her I want doraemon theme.

Back